Jump to content

Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?  

142 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?

    • Yes , it should be removed!
      40
    • No , it should stay in the game!
      103
  2. 2. If it should stay in the game ,.......

    • It should be nerfed!
      26
    • It should be in it´s current state!
      40


Recommended Posts

This whole conversation just highlights that there is room to improve upon the game. I don't think medic breaks any promises, if anything it acts as a reason to expand on Jason. The game won't get better by shrinking, it will only get better by growing more in depth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

It's not about if ONE PLAYER surviving is a big deal. It's the fact that one player can tank Jason's traps with mostlt no consequence.

I do run medic and hypochondriac with Vanessa and eating traps is too easy. The earlier traps are tanked the more difficult it is for Jason to control objectives.

If you think that medic is not OP that's your belief. But telling a player to get good is kind of a reach. Lets say she had no knives. She tanked two traps and got nabbed a minute later. She still tanked two traps and had a chance to get away. Or lets say it's not a Vanessa, but its Deb. She can tank and repair an item before she dies. 

They could just make eating a Jason trap reduce your speed and stamina permanently by 1 for each trap for the rest of the round.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

They could just make eating a Jason trap reduce your speed and stamina permanently by 1 for each trap for the rest of the round.  

Agreed. I've suggested that before as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, malloymk said:

But telling a player to get good is kind of a reach.

You saying that this is what I said IS reaching. I offered up advice. I never said get good. So what if his traps are tanked by one person? Would you care if it was 2 people that had their own med sprays? I can also waste his traps using knives, should we remove those too?

And like I said before, he could've just put down ONE trap in that spot. He would hear it go off and morph there. He can then place the second trap and chase that Vanessa down. It's all about the strategy each player chooses. He chose the wrong one there and decided to blame the perk for his shortcomings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truth said:

You saying that this is what I said IS reaching. I offered up advice. I never said get good. So what if his traps are tanked by one person? Would you care if it was 2 people that had their own med sprays? I can also waste his traps using knives, should we remove those too?

And like I said before, he could've just put down ONE trap in that spot. He would hear it go off and morph there. He can then place the second trap and chase that Vanessa down. It's all about the strategy each player chooses. He chose the wrong one there and decided to blame the perk for his shortcomings.

Lol. Ok to the lay one trap. Ok and if they use their knife and fix it. Then did he use the right strategy?

We can go on and on about hypothetical scenarios, but medic definitely makes tanking traps much easier for counselors which makes objective control much more difficult for Jason. 

I know this because I run it. If medic was eliminated, I'd tank less traps because I wouldn't be able to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Truth said:

Maybe he should only place 1 down at a time instead of 2 at the same spot. He could've just come back and placed another and they wouldn't have been wasted.

Either way, she was then out of options and totally vulnerable.

Also, If she had 2 knives, then she only had 2 sprays. Could've just kept slashing her and those 2 knives would've been useless. 

I placed a trap down at the phone. it goes off early match before I have shift and discover a vanessa running full speed away. This indicates she either had a super high end thick skin or used a spray. I don't bother following and re-trap the phone. Not two minutes later, she tanks it again. I go there and as soon as I do, the cops are called, meaning someone else fixed the phone, and oh look, it's Tommy while a chad inside made the call. Must have also had "my dad is a cop" because they showed up pretty damn fast. I managed to get two kills (one earlier the match ,hence the tommy) and now had to do the usual follow-everyone-to-the-cops- bit. I wasn't shy about using shift and stalk or slashing, but at this point, I'm being abused because there are 3 people at the exit. I slash, I knife, I slash, and I grab. The vanessa heals herself no less than three times and stabs me with two knives the times I CAN grab her. on top of that, I know I can't grab the tommy because of knife, but he keeps healing as well from my slashes. Then, the best part, is that my mask came off from their stun parties and they made a move for my cabin, but thanks to the FUCKED melee combat on Jason's side, I can slash at them and not hit them, but they can swing a wrench and score a knockdown.

Before I know it, they are in my cabin, have the sweater, and because I can't do jack against a vanessa and tommy because they just heal and knife and stun non stop without my ability to do anything in return, I get killed.

