Jump to content

Recommended Posts

    Just bought Part 2 kill pack in the steam store (its not on the DLC list yet and had to do a search to find it) and tried a game of offline bots to check it out on Higgins large map with kills equipped on Part 2 Jason. Killed Kenny in main house by the stairs with the stomp his head into the pickaxe kill (can't remember the proper name of it) and the game crashed with a "fatal security error" almost immediately after the kill. The error message flashed by pretty quick so I couldn't get a screenshot, but it was followed by "0001"... not sure if it was only three zeros or if it was more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShiftySamurai while you guys are at it, mind fixing Roy’s Shift? Recharge rate was fixed, but Shift duration is still minus. I don’t understand how it can be hard to copy paste code correctly tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if others on here have had this happen before the patch or after it was implemented but it is the first i have encountered this. I have reported it to JasonKillsBugs but thought i would share it on here. I also added a small clip of a song over it as it makes it funny.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 -  SP challenge 7:  Bug of Kenny stuck run in the rock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 1:09 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

leads me to believe the sense avoidance may not be working as intended either.

I could be wrong, but based on my matches they are still working. I've had Jason morph to me and leave without inspecting several times since the patch. Doesn't confirm, but it implies.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:49 AM, Tommy86 said:

@ShiftySamurai while you guys are at it, mind fixing Roy’s Shift? Recharge rate was fixed, but Shift duration is still minus. I don’t understand how it can be hard to copy paste code correctly tbh.

I think that was intentional since he's not Jason. It doesn't last a long, but it lasts longer than a -shift (based on @Alkavian's calculations).

@Official_Adam_W that's funny as fuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Not sure if others on here have had this happen before the patch or after it was implemented but it is the first i have encountered this. I have reported it to JasonKillsBugs but thought i would share it on here. I also added a small clip of a song over it as it makes it funny.

 

So hanging corpses/hiding bodies as Jason confirmed for the bug patch? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Truth said:

I could be wrong, but based on my matches they are still working. I've had Jason morph to me and leave without inspecting several times since the patch. Doesn't confirm, but it implies.

@Alkavian

@Official_Adam_W

Ok, thanks for that info.  I'd like to do some testing on it but it will have to wait.  I know the crouched speed is off.  Also....mobile version would not let me delete the two users.  That's why they are still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to offer this video as evidence for a balance update, as well as stability.

1. I played as Savini Jason on Packanack small. Every time I tried to throw a knife, the screen would flip out and screw up my aim. Could not aim worth a shit. I also certainly seems like the throwing knife range is drastically reduced. Looks like the knives barely go 20ft  if you aim perfectly horizontal.

2. There were practically no extra throwing knives to collect. I may have grabbed a total of 4 extra knives, not including what you start with and what is in Jason's shack. Could not find enough to handle the kill squad.

3. Once 2 or more counselors gather together, there is literally NOTHING Jason can do to stop them from treating him like a punching bag. As you will notice, every time an attack lands while I block, Jason's block drops and I have to let go of block and click it again to re-block. Jason's block should just stay up for as long as he's holding it.

4. There is a MASSIVE(seems massive) delay between releasing the block button and being able to attack again. It certainly feels like a full 2 seconds. That is way too long. Jason is unable to counterattack against even one opponent. In the time it takes for you to release block, wait for the cooldown to be over, then finally be able to attack again, that is time enough to get hit multiple times by the same person. Against 2 or more people it guarantees getting demasked really, REALLY quick.

5. I did what I could but ultimately the instability of the engine and the terrible balance design forced me to allow everyone to survive. Had I risked attacking the group, I would have surely died. Jason is literally helpless against groups. There is absolutely nothing he can do against more than 1 person.

6. The grab is super awkward. It misses a lot. I recommend some kind of aim-assist to magnetize Jason towards a nearby counselor within a general direction. The radius looks like it needs to be widened too. Also please allow for Jason to turn while grabbing. Maybe not spin in a 360 but veer 30 degrees left or right after the grab "fires" after you press the grab button.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would like to offer this video as evidence for a balance update, as well as stability.

