Sign in to follow this  
The Wolf with that Toast

Should the Timer be on Jason´s side?

Should the Timer be on Jason´s side?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Jason´s new friend?

• Yes , it should be on Jason´s side!
    • No , just leave it like it is.

Ok , this is something that would and is affecting us all.

To start it off , I Chose for yes because Jason would never be like :,,I am having enough , just piss off now.´´ If he got a target , he will never Forget that Person. Alice? She died.

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ok , this is something that would and is affecting us all.

To start it off , I Chose for yes because Jason would never be like :,,I am having enough , just piss off now.´´ If he got a target , he will never Forget that Person. Alice? She died.

Yet Ginny, Chris, Tommy, Trish, Tommy a second time, Megan, Tina, Nick, Ren, Sean, Steve, Jessica, all managed to survive Jason before Jason got flung into space. 

It's fine as is. Jason doesn't get the kill, counselor doesn't get the escape.

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

I agree.

It's not a win for EITHER side. It's a draw. You had 20 minutes to kill them and you didn't. They had 20 minutes to escape and they didn't. Nobody wins.

Edit: @The Wolf with that Toast what are you actually trying to suggest? A change in mindset?

• Like 1

I think it should be on his side.

You can't really play a stalk/camp style Jason in the current format.

Its...

1. Trap placement, then rush in

Or

2. Rush, use traps along the way

Stalk is pretty much nullified against any counselors with competency to avoid outdoor areas to avoid Stalk/Grab/Shift and since Jason can't close doors, he can only really hide in cabins that have reason to be looked into and that's not very often in the late game when everything is looted. There needs to be more pressure on counselors regardless, if changing the timer to Jason's side isn't the answer, then something else should be. I realize trolls will be trolls, but there simply isn't enough pressure on the side that's being chased by the killer. The killer has all the pressure on him. They can escape via cars, the boat, the cops, he can be hunted down and killed rather easily.

Whether...

1. Jason gets to choose his power loadout

2. Fear plays a more important role than a couple stumbles

Something, anything.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Fear plays a more important role than a couple stumbles

I've seen some ideas where counselors could stumble and fall down and have to do some mash or QTE to regain their footing. That's a possibility, or even just make the instances of stumbling ramp up the longer you're in a prolonged chase with Jason up to a certain threshold. 

Heck, just to balance it out, give them a half-refill on their stamina if they manage to get back to their feet similar to when you knife Jason to escape his grip. 

• Like 1

Its fine the way it is, doesn't need changed at all...

Jason has 20 mins to kill all the counsellors, that's a lot of time given imo.

Same with the counsellors, they have 20 mins to escape, thats enough time given as well.

If both Jason and the counsellors fail to complete their objectives in the time given, then nobody wins. Its a draw...

• Like 2

I did not vote, but in a perfect world the clock should be in Jason’s favor. I know it’s a game, but Jason is just not going to give up/let counselors go after 20 mins.  But this isn’t a perfect world- so it should stay as is and I consider it a counselor win if they “survive the night.” That’s exactly what the game tells you to do, in the beginning of every match- “survive!” It doesn’t say “escape,” so my interpretation- either is fine for a win in the counselor column. But anyways, the only reason why I say leave as is, is because sometimes you end up in a lobby with a bunch of newbs and/or morons that can’t get ish done.  Why penalize the final player(s) that were trying to setup an escape?  Especially if they are not repair characters!

1 hour ago, Tailypo said:

I've seen some ideas where counselors could stumble and fall down and have to do some mash or QTE to regain their footing. That's a possibility, or even just make the instances of stumbling ramp up the longer you're in a prolonged chase with Jason up to a certain threshold. 

Heck, just to balance it out, give them a half-refill on their stamina if they manage to get back to their feet similar to when you knife Jason to escape his grip. 

Yep, counselors with low composure would actually have more penalties tied to the stat. Now when  they get close, their gambling a lot more because they fall, leaving themselves vulnerable to be killed. Kiting would only be useful until he's close.

Introduce a new mechanic: Jason gains time for each kill, but loses time for each completed goal by the counselors.

I think the timer should be eliminated completely, or at least make it an option in private games. I hate it for both sides. I hate knowing its a fall back option as a counselor and I hate the "beat the clock" aspect when playing as J. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Introduce a new mechanic: Jason gains time for each kill, but loses time for each completed goal by the counselors.

Not too bad actually.

• Thanks 1

This is a compelling question. It’s hard to decide because it’s not a fair win for either side. But I do think there should be some solution.

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Eh. Not a good idea. It's way too easy for counselors to get things done. Not to mention way more counselor objectives than counselors. 

