Maybe make trap rearming a limited use thing? Say Jason can rearm two traps per match? With traps disarmed with a pocket knife being beyond repair, and ineligible for rearming. It'd be a decent little buff for Jason, without being too powerful. It would also encourage people to use knives on traps.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 12:10 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

• Swap Sense and Stalk so Jason can sneak earlier in the match. Maybe make order of abilities Jason-specific.
  • Progressively shorter stuns when Jason is chain-stunned.

These two in particular I think have a lot of promise. Like the total stun "Cooldown" can revert back to full if it's been a moment or two since Jason was stunned, but just having a pinata party and making him sit through the full length of the stun for multiple counselors makes it a lot easier to "bully" Jason.

Also, while I do like having Sense as an early radar, Stalk would open up the possibility for more early jumpscares and playing Jason sneakier early on. It seems it'd go thematically as well, with him getting closer to Rage mode later in the match which would heighten his "Sense" of the counselors. 

^Stalk is useless without sense. So if your planning to do an idle stalk while waiting for the counselor to come to you, you can't effectively do it without having sense turned on and stay on.

Also if Jason gets stalk first, it can seriously ruin his early game. Counselors can just easily hide in plain sight when spawning near objectives and Jason would not be able to detect them and scare them off. So when Jason thinks nobody is around and morphs to the next objective, you get an easy pass to tank his traps and/or work objectives without having to run from him. If I'm Jason that would be so annoying to have to search the nearby trees, rocks and all the rooms in the nearby cabins when I could have save time and turn sense on and be done with it and move to the next objective. So no way in hell would I recommend stalk being swap with sense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loading said:

^Stalk is useless without sense. So if your planning to do an idle stalk while waiting for the counselor to come to you, you can't effectively do it without having sense turned on and stay on.

Also if Jason gets stalk first, it can seriously ruin his early game. Counselors can just easily hide in plain sight when spawning near objectives and Jason would not be able to detect them and scare them off. So when Jason thinks nobody is around and morphs to the next objective, you get an easy pass to tank his traps and/or work objectives without having to run from him. If I'm Jason that would be so annoying to have to search the nearby trees, rocks and all the rooms in the nearby cabins when I could have save time and turn sense on and be done with it and move to the next objective. So no way in hell would I recommend stalk being swap with sense.

Maybe add a passive tracking ability to see footprints that are about 30 seconds old anywhere outside. Like the Witcher sense in The Witcher 3. Say the footprints are bright red and fade into obscurity over 20-45 seconds based on counselor Stealth rating.

He could track their paths but not see them directly until Sense is unlocked later.

Playing part 4 with 4 or even 5 traps is seriously too powerful.

Personally, I think there should be 7 traps for all Jason’s and 7 total pocket knives. They may seem excessive at first thought but it would put counselors in a sticky predicament to make a choice to either use them on traps or use them for protection. 

2 traps for each car and two for the phone box and one to hang on to for strategy. Personally, I love having an extra trap when it’s down to me and Jason and Vanessa and that bitch is cabin hopping with the MED perk and breaking windows isn’t doing the job fast enough, so I chase her till she ends up in a small cabin with only one or two windows free, I break them  and surely she ends up stepping in my trap when she tries to climb out when I break that door every time! 

I don't think that the number of traps certain jasons have is the issue. The problem is that the consequences for a counselor eating traps are just not there. When a counselor spawns in with a medic spray and the 2x medic perk they already spawn in with the ability to eat 2 of your 3 traps that you get as a -trap jason. I believe the trapping system as a whole needs a rework or they need to remove the 2x medic perk so that counselors are less incentivised to eat traps. People very rarely waste their pocket knives anymore on disabling traps and for good reason. Making this change to the medic perk would have a snowball effect on the entire game as jason. If counselors arent eating traps as much because they dont have what feels like a million uses worth of sprays then they are more likely to use a pocket knife to take those traps out. A pocket knife has just been taken out of the map and now jason doesnt have to waste more time grabbing people only to get stabbed in the neck. The problem with traps in this game is not the sheer number of traps that jason has but the tankability of said traps. I feel very confident in saying that the medic perk and the frequency of medic sprays in general are the real culprit.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, Loading said:

I have to agree with this... Stalk without sense to let you know where the counselor is located... is extremely situational and for the most part a waste of time. I have tried games against real players without using sense until stalk came up.... it never went well, except for one noob that happened to run around a corner and took an ill timed swing at me. I am pretty good at using sound pings to track counselors, but this is far from good enough to use stalk without sense... unless you have 2000+ hours in the game, then... maybe.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow The passive tracking idea you suggest would be helpful before sense, and would help if sense and stalk where switched around. The problem here is that it is another ability for Jason, which is completely unnecessary if they just leave sense and stalk alone. It also seems a bit overpowered when it is not tied to sense and you can use it before you get sense... which would only make "sense" if you could also use it if sense were in cooldown.... then this is WAY too overpowered.

