I would love to actually get a cheater to respond and explain why they do it. Someone that admits to cheating in this or other games, even if they remain anonymous, and explain the psychology and reasoning for why they do it.

And then ask the devs for why more measures haven't been taken to fix the cheater problem on PC.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would love to actually get a cheater to respond and explain why they do it. Someone that admits to cheating in this or other games, even if they remain anonymous, and explain the psychology and reasoning for why they do it.

And then ask the devs for why more measures haven't been taken to fix the cheater problem on PC.

They've danced around banning people consistently now.

Team killers still run rampant in quick play on all platforms. Glitchers and exploiters are still finding spots to hide and play unfairly, and were even unbanned in the October update giving them a chance to "reform."

As for the PC thing with the Jason X and other unreleased content, who knows what's going on with that? They've been pretty quiet on that front.

Which kind of cheating are we talking about? People cheat in Uber Jason because they want to play as Uber Jason. But if you mean speedhacking and other things which give an advantage, even just exploits like glitching into an inaccessible place, they do this just to fuck with the other players and derive enjoyment from their annoyance.

There no great mystery there.  They do it because they can.

Because their parents believed in soothing instead of spanking.

Because people are dicks.

Ona more serious note, they do it because there are no consequences.  Ask any parent; empty threats to a child are sniffed out immediately.  If little Johnny is 11 and drinking daddy's beers, daddy had better teach Johnny a lesson.  All this touchy-feely PC parenting is ruining kids.  They have more rights than I had before I was 21, and NO responsibilities.  Without consequences, there's no deterrent to the activity, and the same goes for cheaters.

• Like 2

I would love to actually get a cheater to respond and explain why they do it.

I cheat. I absolutely cheat. But I don't cheat in F13. I cheat in games that I love and have already completely played through multiple times. But this is coming from someone that still, pretty regularly, plays older games.

I cheat in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I've completed the game twice going to the Darkside and once going to the Light. Now when I jump in there on occasion I use the developer mode where I can just get what I want and manipulate what I want and enjoy it.

When Doom 3 came out I played through it 4 times on the XBox. Bought it for PC eventually and played through that. And now I run the cheats when I play. And when BFG edition came out I bought that and cheat there too. 

And hacking/modding games is something I'll do too. But again, these are games I've played 100 times over. 

It keeps them fun and fresh and interesting. I don't it because I love the games. But these are also not online games. 

As to why someone hacks and cheats in a game like F13? Depends on the payoff. 

There's a big difference between "Ha ha I have Uber early!" and "Ha ha I can see everything at all times and I'm impervious to stuns".

Expanding - The pictures I posted of the few Jason skins, to me, isn't a big deal in my opinion. Personally, I think they look like utter shit and for that reason alone I don't like them. But the Part 7 with the NES skin was also running in God Mode and that I don't think is acceptable. IF IF IF the developers gave a pass on something like custom skins - and only skins - it would keep some life in the game and it isn't a bad thing for the community. For example, weapon swapping, would it not be sick if a modder made really, really superb Savini based skins for the weapons? A machete that was dark and weathered, black with ash and rust, with glowing red veins smoldering on it while it flaked away and had some heat distortion on it? That would be unbelievably cool. That, I would be down for. Because we'll never get that from the developers. We'll never get an ice-laced popsicle Jason inspired by Jason X. Those things come from a healthy modding community.

Quite a simple answer: because they can.  Really doesn't get any more simple than that.  No in game report system.  No quick, easy way of reporting players so why wouldn't they?  Even if you take time to do the work for Gun nothing gets done.  So I'd imagine the answer would quite simply be, "because I can".  Sucks, but it is what it is with this game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ShiftySamurai@[IllFonic]Courier
The following video is regarding Nintendo but it is just as relevant here as it is for them.

You guys need to take care of the cheater situation on PC. Enough people have complained about the situation that it warrants an official statement.

Oh God this guy is the worst. People will watch anything. 

Did this redundant video need its own thread? What about the other 5000 hacking and cheating threads it could've went into?

And why do the devs need to watch this? This is for hackers to see. 