The game now isn't broken. (well, as far as the time limit and results of a time out) The wheel doesn't need to be recreated here. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Eh. Not a good idea. It's way too easy for counselors to get things done. Not to mention way more counselor objectives than counselors. 

The game now isn't broken. (well, as far as the time limit and results of a time out) The wheel doesn't need to be recreated here. 

Maybe, but there are ways to scale the timing rewards to balance appropriately for the asymmetry, such as +1 minute for a kill, but only -15 seconds for an objective.

It definitely doesn't NEED to be changed, but as an exercise in possible alternate game modes, it definitely has some merit.

4 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Jason has 20 mins to kill all the counsellors, that's a lot of time given imo.

I feel this way until I get the 2 minute warning, then sometimes I want 5 more minutes.

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

This could be interesting.

58 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Maybe, but there are ways to scale the timing rewards to balance appropriately for the asymmetry, such as +1 minute for a kill, but only -15 seconds for an objective.

It definitely doesn't NEED to be changed, but as an exercise in possible alternate game modes, it definitely has some merit.

You are right on the this. The values could be whatever. Seems a lot of trouble to implement for little reward, though. 

The second line makes me question if we have the player base for it, even if I liked the idea.

Also the idea just makes game last a few minutes longer, or shorter and puts undue stress on whoever is already losing. The curve is already pretty steep. A single mistake by a counselor often means death and for Jason it could be a car, boat or police call being successful. Does the losing side need to fight steeper odds? If I had a vote in it, I'd say no. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

You are right on the this. The values could be whatever. Seems a lot of trouble to implement for little reward, though. 

The second line makes me question if we have the player base for it, even if I liked the idea.

Also the idea just makes game last a few minutes longer, or shorter and puts undue stress on whoever is already losing. The curve is already pretty steep. A single mistake by a counselor often means death and for Jason it could be a car, boat or police call being successful. Does the losing side need to fight steeper odds? If I had a vote in it, I'd say no

And that's a well reasoned response.  I'm an "idea" guy, and I try not to get emotionally invested when spitballing ideas, because for me, it's all about finding a good solution that works, without rushing headlong into the first random thought.

Some folks here (or anywhere) are so infatuated with derision and arguing that they lose sight of the purpose of constructive criticism: to refine an idea and make it better.  Instead, they just want to watch the world burn.  Maybe dad didn't hug them enough.  Maybe mom spent more time day drinking than helping with homework.

My point is, I appreciate and applaud your constructive criticism.  Instead of petty attacks or logistical fallacy, you came strong and delivered.  Bravo, good sir.

35 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

And that's a well reasoned response.  I'm an "idea" guy, and I try not to get emotionally invested when spitballing ideas, because for me, it's all about finding a good solution that works, without rushing headlong into the first random thought.

Some folks here (or anywhere) are so infatuated with derision and arguing that they lose sight of the purpose of constructive criticism: to refine an idea and make it better.  Instead, they just want to watch the world burn.  Maybe dad didn't hug them enough.  Maybe mom spent more time day drinking than helping with homework.

My point is, I appreciate and applaud your constructive criticism.  Instead of petty attacks or logistical fallacy, you came strong and delivered.  Bravo, good sir.

I spend way too much time thinking about the meta to this game, I'll say that much. I'm not always posting the whyfor's, unless asked, but I usually try to see what a given idea brings to the table. 

Also, I enjoyed the discourse, as brief as it was. 

It's fine as is. If you can survive 10 minutes with Jason tunneling you as the last counselor left alive, the "win" shouldn't be given to him for not being able to kill you.

I agree with a neutral end with the timer. Jason doesn't get points for a kill because he didn't kill who was left, but the counselors shouldn't get points for surviving since they were suppose to escape but failed to.

11 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Yet Ginny, Chris, Tommy, Trish, Tommy a second time, Megan, Tina, Nick, Ren, Sean, Steve, Jessica, all managed to survive Jason before Jason got flung into space. 

And one of the reasons we have an option to survive the night is because of incompetent or trolling players that do zero to escape. @The Wolf with that Toast

@Shadesofjoe lead me on a merry chase through the vacation house yesterday as Vanessa. It was intense and I didn't catch him. But Shades didn't escape either and I was fine with that considering I scored 7/8 against good players. If it would have given me a kill for Shades I would have been pissed for the same reason I get pissed when people would lock the car keys in the Packanack Lodge when I am Jason. Don't give me credit for things I didn't do.

I voted yes, but I didn't fully understand the questions until reading further down the replies. I thought OP was asking if Jason should be able to see the timer.

My real vote is for no.

No, then you'll end up with Jason players camping objectives to prevent progress. It isn't always viable to push two objectives and Jason will just wait out a timer and refuse to engage, which isn't very Jason.