Jump to content
lazerus_86

What has been your biggest Issue with Single Player Challenges? (Warning Potential Spoilers)

Recommended Posts

For me, it has been the 9th Scenario where you are at Pinehurst and you have to catch Deborah before she reaches the lodge. Also with the 1200 point Skull Score it is impossible to do without doing the Hidden Kill (I won't spoil it here).  It all came down to timing, because at the start you basically had to morph half way across the map just to reach Deborah to prevent her from reaching the lodge.  After I got that down, my big issue was the score, then I learned that you had to 1)Do one of Deborahs special kills, 2) Do the Hidden Kill 3)Do AJ's special Kill, and then kill the last 2 in any way, and that BARELY gave me enough experience to complete the Score Skull.

So which Challenge has been your biggest bane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying until I play this game. Sorry.

Edit: To those who put a "confused face" in my post, Yes, I don't have the game (yet).

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not one challenge in particular, but I think it's horseshit that you can't run the table on your first try, since a lot of the challenges have conflicting goals

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Not one challenge in particular, but I think it's horseshit that you can't run the table on your first try, since a lot of the challenges have conflicting goals

It can be, but its not that big of a deal for me, like Scenario 9, you have 2 choices of the Deborah kill, and that prevents the perfect run, you can easily get all of them in 1 go, except the dual Deborah kills. I just go through what I call a "Clean Run" which is where I try to get all my skulls, then I play through with skulls be damned just to get the challenges I need finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number 10 was probably my hardest. The undetected skulls where what I usually had to do over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge... 6 I think?

Crystal lake, 4 of them are playing cards, the other two are in a lodge, then move to another lodge where they play music and dance and smoke until the time runs out.

It STARTS with one of the 4 breaking off and going alone (Bugzy) for a special kill, then another of the 4 (Kenny) follows up shortly after that and you gotta kill him before he notices the body of the first guy.

Problem is, that is DURING the ONLY window to kill the other two (Chad and AJ) as AJ is doing her hair and chad is alone. You have to kill them SOMEHOW between killing Bugzy but BEFORE Kenny finds Bugzy's body. Deborah is simple enough to lure to the hidden kill and then Vanessa is super easy to kill when she's the last one.

But no matter what i can't do it undetected. Either I kill the 4 without anyone noticing, but then AJ and Chad are listening to music and can't be lured away (no power box to kill the radio) and I'm forced to blow my cover to kill them. If I off AJ and Chad first, Bugzee has gotten to the cabin and back and i might get to grab Kenny, but then Bugzee and Vanessa never leave the room and you can't kill one without alerting the other.

I've gone and Killed Bugzee, then gone over and got the special kill on AJ, but either Kenny finds Bugzee, or Chad finds AJ, and if I kill one, the other finds their dead friend and BOOM, Undetected failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Not one challenge in particular, but I think it's horseshit that you can't run the table on your first try, since a lot of the challenges have conflicting goals

My thoughts exactly, I chalk it up to poor design. It should be possible on all the challenges to achieve all the goals in one pass. It should require a high level of skill but it should be possible.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

My thoughts exactly, I chalk it up to poor design. It should be possible on all the challenges to achieve all the goals in one pass. It should require a high level of skill but it should be possible.

While it's fun to "sweep the chart" in a single play session, I like the flexibility and encouraging of playing a scene several times over to find something they missed. Like scoring a perfect triple skull and a couple of special kills, but then you realize the hidden kill hasn't been done and you're searching your mind for what movie scene would fit into this sequence that you'd perform.

I mean, the secret kills are often fantastic as the answer is often a movie reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daneasaur

That was the hardest challenge for me as well. It all comes down to timing on that one. You've got it figured out. Just haven't nailed the timing yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most difficult challenge for me is sitting through the cutscenes over an over again after failing or redoing a challenge because I missed one thing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me forever to finish Strip Poker. Getting the undetected skull was a pain in the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

It took me forever to finish Strip Poker. Getting the undetected skull was a pain in the ass.

That's the one I'm stuck on. One of two where you gotta race your ass off early on in order to get the right kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Challenge... 6 I think?

Crystal lake, 4 of them are playing cards, the other two are in a lodge, then move to another lodge where they play music and dance and smoke until the time runs out.

It STARTS with one of the 4 breaking off and going alone (Bugzy) for a special kill, then another of the 4 (Kenny) follows up shortly after that and you gotta kill him before he notices the body of the first guy.

Problem is, that is DURING the ONLY window to kill the other two (Chad and AJ) as AJ is doing her hair and chad is alone. You have to kill them SOMEHOW between killing Bugzy but BEFORE Kenny finds Bugzy's body. Deborah is simple enough to lure to the hidden kill and then Vanessa is super easy to kill when she's the last one.

But no matter what i can't do it undetected. Either I kill the 4 without anyone noticing, but then AJ and Chad are listening to music and can't be lured away (no power box to kill the radio) and I'm forced to blow my cover to kill them. If I off AJ and Chad first, Bugzee has gotten to the cabin and back and i might get to grab Kenny, but then Bugzee and Vanessa never leave the room and you can't kill one without alerting the other.

I've gone and Killed Bugzee, then gone over and got the special kill on AJ, but either Kenny finds Bugzee, or Chad finds AJ, and if I kill one, the other finds their dead friend and BOOM, Undetected failed.

Throw AJ out the window. Then Chad won't notice her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Throw AJ out the window. Then Chad won't notice her.

Which window? When?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daneasaur said:

Which window? When?

When she's in the Bathroom, there's a window right next to her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

That's the one I'm stuck on. One of two where you gotta race your ass off early on in order to get the right kills.

I played it over and over until I got the pattern down, you have to make sure you save morph, you’ll need it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TiffanyxAJ said:

When she's in the Bathroom, there's a window right next to her

Huh... ok. And chad will end up in the other shack by himself later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daneasaur said:

Huh... ok. And chad will end up in the other shack by himself later?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Yes.

Ah, damn that is important. Good to know though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daneasaur said:

Ah, damn that is important. Good to know though.

Just kill him when he's dancing. Easy peezy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Strip Poker Challenge is a bitch no doubt. I bet I played it 35 times before I got undetected. If it helps, this is the order I killed them in when I got it to work:

1. Buggzy

2. Kenny

3. AJ

4. Chad

5. Deborah

6. Vanessa

 

I think the second toughest is Challenge #10, both the undetected and the XP,  you have to hit a large amount of the special kills to get the XP skull. My killing order on that one:

1. Vanessa

2. Kenny

3. Tiffany’s twin

4. Deborah

5. Adam

6. Tiffany

7. Chad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge 7. The timings of aj, kenny, and Chad are random, so by the time an makes it to the bathrooms, kenny may have already discovered buggsy.

Challenge 10: I think there's a glitch where Deb can see LaChappas dead body in the kitchen while she's still upstairs. On the run where I finally got undetected, deb freaked out, ran down the stairs and I got her when she opened the door. I Also got lucky that Adam left his door open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daneasaur On Strip Poker. I killed Buggzy first.

Morphed to the bathroom and killed A.J.

Morphed back to the house I killed Buggzy in and killed Kenny there.

Morphed back to the bathroom and killed Chad.

Took out Debbie at the Archery Range. 

Finally Vanessa I walked through the side door and killed her at the table.

The timing is tight, but once the first four are dead you're home free. Barring you charging at the last two head long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so much giving me trouble, I just can't seem to figure out how to get the Split Ends goal with Deb in the arm wrestling challenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...