Chace Hollett

What is your favorite Friday the 13th?

You´re favorite Friday the 13th Movie/s!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Fridayyyyy!

• Friday the 13th
    • Friday the 13th Part II
    • Friday the 13th Part III 3D
    • Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    • Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
    • Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    • Friday the 13th Part VII: A New Blood
    • Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    • Jason goes to Hell: The Final Friday
    • Jason X
    • Freddy vs. Jason
    • Friday the 13th (2009 Reboot)
    • Never Hike Alone

I don't have a favorite. There are things I like about all of them. Well, the first eight anyway. The rest after that don't really compare. And I don't what excuses are made, what arguments are constructed, what mental gymnastics are used, or anything of the sort, but the fact of the matter is this - Friday the 13th only really works in the 80's setting. That's just a stone cold fact.

Some horror franchises can get away from that. However, it's just a big part of Friday the 13th's atmosphere. It doesn't feel right when you try to take it into the other decades due to the pop culture and overall societal trends of those beyond the 80's.

Part 4 followed by part 6.

As much as people love Kane Hodder as Jason, he was in all the bad movies with some of the stupidest storylines.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, bewareofbears said:

Part 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan/Vancouver) is my favourite but I believe the best film of the bunch is the original.

I really like this one too, but damn that ending. I sometimes can't watch it because it's that bad. After the elephant scream it's all downhill and I sometimes just stop there. To make up for the ending, it's has the beginning with the awesome song of The Darkest Side of the Night.

I think is Jason Lives is my favorite because I like Tommy Jarvis in it, even though he's the reason the movie even happens in the first place. Bonus points for calling Jason maggot head, an asshole, chicken shit, and a pussy.

@The Tommy

I saw Part 8 as a kid so I always viewed Jason as some form of monster with a pumpkin face and elephant scream. I wasn't bothered by any of it as a kid so I assume that's why it doesn't bug me much now. It's not a great film but it's a fun monster movie. :)

@bewareofbears Jason was even a temporary hero in the film too. Plus he tangled with a future Jason actor. I saw all the movies as a kid/younger teen as well. If only part 8 Jason had the elephant scream in game. 

I really like part 4. It introduces us to Trish and Tommy Jarvis, cool kills, Chris Glubber's dancing, the "deadfuck" quote I use on a daily bases, and I feel it's the apitimy of a summer camp slasher film.

Part 6. I love the whole Frankenstein's monster vibe and it's got a great autumn feel for watching at Halloween. Plus the musical score is quality. Keeps pumping away but still has all the weird sounding moments from the earlier films.

So , I searched for an existing Topic but the onliest one was ranking them in order and nothing with a poll.

So , what is your favorite Friday the 13th? If you can´t really decide , just vote for both! If you want to share even a list , do it! Would be nice if you give a reason , why you like that movie the most!

I included Never Hike Alone because this movie is reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally appreciated by fans and some (if not even many) consider it better as some of the originals.

So , to start this off : My favorite (movie of all time) is Friday the 13th Part III 3D. Awesome kills ,  awesome characters , awesome screentime with Jason , awesome Jason acting , awesome Jason appearance and is not too dark. Need I say more?

Well , then would come Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. A bit darker but epic and with an awesome Jason portrayal.

Then Friday the 13th The Final Chapter. Extremely awesome kills but not much to see of Jason.

And then Jason X. I can´t really explain why.

A Little note , I still have to watch Part VIII , IX , Freddy vs. Jason and Never Hike Alone. Except for Freddy vs. Jason , I don´t think the others will go on my absolute favorite list but for Freddy vs. Jason I have to watch all A Nightmare on Elm Street´s which probably isn´t done until next year.

I love every Friday the 13th (well I only like Part VII a bit) and I don´t hate or don´t like any Part.

I will maybe update this , when I watched Part VIII , IX and Never Hike Alone. I will guaranteed update this when I watched Freddy vs. Jason.

Posted (edited)

Well we already have a thread on this subject, but you're not wrong, it didn't have a poll. Let's see if I can keep your poll intact and still keep things tidy. 

Standby.

Edit: Victory is mine! Please enjoy the rich wonder that is this newly merged conversation! (Now with a Poll!)

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime

14 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Well we already have a thread on this subject, but you're not wrong, it didn't have a poll. Let's see if I can keep your poll intact and still keep things tidy. 

Standby.

Edit: Victory is mine! Please enjoy the rich wonder that is this newly merged conversation! (Now with a Poll!)

