wes

Post Engine Update...umm..Update

Hey campers,

I wanted to just pop in here to say that we are reading posts. We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website. As well as all the DM's, screenshots, videos from streams, etc, of issues that are popping up since the update. We are quiet at the moment, not because we don't care, ignoring you, ignoring problems, etc. Not that at all. Here's what we're doing:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

2. Looking for more information on each report. A report that says "Game crashes, fix it." requires us to reach out to that reporter for more informaion. (What platform, when does it crash, what were you doing when it happened, do you have video or screenshot of issues, etc.)

3. Consolidate all issues into one working document.

4. Sort issues into categories (animation, art, interactions, network, etc)

5. Mark priority for each issue (high, medium, low)

6. Then we have meeting with ILL (the developers) to go through list and give as much detail as we can.

7. QA at ILL gets spun up to replicate these issues. Upon replicating we can find the issue.

8. All Leads at ILL are briefed on QA findings vs known bug list.

9. Leads at ILL assign bugs to engineers, artists, etc, to fix.

10. Bug ticket marked as "fixed" and then it goes back to QA. QA tests the shit out to assure fix held.

11. On and on until high priority bugs are solid. Then move on down the list. 

12. Then you slate patch date for fixes with all platforms (Sony, MS, Steam) to try to get a patch out as fast as we can.

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

-W

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, wes said:

Hey campers,

I wanted to just pop in here to say that we are reading posts. We are combing through twitter, reddit, this forum, and the endless reports via jasonkillsbugs website. As well as all the DM's, screenshots, videos from streams, etc, of issues that are popping up since the update. We are quiet at the moment, not because we don't care, ignoring you, ignoring problems, etc. Not that at all. Here's what we're doing:

1. We are recording every issue being reported across all social media, forums, etc. 

2. Looking for more information on each report. A report that says "Game crashes, fix it." requires us to reach out to that reporter for more informaion. (What platform, when does it crash, what were you doing when it happened, do you have video or screenshot of issues, etc.)

6. Then we have meeting with ILL (the developers) to go through list and give as much detail as we can.

7. QA at ILL gets spun up to replicate these issues. Upon replicating we can find the issue.

10. Bug ticket marked as "fixed" and then it goes back to QA. QA tests the shit out to assure fix held.

12. Then you slate patch date for fixes with all platforms (Sony, MS, Steam) to try to get a patch out as fast as we can.

So we're not ignoring. We are listening and acting instantly. I apologize you're not getting responses directly or indirectly to current issues. I hope this quick post helps explain. We're here, we're fighting.

-W

You guys are doing a great job!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

That is awesome , you´re finally telling us. These People are just exaggerating , now they finally won´t complain anymore.....hopefully.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, wes said:

Sounds like we could all save a lot of time and frustration by cutting out the middle man...

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Fingers crossed high priority means combat, car, and spawn bugs. 

I've honestly seen no major problems on the SPC's or with Offline Bots - those are the most impressive things about the update along with the perks like emotes and weapon swapping. 

The multiplayer right now gives me shivers. 

• Like 1

Clarification about the whole spawing with the wrong Jason thing would be nice. To know if it´s true you can actually spawn with Uberjason without having done anything to get him. I am not touching MP until this is cleared when they started to ban again.

Some PS4 issues.

Not sure if anyone got this bug, but Jason stepped on one of my traps while I was hiding under a bed on one of the small maps.  As the notice came up, my character stood up from under the bed.  I couldn't move or do anything except hold my breath.  Jason came in and grabbed me, which shouldn't be possible if I was under the bed which fixed the issue.  Being killed isn't really a great solution.

Second, Jason hit me with a knife as I climbed out of the 2nd story window in Packanack.  Its the last room on the right.  As I fell out of the window, I froze in the air and couldn't move.  Jason killed me with throwing knives.

SP Challenge Bug:

ESCAPE Challenge - sometimes Jenny and Kenny enter the house and don't move.  Both of them stand at the entry way frozen in place.  They stay this way the entire match.  Kenny is supposed to go downstairs and Jenny is supposed to go to the kitchen.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Clarification about the whole spawing with the wrong Jason thing would be nice. To know if it´s true you can actually spawn with Uberjason without having done anything to get him. I am not touching MP until this is cleared when they started to ban again.

