wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

thanks for the statment and your work, tho.. We all know that bugs happen and it takes some time to fix it.

6 minutes ago, wes said:

Known Bug List imminent. I or @ShiftySamurai will start a new thread. 

Is the plan to have the list in a thread and update it regularly as bugs are patched or new ones are flagged? I think that would be great vs. a one and done thread.

Status updates could be made the OP so that we're kept in the loop and fixed bugs can be "crossed out" or deleted, something like:

- Door barricading sound not playing - CAUSE IDENTIFIED, WILL BE FIXED IN UPCOMING PATCH

- Victoria sweater voice glitch

- Counselor trap placement proximity - BEING INVESTIGATED

Edited by Tiffany
The above is just an example using a few glitches I've experienced, of course
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Is the plan to have the list in a thread and update it regularly as bugs are patched or new ones are flagged? I think that would be great vs. a one and done thread.

Status updates could be made the OP so that we're kept in the loop and fixed bugs can be "crossed out" or deleted, something like:

- Door barricading sound not playing - CAUSE IDENTIFIED, WILL BE FIXED IN UPCOMING PATCH

That sounds like an awesome idea.

4 hours ago, wes said:

Consolidate all issues into one working document.

4. Sort issues into categories (animation, art, interactions, network, etc)

5. Mark priority for each issue (high, medium, low)

I know why the devs rarely answer us they post this instruction and then people bombard the thread with their issues. They were even nice enough to answer a few people in the thread but that wasnt the instruction given.... ? 

• Confused 1

@wes
  Spawning in as a counselor you did not select... while not using random selection... could be an issue. Fortunately, I had perks set up on all counselors before I played online.

I also had kills set up on all of my Jason variants before heading into quick play.... and I got an extremely weird spawn. It looked like a mutant Jason. I had part 4 selected as my choice with the machete... but the pig splitter showed up and it was a walking Jason. I only had the pig splitter equipped on part 7. I was not using random selection for Jason.
  The clothing colors seemed to be overwritten with skin tone coloration... It looked like part 4's face was tattooed on his back. A friend posted a screenshot so here it is.

4568CC06505154D451490C7676D3EB214A1759C0

This is the first time this has happened to me... but I have seen it happen to others in quick play over the last few months, long before this update. It has been a while since I have seen it, until now. When I first saw this happen months ago, I thought it was a hacked skin.... but I have never read anything about it here and did not think to ask... then I forgot about it until it happened to me.
  It is not game breaking or anything, it just changed the look of Jason, not his abilities... at least as far as I could tell. Although, it was a different Jason than what I picked (without using random selection) as I stated above. It also looks like crap (yet some how is pretty creepy looking) so I hope you are able to fix this... eventually. Game breaking bugs first please!!!
  I am on PC... I am pretty sure the map it happened on was the Jarvis map.

5 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

I know why the devs rarely answer us they post this instruction and then people bombard the thread with their issues. They were even nice enough to answer a few people in the thread but that wasnt the instruction given.... ? 

This wasn't their instructions for us, it was insights into the internal tracking method they'll be employing to log, track and address reported bugs and glitches.

24 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I haven't had any trouble with the traps, in fact I find them easier to place now. I haven't stepped or been triggered by one at all. And I place as many as I can per match to get my badges up.

28 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@wes
  Spawning in as a counselor you did not select... while not using random selection... could be an issue. Fortunately, I had perks set up on all counselors before I played online.

I also had kills set up on all of my Jason variants before heading into quick play.... and I got an extremely weird spawn. It looked like a mutant Jason. I had part 4 selected as my choice with the machete... but the pig splitter showed up and it was a walking Jason. I only had the pig splitter equipped on part 7. I was not using random selection for Jason.
  The clothing colors seemed to be overwritten with skin tone coloration... It looked like part 4's face was tattooed on his back. A friend posted a screenshot so here it is.

This is the first time this has happened to me... but I have seen it happen to others in quick play over the last few months, long before this update. It has been a while since I have seen it, until now. When I first saw this happen months ago, I thought it was a hacked skin.... but I have never read anything about it here and did not think to ask... then I forgot about it until it happened to me.
  It is not game breaking or anything, it just changed the look of Jason, not his abilities... at least as far as I could tell. Although, it was a different Jason than what I picked (without using random selection) as I stated above. It also looks like crap (yet some how is pretty creepy looking) so I hope you are able to fix this... eventually. Game breaking bugs first please!!!

