Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Perk ,,Medic´´ get removed?

• Yes , it should be removed!
    • No , it should stay in the game!
  2. 2. If it should stay in the game ,.......

• It should be nerfed!
    • It should be in it´s current state!

I'm sure it CAN be overpowered, but the vast majority of my kills as Jason are grab-kills and I'm decent at shift-grabs. As a result, counselors having extra healing potential is ever only a mild inconvenience. 

It's a bit irrelevant with this current patch, considering that med sprays take about 3-4 tries to actually work

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Absolutely not. No use for med sprays when you can grab kill someone and make the perk instantaneously useless. 

I think the problem is a lot of people, myself included, use medic as a way to tank Jason’s traps before he even earns his shift ability. And when you combine it with thick skin it’s even more overpowering. 

Im all for keeping medic in the game, but maybe a two time use only on your first medspay. That would be a fair nerf, without destroying the perk.

Another way would be to give Jason more traps, and leave the perk the way it is. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I think the problem is a lot of people, myself included, use medic as a way to tank Jason’s traps before he even earns his shift ability. And when you combine it with thick skin it’s even more overpowering. 

Im all for keeping medic in the game, but maybe a two time use only on your first medspay. That would be a fair nerf, without destroying the perk.

Another way would be to give Jason more traps, and leave the perk the way it is. 

I wouldn't be opposed to all Jasons getting an extra trap or two.  3 traps is way too low for 3 objectives.

I would be fine with the way it is if they can bring back trap stacking and increase Jason trap count across the board. Then buff the number of throwing knives that can be picked up around the map.

When this game came out Part 2 Jason benefited well with trap stacking to deter thick skin + medic + hypochondriac. You could drop 5 traps at the phone and chain stun them and have more than enough time to get back there and kill the counselor while they are caught in it each time.

If you want to keep overpowering perks then Jason should get overpowering trap stacking back.

1 hour ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Absolutely not. No use for med sprays when you can grab kill someone and make the perk instantaneously useless. 

No need for traps then either?

Medic is fine. It can be a bit obnoxious at times, but usually only delays the inevitable. 

I use epic thick skin, medic and speed demon with Vanessa.

Speed demon slows down her repair mini game making it easier to repair.

Keep interacting with an objective to reset the mini game until I get 5 repair bars.

Tank traps, jump out second story windows, and climb through broken windows with thick skin.

Combined with Medic and you will keep Jason busy for awhile during a match.

Jason grabs you though and it's game over. No nerf needed.

Most perks are useless and need a buff.

Don't want to see the only decent perks left nerfed.

I think the legendary perks are disappointing.

Takes a huge amount of CP to roll for one only to get 1% or 2% added to a 3rd bonus.

Better if it was 5% to 10% for legendary perks.

i think it does need a nerf it's way to much you find 3 sprays with the perk you get 6 sprays that is a bit ridiculous but of course the counselor mains would be against anything that's going to nerf  them

The problem is that Medic (to a lesser degree) and Thick-Skinned (the major culprit) make Jason's traps trivial.

Think about that. You're essentially negating Jason's only tool to protect objectives when he isn't there. And you're doing it without having to sacrifice a precious pocket knife. Just tank, spray, run, and come back when Jason inevitably has to go somewhere else because another objective is being contested.

Right now as Vanessa with both perks I can tank two traps before I even need to spray. The only Jason that doesn't get just wrecked by that is Part 2. And even then, if you have two Vanessas loaded out like this running around, you can forget it. Your traps are worthless.

If you're not in favor of making any changes to the perks, then some change has to come for the traps. I would suggest thick-skinned having no effect on trap damage as a good place to start. You eat a trap, you're crippled. Period. This alone likely won't fix the problem, but it's a decent place to start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, medic should be removed or at the very least reworked. I do like the idea of only getting a double spray on your first med spray. Even better, make it so that medic ONLY works with the spray received from Hypochondriac. It would mean you'd have to give up TWO perk slots for that one extra heal and that would certainly calm the shit down because is it REALLY worth it to take up 2 perk slots for an extra heal?

Another thing they could do is not have so many sprays on maps. I thought the idea was 'limited' resources? Everyone then should not be able to come across a health spray.

I'm cool with it as is, unless we're removing some traps from the Jason's hoarding them. Looking at you, Baghead. 

7 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I voted “no” but feel it needs a nerf.

The perk is a bit ridiculous when someone can carry three sprays and get six uses. My thought on a nerf would be the player only gets two uses on their first medspray that they pickup, so if they pick up a 2nd spray it will only give you one use, but they would still get the extra healing benefit.

This is the best idea in this thread so far. Its not a total nerf to the perk... but reduces its effectiveness enough to make people think twice about another perk instead.

