final_gal

Fox appreciation thread: Tell me your builds!

Imo Fox is really underrated. I value her strength since she is the only counselor who can demask AND wear the sweater. She can also do repairs when necessary, her stamina/speed are OK...thanks to her above average conposure, her stamina doesn't recharge too slowly, and the mini-map stays for a while.

To compensate for her low luck and improve her combat potential, I use thick skinned, man at arms and sucker punch. My favourite weapon for her is definitely the axe due to its stun potential AND damage, which synergize well with the perks.

I can adapt my playstyle depending on what the others are doing, get the sweater, and/or demask, or repair, or protect the others, which I feel is good for quick play.

So what do you guys use on her? 

Tl;dr: Fox can do many things AND can get the sweater, which imo makes her outclass Adam/Shelley/Kenny. 

She is not the ONLY counselor who can demask and wear the sweater. While all the other girls are clearly weaker, they do damage with a machete and are capable of demasking. It’s just that Fox is faster.

Fox is underrated, she doesn’t specialize in any stat and isn’t abysmal in any stat. She is very well rounded. My perk build on her is sucker punch, nerves of steel, and thick skinned. For the pure fact that she can get the sweater and has more stamina, I like more than Adam. If I had to put her in a tier list she’d be in the middle...probably like my fifth or sixth most played counselor.

She can work with any build you put her with, I make her my fighter/repair character.

• Like 1

I like her as sweater girl so I use epic marathon, restful, and nerves of Steele in case I need to run and keep Jason busy for a few while I have the sweater on. 

• Like 1

Fox is one of my three main characters. 

Repair isnt bad at all. Her strength is real nice. Most of my Jason kills I run sweater with her. 

I typically run marathon(her stamina needs that boost) slugger(lack of decent weapons to find immediately makes me choose that), and thick skin.

She is ok.  While strength is a attractive stat when attempting to kill Jason, her bad luck is a concern.   Vanessa is the better choice and has enough strength and luck to demask if you know what you're doing and keep the blade.  Hell, I've demasked Jason plenty of time even with Jenny :P.   For Fox, my build is the typical "Meta", Medic, NoS, Swift Attacker.

Fox is an excellent end game sweater girl for killing Jason. If everybody dies or escape and Jason is rarely hit, she and Tommy can turn the tables around and kill him very fast. Strength will matter at this point for demasking and she can do both.

Fox is my go to character for surviving a night at camp by any means necessary. 

She's good at repairs, so escaping is always a possibility. Her stamina and speed aren't too bad, so if you need to you can evade the pissed off goalie for awhile. Plus with the right build she can demask even the best Jason's without even breaking a sweat. 

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

She is ok.  While strength is a attractive stat when attempting to kill Jason, her bad luck is a concern.   Vanessa is the better choice and has enough strength and luck to demask if you know what you're doing and keep the blade.  Hell, I've demasked Jason plenty of time even with Jenny :P.   For Fox, my build is the typical "Meta", Medic, NoS, Swift Attacker.

Not really...Fox can EASILY demask Jason with 2 to 3 shots from a machete. It takes Vanessa a few more whacks with a machete. Not to mention the machete is very durable. Despite her low luck, she’ll have enough swings with it to demask Jason easy. I’ve unmasked Jason with every counselor, it’s just easiest with Fox on the female side...much easier than Vanessa.

I wish they would've added her tail as seen it was obviously meant to be there, but I guess its whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not really...Fox can EASILY demask Jason with 2 to 3 shots from a machete. It takes Vanessa a few more whacks with a machete. Not to mention the machete is very durable. Despite her low luck, she’ll have enough swings with it to demask Jason easy. I’ve unmasked Jason with every counselor, it’s just easiest with Fox on the female side...much easier than Vanessa.

Well, seeing how Fox get only 4 swings out of the machete, there is a good chance she'll lose it if one of the hits stuns.  My Opinion is based on my experience.  I've already mentioned that Vanessa needs more swings (1 of 2 more), but my point is if the player is good, her speed makes it easier to land hits.  Jenny/Victoria is a good choice if you are relaying on Tommy do to the damage, as she unlikely to break the valuable weapon backing up Tommy, keeping it when he needs to confirm the kill.  Ideally, if you wanna use Fox for Jason-Hunting, it would be best to demask before grabing the sweater.  I prefer to wait of Tommy and demask Jason together when we grab the sweater.  Usually I can catch a Jason trying to escape after Tommy gets the mask off.  If you demask Jason earlier and he knows someone has the sweater and Tommy is in the game, many will turn Yellow and hide in the lake. 