Until you are pressured to the limits of your sanity by this shit, you don't know what you're talking about. Jason was feared and you needed no less than 4 people to kill him. Now? Any vanessa and tommy can take out any Jason because of the medic and thick skin perks, Jasons' fucked melee, the fact that chain stunning Jason is even a thing, and the list fucking goes on and on.

I'm done apologizing for someone else's fuckup, and as it stands, there are 80+ people on this forum I'd likely punch for thinking medic in the game as it is now should stay.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I placed a trap down at the phone. it goes off early match before I have shift and discover a vanessa running full speed away. This indicates she either had a super high end thick skin or used a spray. I don't bother following and re-trap the phone. Not two minutes later, she tanks it again. I go there and as soon as I do, the cops are called, meaning someone else fixed the phone, and oh look, it's Tommy while a chad inside made the call. Must have also had "my dad is a cop" because they showed up pretty damn fast. I managed to get two kills (one earlier the match ,hence the tommy) and now had to do the usual follow-everyone-to-the-cops- bit. I wasn't shy about using shift and stalk or slashing, but at this point, I'm being abused because there are 3 people at the exit. I slash, I knife, I slash, and I grab. The vanessa heals herself no less than three times and stabs me with two knives the times I CAN grab her. on top of that, I know I can't grab the tommy because of knife, but he keeps healing as well from my slashes. Then, the best part, is that my mask came off from their stun parties and they made a move for my cabin, but thanks to the FUCKED melee combat on Jason's side, I can slash at them and not hit them, but they can swing a wrench and score a knockdown.

Before I know it, they are in my cabin, have the sweater, and because I can't do jack against a vanessa and tommy because they just heal and knife and stun non stop without my ability to do anything in return, I get killed.

Until you are pressured to the limits of your sanity by this shit, you don't know what you're talking about. Jason was feared and you needed no less than 4 people to kill him. Now? Any vanessa and tommy can take out any Jason because of the medic and thick skin perks, Jasons' fucked melee, the fact that chain stunning Jason is even a thing, and the list fucking goes on and on.

I'm done apologizing for someone else's fuckup, and as it stands, there are 80+ people on this forum I'd likely punch for thinking medic in the game as it is now should stay.

Exactly. "But you should have grabbed her!"

If I spawn at the phone house I tank traps while Jason is still there and only occasionally pay for it. 

No shift yet? Good luck, Pal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daneasaur the explanation really help paint the picture. But it doesn't sound like the problem was her tanking traps. It sounds like you got stuck with a bunch of asshats. 

Actually, it sounds like she tanked one trap and Tommy tanked the second.

That, and according to your explanation she had 2 sprays (4 uses) and 2 knives at the exit. Unless she picked one up.

Regardless, this example is a problem with shitty people, not the perk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Exactly. "But you should have grabbed her!"

If I spawn at the phone house I tank traps while Jason is still there and only occasionally pay for it. 

No shift yet? Good luck, Pal.

Yup, that's the telling. 

I'm plotting some other way to try and play the game, but the fact is, the game is stacked AGAINST Jason at this point. If Jason and a counselor are experienced players, the COUNSELOR will win.

That is just obscene.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

I placed a trap down at the phone. it goes off early match before I have shift and discover a vanessa running full speed away. This indicates she either had a super high end thick skin or used a spray. I don't bother following and re-trap the phone. Not two minutes later, she tanks it again. I go there and as soon as I do, the cops are called, meaning someone else fixed the phone, and oh look, it's Tommy while a chad inside made the call. Must have also had "my dad is a cop" because they showed up pretty damn fast. I managed to get two kills (one earlier the match ,hence the tommy) and now had to do the usual follow-everyone-to-the-cops- bit. I wasn't shy about using shift and stalk or slashing, but at this point, I'm being abused because there are 3 people at the exit. I slash, I knife, I slash, and I grab. The vanessa heals herself no less than three times and stabs me with two knives the times I CAN grab her. on top of that, I know I can't grab the tommy because of knife, but he keeps healing as well from my slashes. Then, the best part, is that my mask came off from their stun parties and they made a move for my cabin, but thanks to the FUCKED melee combat on Jason's side, I can slash at them and not hit them, but they can swing a wrench and score a knockdown.

