AshTray900

OMG Please Leave The Keys At The CAR :)

I fix the car and leave the keys, since I want someone to distract Jason while I fix the phone and call the cops.

15 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

The only way to gaurantee you have a seat in the car is to have the keys. If I'm planning on leaving in a car I won't drop them.

I do this depending on the situation. 

I make sure I announce to anyone that will listen that I have them, though, and won't go clear to the other side of the map with them. 

I find this happening a lot with the fuse. If the box is trapped and is too risky at that point to tank the trap, I’ll leave the fuse there. I’m starting to see more players just carry it with them the whole match, even though they passed the phone box. Apparently, if the box is trapped, they think it’s a genius idea to just carry it with them until someone gets rid of the trap. They die 3 miles away.

People can do what they want with the keys, but I just drop them at the car most of the time. If the gas is in, and I’m installing the battery, the car is ready to go. I expect to leave; not wait on the guy that has the keys in his pocket down at the boat.

Key-keepers should at least have enough common sense to stay within a reasonable distance from the car. All bets are off if you’re being chased, obviously. But too often, everyone is dead except ONE guy that’s crouched in the woods. And after Jason kills him, out come the keys (or fuse).

19 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

No they don't. Otherwise they wouldn't be using the map item marking. At least that not how the pros play.

Um pros? Isnt this a video game? And anyways the real idea here is to keep the keys close to the car not map mark them. The team does play good together bc if we did our part but die later on and some of our friends get out ok then it was worth it. But like another said once you've played enough and or at lvl 150 this isnt much of a competitive game.

Same for fuse why drag it around, leave it by the box if you cant take the trap being injured etc or are just a character to dumb to repair it

• Thanks 1

I always keep the keys. 

Finders keepers..   

Dropping keys at a car usually never ends well.  When it comes to qp its DTA.   Unless i like them/or they had my back

36 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Um pros? Isnt this a video game? And anyways the real idea here is to keep the keys close to the car not map mark them. The team does play good together bc if we did our part but die later on and some of our friends get out ok then it was worth it. But like another said once you've played enough and or at lvl 150 this isnt much of a competitive game.

Same for fuse why drag it around, leave it by the box if you cant take the trap being injured etc or are just a character to dumb to repair it

I think you and I are in the minority on this one. I don’t like the trolls anymore than anyone else, but I think about the team concept first.

If I keep the keys and die anyway, I’m a mile out and, even if someone comes to get my keys, three people died in the meantime.

If I drop the keys, I may not get a seat, but whoever picked up the keys and got out of there may have took three people with him, making it worth it. Sure, a guy could pick up the keys and leave by himself, but that’s the game. 

In that sense, both approaches have their risks/rewards.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Whenever i see players running for the car, I cackle and say "don't you realise what you've just done?!" 

I always peep the horn too to try and draw them out. I'll always try and reverse on them too.

Your an asshole.

Oh! Sorry... I mean't... your a fart head...

Gotta watch the language. Theirs little kids on here...

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Your an asshole.

Oh! Sorry... I mean't... your a fart head...

Gotta watch the language. Theirs little kids on here...

Yes. I also lay traps at unlocked doors and bait counselors to run into them. The game's fun but it's more fun playing it that way

• Sad 1

I'm keeping the keys, I trust my driving and guarantee my place in the car. I will try and pick as many up as possible before heading to the exit. So its a no from me. 

If I find the keys, you bet your ass I'm holding. Ive had too many bad experiences relying on QP players. If I find them, I'll check my map frequently and go towards the car closest to repair. 

I leave the keys by the car since I really dislike the driving controls and mic users. "You're an idiot!" "How the hell did you crash?!" "Dude c'mon..." "You should have let me drive" is all you hear. I'm level 150 and I've only successfully escaped while driving very few times.

• Like 1

I’ll leave the keys at the car if I don’t want to escape that way. If I do, then no way. On a related note, I always defy the players that insist that because they fixed one or both parts of the car that that entitles them to drive and if I have the keys I need to hand them over. Sorry, but that isn’t how the game works. Sometimes fixing the car is the easy part. I don’t need to drive, but if the other player is already being a dick about it, then that isn’t exactly a convincing argument to make. 

If I am playing in a QP with a bunch of random people... I keep the keys on me. Generally I am the one who fixes some/all of the car and last thing I need is for someone to grab the keys and end up across the map or worse - taking off with the car I fixed. 

If I am playing with group members/friends... I just toss them by the car. 

• Like 1

If I'm working on repairs to the car, I keep the keys. If I fix that car and find the keys, I'm driving it out, not some other bitch. Period.

If I find keys, but I'm focusing on another objective, I'll leave them for someone else.