Hey , thanks dude!

I just thought : I am going to check my thread. And then I didn´t find it. Did I Forget to post it? And then I look and see this. Exactly Looks like mine but by Chace Hollet. Even Favorite Fridayyyyy stands there. And then I saw your post. I was sooooo confused right now.

37 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Hey , thanks dude!

I just thought : I am going to check my thread. And then I didn´t find it. Did I Forget to post it? And then I look and see this. Exactly Looks like mine but by Chace Hollet. Even Favorite Fridayyyyy stands there. And then I saw your post. I was sooooo confused right now.

Whoops! I would have normally tagged you when taking action like that. It appears I neglected to, this time. My bad.

My favorite.... Part IV

The entire series is great... Parts I - IV were the best slasher movies of that time and I like how II - IV continued over just a few days.... but they could not call Part III Saturday the 14th, that was taken already. Part V was good, but not at the top of my list. Part VI gave new unlife to Jason and was a bit of a self parody... Part VII gave us Kane Hodder, and a different type of story for the series with Tina and her Telekinetic powers.... but the ending sucked. Part VIII, Manhattan?... it was still good, thanks mostly to Kane Hodder... but the ending sucked almost as much as part VII. Part IX is tolerable, but could have been done so much better and needed more Kane Hodder, the demon slug robbed Kane of too much screen time! Jason X.... I actually really liked that one too, for several reasons.... starting with Lexa Doig, the cameo of David Cronenberg... and of course, he who needs not be mentioned... but I will mention him again anyway, Kane Hodder.
    I thought the reboot was actually very well done and deserved a sequel, but I know there are many who disagree. Never Hike Alone.... for a fan film... it was awesome and I recommend it to any fan of the series. My only problem with either of these is that they did not use Kane Hodder... but Derek Mears played a damned good Jason too. Vincente Disanti was pretty good as Jason in Never Hike Alone... but you can guess who I thought they should have used, although he may not have fit into their budget.
    I almost forgot to mention Freddy vs. Jason.... a great movie. I love the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise as well. Ken Kirzinger could not top Kane's portrayal of Jason, but he still did a good job... They still should have used Kane Hodder for that one though.

Although I think Kane Hodder made the best Jason.... but the first four movies will always hold a special place in my cold, dead heart. Part IV just had, what seemed at the time at least... a definitive ending for Jason.... but I am glad they did not end it there.

So hard to choose! They all have elements I like, even the worse ones. (Jason X has a lot of funny and clever moments even though I hate the concept and the design of Uber Jason.)

Ultimately, I guess I like parts 4, 2 and 6 the best. A lot of people say they like to see Jason murder these awful douche bag teenagers but in my opinion the counselors in these films were for the most part all very likable. Even Teddy, who although he is rather annoying really doesn't deserve his fate. 7 is great too thanks to Hodder's performance , the fantastic make up design for Jason and the bitchy Melissa character.

I also really enjoy Freddy vs. Jason. "Nightmare on Elm Street" is probably my second favorite slasher series after Friday and Robert Englund is always fun to watch, even in the worst Nightmare films (Freddy's Dead). Seeing my two favorite slasher killers together on the big screen was a childhood dream come true.

A tie between part 3 and part 6.  Those two are the most fun to rewatch for me personally.  They aren't the best but I enjoy them.

Hard to choose one, I enjoy most of them, except for Part VII and Part IX. 

I think Part VI is my favorite, but I voted for Jason X because Uber Jason is so fucking badass.

Posted (edited)

My favorites are the final chapter and part VI...

I love all the movies, but. These two are the ones i watch the most.

@Yoshman2523 Yes, i did mean part 6...

God damn! I'm dumb...

Edited by Freddie Mercury
*Sigh*...
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like Part 2, Part 3, Part IV, and Part VI the most. IV is my favorite followed by Part 3, then Part 2, then VI. 

@Freddie Mercury

Part IV = The Final Chapter, I think you meant Part VI. VI = 6, IV = 4.

Edited by Yoshman2523
  • Thanks 1

Has to be the original for me ... love the characters in it, they felt real. Love the setting, the fashions and the era, that very early 80s look and vibe. Post '84 horror films started to take on a sheen that made them more Hollywood productions and less low budget, scratchy, atmospheric horror films.

I'm not so keen on the latter entries after Part IV when it started becoming more comedic and tongue-in-cheek. Quite enjoyed the remake though, better than it gets credit for, apart from its ending which sucked.