I think each Jason should have no less than 4 traps. Since all they really are good for is alerting Jason that an objective is being worked on (when they’re placed at objectives), there shouldn’t be any harm in giving J7, J4  and J9 one extra trap so they can at least attempt to manage objectives a little better.

• Like 7

I almost never play a Jason variant other than part 4 and part 7.... I have no problem with only three traps.... It just makes objective control a challenge. It is far from impossible, but yeah... sometimes counselors escape, which also happens to skilled part 2 Jasons that have the most traps. Compared to other Jasons, it is a weakness for sure.... but it is not crippling. It just takes practice chasing cars... and boats... Boats are a problem for part 4, but also not impossible to catch.

It is a buff to a weakness, however, and I would rather not see a strength nerfed for balancing this to get one more trap.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super Ty said:

I think each Jason should have no less than 4 traps. Since all they really are good for is alerting Jason that an objective is being worked on (when they’re placed at objectives), there shouldn’t be any harm in giving J7, J4  and J9 one extra trap so they can at least attempt to manage objectives a little better.

Ask @Risinggrave how he does it with part 9

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Ask @Risinggrave how he does it with part 9

To be fair, part 9's lack of traps are the only thing scaring me when I take on you skilled guys. Also the first time our good sportsman group got together, I got spanked hard as J9.

I play 9 a lot like I play 4. I keep up the chase and once I hit shift. It's just a matter of shift grabs or wearing somebody down. Stalk shifting in on people doing the car is another thing I like to do. But with that, I'm all for more traps.

Hell, a few alternate ideas could be spent traps were not in the way of new ones. Jason can sure muster the strength to toss aside a broken trap. It would make laying precious traps less of a crapshoot. 

Another idea is Jason could replenish spent traps with a trip to the shack. It's going to take a morph (and likely two) to get back into play, so it's definitely a trade off.

Lastly, maybe Jason can't move traps, but he can rearm them. Because as Ty has noted, traps are pretty much just an alarm bell against any decent lobby. 

I don't think traps are the issue. Trap count is fine for me. The big issue is combat and a host of small "peripheral" gameplay elements that collectively nerf Jason hard.

• Remove combat stance lock-on across the board. This will improve Jason's ability to fight multiple opponents. Being locked on to one counselor means you can't defend against the other 2+ counselors ganging up on you.
  • Combat stance camera should not zoom in. In fact, it may even need to zoom out. In Assassin's Creed and Shadow of Mordor/War games, the combat camera zooms out so the player can keep track of multiple enemies wit h peripheral vision. The same applies for Jason.
  • Swap Sense and Stalk so Jason can sneak earlier in the match. Maybe make order of abilities Jason-specific.
  • Progressively shorter stuns when Jason is chain-stunned.
  • Add a bunch of new tweaks like throwing knives can damage the phone box, and more.
  • Like 1

I agree , 3 are just nothing. 2 at the phone box is a must. You either safe the last trap , put it by the Shack or at the blue car.

Put it on the blue car =  If the phone traps get triggered , the phone is now unsafe and Needs checking.

Safe it = The cars are unsafe , can easily repaired and Need more checking.

Put it by the shack = The phone has no emergency trap and the cars are unsafe.

I hate it so much , when the car escapes , I really hate it. I actually like it , when they escape with the boat.

Somebody uses it like that (I forgot who said it) : He puts the traps at the phone box and leaves the other objectives , so that the counselors think , the car is safe. But because many People assemble there , he can catch them off guard and knows where they are.

Not a bad idea.

But for me.

I think I would go with something like I've seen mentioned...

Jason can...

1. Pick up his traps

2. Rearm his traps

UNLESS

Counselors are willing to burn a pocket knife to disable it permanently. This would allow -Trap Jasons to at least manage their traps a bit more. Part 2 Jason might become very OP,  but with a negative Shift, he's still slow up close despite more overall mobility with the morph and objective control.

If you wanted to balance it further. Perhaps if each trap is triggered more than twice, then it no longer works and breaks.

Essentially that would mean...

- Traps = Get 6 uses of traps, unless counselors burn a knife

Neutral = 10 uses, again unless counselors want to burn a knife

Part 2 = 14 uses

As long as counselors are allowed to use bear traps over and over. This argument holds water. Now if bear traps started breaking after a couple uses, then you could maybe call it more even but even then, Jason's traps matter a helluva lot more than counselor bear traps. Especially when counselors can stun Jason with different things.

Oh and those pesky perks that make every counselor Daryl Dixon or any other generic action hero.

While I like having 5 traps,  I just don’t worry too much about them anymore. Since you can’t stack and are easily defeated, they aren’t much of a deterrent like they used to be.

The only people they work on are those who avoid them like they are radioactive.