Before I know it, they are in my cabin, have the sweater, and because I can't do jack against a vanessa and tommy because they just heal and knife and stun non stop without my ability to do anything in return, I get killed.

Until you are pressured to the limits of your sanity by this shit, you don't know what you're talking about. Jason was feared and you needed no less than 4 people to kill him. Now? Any vanessa and tommy can take out any Jason because of the medic and thick skin perks, Jasons' fucked melee, the fact that chain stunning Jason is even a thing, and the list fucking goes on and on.

I'm done apologizing for someone else's fuckup, and as it stands, there are 80+ people on this forum I'd likely punch for thinking medic in the game as it is now should stay.

Honestly the game becomes unbalanced once the entire lobby is very experienced and you have 7 expert counselors.  It's a nightmare to play Jason against a team of coordinated level 150s.  They can step on all your traps and get the sweater / objectives very quickly just be them being a good team in the game even if they all had no perks equipped.

This is not a typical QP experience at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Honestly the game becomes unbalanced once the entire lobby is very experienced and you have 7 expert counselors.  It's a nightmare to play Jason against a team of coordinated level 150s.  They can step on all your traps and get the sweater / objectives very quickly just be them being a good team in the game even if they all had no perks equipped.

This is not a typical QP experience at all.

The opposite is true when you have all unexperienced counselors and a half competent Jason, the counselors will be floored.  The causal apporch towards balancing is one of the dilemmas of this game.  If it was truly balanced, design in mind for high-level-play counselor against a high-level-play Jason, beginner and average players would almost never survive and be turned off.  This already happened with the January Roy patch, with the reduction of pocket knives being the most complained.   I ultimately agreed this was for the better on both ends, but many of the streamer I used to watch shelved the game, unable to find enjoyment from dying too much.  Even though the game at the time was still in favour towards counselors at high-level-play, the average player could not deal with both Jason's speed boost and the reduction of PKs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

The opposite is true when you have all unexperienced counselors and a half competent Jason, the counselors will be floored.  The causal apporch towards balancing is one of the dilemmas of this game.  If it was truly balanced, design in mind for high-level-play counselor against a high-level-play Jason, beginner and average players would almost never survive and be turned off.  This already happened with the January Roy patch, with the reduction of pocket knives being the most complained.   I ultimately agreed this was for the better on both ends, but many of the streamer I used to watch shelved the game, unable to find enjoyment from dying too much.  Even though the game at the time was still in favour towards counselors at high-level-play, the average player could not deal with both Jason's speed boost and the reduction of PKs.

I agree.  In QP where I enjoy playing, it's usually an 8/8 sweep as Jason.  Sometimes 7/8 if there are a couple other 150s hanging around that actually do objectives or group.  

I just don't see Medic as a problem at all.  I avoid private matches as at this point it's just 8 level 150s playing and you end up seeing 0/8 or 1-2/8 kills every game regardless of what perks are being run.  In QP Jason is still pretty powerful with Medic existing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I agree.  In QP where I enjoy playing, it's usually an 8/8 sweep as Jason.  Sometimes 7/8 if there are a couple other 150s hanging around that actually do objectives or group.  

I just don't see Medic as a problem at all.  I avoid private matches as at this point it's just 8 level 150s playing and you end up seeing 0/8 or 1-2/8 kills every game regardless of what perks are being run.  In QP Jason is still pretty powerful with Medic existing.

Yes, medic is not the problem.  It really only impact double trapping, but the biggest problem Jason has against High-end players is being overwhelmed.  Fundamental weakness with Jason is he can't be in more places than one.  There is just too much that can go on at once, is there any wonder way small maps are the worst for Jason?  Less distance to traverse, finding key items, group together, and guaranteed 2 cars.  Small maps should be reworked to always include a boat, never have 2 cars, and 4 seater is not guaranteed.  Also, all Jason should gain at least 1 more trap to trap his shack.  Of course if this was to happen, players that are still having trouble surviving constantly will complain, so at this end, no one is happy lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Honestly the game becomes unbalanced once the entire lobby is very experienced and you have 7 expert counselors.  It's a nightmare to play Jason against a team of coordinated level 150s.  They can step on all your traps and get the sweater / objectives very quickly just be them being a good team in the game even if they all had no perks equipped.