@tyrant666 trading knives for a trap re-use would kind of even it out, in theory. But you can gather close to twenty throwing knives, if you want to spend almost half the match gathering them (not sure of exact numbers of knives on any map) and that once again becomes way to powerful.... unless you could only do it once. Personally, I am used to having only three traps... I would not use this option anyway. I find it rare when I play part 4 or part 7 that I need another trap. I just played a game with Part 2 using the new kill pack and I only used 2 traps LOL.

@Jdt827 7 pocket knives does not seem excessive.... it is excessive. We have been there before... it was not pretty.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I have to agree with this... Stalk without sense to let you know where the counselor is located... is extremely situational and for the most part a waste of time. I have tried games against real players without using sense until stalk came up.... it never went well, except for one noob that happened to run around a corner and took an ill timed swing at me. I am pretty good at using sound pings to track counselors, but this is far from good enough to use stalk without sense... unless you have 2000+ hours in the game, then... maybe.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow The passive tracking idea you suggest would be helpful before sense, and would help if sense and stalk where switched around. The problem here is that it is another ability for Jason, which is completely unnecessary if they just leave sense and stalk alone. It also seems a bit overpowered when it is not tied to sense and you can use it before you get sense... which would only make "sense" if you could also use it if sense were in cooldown.... then this is WAY too overpowered.

@tyrant666 trading knives for a trap re-use would kind of even it out, in theory. But you can gather close to twenty throwing knives, if you want to spend almost half the match gathering them (not sure of exact numbers of knives on any map) and that once again becomes way to powerful.... unless you could only do it once. Personally, I am used to having only three traps... I would not use this option anyway. I find it rare when I play part 4 or part 7 that I need another trap. I just played a game with Part 2 using the new kill pack and I only used 2 traps LOL.

@Jdt827 7 pocket knives does not seem excessive.... it is excessive. We have been there before... it was not pretty.

As a matter of fact we have not been there before. I can’t stand people who disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 7 knives against 7 traps on every Jason would be well balanced .

24 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

As a matter of fact we have not been there before. I can’t stand people who disagree for the sake of disagreeing. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 7 knives against 7 traps on every Jason would be well balanced .

If you read what I said, I did not mention traps when addressing what you said (and I kept it short.... just for you).... 7 knives, yes we have been there before... and I will say it again, it was not pretty... and if ANYONE was playing Part 2 at the time.... once again, 7 traps & 7 knives.... we have been there before.... just not concerning every Jason variant.... only Part 2.
   I do know what I am talking about... you on the other hand, do not. If and when I am wrong (and yes!!! it has actually happened!!)… I can actually admit it. I can't stand people who can so easily misinterpret one sentence.... and I am not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.... I was pointing out a fact. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If you read what I said, I did not mention traps when addressing what you said (and I kept it short.... just for you).... 7 knives, yes we have been there before... and I will say it again, it was not pretty... and if ANYONE was playing Part 2 at the time.... once again, 7 traps & 7 knives.... we have been there before.... just not concerning every Jason variant.... only Part 2.
   I do know what I am talking about... you on the other hand, do not. If and when I am wrong (and yes!!! it has actually happened!!)… I can actually admit it. I can't stand people who can so easily misinterpret one sentence.... and I am not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.... I was pointing out a fact. Thank you.

You have pointed out zero facts. You are just an annoying know it all who actually knows nothing. 

People still use traps? 

Seriously I trap the phone box and the kitchen window at Packanack and that's about it. Isn't this why there's different Jason's and they're not just skins with all the same skills? Try starting with part 2 Jason and as you get more experience then you can move up to a Jason that's harder for you to use (part 4 for running, part 7 for non running.)

On 6/2/2018 at 8:59 AM, Jdt827 said:

Personally, I think there should be 7 traps for all Jason’s and 7 total pocket knives. They may seem excessive at first thought but it would put counselors in a sticky predicament to make a choice to either use them on traps or use them for protection. 

2 traps for each car and two for the phone box and one to hang on to for strategy. Personally, I love having an extra trap when it’s down to me and Jason and Vanessa and that bitch is cabin hopping with the MED perk and breaking windows isn’t doing the job fast enough, so I chase her till she ends up in a small cabin with only one or two windows free, I break them  and surely she ends up stepping in my trap when she tries to climb out when I break that door every time!

There are a few questions that would be raised by your suggestion:

1. What weaknesses would give the Jasons that previously had 3 traps?

2. What strengths would you give a Jason that currently has 7 traps?

3. With counselors Running Thick Skin and Medic, would having 7 pocketknives per match really make them choose between using a knife on a trap versus saving it for Jason?

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are a few questions that would be raised by your suggestion:

1. What weaknesses would give the Jasons that previously had 3 traps?

2. What strengths would you give a Jason that currently has 7 traps?

3. With counselors Running Thick Skin and Medic, would having 7 pocketknives per match really make them choose between using a knife on a trap versus saving it for Jason?

Nothing would need to change as everything would be balanced. 

