So I’d been casually playing Ft13 and I’m  generally a good player when it comes to being ‘salty’... I never leave games, I never leave as the host, I never leave as Jason. I don’t ever really do anything to tick the game or other players off, other than being kinda nooby at playing Jason, which is why I stick to counsellors. 

Earlier, I’d been playing three games. All three games the host left. I then noticed I couldn’t join any games, I got the “You are put in low priority matchmaking”. I took no interest in this, I didn’t know about the Salt Mirns at that point. 

Skip ahead it started letting me join sessions again, so I play with my boyfriend and after a few games I was in a pissy mood, hosts had still been leaving or we were just never winning. I spawn in the main house, bad connection (glitching everywhere) and the room was dark, run into Jason because I couldn’t see, escape, run down the hall, team mate locks me out of a room and hides (bad team play), Jason comes, grabs me and kills me. Mid kill I leave. 

I stop playing for an hour. Come back and now I’m forever in the Salt Mines it seems, FOR ONLY LEAVING ONCE. (Obviously I’ll get out eventually) 

i completely understand the need for the Salt Mines, after being in games with a host leaving it does get frustrating. But leaving during a Jason kill? Leaving once out of your entire gameplay time? I think punishing someone severely just for doing it once is a bit much.  Yes it puts myself and other people in place, letting us know not to do it again. But it could be done better and less buggy. (Like me getting in the salt mines for the host leaving the first few games)..

Im getting salty now but who couldn’t after only doing something once. I play plenty of other games with penalties like League and they aren’t as severe at punishing people, I’d left plenty of games and never got the penalty. 

Does anyone have any idea how long I’ll be in these salt mines for??

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Sucks if it happens after one time. No surprise that they can´t do it right. (Can´t proove it ofc, but there are people claiming the same where i am sure it was not the first time. Can´t proove that here either)

But be honest: Leaving midkill wasn´t really necessary. Those few seconds just aren´t worth beeing a bad sport. No matter if there are saltmines or not.

• Like 2

I’ll be honest, i dont think they can get this right. It’s a great gesture and idea if implemented correctly. But I’ve read several people that had their connection drop or crash a few times and all of a sudden they are in the salt mines. I was hosting a public lobby. I have great internet speeds. Things going just fine. Suddenly, blue screen on my PS4. Great... game crashed. Ok, get back on. Open up another lobby and am host again. First match starts and suddenly nothing is happening. Moments later, game crashes. I stopped playing. I wanted to get back on. But no way I’m playing again for a little while if crashes count as me “leaving.” I’ve never left a match in my life playing this game, either as host or even not and dying 30 seconds in. I’ll wait out the whole match. But hearing about crashes contributing to salt mines... no thanks. So because the game is sometimes unstable i May get penalized. So the salt mines actually keep me from playing as often as I’d like. Will see in the future if it gets fine tuned somehow, but i doubt it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

But be honest: Leaving midkill wasn´t really necessary.

doesnt jason get the points as soon as the kill starts? if they changed that again thats their problem i guess.

4 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

doesnt jason get the points as soon as the kill starts? if they changed that again thats their problem i guess.

As we can see you should better stay. Also i had it happen that people where denying XP even when it shouldn´t be possible anymore, like you say. Also you fk up the kill animation when leaving midkill. Wich sucks.

11 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

You do, but people complained about the ragdoll when the player leaves mid kill so they decided to give you salt for it. Understandable. You just have to wait a few extra seconds. If they can't then they deserve the salt (because they're clearly salty).

I absolutely hate when people quit as they're being killed, it ruins it for whoever is playing as Jason. Now you're in the salt mines and complaining about it, hilarious. Seems like the system works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

You did it to your self. You knew about the salt mines and yet you still quit because you lost. People like you are the reason the salt mines exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Also you fk up the kill animation when leaving midkill. Wich sucks.

oh yeah i dont like that either, but the devs should just have the animations continue playing, it shouldnt be hard to do i think. same way it makes the death animation play when someone leaves it should just check if the player is in a death animation / getting killed when they leave and then make the animation continue playing.

3 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

it shouldnt be hard to do i think.

Realistically, they could just disable the start menu when in his grasp. Sure, people could just completely exit the game or cut their internet, but I feel like people wouldn't even bother.

I would guess that's the easiest way for them to do it, and probably the easiest thing to code.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Realistically, they could just disable the start menu when in his grasp. Sure, people could just completely exit the game or cut their internet, but I feel like people wouldn't even bother.

I would guess that's the easiest way for them to do it, and probably the easiest thing to code.

yea that would probably work best. i doubt anyone would turn off their system there, most people just leave for the main menu afaik

@JinxxMinx If you find it too dark, you can turn up the gamma in setting... which is the same as brightness setting. It helps.
   Although someone can lock you out of a room... any door without a bar to barricade it can be unlocked from both sides now. It takes just as long to unlock it as it does to lock it.

From what I understand, you do not gain salt when the host quits and leaves a game, only the host does.... but this could be a bug. Perhaps you should report this in the thread for new bugs.... It is in the section entitled suggestions/feedback... "known issues for 5/24 update"... It is pinned to the top of that page. I tried to link the thread... but something went wrong with the link.
   Salt is supposed to disappear by playing games without incurring salt. I think it also disappears over time, but I am not sure... they did not tell us everything about how it works to make it harder for trolls to work around it.