This is not a typical QP experience at all.

Here is  the problem: I lost to TWO counselors. The rest of them were not with the group. Just two of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Here is  the problem: I lost to TWO counselors. The rest of them were not with the group. Just two of them.

In your story their not having Medic wouldn't have made a difference.  They were grouped at the cops and would have just escaped.

You' didn't chase after the sweater gatherer when you heard the alarm; also you allowed a Chad or Vanessa to repair the phone and didn't just hit it when you had the chance to stop the call. 

You then suffered from a stun party and witnessed 3 pocket knives.

This doesn't seem to be a perk issue to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

In your story their not having Medic wouldn't have made a difference.  They were grouped at the cops and would have just escaped.

I chased them TO the cops and was hitting them all the while. All they had to do was turn and smack me once and then they would patch up. I was out of knives (I had five) and was Using Savini with the pig splitter. I was doing tons of damage any time I hit, but one boop to my noggin and tommy and vanessa were spraying on up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I chased them TO the cops and was hitting them all the while. All they had to do was turn and smack me once and then they would patch up. I was out of knives (I had five) and was Using Savini with the pig splitter. I was doing tons of damage any time I hit, but one boop to my noggin and tommy and vanessa were spraying on up.

If you were hitting a Tommy or Vanessa they were stopping to fight you and stun you for fun.  They both have the speed and stamina to just run to the cops regardless of how many med sprays they had.  They just were being sloppier because they could.

Jason's real weakness is a coordinated team of counselors working together, which they were doing.  In your story, there were at least 3 counselors working together - Vanessa, Chad and Tommy.  It sounds like the other two distracted you from their finishing the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys spend the day trying to make the game easy for Jason and terrible for counselors. THANK GOD the Devs won't listen :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

If you were hitting a Tommy or Vanessa they were stopping to fight you and stun you for fun.  They both have the speed and stamina to just run to the cops regardless of how many med sprays they had.  They just were being sloppier because they could.

Jason's real weakness is a coordinated team of counselors working together, which they were doing.

And I also mentioned I had no qualms using stalk and shift to dash in and strike them. I had vanessa limping several times and tommy at least once but then *BOOP* and Jason is down for a freaking week while they med on up over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kitcat said:

You guys spend the day trying to make the game easy for Jason and terrible for counselors. THANK GOD the Devs won't listen :D 

Uh yeah, that's the point? It's meant to be a power trip for the Jason player and a struggle to survive for Counselors. Escaping is the exception, not the norm, and being killed is to be expected, or did you not look at how EXP and progression works in this game?

Death does nothing to you, you get 500 XP and XP for whatever you did.

This isn't dead by dawn. This is Friday the 13th. Escape is supposed to be somewhat rare while Killing jason is virtually impossible.

No, instead, killing Jason is the norm, full team escapes are common, and Jason getting more than 3 kills is rare.

I've never seen a F13 movie like that and I hope I never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Uh yeah, that's the point? It's meant to be a power trip for the Jason player and a struggle to survive for Counselors. Escaping is the exception, not the norm, and being killed is to be expected, or did you not look at how EXP and progression works in this game?

This is probably your problem - expecting 7 people chosen as counselors to be your useless playthings as Jason. Sorry that's not the game, and sorry you got outplayed by what appeared to be a strong group of counselors.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blah blah blah. The same old arguments all over again. The point is: no one wants to play a impossible game with a 100% OP killer. The game isn't the damn movie. There's something called balance in video games and if you can't deal with teams/good players as Jason you should play bots instead of demanding the game to favor only your side. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Uh yeah, that's the point? It's meant to be a power trip for the Jason player and a struggle to survive for Counselors.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps you've got....gasp... outplayed by better players?  Being Jason shouldn't be a free cakewalk ether.  Instead of complaining, why not reflect on what happened, and how you could better deal with it next time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...