Let me start by saying, i know weapon swaping is stupidly high, but with it added jason no longer has real variety. It use to be i chose a jason bc of his weapon/skin. I know each jason has good/bad perks like cooldown timers mainly, but to me it doesnt matter, moving faster or slower in water is not that important as 1st of all ppl dont swim or repair the boat much, 85% of the time its cops/cars, and waiting out the timer. The only real variety anymore is kinda P3 an P4 jason bc they run. Every other jason just feels like a skin, not a unique Jason anymore. I know it probably wont happen but i'd like to see a revamp jason, for new abilities, i dont have any ideas except maybe giving P9 jason his lil demon worm thing to take over a dead counselor. Savini jason might have a lil variety bc hes the only 1 who can use the pitchfork as far as im aware. Counselors have more uniqueness but not a ton tbh but imo more than jason now.

• Like 1

Now I can use the part 7 kill pack dlc without being forced to play as part 7.

Weapon swapping is great. Savini Jason's pitchfork feels slow at breaking doors down. Not great for combat either.

I enjoy using the machete now. Faster animations for breaking doors quickly. Combat stance can help destroy doors faster too.

• Like 2

It's added to the depth for me. Each Jason still has his strengths/weaknesses. Being able to change weapons only makes him more true to form since he uses a variety in each film.

I disagree with the OP, with weapon swappimg I finally was able to play as Roy without having to look at those ridiculous scissors. He's actually one of my favorites now. I can also play part 6 on the water maps where before I would play part 8 because I didn't want to deal with that useless spear.

So for me at least I am finding more variety than ever because I'm getting to play Jasons I didn't like before.

I don’t mind that at all, that sort of thing is a not a problem for me honestly. I actually love the weapon swap and think it’s one of the best things they’ve ever added to the game. If anything, it gave the game a huge breath of fresh air. Besides, I’m sure they will add more stuff to the game to always keep it interesting.

25 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I disagree with the OP, with weapon swappimg I finally was able to play as Roy without having to look at those ridiculous scissors. He's actually one of my favorites now. I can also play part 6 on the water maps where before I would play part 8 because I didn't want to deal with that useless spear.

So for me at least I am finding more variety than ever because I'm getting to play Jasons I didn't like before.

Exactly. How can adding more variety reduce variety? Some people that post on this forum kill me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Exactly. How can adding more variety reduce variety? Some people that post on this forum kill me.

I never said that.

I agree with @GhostWolfViking, I love that I can use my Kill Packs with different Jasons now as they're tied to the weapon, not the Jason.

I hope with weapon swapping the devs now develop unique weapons that can be bought and aren't tied to any particular Jason with unique abilities, like: A double-sided axe, scythe, Uber Jason's nanite-enhanced machete (or the surgical knife from Jason X, whichever they don't give to Uber Jason when he's added), just to name a few options. I'd definitely be down for purchasing a "weapon pack".

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Mixing up Jasons and weapons is totally destroying any kind of variety that was there. Unless you use the actual definition of "variety."

• Haha 2

Weapon swapping adds more variety though...what are you on about?

Now if you are of the proper level, you can switch up both your weapons and kills every round, leading to things being a bit more interesting. Only way I see variety being lost is if you decide to set the same weapon to every one of your Jasons, which is pretty stupid and I doubt most people would ever do that.

27 minutes ago, al1ve said:

Weapon swapping adds more variety though...what are you on aboutÔĽŅ?

Maybe he's confusing "variety" with "uniqueness".

Weapons were one thing that really helped define a Jason and I can kinda feel the shift a little.

But still, all u have to do is keep a different weapon on each one. 

I have the machete on 4 Jasons (3, 5, 6 & 9) and I split the 6 kills between them.

2's got the spear (which is much better now), 7 got the Part 3 ax, and 4 & 8 are default.

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Agreed. I feel the same way when they complain Hard bots are hard to kill. I would do a facepalm but I may knock myself out. 

• Like 1

I didn't really feel much difference at first. I played a bit with part 7 rocking the pig splitter. It's actually kinda terrifying to watch him walking around with it.

variety as in Jason is mainly a skin now, don't get me wrong i love the weapon swapping idea even tho i'm not there yet, but now "Jason" has nothing to sway a decision to play 1 or another, except p3 an p4 bc they run an the weakness/strengths do not really change alot besides the timers or speed of water/evil dead fly camera, its not unique to each bc every Jason has the same 4 abilities and the weapons were what set them apart you no longer play Jason you play the weapon an that's what i'm referring to, Jason is now just a skin instead of a unique version, im sure it wont be long til we see only part 3 or part 4 bc they run, i hope something makes each Jason unique again.

Nope, not at all. Now I can use my favorite weapon’s, on any Jason! :D 

4 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I can't wait to weapon swap. At level 50 currently and I can honestly say I fucking despise the spear. The rest of the weapons are alright.

Man, the spear gets no love.  I love slowly placing a foolish, horny, counselor's head on the spear I placed into the dirt like a human shish kebab. Personally, it's one of the more disturbing kill sequences in the game. Yeah, it's slow, and yeah it won't break down doors faster unless you swap it to a Jason with better weapon destruction, but it's a cool weapon. #spearneedslove

11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

If there is something that works way better than the rest people will use that most. called meta. and can get boring. Not sure yet if this is the case here, tough.

They should've given part 4 the machete, part 5 the pig splitter since he uses a cleaver too, and part 7 that brush hook that he used on Tina's mother.  All the rest fit.

"Hey Kane, we understand you've played Jason for half of the franchise's original life, but can you not be yourself in how you act as Jason for every Jason except Part 7? Gotta make the Jasons feel unique despite being the same person with a different skin, and we're not going to spend money hiring other big men to play Jason."

Fucking hell.

On 5/30/2018 at 1:02 AM, DeadlyD said:

variety as in Jason is mainly a skin now, don't get me wrong i love the weapon swapping idea even tho i'm not there yet, but now "Jason" has nothing to sway a decision to play 1 or another, except p3 an p4 bc they run an the weakness/strengths do not really change alot besides the timers or speed of water/evil dead fly camera, its not unique to each bc every Jason has the same 4 abilities and the weapons were what set them apart you no longer play Jason you play the weapon an that's what i'm referring to, Jason is now just a skin instead of a unique version, im sure it wont be long til we see only part 3 or part 4 bc they run, i hope something makes each Jason unique again.

I'm a little lost here... Each Jason has his own unique set of strengths and weaknesses. That doesn't change with weapon swap. 2,3,5,6, and 7 still don't take a door down like 4,8 and Savini, regardless of what weapon they have. The only real thing weapon swap does is allow me to main my favorite Jason without having to repeat the same kills over and over again. If it was up to me, I'd have a random weapon setting for even more kill variety...

Jason could benefit from having perks such as : reusable/moveable traps, grabbing through windows, blocking doors/windows with corpses, throwing his main weapon, speed burst, 1 or 2 lethal throwing knives, playing dead, disarming counselors, using bear traps, make counselors have visions of jason when hes not there, blanketing an area of the map in dense fog, being able to drown someone in the lake when hes elsewhere, snare traps that hang counselors upside down and require a pocket knife to escape from and a chance to ignore stuns when facing multiple counselors