Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

The multiplayer is worse now

I’ve taken the time to give my opinion on this new patch, I like the player challenges, but that is about it,  the multiplayer is much worse, there are even more bugs, everything to opening up a drawer takes longer, Jason’s grab is pathetic, hit detection still sucks, did I mention more glitches? , as far as single player bot, they are stil, just as dumb, the only difference is that most of them have pocket knives and firecrackers.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’ve taken the time to give my opinion on this new patch, I like the player challenges, but that is about it,  the multiplayer is much worse, there are even more bugs, everything to opening up a drawer takes longer, Jason’s grab is pathetic, hit detection still sucks, did I mention more glitches? , as far as single player bot, they are stil, just as dumb, the only difference is that most of them have pocket knives and firecrackers.

You are correct.

• Like 1

There definitely are some bugs/glitches present in QP that I hope they issue a hotfix for soon: Drawers are noticeably glitchy, sound FX, like barricading doors, are gone, and some textures are a little wonky throughout, but nothing game breaking in my opinion. I happen to like Jason's new grab.

One major improvement I've noticed though is a cosmic shift in the amount of rage quitting. I played a ton this weekend on PS4 - enough to level 18 times from 102 to 120 - and I only had a host leave twice. That was a great feeling. Seems like the Salt Mines are a nice temporary solve to this issue until dedicated servers can be added.

As for Offline Bots, I felt like the AI is much more improved from where it was - which was absolutely terrible? I had a group of bots actually fix and escape in a car on me (mostly because I didn't trap the car because I was used to the bots not even trying), and the cops got called a few rounds as well. I even saw a bot using a pocket knife on a trap I placed. They've come a long way from bots getting stuck on rocks and swimming in circles!

It was clearly foolish to expect otherwise.

I guess we should have known that since the patch included SP Challenges, that it was the only thing that was likely getting any real attention for the update.

The only improvement to MP was removing door hitting for counselors. Now the game flows a bit more like it should. But it's ruined by the glitches that still remain, and the car rubber banding actually got worse.

The fact that drawer animations are basically cut in half and sounds dropping all over sucks too. Not game breaking by any means. But still disheartening.

Negatives still outweigh the positives by a wide margin.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

There definitely are some bugs/glitches present in QP that I hope they issue a hotfix for soon: Drawers are noticeably glitchy, sound FX, like barricading doors, are gone, and some textures are a little wonky throughout, but nothing game breaking in my opinion. I happen to like Jason's new grab.

One major improvement I've noticed though is a cosmic shift in the amount of rage quitting. I played a ton this weekend on PS4 - enough to level 18 times from 102 to 120 - and I only had a host leave twice. That was a great feeling. Seems like the Salt Mines are a nice temporary solve to this issue until dedicated servers can be added.

As for Offline Bots, I felt like the AI is much more improved from where it was - which was absolutely terrible? I had a group of bots actually fix and escape in a car on me (mostly because I didn't trap the car because I was used to the bots not even trying), and the cops got called a few rounds as well. I even saw a bot using a pocket knife on a trap I placed. They've come a long way from bots getting stuck on rocks and swimming in circles!

I agree. The bots are much more interesting to battle against than they were before.

They fucked up Jason's grab. Anyone directly in front of you and it works fine. If they're even a wee bit off center, you completely miss and are totally vulnerable. They need to revert the grab back to pre-update.

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

And they apparently made med sprays into an emote you can pick up because now you just act like you're using one but it actually doesn't heal you at all.

35 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It was clearly foolish to expect otherwise.

I guess we should have known that since the patch included SP Challenges, that it was the only thing that was likely getting any real attention for the update.

The only improvement to MP was removing door hitting for counselors. Now the game flows a bit more like it should. But it's ruined by the glitches that still remain, and the car rubber banding actually got worse.

The fact that drawer animations are basically cut in half and sounds dropping all over sucks too. Not game breaking by any means. But still disheartening.

Negatives still outweigh the positives by a wide margin.

Don't you have some public outing to do or did I miss that juicy business?

• Haha 1

I’ve been stuck in an opening drawer glitch twice now. I was able to get out of the first one because it let me use my firecrackers which unbroke (lol) the glitch. The second time I wasn’t so lucky and I just quit. Sick of it

38 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

but nothing game breaking in my opinion.

You haven't been playing enough. Use of combat stance will bug the counselor sooner rather than later and prevent them from interaction, and the bugs that affect the drivers of cars when they get out of the car are worse than ever. I'd actually say this is the least playable the game has been since launch, and I've stopped playing because of it.

10 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Don't you have some public outing to do or did I miss that juicy business?

Give it time ;)

• Like 1

As to why all this bugginess got though, who Knows?   If they had staff doing the playtesting, they clearly don't know how to REALLY play the game, and just signed this off as working.  If they had anyone there that can actually play this game, It's very clear that it's broken.  If some people that plays still thinking its a good patch, give it another week.  By then, EVERYONE will know how busted this game is, and can nolonger be played in any meaningful exchange between players.  I love this game, but the fact is... ITS BROKEN... ?

