Known Issues for 5/24 Update

Below is a work in progress list of known issues associated with the update released on 5/24. We will be updating this list as issues are reproduced, fixes are completed in development builds, and when fixes are in live builds

• Uber Jason & Kills Selectable by some players on PC.
  • Game crashing after the “Press A” screen on Xbox One.
  • Game may end when Tommy is the last Counselor character alive
  • Selected character is sometimes not the character that players load in as.
  • Interaction locks occurring due to a variety of different circumstances
  • Customizations for Jasons & Counselors not always saving. 
  • Interaction prompts sometimes not appearing
  • Morph reticle not showing for some players on Xbox One.
  • Vehicle “rubberbanding” issue
  • Items may sometimes lose their ability to be picked up when dropped under certain conditions
  • Issues occurring between Jason and vehicle physics
  • Exploits related to counselor stamina
  • Medical spray may sometimes require multiple attempts before it will activate
  • Counselor characters becoming stuck in grabbed animation after a grab is interrupted.
  • Some Jason skins are appearing incorrectly.
  • Failure of the match to end after all counselor players escape, die, or exit the round.
  • Players no longer able to select Medium Bloody Jason skins on PS4 disc version.
  • Players taking damage when exiting from a few open windows on ground floors.
  • Counselor characters shaking during kill animations for Jason.
  • Items carried by counselors disappearing when the counselor is drowned.
  • Particle issues causing rainbow effects in certain locations (blood, collisions, Savini Jason eyes, liquid)
  • Phone and Victoria call animations not correctly synced. 
  • Audio popping at various times. 
  • Sound issues during perk rolls. 
  • Missing sounds when selecting Jason or Counselors.
  • Sounds will sometimes be missing when breaking windows, locking doors, etc.
  • Players being sent to the Microsoft Store when attempting to launch the game after updating on Xbox One.
  • Xbox One controller lockout when joining a Private lobby.
  • Characters unable to move between couch and stairs in Higgins Haven main house.
  • It is possible for Jason players to sometimes not hear the car starting sound 
  • A delay may sometimes occur between the throwing knife activation and animation.
  • Drawers will sometimes incorrectly close after being opened
  • PS4 animations not working after exiting a vehicle. 
  • Issue occurring with Chad speedo texture seams.
  • Wheelchair Buggzy will stand up during certain transitional animations
  • Savini Jason may appear in outro cinematics when the host owns Savini Jason DLC, even if that Jason was not in play.
  • Killing 2 Counselors at the same time in a challenge results in two versions of Pamela VO to be played simultaneously. 
  • Weapons may sometimes increase in size when picked up by counselors.
  • Steam VR can be erroneously activated if a VR device is connected to the user’s PC when the game is launched.
  • Display issue with Savini Jason in game.
  • PC Players are unable to equip certain emotes using the mouse. (Selecting them via arrow keys or controller still works)
  • Some players are unable to unlock “Speed Demon” objective, even when objective criteria are met.
  • Multiple versions of the same counselor may appear in Single Player Challenge cutscenes.
  • Escaping in the car can result in odd camera angles. 
  • Hair is appearing extra “bright” for some users.
  • Tiffany swimsuit top and bottom cannot be individually changed.
  • The Lobby Leader is listed at the top of the scoreboard instead of Jason on PC.
  • Challenge 8 map lists location “Vaction House” instead of “Vacation House”.
  • The option to Mute players in the menu is unavailable on Xbox One. 
  • Players with dual multiple monitors may experience their game launching on the incorrect monitor
  • Hiding under beds can result in the player’s character being displayed as standing through the bed.
  • Roy has bright orange hands.
  • Players keybinding for Morph on PC can make it impossible to select a morph spot with the mouse button.
  • J6 Mask Strap is discolored.
  • When equipping the Sweater on Victoria, her pants take on the pattern of her shirt.
  • Counselor’s model may continue the repair animation on the phone box even after the counselor player has died from stepping on a trap
  • Throwing knife activation button is missing from the keybinding menu

• Like 12
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

There's a lot of issues, more than i knew. Nice work, and waiting for news

Happy to hear the plan is for this list to live on organically and be updated. I think communication is really important to this community, so status updates will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Glad the team is hard at work correcting the issues. Keep up the good work.