Thick Skinned Runner Fox, Marathon, Restful and Thick Skinned.

12 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, seeing how Fox get only 4 swings out of the machete, there is a good chance she'll lose it if one of the hits stuns.  My Opinion is based on my experience.  I've already mentioned that Vanessa needs more swings (1 of 2 more), but my point is if the player is good, her speed makes it easier to land hits.  Jenny/Victoria is a good choice if you are relaying on Tommy do to the damage, as she unlikely to break the valuable weapon backing up Tommy, keeping it when he needs to confirm the kill.  Ideally, if you wanna use Fox for Jason-Hunting, it would be best to demask before grabing the sweater.  I prefer to wait of Tommy and demask Jason together when we grab the sweater.  Usually I can catch a Jason trying to escape after Tommy gets the mask off.  If you demask Jason earlier and he knows someone has the sweater and Tommy is in the game, many will turn Yellow and hide in the lake. 

A machete has a 1 stun, unlikely it’ll stun Jason...although I’ve done it many of times. Which is why for ANY counselor a machete is a better demasking weapon than an axe. There is no point in needing the machete if you are going to the shack anyways. There is an axe in the shack and Fox will demask Jason easy with a machete. Even if it breaks then oh well...an axe is in the shack for Tommy. No need for the machete, especially since Tommy has to do the stun now unless you have a third person. All counselors swing and evade at the same speed unless you have perks to speed it up. Vanessa’s speed has no bearing on how fast she swings a weapon, only her jogging and top speed. Her speed makes her have distance from Jason which you don’t really want. I normally just go in for the hits because most Jason players will begin to swing on you instead of grabbing (worst thing you can do). Jenny and Victoria are not good choices for demasking. It’s possible of course but it’s the same thing you explained with Fox, their weapon will probably break before demasking. They are weak and it’ll take a good 5-7 shots before the mask is off. They are lucky characters so you’ll have more shots but you will also have to take more shots to unmask. It balances out. Again...a machete doesn’t really matter if you break it or not if you are on the way to the shack. If people have already been beating on Jason then you may even knock it off in less hits. There have been times I’ve knocked it off first try with Tiffany because Jason has already been hit multiple times that round. Any counselor can be valuable in demasking, just that Fox is the quickest and the machete is not as valuable as an axe so it doesn’t matter as much if it breaks.

I specifically have a "Kill Jason" build with her, since as you mentioned she can demask and wear the sweater. I rounded her out with the Start with Bat perk (which I try to drop off at his shack ASAP for a future counselor), Potent Ranger so I come back as Tommy with a good bit of strength boost, and Speed Attacker in order to get those hits in faster. It's been successful a number of times, so I stick with it.

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

A machete has a 1 stun, unlikely it’ll stun Jason...although I’ve done it many of times. Which is why for ANY counselor a machete is a better demasking weapon than an axe. There is no point in needing the machete if you are going to the shack anyways. There is an axe in the shack and Fox will demask Jason easy with a machete. Even if it breaks then oh well...an axe is in the shack for Tommy. No need for the machete, especially since Tommy has to do the stun now unless you have a third person. All counselors swing and evade at the same speed unless you have perks to speed it up. Vanessa’s speed has no bearing on how fast she swings a weapon, only her jogging and top speed. Her speed makes her have distance from Jason which you don’t really want. I normally just go in for the hits because most Jason players will begin to swing on you instead of grabbing (worst thing you can do). Jenny and Victoria are not good choices for demasking. It’s possible of course but it’s the same thing you explained with Fox, their weapon will probably break before demasking. They are weak and it’ll take a good 5-7 shots before the mask is off. They are lucky characters so you’ll have more shots but you will also have to take more shots to unmask. It balances out. Again...a machete doesn’t really matter if you break it or not if you are on the way to the shack. If people have already been beating on Jason then you may even knock it off in less hits. There have been times I’ve knocked it off first try with Tiffany because Jason has already been hit multiple times that round. Any counselor can be valuable in demasking, just that Fox is the quickest and the machete is not as valuable as an axe so it doesn’t matter as much if it breaks.

Lol, you didn't need to spell out all that info, you should know by now I have a solid grasp on pretty much all the mechanics of this game.  You may not believe this but I've had games with Fox where the Machete broke in her hand and the Axe broke because every hit stunned.  It may not be likely, but its a concern.  Personally I just don't value strength all that much, as any counselor can easily demask (even 1 strength takes 5 light swings at most) as long adequate backup is provided and a knowing when you can plant those heavy swing on Jason.  Yes Fox is a better option if strictly aiming for demasking than say Jenny, but I've also never broken a machete with her in my demask attempt.  Vanessa is the best sweater girl period, since she can grab it anytime she wants, and still effectively demask.