I'd posted an image of my screwed up Jason spawn on other threads. It happens. If I pop in to a match as Uber I will quit. Immediately. 

Things off the top of my head.

1. All the emotes in the last column on the right can't be used...not that I give a shit about emotes...but still for those that do.

2. Jason really can't combat stance doors anymore effectively as before

3. Windows seem worse, the prompt is pretty much a necessity now, even combat stance misses sometimes

4. Things others have mentioned...the glitches, the Uber Jason hacks/kills

Plus everything else mentioned.

• Confused 1

Well....... That's one thing down. Now a thread on Trolls, Teamers, Cheaters, Exploiters, Quitters, Hackers and what is going to be done to curb these things.

Yes..... Trolling is a matter of perspective.

No..... Teaming should not be okay.

Yes..... Cheaters should be banned.

Yes..... Exploiters should be seen as Cheaters. See the above statement.

No....... Quitting shouldn't be a "circumstantial" offense. If you're hosting, don't quit until the session is complete. If you are not a host, don't quit until the session is complete or until your kill animation is done and you are spectating . If you can't play an entire session, wait to play until you can play a entire session.

Yes........ Hacking should fall under cheating and be treated as such. Hacking the game for unreleased content, an advantage in gameplay or for cosmetic reasons should not be seen as anything other than what it is, and that's wrong.

(Bring on the hate ???)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@DasMurich Oh well, so much for that. yeah, i would quit too. I´d rather go in the mines than getting a ban for a bug. Better safe than sorry here, so i play SP only right now tough.

+13 @BrokenFattHardy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The possibility of spawning as Uber without selecting him is very small, but fear not, the people being banned right now are done because there is definitive proof that the character was accessed by other means. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, wes said:

Hey campers,

-W

The phone box doesn't spawn at the two main houses in the Jarvis map :

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19128-why-packanack-higgins-haven-pinehurst-maps-are-better-received-than-the-jarvis-house-and-ways-to-fix-it/

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The possibility of spawning as Uber without selecting him is very small, but fear not, the people being banned right now are done because there is definitive proof that the character was accessed by other means. 

So the rumors are true. Nice! Good riddance to these POS hackers/exploiters.

Even though this was posted less than an hour ago, I’m surprised the OP does not have more “likes/thanks.”

Well, @ShiftySamurai sure ignores the hell out of the rubber banding glitch that has been present for months. He literally ignored everybody asking that question to answer small pointless questions. 

Also, what kind of QA do you guys have working for you? How do they miss these blatantly OBVIOUS bugs? Including bugs that have been present for multiple updates? Do you guys actually have a QA team?

If this update is the best you guys could put together with three months of absolute focus and priority, I don’t see how anybody should expect anything good from another update. Hire experts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

At least the thread title gave me a chuckle. 

Glad to see they arebdoing something, whether it is anything soon or not though....

2 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Well, @ShiftySamurai sure ignores the hell out of the rubber banding glitch that has been present for months. He literally ignored everybody asking that question to answer small pointless questions. 

Of the 12 posts in this thread before I responded, none were about car rubberbanding.

However, we are currently investigating vehicle rubberbanding issues.

• Like 6

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

Of the 12 posts in this thread before I responded, none were about car rubberbanding.

However, we are currently investigating vehicle rubberbanding issues.

There are also Door, window and hiding spot rubberband issues also Ive seen if not reported.

QA at ILL???? There’s QA????? Because most of these glitches are apparent with just one single play through. I’m not sure how it made it by QA. This game has never had so many visual and audio glitches before. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

There are also Door, window and hiding spot rubberband issues also Ive seen if not reported.

I don't think I've seen reports of this. Could you throw me a PM with more details?

Hopefully bug/glitch fixes are the top priority for you guys...

I think everything else can be placed on the back burner for now... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This is true as well. Rubberbanding is now an issue across the board, but it seems much worse than anything we've seen before.

I was playing this morning and left the car, jumped through a window, went into the building and went to barricade the back door, and suddenly I'm yanked all the way back to the car and lose my pocket knife because Jason grabbed me. Fun stuff.

• Haha 1