Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

The multiplayer is worse now

2 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

For Interraction locked i've found a way to unlock yourself, go near a door quickly press R2,R1,O,Triangle quickly multiple time then you should be free,But he solve the problem until you broke a new weapon again and again.

PS: I don't know the key for PC and Xbox.

Sorry for Third posting i thought i got quoted.

Could you tell me what those four buttons do? If you did I could easily determine the PC equivalent.

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

It was clearly foolish to expect otherwise.

I guess we should have known that since the patch included SP Challenges, that it was the only thing that was likely getting any real attention for the update.

The only improvement to MP was removing door hitting for counselors. Now the game flows a bit more like it should. But it's ruined by the glitches that still remain, and the car rubber banding actually got worse.

The fact that drawer animations are basically cut in half and sounds dropping all over sucks too. Not game breaking by any means. But still disheartening.

Negatives still outweigh the positives by a wide margin.

I think there was plenty of positive stuff. I just hope the developers start using that back door they installed into the new engine to start cleaning this house up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I’ve taken the time to give my opinion on this new patch, I like the player challenges, but that is about it,  the multiplayer is much worse, there are even more bugs, everything to opening up a drawer takes longer, Jason’s grab is pathetic, hit detection still sucks, did I mention more glitches? , as far as single player bot, they are stil, just as dumb, the only difference is that most of them have pocket knives and firecrackers.

The offline bots are way smarter than before in my opinion! 

Edit: I’m not being sarcastic. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tailypo said:

I’m actually doing really well with the new grab. My only complaint with it is that it needs to be more in line with the width of Jason’s body and not just his head or whatever it’s currently tied to.

That would help. Right now a level of precision is needed that doesn't quite work when it comes to smooth playability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

We do. We know that the interaction lockouts have something to do with combat stance, and I'm hearing they removed the pseudo combat stance exploit so it's probably tied to that, just like car rubberbanding started when they removed car surfing and made traps work on the car door. And now that they've further changed how cars work, rubberbanding is even worse. It's not that hard to pinpoint where the bad code is.

Them removing pseudo combat tsance broke pretty much everything else. Quick swing on counselor's end, quick block on Jason's end, and the interaction glitch. To be honest, pseudo combat stance was barely, if ever, used outside of PC and was hardly worth patching when it adds all of these new problems and only fixes the problems of Jason accidentally interaction locking himself if he did quick block and sprint simultaneously and counselors being able to save stamina while sprinting on PC (the inputs are pretty much impoasible to do consistently on console).

They should revert its removal since it clearly break combat. Even if they fix the interaction bug, Jason is a victim to evwn more beatdowns ithout being able to quick so that he can block-grab, and counselors going for quick swing will be stuck in place and will get grabbed for free.

Gunmedia programmers suffer from attention deficit disorder ?

The latest patch has led me to believe that no amount of tweaking / updating can save this sinking ship of a game.

QP is a think of the past for me. I just played a bit of Offline Bots (who still cannot escape) and then Single Player Challenges, which I found quite boring and mundane.

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Could you tell me what those four buttons do? If you did I could easily determine the PC equivalent.

R2 = Melee/drive forward in car

R1 = Pan camera behind you/block

O/Circle = Crouch

Triangle = Emote wheel/Use sweater

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

You haven't been playing enough. Use of combat stance will bug the counselor sooner rather than later and prevent them from interaction, and the bugs that affect the drivers of cars when they get out of the car are worse than ever. I'd actually say this is the least playable the game has been since launch, and I've stopped playing because of it.

I am speaking from my personal experience. I have not experienced the combat stance issue at all and the rubberbanding issue only happened to me once, and that was my first time overall, not just this weekend. I'm sorry to hear that your experience has been different and I hope the devs correct these outstanding issues and fast.

10 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

What we can do it's reproduce it in private then record from Counselors side, Asking Jason to hit you to show that your characters are still at the car door, then show from Jason side what is really going on from his view. Maybe i will do it myself with a friend tomorrow.

Edit: i suspect it to be a tick rate problems.