I guess it depend on you're playstyle.  If you don't want to relay on a random Tommy, to demask then you're better off with Fox.  But I'd rather just back up Tommy, especially effective if we have a extra machete with us.  And in cases where the Jason kill failed, I'd much rather be Jenny or Vanessa, since they won't go though weapons like tissue-paper like Fox :P

Fox is my main.  I think she is the best mechanic/fixer counselor.  My build on her at this point in time is legendary thick skin, epic marathon, and epic preparedness.

I've started using Fox occasionally when I get bored with AJ's stealth and Deb's repairs. I appreciate her play-style flexibility and she looks pretty badass in her Beatrix Kiddo outfit. :D

As for build, I think it's the same I use for Deb: Preparedness (all my counselors get this), Medic and Sucker Punch.

• Like 1

I wanted to elaborate more on my appreciation for Fox.  I believe she is a very underrated counselor.  Most reviews that I have seen usually rank her as a mid-tier counselor.  For example, Slash N’ Cast ranks her as the eighth best counselor out of the fourteen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzpf3Ap4h8

In my opinion, she should be higher up the list.  I have had a lot of success winning the game when I play her.  Although Fox doesn’t excel in any one trait like other counselors, her versatility has proven to be invaluable.

Here are the specific reasons why I find Fox to be such an excellent counselor.  First, she has a repair score of six.  While this is not in the same league as Deborah Kim’s perfect score of ten, I have found the score of six to be good enough.  I play on the PS4 and when I fix an objective, I always press and release the X button until I only get three skill checks on the mini-game which allows me to complete the objective in seconds without alerting Jason.

Second, Fox has a stamina score of five which I consider to be the most important trait in a counselor.  In my opinion, stamina is like a life bar.  If you run out of stamina out in the open, you’re almost guaranteed to die.  Out of all mechanics – those counselors with a repair score of six or higher – Fox has the highest stamina score.

She has a composure score of six.  Of course, Fox can’t touch Jenny Myer’s perfect score of ten, but she can keep her cool around Jason for a while.

She has a strength score of seven which allows her to function as an excellent brawler – those counselors with a strength score of six or higher.  She can stand shoulder to shoulder with other brawlers like Brandon and Adam and help put Jason through the wringer.

Fox is a female which means she has the option of grabbing the sweater too.

I play Fox as a mechanic/runner counselor.  I like to fix objectives as quickly as possible and I use those perks that help me to achieve that. 

As I had stated in a previous post, I use the following perks on her:  legendary thick skinned, epic marathon, and epic preparedness.  In my opinion, thick skinned is like wearing a suit of armor.  I believe this is a must have perk for not just Fox but any counselor.  You can take a hit from Jason’s throwing knives or slashing attack, tank his traps, or jump through a closed window with minimal damage.

My marathon perk is fifteen percent and it has been a godsend to me.  According to Rydog’s stamina guide, (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619) Fox with her stamina score of five would have a stamina pool of one-hundred and ten.  Vanessa Jones -which many consider to be the best runner in the game – has a stamina score of nine which gives her a pool of one-hundred and twenty-five points.

When I slap on the fifteen percent marathon perk on Fox, that increases her stamina pool from one-hundred and ten to a hundred and twenty-six and a half.  This means she would have a slightly bigger pool than Vanessa.  Wow!

My preparedness perk not only allows me to find objectives right away but has a ten percent fear reduction bonus which is a nice complement to Fox’s composure score.  It’s almost like having the nerves of steel perk.  Unless Jason is breathing down my neck, I rarely lose my mini-map.

Although I play Fox as a mechanic/runner counselor, one could play her as a brawler too.  I have heard others would buff her out with perks like sucker punch and swift attacker and go toe to toe with Jason.  I believe that is an excellent alternative way of playing her.

That’s my two-cents.  Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think.  Peace out.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Horrible. The only logical answer is thick skin medic and swift attack.

Two health perks is overkill against most Jasons unless you plan to do nothing but tank traps and that's a job for Vanessa, Chad or Tiffany, not Fox. Health has not been an issue for me since rolling an epic Medic. Swift Attacker is a good choice for Fox if you regularly try to unmask Jason but that's not my play-style. Besides, my epic Sucker Punch is better than my rare Swift Attacker. I don't think I've failed to stun once with a stunning weapon since equipping my +25% stun chance Sucker Punch.

