Jump to content

Recommended Posts

June 4th

Wow, the double EXP week is going to help me shave off a fair few numbers on this. I'll have to milk it as much as possible, and i'll be quite honest, actually seeing somewhat significant gain on the EXP bar after every bot match is very pleasing and encourages me to keep going.

End of day rank: 84

Ranks to go: 29

With any luck, I may reach rank 100/101 before the exp bonus expires. I'll have to push for more than 3 ranks a day through this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, double update because I skipped a day:

June 5th

End of Day rank: 87

 Ranks to go: 26

Now

June 6th

End of Day Rank: 90

Ranks to go: 23

The Exp is helping and I'm almost at 100, but the problem is another 13 levels AFTER that. Still, this is a Rank-A-Day challenge. I'll only fail if I don't get at least 1 rank per day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 7th

End of Day Rank: 93

Ranks to go: 20

I was set to do a lot more this day, but [LIFE] happened and ate up 3 of the hours I was going to use.

That said, if my strategy of at least 1 a day works, I'll have weapon swapping by the 28th of this month... Still an obscene distance, though I guess on the bright side, everything I care about will be unlocked at that point.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 8th

End of Day Rank: 94

Ranks to go: 19

The EXP boost stopped midway through my first level and progress became nearly insurmountable.

June 9th

End of Day Rank: 94 Challenge FAILED FOR THE DAY

Ranks to go: 19 Date pushed back to June 29th

Family stopped by and while playing around in the game was involved, the amount of time shared doing [LIFE] and no EXP boost resulted in only 3/4 of a bar full of EXP before I required sleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it up man, you'll get there soon enough. Just try not to burn yourself out. It would suck for you to put in all that work then get bored once you unlock it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

June 8th

End of Day Rank: 94

Ranks to go: 19

The EXP boost stopped midway through my first level and progress became nearly insurmountable.

June 9th

End of Day Rank: 94 Challenge FAILED FOR THE DAY

Ranks to go: 19 Date pushed back to June 29th

Family stopped by and while playing around in the game was involved, the amount of time shared doing [LIFE] and no EXP boost resulted in only 3/4 of a bar full of EXP before I required sleep.

I did the exact same thing to get to 101 and then 150. Chipping away at it one match at a time. I have a fifty hour work week so playtime is hard to find sometimes. So when they announced that weapon swapping was going to be a high level ability I was fine with it because if I could do it anyone really can because most people have more time then I do to play. It also made me feel good about all those times I could have left the lobby after getting killed but stuck it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I did the exact same thing to get to 101 and then 150. Chipping away at it one match at a time. I have a fifty hour work week so playtime is hard to find sometimes. So when they announced that weapon swapping was going to be a high level ability I was fine with it because if I could do it anyone really can because most people have more time then I do to play. It also made me feel good about all those times I could have left the lobby after getting killed but stuck it out. 

Yeah. It's painful and you really feel the grind for this bonus due to the 44-108 emptiness that is in place.

End of day Rank: 95

Ranks to go: 18

Finished off the rank I had to go the previous day and did a little more to make the bar look a little less empty.

I'm feeling no satisfaction and I'm quite heavily feeling the grind. I've pondered putting it off until the next EXP bonus, but I don't believe we;ll get one until July 13th, and even then, just for the weekend, so even if I keep at this slow rate and succeed at just 1 rank a day, I'll reach 113.

On the bright side, any Jason will be able to use any weapon at that point and I should be leveled far enough to have anything I want instantly unlocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, as of June 11th and the news of a legal lockout of any progress, I've put my challenge on the same sort of hold. 

With the threat of the game being dead on the ownership side, thus rendering the profile level to 0 and only Part 3 and Part 5 Jasons playable (and savini if applicable), I have no reason to bash myself over the head to get to a rank that will likely mean nothing.

Unless they make the level gain separate from the server side and saved per profile, my "offline only" copy is in danger of being nullified completely and this task moot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Daneasaur just go back to playing for fun. Can't say I blame you for postponing it, but you could still get there casually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truth said:

@Daneasaur just go back to playing for fun. Can't say I blame you for postponing it, but you could still get there casually. 

