June 4th

Wow, the double EXP week is going to help me shave off a fair few numbers on this. I'll have to milk it as much as possible, and i'll be quite honest, actually seeing somewhat significant gain on the EXP bar after every bot match is very pleasing and encourages me to keep going.

End of day rank: 84

Ranks to go: 29

With any luck, I may reach rank 100/101 before the exp bonus expires. I'll have to push for more than 3 ranks a day through this week.

Okay, double update because I skipped a day:

June 5th

End of Day rank: 87

Ranks to go: 26

Now

June 6th

End of Day Rank: 90

Ranks to go: 23

The Exp is helping and I'm almost at 100, but the problem is another 13 levels AFTER that. Still, this is a Rank-A-Day challenge. I'll only fail if I don't get at least 1 rank per day.

June 7th

End of Day Rank: 93

Ranks to go: 20

I was set to do a lot more this day, but [LIFE] happened and ate up 3 of the hours I was going to use.

That said, if my strategy of at least 1 a day works, I'll have weapon swapping by the 28th of this month... Still an obscene distance, though I guess on the bright side, everything I care about will be unlocked at that point.

• Sad 1

June 8th

End of Day Rank: 94

Ranks to go: 19

The EXP boost stopped midway through my first level and progress became nearly insurmountable.

June 9th

End of Day Rank: 94 Challenge FAILED FOR THE DAY

Ranks to go: 19 Date pushed back to June 29th

Family stopped by and while playing around in the game was involved, the amount of time shared doing [LIFE] and no EXP boost resulted in only 3/4 of a bar full of EXP before I required sleep.

Keep it up man, you'll get there soon enough. Just try not to burn yourself out. It would suck for you to put in all that work then get bored once you unlock it lol

3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

June 8th

End of Day Rank: 94

Ranks to go: 19

The EXP boost stopped midway through my first level and progress became nearly insurmountable.

June 9th

End of Day Rank: 94 Challenge FAILED FOR THE DAY

Ranks to go: 19 Date pushed back to June 29th

Family stopped by and while playing around in the game was involved, the amount of time shared doing [LIFE] and no EXP boost resulted in only 3/4 of a bar full of EXP before I required sleep.

I did the exact same thing to get to 101 and then 150. Chipping away at it one match at a time. I have a fifty hour work week so playtime is hard to find sometimes. So when they announced that weapon swapping was going to be a high level ability I was fine with it because if I could do it anyone really can because most people have more time then I do to play. It also made me feel good about all those times I could have left the lobby after getting killed but stuck it out. 

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I did the exact same thing to get to 101 and then 150. Chipping away at it one match at a time. I have a fifty hour work week so playtime is hard to find sometimes. So when they announced that weapon swapping was going to be a high level ability I was fine with it because if I could do it anyone really can because most people have more time then I do to play. It also made me feel good about all those times I could have left the lobby after getting killed but stuck it out. 

Yeah. It's painful and you really feel the grind for this bonus due to the 44-108 emptiness that is in place.

End of day Rank: 95

Ranks to go: 18

Finished off the rank I had to go the previous day and did a little more to make the bar look a little less empty.

I'm feeling no satisfaction and I'm quite heavily feeling the grind. I've pondered putting it off until the next EXP bonus, but I don't believe we;ll get one until July 13th, and even then, just for the weekend, so even if I keep at this slow rate and succeed at just 1 rank a day, I'll reach 113.

On the bright side, any Jason will be able to use any weapon at that point and I should be leveled far enough to have anything I want instantly unlocked.

Well, as of June 11th and the news of a legal lockout of any progress, I've put my challenge on the same sort of hold. 

With the threat of the game being dead on the ownership side, thus rendering the profile level to 0 and only Part 3 and Part 5 Jasons playable (and savini if applicable), I have no reason to bash myself over the head to get to a rank that will likely mean nothing.

Unless they make the level gain separate from the server side and saved per profile, my "offline only" copy is in danger of being nullified completely and this task moot.

@Daneasaur just go back to playing for fun. Can't say I blame you for postponing it, but you could still get there casually. 

3 hours ago, Truth said:

@Daneasaur just go back to playing for fun. Can't say I blame you for postponing it, but you could still get there casually. 

Yeah, it'll be more passive. Not gonna grind mindlessly, just playing for an expanse of time.

I just really hope they make the whole rank thing tied onto the system and not on a cloud. Sometimes my net takes a dump and I don't want to lose what I worked to earn.

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

I just really hope they make the whole rank thing tied onto the system and not on a cloud. Sometimes my net takes a dump and I don't want to lose what I worked to earn.

Totally understandable. I don't think this is the end, but I'm sure they'll make that happen once we reach it.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Totally understandable. I don't think this is the end, but I'm sure they'll make that happen once we reach it.

Yeah. Hopefully this won't lock down the other progress for too long, but this could hopefully get us the patches we've needed.

June 16

End of Day rank: 99

Ranks to go: 14

I had left it about two matches from ranking up into rank 98, but upon ranking up, 98 seemed to go VERY fast. There is no EXP boost, but I took advantage of it and ranked up again, reaching 99. I went for another round after that, scoring 1300, but it wasn't as large of a gain, so I paused there for now.

I'll be glad when it drops into the single digits, but an EXP event would REALLY be nice about now.

June 17th

End of Day Rank: 101

Ranks to go: 12

I don't know what's happened but I somehow am punching out two ranks a day... is it that I smell victory is just a small step away? Or am I afraid of an impending doom? Time will tell. If I keep up 2 ranks a day, it looks like I'll get weapon swap on the 23rd...