Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?

• Yes , it should be removed!
    • No , it should stay in the game!
  2. 2. If it should stay in the game ,.......

• It should be nerfed!
    • It should be in it´s current state!

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

People need to be more creative and start thinking outside the box. Vanessa is the counselor I think about the least. You always no where she is on the map, and she can't out run morph. 

Admiral you can say things like that all you want. But I’m telling you right now, if you are a walking Jason, and there are 8 minutes left in the match, and i’m the last counselor left alive, and I’m a Vanessa running medic, with 2 med sprays and a pocket knife in my inventory. I’m running the timer out and surviving a lot more often than you are killing me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , the chase is on and she knows what you´re planning. And you´re not going to get a shift-grab while she is sitting in that cabin waiting for you. Stalking outside and waiting for her won´t help either since she is not going to come out.

We can also spice it up with 2 Pocket knives and 2 med sprays..

And Tiffanycakes , just relax , okay? You´re becoming creepy , man.

Lol my last two messages had two words. Why should I relax?

3 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Admiral you can say things like that all you want. But I’m telling you right now, if you are a walking Jason, and there are 8 minutes left in the match, and i’m the last counselor left alive, and I’m a Vanessa running medic, with 2 med sprays and a pocket knife in my inventory. I’m running the timer out and surviving a lot more often than you are killing me.

In 600 hours of play I have had maybe 4 vanessas run the clock on me. I honestly can't remember the last time a Vanessa was the last one alive.

Just now, Treymaker said:

You must be playing against some shitty Vanessa players then.

I play in the same lobbies you do, and I have seen you in them.

If a 150 skilled Vanessa survive the clock is because that 150 Vanessa is good at this game. Deal with it.

Stop trying to limit people good at this game because you don't have the will to improve your game.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I play in the same lobbies you do, and I have seen you in them.

Let me clarify what I’m trying to say here. I’m not saying the average player using Vanessa is going to embarrass a good Jason player. Here is what I’m saying:

You take a really really good, level 150 Jason player, using a walking Jason, match them up against a level 150 really really good Vanessa player, running the medic, restful, and thick skinned perks, with 2 health sprays and a pocket knife. Make her the last counselor left alive with 7-8 minutes left on the timer. If these 2 players play out this scenario 100 times, I would bet the Vanessa player will be able to successfully run out the timer at least 70 of the 100 times. 

I think without the medic perk (because a lot the survivability comes from being able to climb through broken windows over and over and over with no fear of limping), I say that number goes down to 50 out of 100.

I’m not saying remove medic entirely, but I do like the idea of being able to have only 1 in your inventory at a time, or only getting the double spray once in a round.

7 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

You take a really really good, level 150 Jason player, using a walking Jason, match them up against a level 150 really really good Vanessa player, running medic, with 2 health sprays and a pocket knife. Make her the last counselor left alive with 7-8 minutes left on the timer. If these 2 players play out this scenario 100 times, I would bet the Vanessa player will be able to successfully run out the timer at least 70 of the 100 times. 

Walking or running doesn't matter. You don't catch a speed character by running them down. What you describe might be the case if people are only willing to use the same tired tactics as Jason. I don't care how good you or anyone else thinks they are as Vanessa, when it comes down to it the only thing you can do when your the last one alive is run away. All Jason has to do is pay attention see where she is going before she goes there and catch her. 

To quote Walter Gretzky "don't go where the puck is, go where it's going to be."

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Walking or running doesn't matter. You don't catch a speed character by running them down. What you describe might be the case if people are only willing to use the same tired tactics as Jason. I don't care how good you or anyone else thinks they are as Vanessa, when it comes down to it the only thing you can do when your the last one alive is run away. All Jason has to do is pay attention see where she is going before she goes there and catch her. 

To quote Walter Gretzky "don't go where the puck is, go where it's going to be."

