wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

I get the impression that the lengthy process of identifying and fixing bugs was explained to us so that its justified when the game isn't fixed any time soon.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Well, @ShiftySamurai sure ignores the hell out of the rubber banding glitch that has been present for months. He literally ignored everybody asking that question to answer small pointless questions. 

What's he supposed to say? He gets tagged about it daily. He knows the issue exists. What is he supposed to do about it? 

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

There are some of them that are way too short.

I agree. I'm just glad that they (at least the ones I've tried) can be cancelled. 

20 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Even though this was posted less than an hour ago, I’m surprised the OP does not have more “likes/thanks.”

I have a tendency to react to a lot of things with the little emote responses, so I find myself out of my "allowance" of likes/thanks pretty early in my daily scan of the forums. I'm not exactly sure why it's a limited resource, tbh. That said, I'm definitely happy to see a big post like this, with multiple official posts in the thread itself addressing these issues so quickly after a major update. 

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

What's he supposed to say? He gets tagged about it daily. He knows the issue exists. What is he supposed to do about it? 

Well... He could start responding to the questions alot faster...

I know it must be annoying for him to get this question all the time. But, that doesn't mean he can leave us hanging...

Its his job, after all. He is the community manager...

Plus! He could just make a thread addressing the rubber-banding issue...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Plus! He could just make a thread addressing the rubber-banding issue...

And say what? 

"We know this is an issue and the guys at IllFonic are working on it."

That's pretty much all he can say about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wes said:

We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website.

You're better than that @wes.  At least make it a challenge:

• Haha 1

@ShiftySamurai @wes content aside, can PC get more frequent updates/hotfixes? Why is it necessary that all platforms get it at once?

Why can't PC get bug fixes along the way and consoles get bundled updates at the end of the month or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You're better than that @wes.  At least make it a challenge:

LOL. my wife uses this quote almost daily! "WE AINT FOUND SHIT!"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Why can't PC get bug fixes along the way and consoles get bundled updates at the end of the month or something?

Better question is, why can't they push out the fixes as they come for ALL platforms?

• Like 2

Just now, Truth said:

And say what? 

"We know this is an issue and the guys at IllFonic are working on it."

That's pretty much all he can say about it. 

It's better then getting bombarded with messages saying...

"What about the ruber-Banding issue? Are you guys going to fix this anytime soon?"

Making a thread discussing the issue would stop people asking him that question over and over again...

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

@ShiftySamurai @wes content aside, can PC get more frequent updates/hotfixes? Why is it necessary that all platforms get it at once?

This is why I hate pc users. They think because their the "master race" they deserve special treatment. 

• Thanks 3

To add onto my original post. We are now at the stage (post meeting with ILL) of putting together a public known bug list. We have to check against bugs that have been reported directly to ILL and make sure we're not duplicating, etc. Hoping to have that list done and posted here in the forums at some point today. 

-W

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

It's better then getting bombarded with messages saying...

"What about the ruber-Banding issue? Are you guys going to fix this anytime soon?"

Making a thread discussing the issue would stop people asking him that question over and over again...

Well maybe that's what this thread IS...

4 minutes ago, wes said:

To add onto my original post. We are now at the stage (post meeting with ILL) of putting together a public known bug list. We have to check against bugs that have been reported directly to ILL and make sure we're not duplicating, etc. Hoping to have that list done and posted here in the forums at some point today. 

-W

Would it potentially be helpful to have folks report bugs/known issues to one portal over another?  I'm thinking about eliminating redundancy in reporting across reddit, discord, the official forums, twitter, Jasonkillsbugs.com, and any of the other possibilities.  Not attempting to be exclusive, mind you, just streamline the process a bit.   

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well maybe that's what this thread IS...

It could be... Your not wrong...

And if I'm wrong, I've  just made an ass out of myself...

Great...

• Haha 1

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

Would it potentially be helpful to have folks report bugs/known issues to one portal over another?  I'm thinking about eliminating redundancy in reporting across reddit, discord, the official forums, twitter, Jasonkillsbugs.com, and any of the other possibilities.  Not attempting to be exclusive, mind you, just streamline the process a bit.   

In the interim, it would ideal to wait until the known bug list is posted. If you are experiencing a bug that isn't described on said bug list, then you can report. Tagging @ShiftySamurai to provide the best avenue for that. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know this is kinda stupid but why the emotes don't loop like the paid ones? There are some of them that are way too short.

Are you saying the emotes you unlock via challenges aren't looped? If so, do you mean the dance emotes or the emotes like "Flip the Bird"? Because those are one and done, but the dance emotes should be on a loop...please let me know here if that isn't the case.

38 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Of the 12 posts in this thread before I responded, none were about car rubberbanding.

However, we are currently investigating vehicle rubberbanding issues.

I’m not referring to this thread. I’m referring to the multiple posts in other threads that you skipped right over. 

30 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don’t know, maybe acknowledge the glitch to let people know that they’re aware of the issue? Make a post in the ‘About F13’ section of the forum like he has for all the content in this update? Maybe get this game-breaking glitch fixed in the three months they had to do it? Something like that. 

1 minute ago, wes said:

Are you saying the emotes you unlock via challenges aren't looped? If so, do you mean the dance emotes or the emotes like "Flip the Bird"? Because those are one and done, but the dance emotes should be on a loop...please let me know here if that isn't the case.

I can let you know, as a counselor that only uses dance emotes, that the dance emotes earned from skull objectives do not loop. They awkwardly end and stop animation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wes said:

Tagging @ShiftySamurai to provide the best avenue for that. 

We've been checking our 4 major communication platforms (forums, reddit, facebook, and twitter), as well as JKB, since the patch released to compile an issues list and gather more information. Replying to every post is difficult (if not impossible), so we have focused on documenting.

I encourage people to continue letting us know about issues on whatever platform is easiest for them.

• Like 1