Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

Fox appreciation thread: Tell me your builds!

Imo Fox is really underrated. I value her strength since she is the only counselor who can demask AND wear the sweater. She can also do repairs when necessary, her stamina/speed are OK...thanks to her above average conposure, her stamina doesn't recharge too slowly, and the mini-map stays for a while.

To compensate for her low luck and improve her combat potential, I use thick skinned, man at arms and sucker punch. My favourite weapon for her is definitely the axe due to its stun potential AND damage, which synergize well with the perks.

I can adapt my playstyle depending on what the others are doing, get the sweater, and/or demask, or repair, or protect the others, which I feel is good for quick play.

So what do you guys use on her? 

Tl;dr: Fox can do many things AND can get the sweater, which imo makes her outclass Adam/Shelley/Kenny. 

She is not the ONLY counselor who can demask and wear the sweater. While all the other girls are clearly weaker, they do damage with a machete and are capable of demasking. It’s just that Fox is faster.

Fox is underrated, she doesn’t specialize in any stat and isn’t abysmal in any stat. She is very well rounded. My perk build on her is sucker punch, nerves of steel, and thick skinned. For the pure fact that she can get the sweater and has more stamina, I like more than Adam. If I had to put her in a tier list she’d be in the middle...probably like my fifth or sixth most played counselor.

She can work with any build you put her with, I make her my fighter/repair character.

I like her as sweater girl so I use epic marathon, restful, and nerves of Steele in case I need to run and keep Jason busy for a few while I have the sweater on. 

Fox is one of my three main characters. 

Repair isnt bad at all. Her strength is real nice. Most of my Jason kills I run sweater with her. 

I typically run marathon(her stamina needs that boost) slugger(lack of decent weapons to find immediately makes me choose that), and thick skin.

She is ok.  While strength is a attractive stat when attempting to kill Jason, her bad luck is a concern.   Vanessa is the better choice and has enough strength and luck to demask if you know what you're doing and keep the blade.  Hell, I've demasked Jason plenty of time even with Jenny :P.   For Fox, my build is the typical "Meta", Medic, NoS, Swift Attacker.

Fox is an excellent end game sweater girl for killing Jason. If everybody dies or escape and Jason is rarely hit, she and Tommy can turn the tables around and kill him very fast. Strength will matter at this point for demasking and she can do both.

Fox is my go to character for surviving a night at camp by any means necessary. 

She's good at repairs, so escaping is always a possibility. Her stamina and speed aren't too bad, so if you need to you can evade the pissed off goalie for awhile. Plus with the right build she can demask even the best Jason's without even breaking a sweat. 

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

She is ok.  While strength is a attractive stat when attempting to kill Jason, her bad luck is a concern.   Vanessa is the better choice and has enough strength and luck to demask if you know what you're doing and keep the blade.  Hell, I've demasked Jason plenty of time even with Jenny :P.   For Fox, my build is the typical "Meta", Medic, NoS, Swift Attacker.

Not really...Fox can EASILY demask Jason with 2 to 3 shots from a machete. It takes Vanessa a few more whacks with a machete. Not to mention the machete is very durable. Despite her low luck, she’ll have enough swings with it to demask Jason easy. I’ve unmasked Jason with every counselor, it’s just easiest with Fox on the female side...much easier than Vanessa.

I wish they would've added her tail as seen it was obviously meant to be there, but I guess its whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not really...Fox can EASILY demask Jason with 2 to 3 shots from a machete. It takes Vanessa a few more whacks with a machete. Not to mention the machete is very durable. Despite her low luck, she’ll have enough swings with it to demask Jason easy. I’ve unmasked Jason with every counselor, it’s just easiest with Fox on the female side...much easier than Vanessa.

Well, seeing how Fox get only 4 swings out of the machete, there is a good chance she'll lose it if one of the hits stuns.  My Opinion is based on my experience.  I've already mentioned that Vanessa needs more swings (1 of 2 more), but my point is if the player is good, her speed makes it easier to land hits.  Jenny/Victoria is a good choice if you are relaying on Tommy do to the damage, as she unlikely to break the valuable weapon backing up Tommy, keeping it when he needs to confirm the kill.  Ideally, if you wanna use Fox for Jason-Hunting, it would be best to demask before grabing the sweater.  I prefer to wait of Tommy and demask Jason together when we grab the sweater.  Usually I can catch a Jason trying to escape after Tommy gets the mask off.  If you demask Jason earlier and he knows someone has the sweater and Tommy is in the game, many will turn Yellow and hide in the lake. 

Thick Skinned Runner Fox, Marathon, Restful and Thick Skinned.