18 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I cheat. I absolutely cheat. But I don't cheat in F13. I cheat in games that I love and have already completely played through multiple times. But this is coming from someone that still, pretty regularly, plays older games.

I cheat in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I've completed the game twice going to the Darkside and once going to the Light. Now when I jump in there on occasion I use the developer mode where I can just get what I want and manipulate what I want and enjoy it.

When Doom 3 came out I played through it 4 times on the XBox. Bought it for PC eventually and played through that. And now I run the cheats when I play. And when BFG edition came out I bought that and cheat there too. 

And hacking/modding games is something I'll do too. But again, these are games I've played 100 times over. 

It keeps them fun and fresh and interesting. I don't it because I love the games. But these are also not online games. 

There's a big difference between "Ha ha I have Uber early!" and "Ha ha I can see everything at all times and I'm impervious to stuns".

Expanding - The pictures I posted of the few Jason skins, to me, isn't a big deal in my opinion. Personally, I think they look like utter shit and for that reason alone I don't like them. But the Part 7 with the NES skin was also running in God Mode and that I don't think is acceptable. IF IF IF the developers gave a pass on something like custom skins - and only skins - it would keep some life in the game and it isn't a bad thing for the community. For example, weapon swapping, would it not be sick if a modder made really, really superb Savini based skins for the weapons? A machete that was dark and weathered, black with ash and rust, with glowing red veins smoldering on it while it flaked away and had some heat distortion on it? That would be unbelievably cool. That, I would be down for. Because we'll never get that from the developers. We'll never get an ice-laced popsicle Jason inspired by Jason X. Those things come from a healthy modding community.

I think that the devs likely can’t give a pass on the skins because of restrictions they may have with the F13 licensing. If they allowed people to alter Jason skins then there is no logical belief that they would stop at just a slight alteration. They could theoretically change Jason to look like anything: a werewolf, or even worse, Michael Myers. That could potentially lead to a copyright infringement lawsuit. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I feel bad for the PC players, it must be tough. I agree though a few bad apples fuck it up for everyone.

That's why I prefer oranges to apples...

Some people cheat in a game at some point. I draw the line at cheating in an online game.

35 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

There no great mystery there.  They do it because they can.

Because their parents believed in soothing instead of spanking.

Because people are dicks.

Ona more serious note, they do it because there are no consequences.  Ask any parent; empty threats to a child are sniffed out immediately.  If little Johnny is 11 and drinking daddy's beers, daddy had better teach Johnny a lesson.  All this touchy-feely PC parenting is ruining kids.  They have more rights than I had before I was 21, and NO responsibilities.  Without consequences, there's no deterrent to the activity, and the same goes for cheaters.

I can relate to the empty threat concept. I had a spoiled nephew visit today for the cookout I threw for the family, and I was disgusted by his parents' lack of discipline. He was acting up, and all his parents could do was make empty threats. I lead him by the arm to his parents, and he stays close to them for the rest of the evening.

18 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I prefer to enjoy a game the first time around without cheats, walkthroughs, or any other methods of assistance. After completing a game, I'll use cheats and tricks for fun, just to see how different things can be. I do not believe in cheating in an online game, as that is a dick move. If you need to cheat to have an advantage in a game, that tells all one needs to know about a person as a gamer.

Here's a way to understand why Cheaters cheat & Trolls troll...........

"Some people can only "get off" if they are also dominating their partner."

Only problem is.......there is no "Safe Word"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I can relate to the empty threat concept. I had a spoiled nephew visit today for the cookout I threw for the family, and I was disgusted by his parents' lack of discipline. He was acting up, and all his parents could do was make empty threats. I lead him by the arm to his parents, and he stays close to them for the rest of the evening.

Tell me about it.  My kid is in Cub Scouts right now, and most of the parents go out of their way to actively allow their kids to run roughshod.  No discipline whatsoever, so I'm more than happy to be the "mean" parent.  I'll yell at my kid, at your kid, at anyone's kid if that kid is doing something either dangerous or stupid.  