At this point I fear we are going to start arguing in circles, so I will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

It negotiable whether Jason is going to get the kill or the counselor is going to survive the night. You might be a good Jason, I will not deny that but sometimes the counselor will simply be better at surviving then you are at killing. It’s not just Vanessa either. There are three main run the clock counselors I normally see...Vanessa, Tiffany, and Buggzy. Hell I’ve seen AND been Jenny or Chad and ran the clock. Although Vanessa, Tiffany, and Buggzy’s high speed and stamina will allow them to run a while before getting tired. They can run from campground to campground unlike any other counselors. You just have that slippery counselor you can’t kill, I’ve been that slippery counselor and that frustrated Jason. Although that doesn’t call for a perk nerf. Just because the perk works does not mean it is OP, it just works unlike most perks. 

15 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

You just have that slippery counselor you can’t kill

My point is that these are the exception not the rule. 

I don't understand people's thinking that are for removing this perk. If it were removed it wouldn't affect my play style because I don't use it on all counselors, and I rarely carry more than 1 spray anyways. The idea that someone lost because someone had too many heals is lost on me.  There are other ways to kill a counselor and make the medspray irrelevant.

1 hour ago, TiffanyCakes said:

They aren’t changing the perk!!!HAAAAAAAA deal with it . I’m still hitting Jason through doors and winning btw ???. CS that .The devs did the right thing.Get better as Jason 

edit: This dude is so salty “Buh Buh But wut If a Vanessa is lvl 150 and dis and dat and den wut if she haz duh pocket knife” uninstall your game .

This has nothing to do with Jason..   You're just blabbering about nothing.   ..   

Dafuk does getting better with Jason have to do with anything?

This is strictly about a perk that i abuse constantly when i just happen to end up using the counselors that have it.  I play on random counselors..

I wipes a monkeys ass with what BAD or GOOD Jason players think.

PS.  I don't see Jason getting hit through doors anymore.  

48 minutes ago, Hancove said:

If a 150 skilled Vanessa survive the clock is because that 150 Vanessa is good at this game. Deal with it.

Stop trying to limit people good at this game because you don't have the will to improve your game.

theres nothing skilled about fucking up and being poor at stamina management. the only reason vanessas run and win so much is because the game is babysitting them with medsprays. you just fucked up, instead of running tried to hit jason for no reason, he blocks and hits u into near death, then you get grabbed and get out of jasons grip with the pocket knife that you didnt find with skill but with luck, and then get a second chance at life simply because you had a medspray to help you back out. its cool if it happens once or twice (id say twice so everybody can keep their medic perk) but when you can get into near death 6 times in a row and then just keep spraying your left arm and being back to full health, thats shitty game design. nothing skilled about that. this isnt a thing about jason either, a single good player will simply use these perks to tank every single trap a jason places in the first minutes of the game and they have no consequences to their shitty self harm tactic because theres plenty medsprays to heal themselves right back up. you should lose your leg and die if you trip into a second trap. even that would still be forgiving, but atleast not as babysitting as having 6 chances to heal yourself from your own fuck ups and escape your fifth well deserved death simply cause you hoarded medsprays.

the way it should be, people should be forced to either a, use pocket knives on traps to secure them instead of their own muscle tissue and bones or b, work as a team and trip into a single trap per single person and then heal eachother up but suffer the consequences of only having one heal left for the rest of the game.

13 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

The idea that someone lost because someone had too many heals is lost on me.  

Well. theres no such thing as winning or losing. in this game. 

Realistically i look at it like this..   I can get 6 med sprays and jump through broken windows for the entire game.  Which is basically ruining a the point of braking windows.

All the people voting "It should be in the game" are teamers who only play the game to kill Jason and are the same people who argue against using pocket knives on traps.

They don't want to have to face the consequences of their limited health pool or suffer the fact that their strategy hinges on being able to heal themselves 6 times in a row.

Medic should be gone. You only get to heal with what you can find, which is still in surplus with a can in every bathroom.

While you're at it, remove thick skinned. Jason's traps are no longer a penalty, just a slowdown due to these two perks existing.

Everyone forgets that Thick Skinned was to reduce from ALL damage, including friendly fire.

With friendly fire now gone, Thick skinned should go as well.

If the devs aren't gonna buff Jason into being a nightmare again, then the counselors need to be nerfed.

• Thanks 1

The only people against it are either low level whining cause they can't get the kill or high level try hards whining cause they can't get 8/8 every single match. I've killed plenty of Jason's and I've never used a medic perk once...