Stop making excuses for their apathy towards the situation.  They know about it, they just have bigger fish to fry, like adding in additional counselors or more SPC.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Stop making excuses for their apathy towards the situation.  They know about it, they just have bigger fish to fry, like adding in additional counselors or more SPC.

Sounds right

10 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

R2 for swinging

R1 to block or changing camera to see behind you

O for crouching ,

triangle for rear mode in cars , emote wheel and sweater.

Yeah, mp is a still a bit buggy. I had a game where I entered the car, teleported behind it ten feet, and was dragged by the car like I was tied on a rope, and when Jason hit it, I fell under the map into water, and was stuck for ten minutes. But the update isn’t a total flop. Challenges were good, actually found multiple tapes, weapon swapping is cool, but mixed feelings on the grab. Nice that I can grab counselors through couches, but miss and hello baseball bat. I’ve had a couple of fights with a counselor when we kept missing each other ten plus times. It was funny, but got old then tenth back and forth battle. Overall, they did alright. Could definitely be better, but still fun. 

Thought I'd share this here too because we can't forget about the broke-ass character selection. That and there's just so many thread options I just can't settle on what's best.

I'm running Eric with Preparedness, Thick Skin, and Swift Attacker. I'm spawning as someone else about 50% of the time with the Preparedness kicking in (spawn with a map) but I can still pick up the first map I find. 

Also, last game this morning I was Jason. I had chosen Part 7 with the Pigsplitter and got this instead -

rljwkmE.jpg

What makes me angry is how they spent months telling us the didn't want to release a broken bug filled patch...Then they release a broken bug filled patch...

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

What makes me angry is how they spent months telling us the didn't want to release a broken bug filled patch...Then they release a broken bug filled patch...

well you can´t expect them to forget about their signature move at the first try....

11 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Lmao this. So much this. It sums up gun/illfonic perfectly.

It's a single player game now. The complainers won.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

go near a door quickly press R2,R1,O,Triangle quickly multiple time then you should be free

How is this even a thing? I'd expect to read something like this in Nintendo Power but it would be yielding extra lives or something useful. 

There never ever should be a post like this. Ever. 

Once you pick up the gas can, cross the cabin over to the bathroom, stand next to the door, crouch, and then press up, up, down, down, left, right.......

15 hours ago, Dolemite said:

They fucked up Jason's grab. Anyone directly in front of you and it works fine. If they're even a wee bit off center, you completely miss and are totally vulnerable. They need to revert the grab back to pre-update.

when I was in offline mode the bots timing and accuracy is Amazing lmao they knew when to hit me everytime I missed! I mean right on beat!

15 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

and the car rubber banding actually got worse.

This is mind blowing.  The number one glitch I wanted patched, got an upgrade along with the engine. Unbelievable. What is even more disheartening is reading in another thread the devs are blaming this on lag and said it will be fixed with dedicated servers?? WTF?!  Weren’t dedicated servers bumped down the priority list? 

I haven't signed into this forum in such time that I forgot my password on here. So I'm now here to complain after my first post when the game was brand new. When they fixed the first issues that the game had, I was content with the game. I loved it to the point where I've reached level 150. Now the gameplay has become horrible, especially playing as Jason. I hate his new "T-Rex" grab while feeling like walking in cement boots. It's now frustrating to play as this new "updated" slow-paced Jason! In the previous match that I just had, the counselors ran circles around me and continuously counter-hit me with bats after attempting to grab them with Jason's updated T-Rex reach. The game frustrated me to the point where I no longer want to consistently play this game like I used to. I also noticed that lobbys become empty now after just 1 match, people are leaving the game! This whole thing reminds me of the saying, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". Well, they tried to "fix" the game and broke it even more in my opinion. I loved this game, it was my number one favorite game, but it has fell from that rank unfortunately. I no longer want to play this game like I used to and will most likely revert to playing other games. I really hope this game gets fixed, if not then  all I can say to the developers is Thanks for the memories.. This game was definitely one of my favorite games of all time before the recent update. The developers / programmers really fumbled the ball with the update. I sincerely wish them the best on their next update, but my friday the 13th game will now start to collect dust until then.