CuttinTail

Suicide Should Give You Salt

No. Sometimes you need to suicide if there are teamers, or someone trying to run everybody over with the car. 

Normally, one would just quit the match but now with the Mines our options are too limited. Taking away suicide is not worth the risk. I say give Jason XP and the kill when someone suicide.......but they have to be in close enough proximity to Jason otherwise it seems a little too much.

Maybe XP and no kill, because it's not technically a kill.  

• Like 5

No. I don't like to rage quit but I hate teamers. If I'm in a round with teamers I will try to notify everyone I can so we can band together and keep each other safe until we escape. I don't like to rage quit. But if escape is not possible I will suicide. I refuse to give a teamer XP for killing me if he had to have a counselor lead him to me or block me so he could kill me. Same thing if someone is trying to run people over. But that's only if escape is not possible.

• Like 1

People are always salty after suicide. Lol. Seriously though you should consider it a compliment that they didn't feel confident enough in their skill to keep playing.

Suicide should count as a kill, because I don't think Jason would be disappointed that someone jumped out a window and died instead of being thrown out and dying, but I don't think you should get salt because you died by climbing out a window.

i dont think suicide should get you salt or give jason xp because of the teamer aspect everyone mentions. sunday night ran into 3 teamers once lobby caught on the next round we all suicide and the teamers got mad cuz their buddy jason wasnt goin to get xp so they let him kill one of them the other escaped they talked shit in lobby and said lobby was boring and left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to mention sometimes the suicide is accidental as well. Ever jump out of a 2nd story window forgetting you were barely hurt and instant die? Yeah that's happened to me a few times I thought I would survive the drop but nope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kill count for Jason. Yeah. Still no clue how to stop "i am not Jason" leavers tough. If you can suicide at start, you still weaken the team. Yes, there should be a new system with the tickets for Jason and all, but looking at the update, i somehow doubt that this is working flawless.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Kill count for Jason. Yeah. Still no clue how to stop "i am not Jason" leavers tough. If you can suicide at start, you still weaken the team. Yes, there should be a new system with the tickets for Jason and all, but looking at the update, i somehow doubt that this is working flawless.

Mmmm I don't think suicide should earn salt, I have not encountered that too much, it's mostly new players who don't realize that climbing in and out of broken windows away from Jason damage you each and every single time. ;) As far as players leaving games early because they aren't Jason, or whatever reasons, they'll get salt and I think there should be a means to refill players who leave too early. Like say Johnny Salty left because he wasn't Jason, so now the the team is weakened because there is one less body, I think during the first minute or so players should still be able to queue into active matches that have the room. This may not be the best fix, but maybe it'll encourage players to stick around and play if they find themselves dropped into the first minute of a match. But what if Jason spawn kills said player before they even get in? Give them an immunity timer to account for lag. But Jason will just wait it out. Yeah, maybe, but he won't have sense yet so he shouldn't be able to see them unless he is physically near them. I'm just spitballing, I know it's not perfect lol

@pApA^LeGBa I'm aware. But the salt for suicide is the topic of the thread, I was just throwing my two cents in, I was more referring to your "I am not Jason" leavers post. It's early in the morning, so I didn't bother to edit your quote since your opinion on the kill count was 4 words. As for that, sure, I'm fine with suicides counting towards the kill count but no XP since he didn't kill them himself. "Gave in to Fear" or something lol

EDIT: I almost wish there was an option for counselors who foolishly build their fear up to the point where they just kill themselves with pocket knives (not the ones found in the map). Maybe this will deter trolls who stick around by Jason's side, while their counselors freak out and succumb to the fear and they die. Like if you have the rifle, and your fear is at maximum overdrive, and then your counselor goes into animation to aim the rifle under their chin and BLAM! WTF DID MY GUY JUST DO?!?! Those would give Jason his XP and kill counts. I can see how it would be abused which I why say I ALMOST wish it was a thing.

*Some Ahole put a Trap near the Window inside a Cabin, I an Injured Counselor is trying to get it, I end up in the trap and die*

Although I'm not sure if This also Counts as Suicide or as Being Betrayed, Similar things can be played out, And Some people commit suicide because of Trolls or Teamers.

How everyone in this thread is acting towards players who suicide:

mlfw2074-mad.gif?raw=1

If your not good enough to kill them before they kill themselves, then you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Besides,  If I want to fuck Jason out of a kill because as a counselor he trolled me for 10+ minuets to troll them back, I should be able to do so.

• Thanks 3

I agree with this somewhat, like others said give jason the xp because they didnt survive but maybe dont count it as a kill. Maybe add an achievement for too many suicides lol!

I killed myself the other day trying to get just the right trap placement outside a cabin door. Also sometimes the my character just dives through closed windows when i give E just the slightest of taps.

22 minutes ago, deathsia said:

How everyone in this thread is acting towards players who suicide:

mlfw2074-mad.gif?raw=1

If your not good enough to kill them before they kill themselves, then you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Besides,  If I want to fuck Jason out of a kill because as a counselor he trolled me for 10+ minuets to troll them back, I should be able to do so.

i also don´t like people who suicide at start when i am counselor. effin cowards.

Giving Jason the kill makes perfect sense, but giving that player "salt points" is a bad idea. Sometimes players HAVE to suicide to get around the many bugs in the game, not to mention I have accidentally killed myself climbing through a broken window before. I miscounted how many times I had been hit. No one deserves bad matchmaking just because they make a mistake or are bad at the game. 

Let it count towards the kill count, but not Salt accumulation. Plenty of people accidentally suicide not realizing how damaged they are and attempting a broken window escape, or trying to get out of a window that's just a BIT too high up. Shouldn't send them to hellworld for panic or a misunderstanding in regards to their hit points. This goes especially for newer players. I don't think it'd be a good player retention tactic to send newbies who don't understand all the mechanics and slice themselves to death on a window to the dumpster queue. 

8 hours ago, CuttinTail said:

Players you commit suicide in game should be given salt. Or it should at least be counted as a kill.

8 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

This is a great idea! 

Totally disagree. YES, it should count toward Jason's kill count, but NOT as salt! 

I have never intentionally killed myself in a multiplayer match. But I've died plenty of times by "suicide." 

You're telling me if Jason slashes you to a limping state, then you die by trying to escape out of the only window (broken), THAT should earn salt??

You did nothing to earn it except try to stay alive! WHICH IS WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO!

However, if you have a HUGE number of suicides -- say, 30 within a 30 day period -- I could see it earning salt. Then it's becoming more of an intentional trend. 

But NOT from the get-go. No way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Not salt. Most times it’s by mistake. But should definitely be counted as a kill. 

exactly

6 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

No. But suicides should count towards Jason's kill count.

5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Kill count for Jason

definitely