Edited by Somethin Cool
Typo
  • Like 1

i agree the tactics coming from these perks and the gameplay are cancerous but removing either perk is even worse. i and many others spent thousands of cp to roll a good medic / thick skinned perk and just removing them would surely kill the game even more than its already been. but they need to be nerfed. having 6 full heals is stupid. theres gotta be a limit to the heals you get per life, and to accommodate to the perks it should be 2 heals. then youre out and cant pick any medsprays up. 

I think it’s a good perk because it encourages shift grabbing rather then hacking.  Hacking is kind of lame I think unless your getting ganged.  Shift grabbing is a lot easier with the new grab.  I used to be so so at shift grabbing now it easy if you sneak up on counselors.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

theres nothing skilled about fucking up and being poor at stamina management. the only reason vanessas run and win so much is because the game is babysitting them with medsprays. you just fucked up, instead of running tried to hit jason for no reason, he blocks and hits u into near death, then you get grabbed and get out of jasons grip with the pocket knife that you didnt find with skill but with luck, and then get a second chance at life simply because you had a medspray to help you back out. its cool if it happens once or twice (id say twice so everybody can keep their medic perk) but when you can get into near death 6 times in a row and then just keep spraying your left arm and being back to full health, thats shitty game design. nothing skilled about that. this isnt a thing about jason either, a single good player will simply use these perks to tank every single trap a jason places in the first minutes of the game and they have no consequences to their shitty self harm tactic because theres plenty medsprays to heal themselves right back up. you should lose your leg and die if you trip into a second trap. even that would still be forgiving, but atleast not as babysitting as having 6 chances to heal yourself from your own fuck ups and escape your fifth well deserved death simply cause you hoarded medsprays.

the way it should be, people should be forced to either a, use pocket knives on traps to secure them instead of their own muscle tissue and bones or b, work as a team and trip into a single trap per single person and then heal eachother up but suffer the consequences of only having one heal left for the rest of the game.

There are from 3 to 5 pocket knives in each game so it's not true that Vanessas have always pocket knives.
Also consider that they're more difficult to catch but more easy to detect.

Again, I've seen a lot of skilled Vanessas survive and lot of skilled Jason killing Vanessas it's not that Vanessa + medic is 100% surviving. 

You guys that don't want this perk because you are not able to improve, are you considering that there are other counselors in the game? As Lachappa or Deborah or AJ, medic is a valid perk, sometime is vital, and we all need a smart character alive in the map if we want to repair parts.... But we have to RUIN all our game experience and strategies because you struggle a little bit to clean the map if there is someone able to survive? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Its comments like this that make want to head butt a wall^

You do know that we all play as counselors right?   We can all see the way having 6 med sprays can make certain aspects of this game a total joke.

Its got nothing to do with adapting, whos smarter or being in Jasons favor. 

Do it :)

Grabbing is a thing. So is stalk and shift.

But it is, if you invested time chasing a Vanessa and objectives get completed they did their job, you didn’t. 

39 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Do it :)

Grabbing is a thing. So is stalk and shift.

But it is, if you invested time chasing a Vanessa and objectives get completed they did their job, you didn’t. 

Im not even talking about playing as Jason..  

Im only speaking from playing as a Counselor.  (Hell, i even made that clear)   So what does stalk and shift have to do with anything?

Way i see it.. Anyone who looks at this from a Jason only perspective has already lost the argument.

46 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im not even talking about playing as Jason..  

Im only speaking from playing as a Counselor.  (Hell, i even made that clear)   So what does stalk and shift have to do with anything?

Way i see it.. Anyone who looks at this from a Jason only perspective has already lost the argument.

6 med sprays you’re obviously referring to window hopping, hence the shift/stalk. 

• Like 1

@HuDawg if you're not looking at it from Jasons perspective then who cares if you have 6 med sprays or not. Are you jealous if another counselor lives and you don't? Do you stop them from stepping in a trap and  using one of those 6 med sprays you're  so worried about? You have no argument from a counselor only perspective...

• Thanks 1

The mechanics are the game are extremely delicate. The game is balanced enough as it is now. Medic should say.

More focus should be given to making a new stat.