Yeah, it'll be more passive. Not gonna grind mindlessly, just playing for an expanse of time.

I just really hope they make the whole rank thing tied onto the system and not on a cloud. Sometimes my net takes a dump and I don't want to lose what I worked to earn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

I just really hope they make the whole rank thing tied onto the system and not on a cloud. Sometimes my net takes a dump and I don't want to lose what I worked to earn.

Totally understandable. I don't think this is the end, but I'm sure they'll make that happen once we reach it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truth said:

Totally understandable. I don't think this is the end, but I'm sure they'll make that happen once we reach it.

Yeah. Hopefully this won't lock down the other progress for too long, but this could hopefully get us the patches we've needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 16

End of Day rank: 99

Ranks to go: 14

I had left it about two matches from ranking up into rank 98, but upon ranking up, 98 seemed to go VERY fast. There is no EXP boost, but I took advantage of it and ranked up again, reaching 99. I went for another round after that, scoring 1300, but it wasn't as large of a gain, so I paused there for now.

I'll be glad when it drops into the single digits, but an EXP event would REALLY be nice about now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 17th

End of Day Rank: 101

Ranks to go: 12

I don't know what's happened but I somehow am punching out two ranks a day... is it that I smell victory is just a small step away? Or am I afraid of an impending doom? Time will tell. If I keep up 2 ranks a day, it looks like I'll get weapon swap on the 23rd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 18th

End of Day Rank: 105

Ranks to go: 8

Foregoing sleep, I was able to grind severely. I found a great trial as 101 to 102 seemed to take the 15k exp to get up as I feared, but then 102 to 103 seemed to only cost around 8k. Taking the occasional food break and the occasional non-optimal scoring and non-perfected round, I have rank 105 nearly finished with roughly 1/4th of a bar left before I rank up again.

In the meantime, I discovered Buggzy is, in fact, a bug.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Almost there...
  19 days in and 8 levels to go... It looks like you are going to you will easily beat your goal of July 5th. At this rate, you will have it by next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ahab said:

   Almost there...
  19 days in and 8 levels to go... It looks like you are going to you will easily beat your goal of July 5th. At this rate, you will have it by next weekend.

It sure looks like it, thank you. It helps that I have no other titles on my list at the moment.

July 1st is my birthday, though the only game I want at the time won't be out (in physical release) until around July 5th, which is amusing. 

An EXP boost event would be nice, though on the bright side, I'll get to 108 fairly soon and I'll have the rugby kill which could help numb the last 5 ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

It sure looks like it, thank you. It helps that I have no other titles on my list at the moment.

July 1st is my birthday, though the only game I want at the time won't be out (in physical release) until around July 5th, which is amusing. 

An EXP boost event would be nice, though on the bright side, I'll get to 108 fairly soon and I'll have the rugby kill which could help numb the last 5 ranks.

   If your luck is anything like mine... the next double XP event will start within an hour of you getting to level 113. 
   That head butt kill is a good one. Disarm unlocks at 118, but I think that one looks weird when the arms just ragdoll. It would be better if Jason beat them down with their arms after he pulled them off.
   In case I forget... I will say it now.... Happy Birthday!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ahab said:

   If your luck is anything like mine... the next double XP event will start within an hour of you getting to level 113. 
   That head butt kill is a good one. Disarm unlocks at 118, but I think that one looks weird when the arms just ragdoll. It would be better if Jason beat them down with their arms after he pulled them off.
   In case I forget... I will say it now.... Happy Birthday!! 

Thankya!

I like the brutal strength of the Disarm kill, though yes, it's a shame he doesn't pull them cleanly away then toss them aside, as opposed to giving a tug and then the ragdoll takes over and the arms just flop to the ground or suction into the body or other weird stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ahab said:

   If your luck is anything like mine... the next double XP event will start within an hour of you getting to level 113. 
   That head butt kill is a good one. Disarm unlocks at 118, but I think that one looks weird when the arms just ragdoll. It would be better if Jason beat them down with their arms after he pulled them off.

 

9 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

I like the brutal strength of the Disarm kill, though yes, it's a shame he doesn't pull them cleanly away then toss them aside, as opposed to giving a tug and then the ragdoll takes over and the arms just flop to the ground or suction into the body or other weird stuff.

