BigShaunPolk

The future of Fri13th the game and franchise

I was having this conversation with my son's the other day all three of us are huge fans of the entire franchise the movies, the games, everything that quintessentially is Jason Voorhees. I was curious to get people's opinions on what do you think will be up coming in the future not the immediate future but the Far Far Away future different game modes, Maps do you think they'll ever be another Friday the 13th film mild suggestions that could improve it perhaps new Killers perhaps new counselors perhaps an entirely new game altogether as most succesful games (saleswise)often warrant a sequel. I feel like this forum is a Melting Pot of some really good ideas and some basically shity people but all in all I think the form is a good thing.I was just curious what are all your thoughts in this?

Probably not. There won't be a big revival in terms of the film franchise. They were having problems trying to reinvent in the early 2000s, they even put Jason in space it was that bad.

In a perfect world Friday the 13th The Game Part 2 would be in development already. A new film would be taking advantage of the game's connection with new fans. Instead we have this fuck up who was hired to write a screen play deciding he is the brain child of the whole franchise and suing the producer who hired him to write the screenplay. It's a complete cluster fuck and who knows how this garbage is going to play out.

19 minutes ago, TreeP said:

Probably not. There won't be a big revival in terms of the film franchise.

Have you seen Never Hike Alone? It's not official, but it's WAY better than some of them (especially some New Line movies). If you haven't, you DEFINITELY should. That is, assuming you're a fan of the franchise.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Truth said:

Have you seen Never Hike Alone? It's not official, but it's WAY better than some of them (especially some New Line movies). If you haven't, you DEFINITELY should. That is, assuming you're a fan of the franchise.

Sure I'll give it a watch.

Netflix original series would be nice, not going to happen because of a damn lawsuit. In a perfect world though, that's what I'd like to see. As for the game, it's only half done, no need to rush getting to a sequel.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Truth said:

I havent but now I will where can one find it?

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Netflix original series would be nice, not going to happen because of a damn lawsuit. In a perfect world though, that's what I'd like to see. As for the game, it's only half done, no need to rush getting to a sequel.  

The game is half done as in fq3th the game pt 2 is half done?

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ooooh,

A 13 episode series would be awesome. They could follow Pamela as kids are being murdered and she is looked at as the prime suspect. But at the end of the series we find out that she wasn't doing the killings it was her son who was believed drowned. 

8 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

The game is half done as in fq3th the game pt 2 is half done?

No part one is half done. Maps yet to come, counselor modes, lots of room for this game to grow. I don't think a sequel can be started at this point.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Ooooh,

A 13 episode series would be awesome. They could follow Pamela as kids are being murdered and she is looked at as the prime suspect. But at the end of the series we find out that she wasn't doing the killings it was her son who was believed drowned. 

That's not bad. I'd go with thirteen episodes that use the movies as history, with things being changed slightly to make it all make sense. Easter eggs everywhere, but new characters and more in town interaction. Same Jason, but with a growing presence as the series progresses.

Some good ideas. Aside from the lazurus any other maps?

I mean if ps5 drops in a couple years wont it kinda force their hand for a new game? With a new system out the player count would plummet yes?

I love this game, but eventually it will be time to move on, for now we getting jason x an grendal, im not sure if paranoia is still in the works or not, havnt followed it much, other than that maybe more original Jasons, or maybe jason abilities uniqueness. but in the distant future, i would love to see them move to another horror icon, i know its extremly unlikely but i can dream. I want a Halloween, or Nightmare on elm, or even chucky. DBD has Michael but i cant stand that game at all.

8 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

I mean if ps5 drops in a couple years wont it kinda force their hand for a new game? With a new system out the player count would plummet yes?

It takes a console about two years too replace the old one, we got time. 

Movie wise I think its gonna be awhile until we see another movie. I personally wasnt a fan of the reboot but others did enjoy it so who knows. 

Game wise..... I couldnt bring myself to purchase another game from these guys until I know it works. Im sure others would be stoked, but they lost me on this one. 

I think I would definetley buy a new game if it was still fri13th. You guys mentioned a lawsuit is there a ball park on when that will wrap up? Cause if a film will ever be made gotta kinda strike when the iron is hot

I think the future is bright for the Friday franchise. This game is the best thing to happen for it in a very long time and has introduced an entire new generation of people to the series. Plus, 80’s horror is big right now with IT, Stranger Things, etc. The time is right. All they need to do is make a proper reboot that looks like this game. (The stellar art degisn not the buggy glitchy rainbow blood stuff)

Victor Miller can fight for the franchise name,but he never had anything to do with the idea of an adult Jason,wearing a hockey mask,killing teens at camp.

We'll always have future Jason movies.

56 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

I think the future is bright for the Friday franchise. This game is the best thing to happen for it in a very long time and has introduced an entire new generation of people to the series. Plus, 80’s horror is big right now with IT, Stranger Things, etc. The time is right. All they need to do is make a proper reboot that looks like this game. (The stellar art degisn not the buggy glitchy rainbow blood stuff)

I don't know, if a writer or director can make the rainbow blood look good as a tribute, that could get a good laugh from those that play the game. An art student carrying a bunch of tubes of paint combined with a power back swing from Jason, that cleaves it all in two. It could work. 

• Haha 1