So, I've set a new challenge for myself.

Starting today, I will (attempt) achieve at least one solid rank up on my PS4 profile per day and document it here.

I'll do so until I reach rank 113 and unlock weapon swapping.

As of this post, I'm at rank 77.

Ranks to go: 36

This means roughly 36 days. Meaning July 5th will be the last day I do this and actually get the unlock level.

Hey, by then, they might have some of those glitch patches out, right? And maybe, just maybe, an alteration to the weapon swap unlock rank.

Good luck!

I sure wish everyone that was bitching excessively about the unlock level had the same mindset.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Good luck. It's going to be a challenge for sure. I got super burned out just gaining 4-5 levels during the double XP event. 

• Thanks 1

Well , I am 5 Levels away for my heavy bloody Skin for Part IX....muahahaha! And I get myself some PS Plus a last time (it probably isn´t my last time) , so I don´t even have to grind!

8 hours ago, Truth said:

Good luck!

I sure wish everyone that was bitching excessively about the unlock level had the same mindset.

8 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Good luck. It's going to be a challenge for sure. I got super burned out just gaining 4-5 levels during the double XP event. 

8 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I am 5 Levels away for my heavy bloody Skin for Part IX....muahahaha! And I get myself some PS Plus a last time (it probably isn´t my last time) , so I don´t even have to grind!

Welp, Day 1 went by. I got half a bar of experience and then, the game decided "fuck you" and proceeded to freeze and crash after an environment kill, not once, but twice in two separate games.

So now, not only do I need the time and the patience to grind the ranks, I now run a HIGH chance of the game just giving me the finger and not letting me have any EXP.

I sent error reports but fuck all lot of good that does. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm at 150 and this is pretty much how I did it. I would play a few matches a day and then go to work. The 50 hour work week I put in limits my play time. I always sit through the match if I die early to get my xp even if people were teaming with Jason. That's why I have no sympathy for those who haven't ranked yet. Some of these people have way more time to play then I do and leave the match when it suits them. Then they want to lose their shit when a new ability is pretty high level. Just play the game and finish your matches.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm at 150 and this is pretty much how I did it. I would play a few matches a day and then go to work. The 50 hour work week I put in limits my play time. I always sit through the match if I die early to get my xp even if people were teaming with Jason. That's why I have no sympathy for those who haven't ranked yet. Some of these people have way more time to play then I do and leave the match when it suits them. Then they want to lose their shit when a new ability is pretty high level. Just play the game and finish your matches.

im in the same boat as you with work and i feel the same about the game. i play when i can and make sure to capitalize on all chances for xp even if it means watching 10 minutes  of jason and his buddy play grab ass all across the camp. level 97 btw and have no problem grinding to 113

Just now, sfosterjr said:

im in the same boat as you with work and i feel the same about the game. i play when i can and make sure to capitalize on all chances for xp even if it means watching 10 minutes  of jason and his buddy play grab ass all across the camp

Adulting is hard! Lol. But seriously if I ran into the host quitting I would just go kill bots for awhile. I do enjoy some bot murder every once and a while.

ive only did the bots one time. everything else was multiplayer. i guess ive just gotten lucky in my time playing and have connected to some good groups of players who are now friends so even though we do run itno the host quits most of our gametime is full and successful xp wise

41 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Welp, Day 1 went by. I got half a bar of experience and then, the game decided "fuck you" and proceeded to freeze and crash after an environment kill, not once, but twice in two separate games.

So now, not only do I need the time and the patience to grind the ranks, I now run a HIGH chance of the game just giving me the finger and not letting me have any EXP.

I sent error reports but fuck all lot of good that does. 

Just curious, because I am almost in the same boat as you (lvl 71 or so):

How long are you considering a "day"?

When I can actually sit down and game for a night, I put in about 3-4 hours or so. I find its challenging to gain a full level in that time. Everything has to go mostly right (no hosts leaving, I get to be Jason 50% of the time etc) otherwise I come in just short. I never leave matches and am pretty good at survivor and Jason.

Too bad they didn't make it double XP week in honor of the game's first anniversary instead of weekend, especially with the high level for swapping and the glitchy state the game is in.  I barely got to play through most of it.  Just over 15 levels to go.

4 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

Too bad they didn't make it double XP week in honor of the game's first anniversary instead of weekend, especially with the high level for swapping and the glitchy state the game is in.  I barely got to play through most of it.  Just over 15 levels to go.

yea i wish too!! i only got to play on sunday! but actually leveled up from 91 to either 97 or 98 cant remember now

19 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Just curious, because I am almost in the same boat as you (lvl 71 or so):

How long are you considering a "day"?