12 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Yes. I also lay traps at unlocked doors and bait counselors to run into them. The game's fun but it's more fun playing it that way

You mean it's more fun to play the exact opposite of how you're supposed to? That's like playing a board game like Monopoly, and saying, "you know what? I don't feel like going to jail, and I'll also just go ahead help myself to that $200 because I don't give a flying fig about the rules." You are a true anarchist. SMH

26 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

You mean it's more fun to play the exact opposite of how you're supposed to? That's like playing a board game like Monopoly, and saying, "you know what? I don't feel like going to jail, and I'll also just go ahead help myself to that $200 because I don't give a flying fig about the rules." You are a true anarchist. SMH

Not really. I still escape after i've taken the car. I still fix things. I just find it funny ruining fun for other players.

if i go Tommy, I tend to run towards players in trouble and just stand there while Jason finishes them. I have no interest in saving them but I want them to think that's what i'm doing. 

"Fuck you Jarvis" someone shouted at me once

5 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Not really. I still escape after i've taken the car. I still fix things. I just find it funny ruining fun for other players.

if i go Tommy, I tend to run towards players in trouble and just stand there while Jason finishes them. I have no interest in saving them but I want them to think that's what i'm doing. 

"Fuck you Jarvis" someone shouted at me once

So pretty much exactly what I said, thanks for clarifying. You literally JUST said you run people down with the car for shits and giggles. Sure you may fix things up, but if you're behind the wheel it doesn't make a lick of a difference because now we need to avoid a Jason who wants to kill people and your dumbass. Which is nice, because when you run people over you're also trolling the Jason player who is trying to get XP by killing people so it's a two-fer. If you have to ruin other people's fun just because they are trying to play the game the way it's meant to be played, then your life must be truly sad indeed if that is where your gaming enjoyment comes from. Back to the board game analogy, it's like having that jackass you're playing with flip the board and all the pieces off it just because they can, meanwhile now everyone else has to reset everything and try again for the next game. Oh you called in Tommy? Well that didn't work out because you're just trolling everyone, so that objective was pointless to get done. Oh the car is fixed? I have the keys but I'm gonna drive around and kill everyone before I escape, so that backfired on all their progress. Oh I have the fuse so I'll just hoard it so the police can't be called, so there goes that objective. So basically with you in the lobby, if you had your way, no one would be allowed to get anything done and/or live because you need to act like you're being funny when you're just being an asshole. But, hey, at least you freely admit it, and they say that's the first step with any problem. So go back under your bridge and play in private matches with you and your like minded dumbass friends and leave quick play alone.

In private matches I always drop the keys, but never in QP for obvious reasons. I don't want to be left behind If I fixed the damn thing.

19 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

So pretty much exactly what I said, thanks for clarifying. You literally JUST said you run people down with the car for shits and giggles. Sure you may fix things up, but if you're behind the wheel it doesn't make a lick of a difference because now we need to avoid a Jason who wants to kill people and your dumbass. Which is nice, because when you run people over you're also trolling the Jason player who is trying to get XP by killing people so it's a two-fer. If you have to ruin other people's fun just because they are trying to play the game the way it's meant to be played, then your life must be truly sad indeed if that is where your gaming enjoyment comes from. Back to the board game analogy, it's like having that jackass you're playing with flip the board and all the pieces off it just because they can, meanwhile now everyone else has to reset everything and try again for the next game. Oh you called in Tommy? Well that didn't work out because you're just trolling everyone, so that objective was pointless to get done. Oh the car is fixed? I have the keys but I'm gonna drive around and kill everyone before I escape, so that backfired on all their progress. Oh I have the fuse so I'll just hoard it so the police can't be called, so there goes that objective. So basically with you in the lobby, if you had your way, no one would be allowed to get anything done and/or live because you need to act like you're being funny when you're just being an asshole. But, hey, at least you freely admit it, and they say that's the first step with any problem. So go back under your bridge and play in private matches with you and your like minded dumbass friends and leave quick play alone.

Bro, I'm with you 100%, but let me give you one piece of advice... don't feed the troll, he just wants attention. 

1 minute ago, Ðarius said:

In private matches I always drop the keys, but never in QP for obvious reasons. I don't want to be left behind If I fixed the damn thing.

Bro, I'm with you 100%, but let me me give you one piece of advice... don't feed the troll, he just wants attention. 

Well I got 5 hours to go at my job, and it's sinfully boring right now. I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but a man needs to keep himself occupied with something haha!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ðarius said:

Bro, I'm with you 100%, but let me give you one piece of advice... don't feed the troll, he just wants attention. 

You have to admit though...i got him good