Just my 2 cents.

19 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Why nerf Jason?

There’s no nerf. My suggestion is that every single Jason should not have less than 4 traps. Meaning, J4, J7 and J9 would each get one extra trap. All the other Jason’s would remain the same.

8 hours ago, Super Ty said:

There’s no nerf. My suggestion is that every single Jason should not have less than 4 traps. Meaning, J4, J7 and J9 would each get one extra trap. All the other Jason’s would remain the same.

That's a nerf my friend.....traps are a key method for Jason.

Yeah I’d be up for weak trap Jason’s getting one more. Now that Jason kills are as regular as car escapes, trapping the power box and shack are just as important than the phone box.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:17 PM, Super Ty said:

each Jason should have no less than 4 traps.

Agreed. I've said it a million times.

-Traps: 4
Normal: 5
+Traps: 7 (6 if +Traps gets put on any more Jasons than just J2)

Depending on the players even 7 traps can be useless. Having an extra Trap will make -Traps Jasons more useful against the more common mid tier situations. 

See, these are things that could be tested in the real world if PC players were given Beta builds.
C'mon. I'll E-sign an NDA. 

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

That's a nerf my friend.....traps are a key method for Jason.

He didn't say 5 trap Jasons get 4. He's saying the lowest any Jason should have is 4. 

On 5/30/2018 at 9:43 PM, Ahab said:

I almost never play a Jason variant other than part 4 and part 7.... I have no problem with only three traps.... It just makes objective control a challenge. It is far from impossible, but yeah... sometimes counselors escape, which also happens to skilled part 2 Jasons that have the most traps. Compared to other Jasons, it is a weakness for sure.... but it is not crippling. It just takes practice chasing cars... and boats... Boats are a problem for part 4, but also not impossible to catch.

It is a buff to a weakness, however, and I would rather not see a strength nerfed for balancing this to get one more trap.

QFT

• Thanks 1

I see Jones is still pushing the master race's need to be treated special. As to the op if you buff all the Jasons by one trap then sure.

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

He didn't say 5 trap Jasons get 4. He's saying the lowest any Jason should have is 4. 

Still sounds like a nerf....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I see Jones is still pushing the master race's need to be treated special. As to the op if you buff all the Jasons by one trap then sure.

You don't get it. It doesn't make a difference to me whether it's done on PC or consoles but they said they would never send out test kits for consoles.
They already ran the beta on PC and never said they wouldn't do it again. So until they say they'll never do it, I'm gonna keep bringing it up.

It would be the only way to get real world testing done before updates are officially released.

If they would've sent out betas, who knows how many bugs might not be present in this update, or how much fine tuning of the mechanics could've been done....for PC and for console's sake. 

14 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Still sounds like a nerf....

I agree that it's not the best wording. The most definitive way to say it would be: Jasons with -Traps weakness should have 4 traps instead of 3. 

There was no need to include "every single Jason" in the statement. 
I understand the confusion. 

@tyrant666 I've thought about it and I think Jason could be able to reset a trap once, so counselors can either tank it twice with med spray or disable it permanently on the first shot. Being able to re-arm traps infinitely would be too OP.

Alternatively could add a few traps to pick up in RNG places on the map like with pocket knives.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@tyrant666 I've thought about it and I think Jason could be able to reset a trap once, so counselors can either tank it twice with med spray or disable it permanently on the first shot. Being able to re-arm traps infinitely would be too OP.

Alternatively could add a few traps to pick up in RNG places on the map like with pocket knives.

I love to play Jason.... and I love to play counselors.... look at it from both sides of this. If Jason was able to rearm all of his traps just once... that doubles his traps. This is a massive buff to all Jason variants... but even more so to Part 2. There are what.... 4 pocket knives, 5 with Tommy's? Not very many counselors use pocket knives to disarm traps... but it is the most effective way to get an objective done. Counselor only players would be screaming bloody murder over this if it was implemented and push extremely hard for the extra pocket knives to deal with the extra traps... which would make sense from the perspective of balance... and no one wants to return to large numbers of pocket knives... do they? Like they would use the extra knives on the extra traps anyway... LOL
   One reuse for each trap effectively doubles the traps for all Jasons. Getting even one objective done against part 2 with what 7 x 2 = 14 traps and +morph would be extremely difficult. Even a mediocre Part 2 Jason will be on top of the best players in the game at all times. 10 trap uses for all Jasons with no strength or weakness to traps is pushing it way to far as well. 6 traps for -Trap Jasons is also getting ridiculous. Even if they could disable a trap permanently.... and all pocket knives were actually used to do so... even -trap Jasons would still have an extra trap.

