wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

7 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Even though we are the superior gaming experience, this is not about that. Consoles cost too much to update frequently but PCs don't. So a lot these bugs and issues can be tested by us in the real world before it reaches the consoles. We'd actually be doing u guys a service.

@wes @ShiftySamurai can we get an answer on this? Is this a possibility? Thanks!

A few pages back someone put a laughing face on ^ this ^ post.
I'd put a laughing face on it too if I could. I think it's hysterical when someone gets ignored...side splitting when it's twice.
Maybe I should've asked about an emote problem or complained about how slow things are moving; then I might've gotten a response. 

I don't have to take this abuse. I'm about 2 days away from being an elite builder in Fortnite and when I'm in Duos with Ninja, I will NOT be recommending we stream F13. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

@wes, @ShiftySamurai thank you for dropping some information regarding your process in identifying the many bugs, glitches, exploits present in the current build of the game. However this game has always been in serious need of quality assurance since launch. I love this game and will keep playing it until you shut the servers down. That being said I would like to see the current content polished up before you launch Uber Jason,  the Grendel map, Paranoia mode and any other content you may be planning.

The current player base has watched IllFonic play wack-a-mole with code for a year now. We have put up with the interaction locks and car rubber banding for months. I am not alone when I say that enough is enough and it's time to fix the game. I don't want to see Reggie, Uber Jason, a new map or anything until the game works properly.

IllFonic needs to work overtime patching and hot fixing the game until everything works as intended. One of the reasons the engine was updated was to install a back door so things could get fixed quicker and easier. Rolling up your sleeves and getting to work polishing the game is the best way to save Crystal Lake. 

Thank you 

Six

P.S. to do my part here is a bug you can recreate pretty easily. In the single player challenge level 9 "Jason is here!" If you kill Vanessa in the upstairs bedroom with Part 5 Jason, Shears and the Vein Opener kill her blood will become a fireworks display. When I first saw this I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself. I almost want you to keep it in. But perhaps you can use this information to solve the patriotic blood problem on the Pinehurst map. 

• Like 1

@wes @ShiftySamurai

My criticism aside,

Everybody, myself included, are very grateful that you guys have communicated with everybody on these forums throughout the entire day, addressing many of the issues the game is having. That's pretty awesome and we greatly appreciate it.

I would propose that you release a quicker,  hotfix patch in an attempt to fix 1/4-1/2 of the bugs on the upcoming bug list; instead of waiting to patch them all at once. My main argument for doing this is one:) People don't want to have to wait a long time to get some problems fixed and 2:) in the event the hot fix needs a hot fix it'll be easier to determine what caused the issue.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

@wes @ShiftySamurai

My criticism aside,

Everybody, myself included, are very grateful that you guys have communicated with everybody on these forums throughout the entire day, addressing many of the issues the game is having. That's pretty awesome and we greatly appreciate it.

What he said.......Twice.

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

4568CC06505154D451490C7676D3EB214A1759C0

Holy hell.

That's some Forbidden Siren level crap right there. Kinda want that as an option.

15 hours ago, Mawlock said:

This is why I hate pc users. They think because their the "master race" they deserve special treatment. 

They really do and seeings as they have the least amount of players should get it last.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Well....... That's one thing down. Now a thread on Trolls, Teamers, Cheaters, Exploiters, Quitters, Hackers and what is going to be done to curb these things.

Yes..... Trolling is a matter of perspective.

No..... Teaming should not be okay.

Yes..... Cheaters should be banned.

Yes..... Exploiters should be seen as Cheaters. See the above statement.

No....... Quitting shouldn't be a "circumstantial" offense. If you're hosting, don't quit until the session is complete. If you are not a host, don't quit until the session is complete or until your kill animation is done and you are spectating . If you can't play an entire session, wait to play until you can play a entire session.

Yes........ Hacking should fall under cheating and be treated as such. Hacking the game for unreleased content, an advantage in gameplay or for cosmetic reasons should not be seen as anything other than what it is, and that's wrong.

(Bring on the hate ???)

Never fail to give me a good laugh. That said, I agree .

After all this Retro-Jason talk , I want to put my thread on here so badly....but I am not going to be an asshole now.....