12 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, seeing how Fox get only 4 swings out of the machete, there is a good chance she'll lose it if one of the hits stuns.  My Opinion is based on my experience.  I've already mentioned that Vanessa needs more swings (1 of 2 more), but my point is if the player is good, her speed makes it easier to land hits.  Jenny/Victoria is a good choice if you are relaying on Tommy do to the damage, as she unlikely to break the valuable weapon backing up Tommy, keeping it when he needs to confirm the kill.  Ideally, if you wanna use Fox for Jason-Hunting, it would be best to demask before grabing the sweater.  I prefer to wait of Tommy and demask Jason together when we grab the sweater.  Usually I can catch a Jason trying to escape after Tommy gets the mask off.  If you demask Jason earlier and he knows someone has the sweater and Tommy is in the game, many will turn Yellow and hide in the lake. 

A machete has a 1 stun, unlikely it’ll stun Jason...although I’ve done it many of times. Which is why for ANY counselor a machete is a better demasking weapon than an axe. There is no point in needing the machete if you are going to the shack anyways. There is an axe in the shack and Fox will demask Jason easy with a machete. Even if it breaks then oh well...an axe is in the shack for Tommy. No need for the machete, especially since Tommy has to do the stun now unless you have a third person. All counselors swing and evade at the same speed unless you have perks to speed it up. Vanessa’s speed has no bearing on how fast she swings a weapon, only her jogging and top speed. Her speed makes her have distance from Jason which you don’t really want. I normally just go in for the hits because most Jason players will begin to swing on you instead of grabbing (worst thing you can do). Jenny and Victoria are not good choices for demasking. It’s possible of course but it’s the same thing you explained with Fox, their weapon will probably break before demasking. They are weak and it’ll take a good 5-7 shots before the mask is off. They are lucky characters so you’ll have more shots but you will also have to take more shots to unmask. It balances out. Again...a machete doesn’t really matter if you break it or not if you are on the way to the shack. If people have already been beating on Jason then you may even knock it off in less hits. There have been times I’ve knocked it off first try with Tiffany because Jason has already been hit multiple times that round. Any counselor can be valuable in demasking, just that Fox is the quickest and the machete is not as valuable as an axe so it doesn’t matter as much if it breaks.

I specifically have a "Kill Jason" build with her, since as you mentioned she can demask and wear the sweater. I rounded her out with the Start with Bat perk (which I try to drop off at his shack ASAP for a future counselor), Potent Ranger so I come back as Tommy with a good bit of strength boost, and Speed Attacker in order to get those hits in faster. It's been successful a number of times, so I stick with it.

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

A machete has a 1 stun, unlikely it’ll stun Jason...although I’ve done it many of times. Which is why for ANY counselor a machete is a better demasking weapon than an axe. There is no point in needing the machete if you are going to the shack anyways. There is an axe in the shack and Fox will demask Jason easy with a machete. Even if it breaks then oh well...an axe is in the shack for Tommy. No need for the machete, especially since Tommy has to do the stun now unless you have a third person. All counselors swing and evade at the same speed unless you have perks to speed it up. Vanessa’s speed has no bearing on how fast she swings a weapon, only her jogging and top speed. Her speed makes her have distance from Jason which you don’t really want. I normally just go in for the hits because most Jason players will begin to swing on you instead of grabbing (worst thing you can do). Jenny and Victoria are not good choices for demasking. It’s possible of course but it’s the same thing you explained with Fox, their weapon will probably break before demasking. They are weak and it’ll take a good 5-7 shots before the mask is off. They are lucky characters so you’ll have more shots but you will also have to take more shots to unmask. It balances out. Again...a machete doesn’t really matter if you break it or not if you are on the way to the shack. If people have already been beating on Jason then you may even knock it off in less hits. There have been times I’ve knocked it off first try with Tiffany because Jason has already been hit multiple times that round. Any counselor can be valuable in demasking, just that Fox is the quickest and the machete is not as valuable as an axe so it doesn’t matter as much if it breaks.

Lol, you didn't need to spell out all that info, you should know by now I have a solid grasp on pretty much all the mechanics of this game.  You may not believe this but I've had games with Fox where the Machete broke in her hand and the Axe broke because every hit stunned.  It may not be likely, but its a concern.  Personally I just don't value strength all that much, as any counselor can easily demask (even 1 strength takes 5 light swings at most) as long adequate backup is provided and a knowing when you can plant those heavy swing on Jason.  Yes Fox is a better option if strictly aiming for demasking than say Jenny, but I've also never broken a machete with her in my demask attempt.  Vanessa is the best sweater girl period, since she can grab it anytime she wants, and still effectively demask.

I guess it depend on you're playstyle.  If you don't want to relay on a random Tommy, to demask then you're better off with Fox.  But I'd rather just back up Tommy, especially effective if we have a extra machete with us.  And in cases where the Jason kill failed, I'd much rather be Jenny or Vanessa, since they won't go though weapons like tissue-paper like Fox :P