11 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

•  

This is what happens when devs rush out updates too quickly!!! (/s)

Btw there are still people playing as Uber and now he has a hit box most rounds just like any Jason, one Uber even had surgical machete and did the cutting off leg and headbutt kill! 

Interaction bug when you attack and hit Jason. Hadn't had that happen before, until this update.

Plus, can Savini finally be added to the random Jason pool (if you own him)?

8 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

When equipping the Sweater on Tiffany, her pants take on the pattern of her shirt.

Hi @ShiftySamurai just wanted to quickly flag that it's Victoria that this is happening to, not Tiffany.

Additionally, Victoria's voice will play Vanessa's voice during the sweater animation.

Wow, don’t remove jason x anymore because we already he will be there and we know his stats and grab kill

How about the cars becoming inaccessible sometimes due to latest patch? Played a game recently where 1 car rolled itself underwater (but objectives didn't list the car as destroyed even though nobody could reach the car) and the 2nd car getting stuck between 2 objects where driver couldn't go forward, go backwards or even exit the car?

Is the stamina exploit why I chased a Chad around map ten minutes and couldn't ever catch up as Roy? It was ridiculous

There is also these bugs that have not been mentioned in the OP:

• Vanessa's voice plays when Victoria uses the sweater
  • On Pinehurst, when you walk in the main house and Ethel's house, you hear the footsteps as if you were walking outside instead of indoors
  • The selected Jason player is not at the top of the lobby screen like he used to be on Xbox
  • When you go through a broken window, the broken bottom of the window glitches to the top of the window

And also, thank you for the feedback Shifty!

• Like 1

Is that it? I can't even hear anyone on audio chat since I downloaded the update (X1). I've reported it numerous times and nothing been done about it. It's not even listed. Nice.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Hi @ShiftySamurai just wanted to quickly flag that it's Victoria that this is happening to, not Tiffany.

Additionally, Victoria's voice will play Vanessa's voice during the sweater animation.

You are 100% correct.

17 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The Lobby Leader is listed at the top of the scoreboard instead of Jason on PC

Not just on PC, i can't tell for Xbox but PS4 it is.

Thanks for the list !

19 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:
  • Hair is appearing extra “bright” for some users.
  • The Lobby Leader is listed at the top of the scoreboard instead of Jason on PC.
  • When equipping the Sweater on Tiffany, her pants take on the pattern of her shirt.
  1. I've had the opposite issue, with hair showing up too dark, specifically Chad in the opening sequences.
  2. The lobby leader is listed at the top on Xbox as well, where Jason may be anywhere else on the list (besides at the top).
  3. This issue is also on Victoria. I've seen pink pants turn plaid once someone put the sweater on.

8 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

You are 100% correct.

Hey shifty im not very tech savvy but is there no way to block people from finding the assets of unreleased content in new updates? It seems every new update people are pulling Jason x content stuff out of the game files and spoiling the surprise for everyone, almost impossible to avoid spoilers/leaks now a days and I backed this game mostly for the Jason x stretch goals and so far I've had the unmasked Uber spoiled, parts of the grendel spoiled and now his kills, I didn't watch entire Grendel video but the unmasked and kills were spoiled simply by playing the game on PC. Is there nothing y'all can do to avoid people pulling these things from update files, do you have to include them in update files, like not include the unreleased stuff until their specific update drops? Like I said I have no idea how it works but I'd really like to get these questions answered.

YES, finally the issue I have been pointing about part 6 mask got attention. Thank you... Wes! No about those 13000 pocket knives and the magic ones the bots have ?

17 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

This is what happens when devs rush out updates too quickly!!! (/s)

Y

Btw there are still people playing as Uber and now he has a hit box most rounds just like any Jason, one Uber even had surgical machete and did the cutting off leg and headbutt kill! 

You mean the regular machete, but upgraded with Uber Jason, or the machete that he carries through 70% of the movie? There's 3 machetes. The one he has at the start. The surgical one, until he gets his original back and that machete, now upgraded.

JasonX_machetecollection1.jpg

• Like 3

Another issue I thought of that I've seen a few times now. If you jump out of a second story window (happens to me whenever I do it at pan lodge last room) if Jason hits you while your climbing out the window you often start hovering in midair and can't move. That's happened to me a few times now I start hovering right above the flag and can't move at all. Jason can't reach me either well maybe with knives but definitely can't grab or melee.