AeronSky

Make being able to play as the campers for offline mode

It's fun and all being able to play as Jason and go around murdering the campers but for single player that got old really fast. It’s great you updated the camper AI but it would be more interesting if we could play as the campers instead of just being Jason for single player. The game would actually be worth playing more if this idea happens because there are many gamers who don't have a subscription to xbox live or the playstation network and instead they play games for their single player content. My thoughts on the game after I bought and played it was that I should return it and get my money back. Hopefully you guys (the team that handles the game) read this and make this idea happen.

• Like 1

It's been covered many times. They can't make a realistic Jason A.I. Barring a miracle they're will never be a offline counselor mode.

Also next time please use the search function before starting a new thread. 

Don't forget to drop a hello thread.

Can't wait for seeing Jason random porting around and take knifes and put them back in a loop ?

I'm.sorry

If that's the case then the game shouldn't have made in the first place or a more competent developer should've handled the game cause judging from the gameplay and the concept of the game is just TOO AMBITIOUS of the game's developer. As is the game should only be sold around ten dollars and only be sold as a digital only game.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-not-just-zombies-?/

On 6/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, AeronSky said:

It's fun and all being able to play as Jason and go around murdering the campers but for single player that got old really fast. It’s great you updated the camper AI but it would be more interesting if we could play as the campers instead of just being Jason for single player. The game would actually be worth playing more if this idea happens because there are many gamers who don't have a subscription to xbox live or the playstation network and instead they play games for their single player content. My thoughts on the game after I bought and played it was that I should return it and get my money back. Hopefully you guys (the team that handles the game) read this and make this idea happen.

I've had some ideas about this there's a link at the top.

18 hours ago, AeronSky said:

If that's the case then the game shouldn't have made in the first place or a more competent developer should've handled the game cause judging from the gameplay and the concept of the game is just TOO AMBITIOUS of the game's developer. As is the game should only be sold around ten dollars and only be sold as a digital only game.

You can't play as a counselor offline, so the game should never have been made?

tenor.gif?itemid=4826167

• Haha 3

On 6/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, AeronSky said:

This topic has been covered before but yes it would be nice to play as counselors in offline mode. I think its unlucky to happen though. I honestly think it would be too difficult for them to develop a quality AI Jason. He would probably get stuck on rocks all the time and spend the whole match collecting knifes while the 4 seater drives off. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AeronSky said:

Damn noobs I swear.

• Like 2

We Just need good modders to keep things interesting for challenge mode.

Skins

Free cam

Create your own challenges

Etc

I'm sorry but isn't enemy AI like game development 101?  If collecting knives is too complicated for an AI then don't let him.  Obviously it would be difficult to create a Jason bot, but you don't get into game developing because it's easy do you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KilledByKangaroo said:

I'm sorry but isn't enemy AI like game development 101?  If collecting knives is too complicated for an AI then don't let him.  Obviously it would be difficult to create a Jason bot, but you don't get into game developing because it's easy do you?

It's not as simple when you only have one enemy, it has to work flawlessly.

My previous post has a link that leads to different way to make this happen, zombies on the first page are an easy way to make disposable fodder, but the second page has a bunch of different ways it could be done, mixed with some other ideas. Sorry it's quite the read.

Tbh the excuses are tired. As a backer, I say get to work by fixing the glitches and build some content for this game. In a year, we still only have one game mode, two new maps, a few new counselors (that nobody uses), a handful of new Jasons, the same weapons, and a dozen game-breaking glitches. Honestly, WTF. This is the problem when you don’t define clear goals with dates and deadlines; “soon” becomes more than a year later. Eh whatever. 

I'd love to be able to play as a counselor in offline bots mode, yes.

Many others share your sentiments. I'm not sure what constitutes a 'realistic Jason AI'. Game developers have, for years, been able to code antagonists who pursue the player(s) based on certain algorithms.

19 hours ago, Alkavian said:

You can't play as a counselor offline, so the game should never have been made?

This response to the other person's statement... combined with you avatar animation... best laugh I got this week.

I would love to see counselor play offline... but we may never get it... or we may have a VERY long wait... but that does not mean I would not like to see it. So many bugs to fix before giving this another thought. It sucks for people with no internet connection… but it is what it is.

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This response to the other person's statement... combined with you avatar animation... best laugh I got this week.

I would love to see counselor play offline... but we may never get it... or we may have a VERY long wait... but that does not mean I would not like to see it. So many bugs to fix before giving this another thought. It sucks for people with no internet connection… but it is what it is.

Glad you got a laugh.

For the record, I'd love to see offline counselor play with Jason AI to rival that of the Alien in Isolation. Not gonna happen, but one can dream.

• Thanks 1

It would be cool if counselors participated in games like archery, canoe races, skeet shooting etc to determine who is jason.

It would be nice to see an offline mode for counselors. Although it's been said it's not likely to happen, things could change. Let's keep hope alive.