NoOneK9503

Which Jason ability is better for chases?

Which ability is better?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice:

• +Can Run
    • +Shift

Another useless topic of mine ?

But I really wish to know: Which ability do you think it's better for chases?

+Can Run or +Shift?

Edit: Oh! And don't forget to put the reason(s) of your vote in the comments!

A mixture of both, a running Jason is good at dodging attacks during a chase, compared to a walking Jason. But overall a +Shift, is much better for everything, shift grabbing, pressure, stoping the car etc.

I went with plus run. I think it helps alot in the early game. Late game it's less useful but still good for keeping the pressure on and running counselors out of stamina. If you're dealing with a bunch of Vanessa's I think plus shift would be more beneficial. Especially for those long distance stalk + shift grabs. Ultimately of course it comes down to play style. 

20 minutes ago, DAWWWWWSON said:

Precisely. Strong morph makes up for shift and run/walk in chases. 

I always let out a little giggle when I land a morph grab. 

5 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

A mixture of both, a running Jason is good at dodging attacks during a chase, compared to a walking Jason. But overall a +Shift, is much better for everything, shift grabbing, pressure, stoping the car etc.

I absolutely agree with you. Both is important but I could never play with a Jason that can't run.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ninjafan said:

I absolutely agree with you. Both is important but I could never play with a Jason that can't run.

Same me too, the only walking Jason that I use is Savini Jason. 

3 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

I always let out a little giggle when I land a morph grab. 

I usually get over eager and mess up the grab haha.

This one is tough...

Running Jasons are good against low-stamina counselors, especially Part 4 with his destruction, but even then, I’ve frustratingly been run around by an AJ as Part 3. Unless they’re just terrible at managing their stamina, you’re never gonna catch a Vanessa or Tiffany without shift. 

In my opinion, Shift is one of the best strengths in the game. Running or walking is generally irrelevant to me. Shift allows you to heavily pressure counselors and force them to burn stamina quickly in order to get away from you. Eventually you will catch them.

Does anyone think it’s possible that we could get a +Can Run, and +Shift Jason, in the future? Or would it be too “OP”?

Like what @Dead Meme said:

Running is for catching out of stanima/injured counsellors...

And Shift is used for catching counsellors in general. Eg: Shift grabbing,stopping the car, shift slashing, [under] pressuring... ;)

So yes! A mixture of both, but. shift is better...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well , if you want to burn their Stamina , just stay in shift and they will run that whole time if you can´t shift-grab them.

You can also Play more mind games with shift.

16 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Does anyone think it’s possible that we could get a +Can Run, and +Shift Jason, in the future? Or would it be too “OP”?

Maybe? I don´t think it would be ,,OP´´. Who knows , maybe Retro-Jason will get that? Well , I think only +Morph and +Shift could be ,,OP´´.