2 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

You have pointed out zero facts. You are just an annoying know it all who actually knows nothing. 

https://imgur.com/Y0slFbF       Here is a pic

The pic isfrom the link in the top post of this thread: "Confirmed up to at least 7 pocket knives per match"  
    You will have to actually use the search function, it will not let me post the link for some reason. But yes.... it happened. Search titles only... you will find it much quicker.  You wouldn't believe how many shotguns and med sprays there were at that time too. And Jason's grab sucked at the time.... it wasn't pretty.

There's your facts.

Try the search function next time.... this has been talked about in sooooo many threads.... right here... on these very forums.

14 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

That would never work. You think it would be balanced? People like myself would just hoard those pocket knives and continue to tank traps with Thick skins and Medic combo. 

The December patch buffed counselors by giving out to many pocket knives and shotguns, it was the worst thing to happen to this game. 

I will NEVER go back to those dark days

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jdt827 said:

Nothing would need to change as everything would be balanced. 

Would you care to elaborate on how 7 traps on each Jason and 7 knives per match would be balanced?

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Would you care to elaborate on how 7 traps on each Jason and 7 knives per match would be balanced?

I think there should be one pocket knife on the map for every trap Jason has. So simple. Jason’s strengths and weaknesses would not need to be impacted. For every knife a counselor finds, it comes with a choice to use for protection or to potentially unlock on a trap to escape. That’s all the elaborating you’re gonna get. I didn’t come here argue or explain ANY goddamn thing to simple people.

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

https://imgur.com/Y0slFbF       Here is a pic

The pic isfrom the link in the top post of this thread: "Confirmed up to at least 7 pocket knives per match"  
    You will have to actually use the search function, it will not let me post the link for some reason. But yes.... it happened. Search titles only... you will find it much quicker.  You wouldn't believe how many shotguns and med sprays there were at that time too. And Jason's grab sucked at the time.... it wasn't pretty.

There's your facts.

Try the search function next time.... this has been talked about in sooooo many threads.... right here... on these very forums.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I’ve said. 

I'm thinking don't worry about traps, instead let's add that spear gun from the SP challenges as an RNG item pick-up for Jason. Make it do something like 70-80% damage and have 1-3 shots. Use the mouse scroll wheel or the left and right d-pad buttons to swap between the spear gun and throwing knives once you pick it up. It would be in places like up in a tree or on top of an outhouse or something, where Jason would reach it but counselors can't. Give Jason some extra tools and the trap limit won't be such a big deal.

3 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

I think there should be one pocket knife on the map for every trap Jason has. So simple. Jason’s strengths and weaknesses would not need to be impacted. For every knife a counselor finds, it comes with a choice to use for protection or to potentially unlock on a trap to escape. That’s all the elaborating you’re gonna get. I didn’t come here argue or explain ANY goddamn thing to simple people.

I don't think asking for elaboration on your point makes anyone here "simple". You have a right to express yourself, as does everyone else. I get you don't like to argue, that's fine. You have issues with others here, that's fine too. You don't have to pick a fight with everyone who responds to your posts. Try toning down the aggression and talk it out in a more civilized manner.

As far as pocketknives go, each one a counselor picks up comes with a choice. Changing the number doesn't make that any different than it is now. Likewise, Jason has choices to make with each trap he places, no matter the number.

FYI, watch the double posts. Have a nice day.

21 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

Okay...let me tell you why that won’t work. Seven knives will only be used to stab Jason in the neck. Do you think that counselors are going to use them to disarm your traps? Hell no. Even if they did then Deborah would use it to disarm a phone box trap and fix it and call before you can morph back. Guess what is next? A dance party at the cops while Jason repeatedly get stabbed in the neck and chained stunned because there is still SIX knives left, seven if you count Tommy’s knife if you can even manage to kill anybody because everyone has a knife at this point. Running thick skinned and medic, they’ll just tank the rest of Jason’s traps...no reason to give counselors more knives then they need to have. It’s fine how it is now with trap weaknesses and strengths and the number of knives there is currently.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:11 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Okay...let me tell you why that won’t work. Seven knives will only be used to stab Jason in the neck. Do you think that counselors are going to use them to disarm your traps? Hell no. Even if they did then Deborah would use it to disarm a phone box trap and fix it and call before you can morph back. Guess what is next? A dance party at the cops while Jason repeatedly get stabbed in the neck and chained stunned because there is still SIX knives left, seven if you count Tommy’s knife if you can even manage to kill anybody because everyone has a knife at this point. Running thick skinned and medic, they’ll just tank the rest of Jason’s traps...no reason to give counselors more knives then they need to have. It’s fine how it is now with trap weaknesses and strengths and the number of knives there is currently.

I would use them to disarm traps. That’s what I always use them for. Your argument is solely based on your own perception and gameplay style. You cannot assume that because you don’t use them for that purpose doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t or that at minimum, a reasonable amount of the player base does. Basically, what I’m saying is for every trap in the game, there should be a pocket knife. So if it’s part 7 Jason, there should be 3 pocket knives in game. If it’s part 2, there should be 7... etc. you’re welcome to disagree. It’s not like my preference is going to change anything. It’s just where I stand and I haven’t seen an argument that’s changed my mind yet.