55 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

They fucked up Jason's grab. Anyone directly in front of you and it works fine. If they're even a wee bit off center, you completely miss and are totally vulnerable. They need to revert the grab back to pre-update.

I’m actually doing really well with the new grab. My only complaint with it is that it needs to be more in line with the width of Jason’s body and not just his head or whatever it’s currently tied to.

The devs cant handle this game. Its too much for them. This latest patch is just yet more evidence of that. I love this game and I wish it were different, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FridayFan13 said:

The devs cant handle this game. Its too much for them. This latest patch is just yet more evidence of that. I love this and I wish it were different, but it is what it is.

Considering the singleplayer is almost bug free and works just fine, I would say that they can handle it but their priorities are completely out of line.

Thats true giving credit where its due Yeah, maybe if it was SP game they wouldnt be so in over their heads, but now! forget it.

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

I'm still encountering this issue quite frequently. Not as bad, but definitely bad still. The number of people that still quit right away, or quit when they leave is staggering, almost like people don't know that they're gaining salt levels.

This forum make me laugh instead of just threating , insult and criticize the devs there is no argument, instead you could tell them how you reproduce each issues you encounter when you play.

But that forum is unkind if devs loses motivation it's the fault of players like you the game overall work very fine but i must admit, he did bring a lot of issues ( Interraction locked when a weapon break as Counselors , Car rubberbending , Weapon being as large than normal , visual issues , FX sound not working well such no sound for Doors/Barricading , Going Up/downstairs). For Rubberbending it's for me i suppose a tick rate problem simple as that.

If you feel that they are uncompetent simply ask for a job at illfonic we'll see how you can do.

7 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

instead you could tell them how you reproduce each issues you encounter when you play.

We do. We know that the interaction lockouts have something to do with combat stance, and I'm hearing they removed the pseudo combat stance exploit so it's probably tied to that, just like car rubberbanding started when they removed car surfing and made traps work on the car door. And now that they've further changed how cars work, rubberbanding is even worse. It's not that hard to pinpoint where the bad code is.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

If you feel that they are uncompetent simply ask for a job at illfonic we'll see how you can do.

Hey illfonic, can I have a job?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

We do. We know that the interaction lockouts have something to do with combat stance, and I'm hearing they removed the pseudo combat stance exploit so it's probably tied to that, just like car rubberbanding started when they removed car surfing and made traps work on the car door. And now that they've further changed how cars work, rubberbanding is even worse. It's not that hard to pinpoint where the bad code is.

What we can do it's reproduce it in private then record from Counselors side, Asking Jason to hit you to show that your characters are still at the car door, then show from Jason side what is really going on from his view. Maybe i will do it myself with a friend tomorrow.

Edit: i suspect it to be a tick rate problems.

Edited by xllxENIGMAxllx

1 minute ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

What we can do it's reproduce it in private then record from Counselors side, Asking Jason to hit you to show that your characters are still at the car door, then show from Jason side what is really going on from his view. Maybe i will do it myself with a friend tomorrow.

Edit: i suspect it to be a tick rate problems.

Rubberbanding has been in the game since December. If the devs don't know what it is already then they never will.

• Like 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Rubberbanding has been in the game since December. If the devs don't know what it is already then they never will.

Sure is but the thing i think they know what it is but, they don't know what is causing this.

I've been playing everyday since the update and have still been having a blast. There's glitches here and there but the game is not unplayable. Just needs a little more work. And I like Jason's new grab.

4 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Sure is but the thing i think they know what it is but, they don't know what is causing this.

Tommy86 has pointed out that it started when they changed how cars work to remove the car surfing exploit. It's safe to say the bad code is there. And then when they changed how cars drive with this update it got worse. So that's a pretty good lead.

There's glitches here and there but the game is not unplayable.

I consider getting locked out of interacting with anything in the majority of my matches to be unplayable. The car also not being viable because nobody even wants to try it with guaranteed rubberbanding if the car is stopped also feels pretty unplayable to me. Fix both of those issues and I might be willing to play even with the character select not always working and all the sound and visual bugs, or Jason's block being finicky.

12 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I've been playing everyday since the update and have still been having a blast. There's glitches here and there but the game is not unplayable. Just needs a little more work. And I like Jason's new grab.

I'm glad you like it.

12 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Tommy86 has pointed out that it started when they changed how cars work to remove the car surfing exploit. It's safe to say the bad code is there. And then when they changed how cars drive with this update it got worse. So that's a pretty good lead.

Yes it's probable as they have added more code for the drifting mechanic it's definitely a good lead.

Sorry for double posting.

12 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

I consider getting locked out of interacting with anything in the majority of my matches to be unplayable. The car also not being viable because nobody even wants to try it with guaranteed rubberbanding if the car is stopped also feels pretty unplayable to me. Fix both of those issues and I might be willing to play even with the character select not always working and all the sound and visual bugs, or Jason's block being finicky.

For Interraction locked i've found a way to unlock yourself, go near a door quickly press R2,R1,O,Triangle quickly multiple time then you should be free,But he solve the problem until you broke a new weapon again and again.

PS: I don't know the key for PC and Xbox.

Sorry for Third posting i thought i got quoted.