I second this, and I've already posted about in other threads but I'll just add it here for Wes to see (last time posting this). 

rljwkmE.jpg

In this match I was selected to play as Jason. 

I had Part 7 Jason selected, with the Pigsplitter equipped. 

I loaded out with a Part 3 Jason. My Part 3 Jason is equipped with the Machete. 

The game seemingly grabbed a random Jason of mine and combined it with my chosen Jason. As you can see in the image my Jason is wielding the Pigsplitter and Machete kills are being displayed. When I would execute a kill Jason would perform the kill with the Machete and once complete the Pigsplitter would be back in hand.

Likewise, I have been running Eric with Preparedness, Thick Skin, and Swift Attacker. If I load in as someone else (about 50% of the time) I still have the Preparedness perk (spawn with a map) and can still pick up a map. So do I have the perk or not? I can't tell. Are Eric's perks in effect or are perks stacking? 

The only way I can think to test this is to assign 1 counselor Preparedness and then every other counselor Slugger, Hypochondriac, and Psychic. This way if you load in as a random vs the selected, and have a bat, health spray, walkie, and map, then you know they're stacking. If this isn't the case then you know you're getting a random counselor with the selected counselor's perks.

I stop quickly and i think i gonna wait when dedicated server comes out and let see what dedicated server help the game so much and if not i gonna just play other game but i will play the game sometimes and i hope in late august we get a road map

@DasMurich I am surprised I have not read about it yet, you probably were not the only other person to post about it.... That is a weird bug... or glitch... but at least you didn't get that freaky skin along with it.
   I have not noticed a problem with perks carrying over like that... but that has to be a bug. If you use preparedness, you start with a map and cannot pick up a map... something is definitely  up with that. I keep most of my perks the same across the board so I would not notice this so much... I should change up some perks now that I have a bunch of legendary versions of perks I rarely use.
   Your method of testing sounds like it would work... and if it did, you may have a super powered counselor for that match. If they are stacking, and from what you stated, it sounds like they are... this could cause a problem in recognizing certain hacks until this is fixed.

On the Jarvis map I climbed out of the Jarvis house bathroom window,  landed as though I'd exited a second story window, and was injured. 

Glad you guys have finally taken the initiative a year in and started writing down known bugs. It’s a start I guess.

17 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Glad you guys have finally taken the initiative a year in and started writing down known bugs. It’s a start I guess.

Harsh. They haven't started the initiative a year in. They've tried and things haven't worked out as such...but it's not like they only just started being proactive now. You can critique their methods and results, but they've been proactive since launch. I think a floating thread will be the best option...people don't check the pinned posts that often...many are locked posts and people always skip them...something "dynamic" or "hot" will serve the community and Gun/Ill better. 

7 hours ago, wes said:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

-W

So nobody at Illfonic noticed any of the issues?  All it takes is to play the game one time to come across numerous issues.  It needed to be reported by us on social media before anybody at Gun/Illfonic became aware of it?  What the.....????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Harsh. They haven't started the initiative a year in. They've tried and things haven't worked out as such...but it's not like they only just started being proactive now. You can critique their methods and results, but they've been proactive since launch. I think a floating thread will be the best option...people don't check the pinned posts that often...many are locked posts are people always skip them...something "dynamic" or "hot" will server the community and Gun/Ill better. 

I don’t nean to be overly negative, I actually love this game but my patience was already wearing thin with it before this update dropped. Then, trying to give this game another chance, I had a terrible time with it this past weekend with bugs and host quitting. It put me in pretty bad mood. Most times i post here are usually right after I get kicked for host quit.. Thankfully the devs have realized they needed to step up with threads like this. All we are asking for is communication, so this thread makes me happy to see it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

I don’t nean to be overly negative, I actually love this game but my patience was already wearing thin with it before this update dropped. Then, trying to give this game another chance, I had a terrible time with it this past weekend with bugs and host quitting. It put me in pretty bad mood. Most times i post here are usually right after I get kicked for host quit.. Thankfully the devs have realized they needed to step up with threads like this. All we are asking for is communication, so this thread makes me happy to see it.

