F134Ever86

Friday the 13th : the game : Part 2

Should the devs make Freddy vs Jason : The Game next?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Once this game has reached its full potential, the next obvious step is to create a sequel. The evolution of F13 gaming... Of course Im talking about Freddy vs Jason : The Game. The rights holders would have to be very unsophisticated people to pass up this golden opportunity. How would this game work? Ive dedicated this thread to fan ideas and concepts. 

Im thinking it would include the following : A horrifying and memorable single player campaign through the perspective of the victims that can be played online, survivor challenges, Freddy Challenges, Jason challenges and online multiplayer.

How would the story work? They could follow the original script or they could make an original story. Maybe it starts in crystal lake and the final battle happens in springwood? Either way, I think it would be cool if the player can switch between characters similar to how its done in GTA V.

What about the challenges? These would work in the same way the do with this game. What scenarios do you want to see?

The big question is how would multiplayer and Freddy work? I think some survivors would start asleep while the others are awake. The conscious survivors should be incentivized to wake the ones under Freddys spell. Also there would be a way to put Jason to sleep and pull Freddy into reality. I will add more later. Until then, what do you guys think?

No: 

they should first fix this game and make some important changes, before heading into another project.

Just my personal opinion. Because  it's like owning a nice car, it's never finish.

• Confused 1

I don't think a sequel would be very profitable considering the current reputation of the game. I feel like what you described could hypothetically work in this game anyway.

There were plans on making a Freddy vs. Jason game which would have been called Freddy vs Jason : Hell Unbound. You can look it up , it sounded very interesting. Sadly , it was cancelled.

I feel like a FvJ game would have very limited potential. Not much you can do with that, so it would likely have very little replay value.

I agree  Friday the 13th storymode ( played with couselours)

They should make a Halloween Game!

5 hours ago, Truth said:

I feel like a FvJ game would have very limited potential. Not much you can do with that, so it would likely have very little replay value.

I just envision another Mortal Combat clone, which is a game genre I’ve never been into.  

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

which is a game genre I’ve never been into.

The button mash genre? Yeah, I'm not a fan either.

Gun Media did say that they wanted to make this game the "Friday the 13th game to end all Friday the 13th games" so I highly doubt that a sequel would ever happen. I would also rather have them put everything into this game rather than making a sequel. 

If they were to make another game, it should based off of a entirely different franchise like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Nightmare on Elm Street. Let's just hope that they have learned from their mistakes with this game and they don't make the same mistakes with a future project.