-Trap Jason variants are not for beginners... it is quite the challenge to maintain objective control, particularly against skilled counselor players. 3 traps is a weakness as I stated in my post above, but not a crippling weakness. I do fine with three traps and so do many other players. 5 traps is not a weakness at all and Part 2 Jason's 7 traps is most definitely a strength, particularly combined with +morph it is an incredible strength.

This is WAY to much of a buff to Jason.... even just the extra trap for Jasons with the trap weakness is too much in my opinion and completely unnecessary. Even one rearm on one trap for all Jasons is still too much..... I say this as an avid Jason player and fan of this game and the entire franchise.
    Yes you NEED to trap the fuse box... you do not need to trap ANY car if you have got enough practice at stopping cars. Some will slip by from time to time, nobody is perfect... but very few cars slip by me... and I have not played any Jason other than Part 4 and Part 7 for a long time.... I will lay a trap at the driver's door of a car I have stopped, but other than that... they get saved for the inevitable need of a replacement trap at the fuse box.... trapping the shack only really works on noobs, and they are not a threat by themselves.

@tyrant666 Counselors reusing bear traps does not convince me of the need for this in the least... I will agree that some of the perks... when a player know how to use them effectively... can turn that player into super counselor. But only when the right perks are used with the right counselor and that player know how use them effectively with that counselor and does actually use them effectively.... which can be circumstantial in many instances.

9 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I agree that it's not the best wording. The most definitive way to say it would be: Jasons with -Traps weakness should have 4 traps instead of 3. 

There we go lol thanks.

Five traps is plenty...if you want map control then use Part 2. He has 7 traps which is PLENTY for all objectives. Before I remember that Jasons with a trap weakness would only start with TWO traps. Be thankful they bumped it to three. Not every Jason needs five traps. Jason should not be able to reset traps, it would be a HUGE buff to all Jason’s especially Part 2. Although should be able to set another trap over a disarmed or tanked trap. I’ll ever go as far to say he should be able to trap stack. But get more traps? Not likely.

13 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

It seemed pretty straight forward to me, however thanks for clearing up any confusion there may have been. :)

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

I love to play Jason.... and I love to play counselors.... look at it from both sides of this. If Jason was able to rearm all of his traps just once... that doubles his traps. This is a massive buff to all Jason variants... but even more so to Part 2. There are what.... 4 pocket knives, 5 with Tommy's? Not very many counselors use pocket knives to disarm traps... but it is the most effective way to get an objective done. Counselor only players would be screaming bloody murder over this if it was implemented and push extremely hard for the extra pocket knives to deal with the extra traps... which would make sense from the perspective of balance... and no one wants to return to large numbers of pocket knives... do they? Like they would use the extra knives on the extra traps anyway... LOL
   One reuse for each trap effectively doubles the traps for all Jasons. Getting even one objective done against part 2 with what 7 x 2 = 14 traps and +morph would be extremely difficult. Even a mediocre Part 2 Jason will be on top of the best players in the game at all times. 10 trap uses for all Jasons with no strength or weakness to traps is pushing it way to far as well. 6 traps for -Trap Jasons is also getting ridiculous. Even if they could disable a trap permanently.... and all pocket knives were actually used to do so... even -trap Jasons would still have an extra trap.

-Trap Jason variants are not for beginners... it is quite the challenge to maintain objective control, particularly against skilled counselor players. 3 traps is a weakness as I stated in my post above, but not a crippling weakness. I do fine with three traps and so do many other players. 5 traps is not a weakness at all and Part 2 Jason's 7 traps is most definitely a strength, particularly combined with +morph it is an incredible strength.

This is WAY to much of a buff to Jason.... even just the extra trap for Jasons with the trap weakness is too much in my opinion and completely unnecessary. Even one rearm on one trap for all Jasons is still too much..... I say this as an avid Jason player and fan of this game and the entire franchise.
    Yes you NEED to trap the fuse box... you do not need to trap ANY car if you have got enough practice at stopping cars. Some will slip by from time to time, nobody is perfect... but very few cars slip by me... and I have not played any Jason other than Part 4 and Part 7 for a long time.... I will lay a trap at the driver's door of a car I have stopped, but other than that... they get saved for the inevitable need of a replacement trap at the fuse box.... trapping the shack only really works on noobs, and they are not a threat by themselves.

@tyrant666 Counselors reusing bear traps does not convince me of the need for this in the least... I will agree that some of the perks... when a player know how to use them effectively... can turn that player into super counselor. But only when the right perks are used with the right counselor and that player know how use them effectively with that counselor and does actually use them effectively.... which can be circumstantial in many instances.

Others have also mentioned having Jason use his throwing knives to re use his traps as a tradeoff. Which would also be controversial. Trading the long range weapon for the proximity weapon.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:17 PM, Super Ty said:

Agreed 100%