Don't apologize for speaking your mind.  A majority of us here love this game, but I for one will not pull any punches when it comes to saying what this game is.  A hot mess. They need to hear that it is in a garbage state when it is.  That time is right now.  If they feel they are being insulted then they either need to fix their game or put on their thick skin perk.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wes said:

Hey campers,

I wanted to just pop in here to say that we are reading posts. We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website. As well as all the DM's, screenshots, videos from streams, etc, of issues that are popping up since the update. We are quiet at the moment, not because we don't care, ignoring you, ignoring problems, etc. Not that at all. Here's what we're doing:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

2. Looking for more information on each report. A report that says "Game crashes, fix it." requires us to reach out to that reporter for more informaion. (What platform, when does it crash, what were you doing when it happened, do you have video or screenshot of issues, etc.)

3. Consolidate all issues into one working document.

4. Sort issues into categories (animation, art, interactions, network, etc)

5. Mark priority for each issue (high, medium, low)

6. Then we have meeting with ILL (the developers) to go through list and give as much detail as we can.

7. QA at ILL gets spun up to replicate these issues. Upon replicating we can find the issue.

8. All Leads at ILL are briefed on QA findings vs known bug list.

9. Leads at ILL assign bugs to engineers, artists, etc, to fix.

10. Bug ticket marked as "fixed" and then it goes back to QA. QA tests the shit out to assure fix held.

11. On and on until high priority bugs are solid. Then move on down the list. 

12. Then you slate patch date for fixes with all platforms (Sony, MS, Steam) to try to get a patch out as fast as we can.

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

-W

Every time I start the game, it will crash and will not launch. I make it to the start page and it'll lag out to the xbox one home screen. I bought the digital version. I just really want to play he game. can y'all please fix this? I'd really appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, jamario75 said:

Every time I start the game, it will crash and will not launch. I make it to the start page and it'll lag out to the xbox one home screen. I bought the digital version. I just really want to play he game. can y'all please fix this? I'd really appreciate it.

@jamario75, maybe this will help.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19504-what-the-heck-is-up-with-your-guys-product/?do=findComment&comment=294437

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

@wes

Lol thats crazy looking

funny how the rubberbanding glitch went from a lag issue to an engine issue. and the fact that it wasn't in the game from launch until December? and really hasn't been addressed officially until today. Also wasn't replicated by the qa team, but is a known engine issue? hmm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 2moar said:

funny how the rubberbanding glitch went from a lag issue to an engine issue. and the fact that it wasn't in the game from launch until December? and really hasn't been addressed officially until today. Also wasn't replicated by the qa team, but is a known engine issue? hmm. 

Can this be addressed, actually? Because this is the kinda thing that makes many of us have doubts that this stuff will actually get fixed...

Well, I tried testing my little theory knowing it could push me towards Saltville but I thought I couldn't do too much harm. Left 4 matches and now I'm in no-man's land. FFS 4 matches. That's like instant banishment. Oh well, I'll wait for it to wear off.

If anyone wants to try it just don't leave matches hoping to spawn a random. 

I have Preparedness, Thick Skin, and Swift Attacker still on Eric. Every other counselor has Slugger, Hypochondriac, and Firecracker (or whatever it's called). I figure if load in as a random I'll immediately see the 3 items, then if I open the map and its there then perks are stacking on random loads. If you're random and don't have any items then the perks are sticking and only the counselor is random.

Just beware the mines. BEWARE!

@wes Hey, you probably can't answer this, but I was just wondering how soon can we can expect the Jason X content?

Are these bugs going to get fixed?

• Vanessa's voice plays when Victoria uses the sweater
  • On Pinehurst, when you walk in the main house and Ethel's house, you hear the footsteps as if you were walking outside instead of indoors
  • The selected Jason player is not at the top of the lobby screen like he used to be but instead it is the lobby leader
  • When you go through a broken window, the broken bottom of the window glitches to the top of the window
  • There is a lighted up section of the road by Blairs Cove on Higgins Haven small where all of the road is darkened except for this area
  • Lights in houses and campfire fires don't light up until you are a certain distance from them