@odista2000 covered why I used my epic Preparedness on everyone including Fox.

2 hours ago, odista2000 said:

When I slap on the fifteen percent marathon perk on Fox, that increases her stamina pool from one-hundred and ten to a hundred and twenty-six and a half.  This means she would have a slightly bigger pool than Vanessa.  Wow!

Do we know for a fact that the % increase is multiplied by the counselor stat and not added to the counselor stat?

For example:

If % increase is multiplied to counselor stat:  Stat of 1 with 15% increase perk would be 1.15 (1 x 1.15)

If % increase is added to counselor stat: Stat of 1 with 15% increase perk would be 2.5 (1 + 0.15 x 10)

And do we know for a fact that stats can be increased higher than 10? 

No, I do not know for sure how the marathon percentage works.  I was using Rydog's stamina guide for the base points and I assumed that the perk would add a percent to those points.  Like I said in previous post, Fox would have a base of 110 points.  15% of that would be 16.5.  Adding that to 110 would give us 126.5.

I always thought the mararthon perk worked like that, but I could be wrong.  Does anybody know for sure how the marathon perk works?  If so, I would love to hear the answer

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Do we know for a fact that the % increase is multiplied by the counselor stat and not added to the counselor stat?

For example:

If % increase is multiplied to counselor stat:  Stat of 1 with 15% increase perk would be 1.15 (1 x 1.15)

If % increase is added to counselor stat: Stat of 1 with 15% increase perk would be 2.5 (1 + 0.15 x 10)

And do we know for a fact that stats can be increased higher than 10? 

It works exactly like this:

38 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

Like I said in previous post, Fox would have a base of 110 points.  15% of that would be 16.5.  Adding that to 110 would give us 126.5

And yes, you can get your stats higher than 10 with perks. Unfortunately for Fox her speed is only a 4. So she can't even out jog a walking Jason. Even with 15% marathon you're not going to notice much difference in stamina if Jason is chasing you. Also the perk increases your stamina but doesn't decrease recharge rates. 

6 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Two health perks is overkill against most Jasons unless you plan to do nothing but tank traps and that's a job for Vanessa, Chad or Tiffany, not Fox

Playing in quick play you can't rely on Vanessa, Chad, or Tiffany to do anything. Getting two uses out of 1 spray is a no brainier perk. Why wouldn't you run that? If you're not using Fox for her ability to fight then maybe you should consider a different counselor. There are far better choices for repair characters.

6 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Besides, my epic Sucker Punch is better than my rare Swift Attacker. I don't think I've failed to stun once with a stunning weapon since equipping my +25% stun chance Sucker Punch.

Sucker punch is not a good perk to run at all. Especially for high strength counselors like Fox. Stunning hits don't do near as much damage as hits that don't stun. On top of that it's completely worthless after rage. Perks like medic, thick skin, hypochondriac, nerves of steel, swift attack are all better choices than sucker punch because they work for the whole length of the match.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

1 Playing in quick play you can't rely on Vanessa, Chad, or Tiffany to do anything. Getting two uses out of 1 spray is a no brainier perk. Why wouldn't you run that? If you're not using Fox for her ability to fight then maybe you should consider a different counselor. There are far better choices for repair characters.

2 Sucker punch is not a good perk to run at all. Especially for high strength counselors like Fox. Stunning hits don't do near as much damage as hits that don't stun. On top of that it's completely worthless after rage. Perks like medic, thick skin, hypochondriac, nerves of steel, swift attack are all better choices than sucker punch because they work for the whole length of the match.

1 I wasn't saying that I would rely on other counselors, I was saying that those particular counselors are good for focusing on tanking traps whereas Fox isn't. I agree that Medic is a no-brainer, that's why I use it; but Medic & Thick Skin together is overkill for a counselor like Fox. And Fox is obviously not the best repair counselor nor the best fighter but rather a good choice for when you want to keep your play-style options open which leads to my next point.

2 Fox is strong enough to do damage to Jason but you're using the wrong character if your main goal is to de-mask and kill. A good Sucker Punch gives a counselor time to put some distance between themself and Jason after a repair or during an endgame pursuit; that's why it's a good choice for Deb but an even better one for Fox since her inferior stealth and repair make it likely Jason will be chasing her more often. Fox's strength is most advantageous once she has the sweater and is working with Tommy. That's when she should be using a non-stun weapon like a machete or axe. As for perks lasting the entire match, a good Jason will almost always easily kill anyone but Vanessa or Tommy after Rage if no escape routes are available. Just one more reason you shouldn't mindlessly beat the hell out of him early during a match.