I have to vote no..... But I propose using the nerf suggested by dandrop1984 and not totally getting rid of the perk. With the number of med sprays in any given match, and the number of players in any given match that tend to use medic... this perk is seriously overpowered.
    As an alternative they could reduce the number of med sprays in a match somewhat, but this would be a nerf to every player that choses not to use medic (there are some of us), and many more people would use it, making the idea of taking away some med sprays redundant.... so I do not think they should reduce the number of sprays.

If medic is not nerfed... there should be more throwing knife spawns on the map for Jason... This is not the buff to Jason many would make it out to be, it takes valuable time to gather throwing knives... time in which good counselors will be dealing with objectives.... it actually gives the counselors more time to work unhindered early on if Jason spends too much time gathering knives... and no matter how good you are with throwing knives, many can still miss... and those that hit are often made redundant by excessive med sprays.

@Trident77 You have many good points... Breaking objects like tables and couches is something of a problem to code into this game for quite a few reasons I have read about in other threads a while back... but it would be nice to have... eventually.
   Your conclusion was well thought out in my opinion. The only part I disagree with is that "medic is too good not to use". I do not use medic on any counselor (its ironic that this is one of the legendary perks I have got so far). I find there is no need for it as I find up to six med sprays in every single match... never less than two anyway.
   As to throwing knives.....
   Getting good with throwing knives is a great strategy that is made redundant by medic. But it has other uses than those you stated. It takes a long time to gather throwing knives, but it is a hobby of mine (along with breaking windows along the way)... But they are not the only solution to the table and car loopers.... there are several workable strategies to deal with them that work well. I could list a few, but this post is getting long already.
  However, they are the solution to swift attacker... once you notice someone is using this perk after their first attack... keep them in the spot on your screen in which the crosshairs pop up. The instant they turn to attack, launch a quick throw... canceling their attack and follow it immediately with a grab that cannot miss as they were walking into it anyway. When you get good with the quick throw when chasing a counselor, use it when you are close behind them and they have no time to use a med spray.

@The Wolf with that Toast You really should have added an option for nerf medic in the poll.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

This is the best idea in this thread so far. Its not a total nerf to the perk... but reduces its effectiveness enough to make people think twice about another perk instead.

I have to vote no..... But I propose using the nerf suggested by dandrop1984 and not totally getting rid of the perk. With the number of med sprays in any given match, and the number of players in any given match that tend to use medic... this perk is seriously overpowered.

I really think this would be a fair nerf. And as someone that always uses Medic as my load out I’d have no problems with this.

You’re right about Not nerfing the amount of medsprays, as that would punish non medic uses. I really think only a  double use on your first medspray is the way to do it. Either that or they gotta give Jason more traps.

This perk needs to be removed. Basically everyone at this point runs this perk because it is so overpowered. Normal jasons spawn in with 5 traps and if you spawn in with a medic spray and the 2x perk and then find another medic spray in a bathroom you now have enough to take out 4 out of 5 traps. That is just ridiculous. Jasons traps at this point are just a joke. People will just tank them right after jason puts them down without any consequence. I really dont understand how you can argue in support of this perk. The people that support this perk would probably support a perk where you spawn in with a pocket knife. The removal of this perk would also help with the current problem in the game of trolling jason because people would not feel an extreme sense of security.

No. Like @NScarlato said, Medic is one of the only good perks, in a sea of shitty perks. Medic can get countered by grab, it’s not hard to do that. Especially since most matches, I can’t even find a damn spray unless there’s a cabin with a bathroom. Jason’s traps aren’t a instant death like some people want, they notify him of counselors trying to fix objectives. 

@Revolt Frenzy not every counselor is OP, because if a Deborah or Eric triggered the trap you easily kill them, if they’re alone. People are defending the perk because it’s one of the 6 perks that are worth getting. Removing the perk won’t fix trolling, you’ll get trolled no matter what. 

• Like 1

@Revolt Frenzy I voted no as you shouldn't get rid of one of the only good perks. I sure as hell wouldn't support a pocket knife perk. That would be an absolute nightmare. 

Perks are not supposed to be something that give you a huge advantage. They are intended to be little things that give you a slight edge. The problem is that we have perks right now that are so strong that nobody picks perks like motorboating. I say nerf the perks that are just no brainer choices. Also every single counselor in the game has the potential to abuse this medic perk. I have done this myself countless times with lachappa. A skilled player can abuse this no matter what counselor you play as because at the end of the day counselors really arent that different from one another. The biggest difference that counselors have from one another is the speed at which they repair and even that isnt that big of a deal. With the game in its current state there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not have medic as one of your 3 perks. When you look at all of your counselors and notice that medic is on every single one of them you start to notice a problem.

I voted no because I don't think that the perk is so much overpowered. I used it myself some time ago but swapped it for better perks. Medic is not useful for the most games when Jason shifts to your position and grabs you. And I noticed that even with this perk I almost never used the spray for a second time. Moreover you can find a new spray at nearly every cabin what makes medic a bit useless in my opinion. Now I'm going with more stealthy perks.