Yeah , they already had that Idea with punching the counselor with their own arm but Jason can´t use a ripped off limb as an object anymore (he just can´t hold it then anymore for some reason).

It often Ends Pretty funny though , if the arms get stuck in the Ground..... There was that one time , where the arms ….''moved'' (while they were stuck in the Ground) down the hill but they moved really abnormal (spastically) but it actually looked like they were waving. It was freaking hilarious!

And also I now secretely help a friend of mine to get to Level 113 or higher…………………...I just realised how tedious that is…………….I am Level 65 Right now…...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

 

Yeah , they already had that Idea with punching the counselor with their own arm but Jason can´t use a ripped off limb as an object anymore (he just can´t hold it then anymore for some reason).

It often Ends Pretty funny though , if the arms get stuck in the Ground..... There was that one time , where the arms ….''moved'' (while they were stuck in the Ground) down the hill but they moved really abnormal (spastically) but it actually looked like they were waving. It was freaking hilarious!

And also I now secretely help a friend of mine to get to Level 113 or higher…………………...I just realised how tedious that is…………….I am Level 65 Right now…...

Yep. 

I do recall this one glitch where Jason could kill someone in the water with the lake grab, but the animation cancels, even if it gives the 100 for the kill and 50 for environment kill, and you get the bonus every time you press the button, so the counselor just hangs tight while jason mashes the button and gets boatloads of EXP. It had something to do with the counselor being near the boat by the doc. i don't know if it was patched yet.

Sadly I didn't get any play time on the 19th so I'm still at 105

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 2:22 AM, Daneasaur said:

It sure looks like it, thank you. It helps that I have no other titles on my list at the moment.

July 1st is my birthday, though the only game I want at the time won't be out (in physical release) until around July 5th, which is amusing. 

An EXP boost event would be nice, though on the bright side, I'll get to 108 fairly soon and I'll have the rugby kill which could help numb the last 5 ranks.

I tried matching your challenge, and all I can say is, you're a better man than I am.  I just can't do it.  Between folks dropping out of games, the tedium of offline bots, and the general malaise this game is going through at the moment, I find it difficult to muster not only the time (even under optimal conditions, an entire level takes a large time investment on a daily basis), but the enthusiasm as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I tried matching your challenge, and all I can say is, you're a better man than I am.  I just can't do it.  Between folks dropping out of games, the tedium of offline bots, and the general malaise this game is going through at the moment, I find it difficult to muster not only the time (even under optimal conditions, an entire level takes a large time investment on a daily basis), but the enthusiasm as well.  

I've been doing strictly bots as a single round will net around 1k without fuss. But yeah, the tedium is real and it's not for those with a weak constitution.

June 20th

End of day Rank: 108

Ranks to go: 5

I played a bit before bed, finished my travel from 105 to 106 and then went to 107. A bout of insomnia pestered me so I went for another rank up and hit 108 before going to bed.

It's within my grasp... with any luck, I'll have the swap by the weekend.

It's ironic; what is causing such a problem for me is the lack of changing things up. Mainly in the kills as when you remember where the bots are and how they react, you will basically grab them and kill them in roughly the same spots (windows, the curb stop at a wall, etc). I've gotten to the point that I will kill 2 or 3 with the on-hand kills, just for a change of pace. I've also taken to just slashing Tommy to death to avoid the pocket knife as him showing up will basically ensure I have the 1k score for the round.

But yes, doing 10 rounds in a row, even if it's only 8 minutes, is still 80 minutes doing nothing but murdering bots. Gotta change SOMETHING up now and then.

Like going to Pinehurst and finding out Vanessa is full of Monster energy drink.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 21st

End of Day Rank: 109

Ranks to go: 4

I'm now 100% convinced the 113 limit was put there on purpose to falsely bloat the number of players before they just shut the game off.

I feel no joy. I feel no happiness. I feel nothing but a seething rage. A rage, contained, by the faint hope that Uber Jason will be unlocked and that this.... waste of my life in grinding like this will be retained by my rank being saved to my system, not the cloud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to do this challenge, but after getting to around 100 it just wasn't practical... so I settled on 3 a week until I hit 150.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×