I'll say this, though, those kids listen to me now, and their coward parents don't say a word to me.  It sickens me when parents aren't doing their job.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Tell me about it.  My kid is in Cub Scouts right now, and most of the parents go out of their way to actively allow their kids to run roughshod.  No discipline whatsoever, so I'm more than happy to be the "mean" parent.  I'll yell at my kid, at your kid, at anyone's kid if that kid is doing something either dangerous or stupid.  

I'll say this, though, those kids listen to me now, and their coward parents don't say a word to me.

Congrats to you on this, homie. My son has 2 ranks to move up before he hits Eagle. It's been quite a journey and you are right.........SOOO many of those kids just run over their parents and the parents act like that's how it's supposed to be. It's unbelievable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would love to actually get a cheater to respond and explain why they do it.

It's outright narcissism, with often no punishments from their actions.

"I can put myself in a better position than you because I'm smart enough and talented enough. This puts me on a much higher level than you, so let your whining and threats commence, little people. You just wish you were me."

Sadly, that's often the thought process.

Then, when they ARE caught, they think it's only because too many people were jealous of them and wanted to "knock them down a few rungs." They feel they can do what they want, so long as they're "smart enough" to cover their tracks -- and that no one close to them will hold them accountable for anything. 

Ever heard of Ethan Couch?

• Like 1

In regards to current cheats/exploits, there's one thing in particular I need clarification on. A couple of times since the update I've played against Jasons that have been covered in a weird patchwork of texture panels (some missing with big empty white patches, some not), often using non-stock weapons (Unsure of what level the player was, so this could just be weapon-swap), and often times wearing a completely different mask than appropriate for their part.

Like last night I played against a Part 6 using the double-bit axe from Part 9 who had the glitchy textures all over his body and what looked like Part 4's mask. I didn't notice any excessively strange gameplay behavior from this Jason, but then again I only saw him in the match when he killed me as I managed to avoid him the rest of the time. 

Is this a hack/cheat of some kind, or just the game hemorrhaging assets all over my matches?  

@TailypoIt seems that the update is bugged heavily. People claim they get Jasons/counselors in match they didn´t choose and it seems Uber is also in that mix. I am not going to test it tough. I am gonna stay away from MP until they fix this crap.

Well they are apparently having a 'meeting' today about a number of topics included in the update.

Its amazing what some of the people have been reporting though.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

Things considered

1. Jobs on the line

2. More hiring required

3. New/Different Q/A team. I remember during development of Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2. Valve admitted they used family members as playtesters...that's not good enough.

If the meeting is all roses and sunshine, that's not good.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well they are apparently having a 'meeting' today about a number of topics included in the update.

Its amazing what some of the people have been reporting though.

Things considered

1. Jobs on the line

2. More hiring required

3. New/Different Q/A team. I remember during development of Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2. Valve admitted they used family members as playtesters...that's not good enough.

Yeah, I'm not sure who they had testing this game, but that needs to go another route. Noticed bugs in prob first half hour of playing that have been replicated many times over the weekend. Unless they knew about the bugs and couldn't fix them in time before the 1year, but in that case, maybe they need some new devs...

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Ever heard of Ethan Couch?

I hate myself for knowing who you were referring to.

Also, "Ethan"? He looks more like a "Jimbo Billy Bob" to me.  I mean, letting his mother cut his hair would be an upgrade.

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Things considered

1. Jobs on the line

2. More hiring required

(Gonna just be myself and wait for the inevitable to happen, but here goes........)

You forgot laughter and brainstorming for new content ideas that might shut the complainers up.

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

When you think about it, it’s actually sociopathic behaviour. If you’re destroying someone’s gaming experience and you feel absolutely no regret, or remorse for it, there is something wrong with you. I could never ruin someone else’s gaming experience. I would feel awful. But I’m not a sociopath. Once I quit while I was about to be killed as Jason, and I could barely sleep because I just ruined 5 people’s chance at being involved in a Jason kill. Iiid

5 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'll say this, though, those kids listen to me now, and their coward parents don't say a word to me.  It sickens me when parents aren't doing their job.

According to most of my close friends, I have the "mean parent" reputation as well.