When I can actually sit down and game for a night, I put in about 3-4 hours or so. I find its challenging to gain a full level in that time. Everything has to go mostly right (no hosts leaving, I get to be Jason 50% of the time etc) otherwise I come in just short. I never leave matches and am pretty good at survivor and Jason.

3-4 hours as you said. But it's STRICTLY killing bots as you can force a 1,000+ EXP drop each match with a max output of 1300.

But if the game is just gonna fucking die on me even while doing that, then it's not even a matter of having the patience or time to do the grinding, it's up to a cosmic RNG if the game will even fucking work anymore.

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

But if the game is just gonna fucking die on me even while doing that, then it's not even a matter of having the patience or time to do the grinding, it's up to a cosmic RNG if the game will even fucking work anymore.

Have you tried reinstalling it? 

If you play bots on easy, you could level up one in less than an hour. Someone (I forgot who) did a bot round in under 3mins on Packanack on Easy. I think trying for 1300 might take too much time. See how fast you can get ten 1000xp (at least) rounds. 

36 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Have you tried reinstalling it? 

If you play bots on easy, you could level up one in less than an hour. Someone (I forgot who) did a bot round in under 3mins on Packanack on Easy. I think trying for 1300 might take too much time. See how fast you can get ten 1000xp (at least) rounds. 

PS4 version. I try that I lose everything.

Yes, I was going to dial back and just get 1k per round with a few pre-set kills and a couple environment kills, but it means nothing if the game just crashes and is unplayable.

I've gotten to the point that I've started to cry.

Not joking. I liked this game, but then they shove weapon swapping at 113? I'm upset, but I decide I'll do the required grinding for it. "Oh hey, chucklefuck. You were gonna actually make some progress? BOOM! Crashed your fucking game! No exp for you!"

This is beyond unfair.

• Thanks 1

Honestly to get to 100 was not hard had all.  Altho I will say, after 100 it seems to get much harder.  I luckily only had 4 ranks to go to get to 113 and it took me the weekend and some bot spamming.  But if you play well, it shouldn't take long.  If you're using quick play, fuck everyone else... use Deb or Chappa, and get as much shit as you can get done by yourself so you can leave.  Don't bother helping the 'team' as Chad or Adam.  I was using random people but after getting fuck over and not escaping I just mained Deb and its relatively easy to get away unless you have a REAL shitty team.

the best way to level up while playing multiplayer is as much as i hate to say is find a few friends and go jason hunting

That sucks. Never had the game crash on me while playing bots. If your game stays stable you could see if you can get a friend to play a private match with you. If they're down to let you play as Jason and just kill them immediately. Than repeat. If you smash a box, have them step in a trap, and you use an environmental kill you'll knock out 1,000 every 2 to 3 minutes. 

A noble goal.  Best of luck to you, sir.

If you want company on your journey and you're on PS4, I'll power level with you (if the NBA Finals aren't on).

48 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Honestly to get to 100 was not hard had all.  Altho I will say, after 100 it seems to get much harder.  I luckily only had 4 ranks to go to get to 113 and it took me the weekend and some bot spamming.  But if you play well, it shouldn't take long.  If you're using quick play, fuck everyone else... use Deb or Chappa, and get as much shit as you can get done by yourself so you can leave.  Don't bother helping the 'team' as Chad or Adam.  I was using random people but after getting fuck over and not escaping I just mained Deb and its relatively easy to get away unless you have a REAL shitty team.

Post 101, it jumps up from requiring 10k exp to rank up to 15k.

20 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

A noble goal.  Best of luck to you, sir.

If you want company on your journey and you're on PS4, I'll power level with you (if the NBA Finals aren't on).

I don't pay for PS+.

Anyway.

End of day rank: 78

Ranks to go: 35

50 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Ahh ok, it felt like at the end near 100 it was only a few games to rank.  I thought it always grew level to level, not a set amount.

Yeah it's a pain in the butt. 

Remember, 101 was intended to be the END GAME rank. They bumped it to 150 and filled it with fluff (clothes, skins) for the people who maxed it out and slowed the progress down.

Had Weapon Swap come out the DAY they bumped the roof to 150, there would likely be less griping..

End of day rank: 80

Ranks to go: 33

Bit more fun with the Part 2 kill pack having come out. Been using him for ensuring I get the trapper bonus, though I found I can still get 3 by-hand kills and still break 1k if I environment kill everyone else.

Forgot to make this one yesterday:

June 3rd

End of day rank: 81

Ranks to go: 32

Game crashed once when I used Part 8 to boil a counselor's face in a pot, but it thankfully didn't ruin the rest of my work.