Yesterday I was in a group in which the host left a game after it started and took the entire group with him.... he did not know about the salt mines and was very apologetic when I explained it to him. It is the only game I have left in a long, long time and it was because of the host, and not my choice..... but no member of the group was put in the salt mines over it.... I am on PC, but the salt system should work the same across all platforms.... and yes I understand the difference between a lobby host and the host of a group of friends.
  Staying in the game an extra couple seconds until you are actually dead and have joined the afterlife club is not taking more than a few seconds from your life.... I never understood why people thought it was o.k. to do that.

5 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Clearly you've done it more than once and the game has logged your quitting.

As @Ahab said, it could be a bug that gives salt to all players in the lobby when the host quits. Would anyone really be surprised? That's one of those things that would take special circumstances to figure out.

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Damn!!! Every time I try to link something it screws up.... thanks for dealing with that.

If you're just posting the link and allowing it to embed, then it doesn't work right on the slasher theme. Not sure if that's the problem, just an fyi.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully the game is able to recognize when there is a connection drops or there is a blue-screen.  When hosting, more times than not, I eventually get a blue screen if I'm playing for a while.  It happens so frequently it's not even funny.  Would hate to get salt for something I can't control.

Sorry you are in the salt mines. It is nice to have confirmation that they actually exist. (Some people on a F13 Facebook group were under the impression it was all smoke and mirrors on Gun Media's part.) Also nice to see it gives you notification when it happens.

38 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Hopefully the game is able to recognize when there is a connection drops or there is a blue-screen.  When hosting, more times than not, I eventually get a blue screen if I'm playing for a while.  It happens so frequently it's not even funny.  Would hate to get salt for something I can't control.

No,  the system isn't able to tell the difference between a player quitting,  and a crash/timeout/connection drop.  Salt is calculated by illfonic's account server, not the players client. 

All the server see's is 'Player X was in game,  player X is no longer in game.  No death recorded.  Game still running.  Apply salt based on player X-s role.'

The way the game is coded (and this was an intentional choice made by either illfonic or Gun),  leaving a game by choice,  or leaving a game due to circumstances beyond your control (including bad coding by the developers) both punish the player with salt.

Jesus don't get me started when some of the player are friends. Let say 3 of the were friends, if one of the become Jason they will deliberately spare the other 2 and killing the others. i will put the freaking ass ID here [redacted by moderator] this guy literally killing other counselor with a car, i mean, you cannot do anything for this kind of shenanigan it makes the game become a salty mine.. gezz

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barbossa said:

No,  the system isn't able to tell the difference between a player quitting,  and a crash/timeout/connection drop.  Salt is calculated by illfonic's account server, not the players client. 

All the server see's is 'Player X was in game,  player X is no longer in game.  No death recorded.  Game still running.  Apply salt based on player X-s role.'

The way the game is coded (and this was an intentional choice made by either illfonic or Gun),  leaving a game by choice,  or leaving a game due to circumstances beyond your control (including bad coding by the developers) both punish the player with salt.

Proof?

From where did you got the code @Barbossa?

It can also be coded as: if disconnected due network problems, then no salt; if disconnected due to players leaving before end then salt.

8 hours ago, JinxxMinx said:

So I’d been casually playing Ft13 and I’m  generally a good player when it comes to being ‘salty’... I never leave games, I never leave as the host, I never leave as Jason. I don’t ever really do anything to tick the game or other players off, other than being kinda nooby at playing Jason, which is why I stick to counsellors. 

Earlier, I’d been playing three games. All three games the host left. I then noticed I couldn’t join any games, I got the “You are put in low priority matchmaking”. I took no interest in this, I didn’t know about the Salt Mirns at that point. 

Skip ahead it started letting me join sessions again, so I play with my boyfriend and after a few games I was in a pissy mood, hosts had still been leaving or we were just never winning. I spawn in the main house, bad connection (glitching everywhere) and the room was dark, run into Jason because I couldn’t see, escape, run down the hall, team mate locks me out of a room and hides (bad team play), Jason comes, grabs me and kills me. Mid kill I leave. 

I stop playing for an hour. Come back and now I’m forever in the Salt Mines it seems, FOR ONLY LEAVING ONCE. (Obviously I’ll get out eventually) 

i completely understand the need for the Salt Mines, after being in games with a host leaving it does get frustrating. But leaving during a Jason kill? Leaving once out of your entire gameplay time? I think punishing someone severely just for doing it once is a bit much.  Yes it puts myself and other people in place, letting us know not to do it again. But it could be done better and less buggy. (Like me getting in the salt mines for the host leaving the first few games)..

Im getting salty now but who couldn’t after only doing something once. I play plenty of other games with penalties like League and they aren’t as severe at punishing people, I’d left plenty of games and never got the penalty. 

Does anyone have any idea how long I’ll be in these salt mines for??

You did this to your self. Just don’t rage quit during kills, and you won’t get salt.