wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

7 minutes ago, wes said:

In the interim, it would ideal to wait until the known bug list is posted. If you are experiencing a bug that isn't described on said bug list, then you can report. Tagging @ShiftySamurai to provide the best avenue for that. 

This needs to be a sticky, along with the bug list, once it's posted.  Perhaps a sticky now, with this as the initial post, and then edited for content once the list gets posted?

4 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I can let you know, as a counselor that only uses dance emotes, that the dance emotes earned from skull objectives do not loop. They awkwardly end and stop animation.

Gotcha. Documenting now and turning over to QA. Thanks!

-W

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hope those hackers (or I guess glitches) that end up with the weird looking Retro skin Savini and other Jasons doesn't mean the plans for the standalone Retro Jason were abandoned in favor of a simple reskin for all the other Jasons. I know its unlikely that's going to be addressed here, but that would be a real bummer.

That was announced last year and...it was quite literally never talked about again except mentioned vaguely by Randy in one or two streams when he was actually still streaming.

6 minutes ago, wes said:

Are you saying the emotes you unlock via challenges aren't looped? If so, do you mean the dance emotes or the emotes like "Flip the Bird"? Because those are one and done, but the dance emotes should be on a loop...please let me know here if that isn't the case.

The new dance emotes aren't looping, no. Playing on PC, can't speak to consoles. 

Also, please refrain from double posting.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

And if I'm wrong, I've  just made an ass out of myself...

Meh, I do it all the time. You learn to get used to it.

And on the bright side, it looks like I'm the one making an ass out of myself:

18 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

No, it'll be its own thread in the Suggestions/Feedback section.

No sound when locking doors or opening drawers as Victoria. Also I played last night and on my friends screen I was just standing there but on my screeen I was running around and this was after Jason grabbed me. I was far away from him but he still killed me 

Besides the Rainbow blood in Pinehurst on the “Jason is here” Challenge and regular map, I have noticed the ground flashing on the Jarvis map in several locations. I haven’t played online multiplayer yet so I don’t know if the same issues are online . These are on Xbox. @wes@ShiftySamurai

2 minutes ago, nowjoshua said:

No sound when locking doors or opening drawers as Victoria. Also I played last night and on my friends screen I was just standing there but on my screeen I was running around and this was after Jason grabbed me. I was far away from him but he still killed me 

Sounds aren't working with any counselor. I can't believe I forgot that one... It's just like the old issue with the weapon sounds (the host can hear it but no one else), but it's with just about everything now.

The other one you described is the rubberbanding issue. Was it after you left the car/boat, or did something else trigger it?

4 minutes ago, nowjoshua said:

Yes, both have been reported, documented, and turned over to QA. Thanks!

Sometimes when I pick up a weapon or bear trap, it turns invisible. I can still use the weapon or BT, I just can't see it. 

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Doesn't work for me. Black screen, with video player, but video doesn't play...But if you sent a report in with description outside of the video, then we got it and documented it.

5 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

Sometimes when I pick up a weapon or bear trap, it turns invisible. I can still use the weapon or BT, I just can't see it. 

Yes, this relates to scaling and has been reported, documented and is in QA currently. Thanks!

Can we get a quick fix to the Bots on Normal/Hard? Pocket Knives are meant to be found, not given as a death certificate pardon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wes said:

Doesn't work for me. Black screen, with video player, but video doesn't play...But if you sent a report in with description outside of the video, then we got it and documented it.

https://gameclipscontent-d3019.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274969841815-private/962bd132-4094-4fc1-85cb-13832990ed63.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=2rgQO9MSgLsMUKH2k%2BhwuAILGBqX15N9kFmJOdPzA3A%3D&__gda__=1527627485_e98f6bdef546f5753c5187b62303ea30

Success?!

This might be the same link... I'm just confusing myself now...

9 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

Besides the Rainbow blood in Pinehurst on the “Jason is here” Challenge and regular map, I have noticed the ground flashing on the Jarvis map in several locations. I haven’t played online multiplayer yet so I don’t know if the same issues are online . These are on Xbox. @ShiftySamurai

We had this exact same problem in the game I'm working on now following the last Unity update. It was a comparability issue with 3rd party program we're using with the terrain. Took about a week to iron out. This game is using Unreal though, so.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

We had this exact same problem in the game I'm working on now following the last Unity update. It was a comparability issue with 3rd party program we're using with the terrain. Took about a week to iron out. This game is using Unreal though, so.

You nailed it on the head. It's an issue with our 3rd party dynamic lighting and the .18 update to UE. We're working now to solve the problem. Weird speculars and shit, shadows not doing their thing properly, etc. 

Priority focus should be on character selection issues, rubberbanding caused by driving the car, and interaction lockout for counselors that use combat stance. At least that's what seems to be causing it. I really can't play this game when I get locked out of interacting with anything in the majority of my matches. I could play the game with minor stuff like jittery kills or Savini Jason's torso flickering oddly as if it's changing between the dry and wet textures, the game has always had worse bugs going on, but I just can't play the game when I'm getting rubberbanded and locked out of interactions.

22 minutes ago, Truth said:

Meh, I do it all the time. You learn to get used to it.

And on the bright side, it looks like I'm the one making an ass out of myself:

I think he was being sarcastic...

Trust me! I know sarcasm when i see it(Being a guy of sarcasm myself, we just know whats sarcasm and whats not). ;) 

2 hours ago, wes said:

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

-W

Good stuff. Keep up your guard and don't forget to jab. 

I'm still here a year in to the release where Destiny, Sea of Thieves, etc are on the backburner. The core gameplay is good, just keep tightening things down until it's purring like a kitten. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wes said:

Are you saying the emotes you unlock via challenges aren't looped? If so, do you mean the dance emotes or the emotes like "Flip the Bird"? Because those are one and done, but the dance emotes should be on a loop...please let me know here if that isn't the case.

The dance ones that you unlock by the skulls in the challenges. For some reason they don't loop like the emote party pack one. 

I'm very impressed today, Wes and Dan I just want to say thanks. You're doing a great job showing the community that we are heard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wes said:

Hey campers,

I wanted to just pop in here to say that we are reading posts. We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website. As well as all the DM's, screenshots, videos from streams, etc, of issues that are popping up since the update. We are quiet at the moment, not because we don't care, ignoring you, ignoring problems, etc. Not that at all. Here's what we're doing:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

2. Looking for more information on each report. A report that says "Game crashes, fix it." requires us to reach out to that reporter for more informaion. (What platform, when does it crash, what were you doing when it happened, do you have video or screenshot of issues, etc.)

3. Consolidate all issues into one working document.

4. Sort issues into categories (animation, art, interactions, network, etc)

5. Mark priority for each issue (high, medium, low)

6. Then we have meeting with ILL (the developers) to go through list and give as much detail as we can.

7. QA at ILL gets spun up to replicate these issues. Upon replicating we can find the issue.

8. All Leads at ILL are briefed on QA findings vs known bug list.

9. Leads at ILL assign bugs to engineers, artists, etc, to fix.

10. Bug ticket marked as "fixed" and then it goes back to QA. QA tests the shit out to assure fix held.

11. On and on until high priority bugs are solid. Then move on down the list. 

12. Then you slate patch date for fixes with all platforms (Sony, MS, Steam) to try to get a patch out as fast as we can.

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

-W

I literally JUST posted that you guys weren't saying anything about the problems with the update and that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for you to do so. Thanks for proving my ass wrong.  :)

• Like 1