1. I played as Savini Jason on Packanack small. Every time I tried to throw a knife, the screen would flip out and screw up my aim. Could not aim worth a shit. I also certainly seems like the throwing knife range is drastically reduced. Looks like the knives barely go 20ft  if you aim perfectly horizontal.

2. There were practically no extra throwing knives to collect. I may have grabbed a total of 4 extra knives, not including what you start with and what is in Jason's shack. Could not find enough to handle the kill squad.

3. Once 2 or more counselors gather together, there is literally NOTHING Jason can do to stop them from treating him like a punching bag. As you will notice, every time an attack lands while I block, Jason's block drops and I have to let go of block and click it again to re-block. Jason's block should just stay up for as long as he's holding it.

4. There is a MASSIVE(seems massive) delay between releasing the block button and being able to attack again. It certainly feels like a full 2 seconds. That is way too long. Jason is unable to counterattack against even one opponent. In the time it takes for you to release block, wait for the cooldown to be over, then finally be able to attack again, that is time enough to get hit multiple times by the same person. Against 2 or more people it guarantees getting demasked really, REALLY quick.

5. I did what I could but ultimately the instability of the engine and the terrible balance design forced me to allow everyone to survive. Had I risked attacking the group, I would have surely died. Jason is literally helpless against groups. There is absolutely nothing he can do against more than 1 person.

6. The grab is super awkward. It misses a lot. I recommend some kind of aim-assist to magnetize Jason towards a nearby counselor within a general direction. The radius looks like it needs to be widened too. Also please allow for Jason to turn while grabbing. Maybe not spin in a 360 but veer 30 degrees left or right after the grab "fires" after you press the grab button.

 

You forgot to add 7.

7. Packanack Small and the rest of the small maps hold the counselors hands, maybe even more than Jarvis/Pinehurst help Jason.

1. Counselors spawn so close

2. Always know where each other are basically

3. No boat, so bam water play gone

Solutions

1. Remove counselors from each other world maps and mini maps, force walkies, discord, twitch, steam communication

2. Add a boat to each small map, one fixed location to replace the yellow car. There is just enough room for a boat on each one, but the chase would be very short, but still...much more risk.

Oh and 8.

8. I'm sure the devs would lie about it, but I gotta say from what I was seeing. Killing Jason with no hunting groups is as much common as killing him with hunting parties. Needs to be tougher, needs to be more risk/reward. Not enough risk for counselors to do anything but other than troll/get close to Jason and go for it anyway, even with it being a one shot deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This health pack glitch is makin this game unplayable lol can’t wait till it is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, exye said:

This health pack glitch is makin this game unplayable lol can’t wait till it is fixed.

It sucks, but I wouldn't say it makes the game unplayable... It doesn't happen EVERY time, and you shouldn't have to use a spray in every match...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, BigShaunPolk said:

I like how shifty post that massive ass list and people are like "Is that it?" bwahahaha

I like how Shifty posts the massive list and subtlety mentions developers rushing content then people still ask... “when is Über Jason coming out?” SMH(laughing)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a wierd glitch where jason shifted right as i escaped on foot (he was in grabbing range) and the static overlay persisted while i was spectating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I just had a wierd glitch where jason shifted right as i escaped on foot (he was in grabbing range) and the static overlay persisted while i was spectating.

I had that happen once a long time ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 6:16 AM, tyrant666 said:

You forgot to add 7.

7. Packanack Small and the rest of the small maps hold the counselors hands, maybe even more than Jarvis/Pinehurst help Jason.

1. Counselors spawn so close

2. Always know where each other are basically

3. No boat, so bam water play gone

Solutions

1. Remove counselors from each other world maps and mini maps, force walkies, discord, twitch, steam communication

2. Add a boat to each small map, one fixed location to replace the yellow car. There is just enough room for a boat on each one, but the chase would be very short, but still...much more risk.