AND THEY HAVE SOMETHING UP THEIR SLEEVES FOR RETRO-JASOOOOOOOON!!! YES , YES , YEEEEEES! THE HYPE! THE HYPE! THE HYÜÜÜÜÜEEEEEE!.......*The Wolf with that Toast fainted because of the ,,Hyüe´´*

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
Holy shit , man , whoever is confused , just swap the ,,ü´´ with a ,,p´´.
  • Confused 1

Well I'm free from the mines and got some testing done and here are the results - Perks are stacking and they are not. Let me explain.

Eric is equipped with Preparedness, Thick Skin, and Swift Attacker. Every other counselor is equipped with Slugger, Hypochondriac, and Firecracker.

When I spawn in as a random counselor I do have a bat, a health spray, firecrackers, and a map. This would indicate that the perks are stacking, however, I do have Thick Skin on Eric so tried tanking a trap and that particular perk was obviously not in effect as I was instantly limping. 

So. Spawning in as a random counselor is stacking some perks by mixing what's on your selected and counselor and what's on the random counselor.

Now I have to just go through and take those 3 perks off of everyone.

I kinda wonder how their gonna approach this.

They obviously broke a great deal more with this update than even previous ones. Will they release weekly hot fixes a little at a time or wait multiple weeks?

Multiple weeks will cause rage and impatience, being quicker will result in the rushed narrative unless the fixes actually work.

Time will tell.

4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Holy hell.

That's some Forbidden Siren level crap right there. Kinda want that as an option.

It looked bad.... like it was a Jason designed by a 3 year old with crappy crayons and no artistic skill at all.... yet still creepy looking. Everyone in game kept asking "can I get a couple screenshots before you kill me?" They were polite, so I let them take some, then told them to run away and went to chase someone else.... rinse and repeat until everyone had their screenshots.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I kinda wonder how their gonna approach this.

They obviously broke a great deal more with this update than even previous ones. Will they release weekly hot fixes a little at a time or wait multiple weeks?

Multiple weeks will cause rage and impatience, being quicker will result in the rushed narrative unless the fixes actually work.

Time will tell.

In a way I’m kind of glad this happened...it is now impossible for the devs to ignore how utterly broken this game is like I and many others have been saying for quite some now. Quite some time now.

18 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

A few pages back someone put a laughing face on ^ this ^ post.
I'd put a laughing face on it too if I could. I think it's hysterical when someone gets ignored...side splitting when it's twice.
Maybe I should've asked about an emote problem or complained about how slow things are moving; then I might've gotten a response. 

I don't have to take this abuse. I'm about 2 days away from being an elite builder in Fortnite and when I'm in Duos with Ninja, I will NOT be recommending we stream F13. 

If we didn't laugh, we'd cry.

• Thanks 1

Video settings doesn't work on PC after update for a lot of people. Textures are completely blurry on every configuration and can't be load (low, medium, high), except epic/ultra. 

@wes Pleas tell me if it was alredy reported

1 hour ago, rafi2500 said:

Video settings doesn't work on PC after update for a lot of people. Textures are completely blurry on every configuration and can't be load (low, medium, high), except epic/ultra. 

There is a thread in the suggestion fourm they are updating with the bugs that have been reported so far. Check it out.

1 hour ago, rafi2500 said:

Im curious. What's the GPU, the CPU, the motherboard and connection to the monitor?

I have 3 rigs by different component manufacturers. One is a piece of crap, one is less of a piece of crap, and one is so powerful it can move mountains, and the game looks the same (minus frame rate) on all three. They all have different video settings, only one runs all Epic.

Are you running it on a 1330 x 768 monitor? 

16 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

687y3s.jpg

Those beautiful updated graphics!

2 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Does anyone know how to fix the issue where you can't hear anyone on mics through your speakers or anything?

That's an issue? Sounds more like a blessing to me.

There's a whole list of known bugs posted somewhere here. This one's on there

@He's Killing Me a person from the shadow realm has delivered this message to you about your technical question:

"Someone tell him to disable quick boot on Xbox. This fixed most of my communication issues. Takes longer to boot console but it worked for me"