Oh and 8.

8. I'm sure the devs would lie about it, but I gotta say from what I was seeing. Killing Jason with no hunting groups is as much common as killing him with hunting parties. Needs to be tougher, needs to be more risk/reward. Not enough risk for counselors to do anything but other than troll/get close to Jason and go for it anyway, even with it being a one shot deal.

 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:04 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would like to offer this video as evidence for a balance update, as well as stability.

1. I played as Savini Jason on Packanack small. Every time I tried to throw a knife, the screen would flip out and screw up my aim. Could not aim worth a shit. I also certainly seems like the throwing knife range is drastically reduced. Looks like the knives barely go 20ft  if you aim perfectly horizontal.

2. There were practically no extra throwing knives to collect. I may have grabbed a total of 4 extra knives, not including what you start with and what is in Jason's shack. Could not find enough to handle the kill squad.

3. Once 2 or more counselors gather together, there is literally NOTHING Jason can do to stop them from treating him like a punching bag. As you will notice, every time an attack lands while I block, Jason's block drops and I have to let go of block and click it again to re-block. Jason's block should just stay up for as long as he's holding it.

4. There is a MASSIVE(seems massive) delay between releasing the block button and being able to attack again. It certainly feels like a full 2 seconds. That is way too long. Jason is unable to counterattack against even one opponent. In the time it takes for you to release block, wait for the cooldown to be over, then finally be able to attack again, that is time enough to get hit multiple times by the same person. Against 2 or more people it guarantees getting demasked really, REALLY quick.

5. I did what I could but ultimately the instability of the engine and the terrible balance design forced me to allow everyone to survive. Had I risked attacking the group, I would have surely died. Jason is literally helpless against groups. There is absolutely nothing he can do against more than 1 person.

6. The grab is super awkward. It misses a lot. I recommend some kind of aim-assist to magnetize Jason towards a nearby counselor within a general direction. The radius looks like it needs to be widened too. Also please allow for Jason to turn while grabbing. Maybe not spin in a 360 but veer 30 degrees left or right after the grab "fires" after you press the grab button.

 

on 5 you just have to be clever with how you do it, thats just great teaam work right there. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allen said:

 

on 5 you just have to be clever with how you do it, thats just great teaam work right there. :)

No, every time I tried to throw a knife the screen would judder, so knives were off the table. And against groups, I can't attack them because the time it takes to attack is time enough to get hit 3 times over. I can't block because every time I block an attack the block drops. He's designed to fail against groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No, every time I tried to throw a knife the screen would judder, so knives were off the table. And against groups, I can't attack them because the time it takes to attack is time enough to get hit 3 times over. I can't block because every time I block an attack the block drops. He's designed to fail against groups.

You were simply outplayed , duh.

Get over it.

Get good.

He is supposed to be weak against Groups.

 

These ''arguments'' are against you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You were simply outplayed , duh.

Get over it.

Get good.

He is supposed to be weak against Groups.

 

These ''arguments'' are against you.

how-about-no-gif-7.gif

I don't understand why you don't realize-Oh wait, I get it, because you don't play as Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I saw your vidéo and I'm totally on your side. This seems like October's patch when Jason was nerfed. And Rage mode is useless against counselors. Okay you can one shot some doors, but doors don't bang Jason. And before last patch, you could block permanently when even when counselors hit you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

 

I don't understand why you don't realize-Oh wait, I get it, because you don't play as Jason. 

No , don´t get me wrong , I am on your side and a Jason Lover. 

But These ''arguments'' :

22 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You were simply outplayed , duh.

Get over it.

Get good.

He is supposed to be weak against Groups.

They will be your enemy. And These are the most brought up ''reasons'' why Jason is now balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

No , don´t get me wrong , I am on your side and a Jason Lover. 

But These ''arguments'' :

They will be your enemy. And These are the most brought up ''reasons'' why Jason is now balanced.

Oh ok you were being hyperbolic or ironic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...