Just now, Lexandremon said:

They have to, is their WORK, we paid for it.
They have to at least do something about it.

No they don’t and won’t. Do you honestly believe that anyone out there that has Savini Jason at this point is ever going to lose him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

If you think they will take the time and effort to do that, you are crazy.  Plus, how would they know if someone got a code through backing, and then that person sold the code on eBay to someone else. (Which by the way I see no issues with.) That gets into a gray area that they wont’t touch with a 10 foot pole.

Agreed. Wes posted on another thread they have a meeting today so hopefully some light can be shone on the bugs, Jason X and new weapon kills that are out there now. This Savini talk is just wasted breath at this point.

I am looking for news on what they plan on fixing and what their plans are for the content that's currently unreleased but out there anyways.

Just now, Treymaker said:

If you think they will take the time and effort to do that, you are crazy.  Plus, how would they know if someone got a code through backing, and then that person sold the code on eBay to someone else. (Which by the way I see no issues with.) That gets into a gray area they that wont’t touch with a 10 foot pole.

That's why in my other thread I said just forget about normal Savini he is already tainted, let people use him, his weapon whatever as he's inherently worthless to backers since anyone and their mother could have got their hands on him if they were in the right place at the right time. Release something new for backers since I agree, there is no proper way to remove the character without a shitstorm brewing. Both parties can walk away happy if done right, backers won't feel betrayed/let down and have something actually worth showing that we helped create the game and get it off it's feet during it's infancy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Treymaker said:

No they don’t and won’t. Do you honestly believe that anyone out there that has Savini Jason at this point is ever going to lose him?

You should ask this for a developer, not for me. 

57 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

There is no way to know which people used/purchased codes that were “stolen” and which people used codes that were not. And if you are going to claim there is a way, I guarantee its 1000 times more time consuming than the value of doing it. 

Not knowing something is illegal doesn´t protect you from beeing punished for it. At least not in my country. You commmit a crime, be it knowingly or not, and get caught then you go to jail.

This whole mindset of letting people go, encourages the people who sell them even more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourkillmaster said:

Release something new for backers since I agree, there is no proper way to remove the character without a shitstorm brewing. Both parties can walk away happy if done right, backers won't feel betrayed/let down and have something actually worth showing that we helped create the game and get it off it's feet during it's infancy.

Another Jason exclusive to backers will only have the same issues we have now.  Anything less than a one-off Jason for backers would be a downgrade, so that solution isn't viable.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Another Jason exclusive to backers will only have the same issues we have now.  Anything less than a one-off Jason for backers would be a downgrade, so that solution isn't viable.

That's why I propose just a recolor of Savini, the old ones can stay in circulation but the new one can be resent out to backers.

aJU1jC3.jpg

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

That's why I propose just a recolor of Savini, the old ones can stay in circulation but the new one can be resent out to backers.

aJU1jC3.jpg

Sub Zero?  I loved him in Street Fighter!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

I think I like that version more... Did you just make that?

Gotta say that blue is pretty cool.

But - it would take a lot more than a re-color for backers at this point. 

And direct download, none of this everyone gets it in the files shit. The only player that should have it should be the one that downloaded it. Direct download, key encryption, thumbprint, just stack up every measure there is.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not knowing something is illegal doesn´t protect you from beeing punished for it. At least not in my country. You commmit a crime, be it knowingly or not, and get caught then you go to jail.

This whole mindset of letting people go, encourages the people who sell them even more.

You completed missed my point. I was saying the devs would have no way identify people who got the codes through backing and those that did not. Again, if you got a code through backing and decided to sell that code on eBay (which there is nothing wrong with by the way, once you buy you can do what you want with it, including re-selling it for a profit).  How would the devs get those people their Savini’s back if they cancelled them all and sent new codes as you suggest?  This is all a waste of time anyways because if the  devs were going to do anything about people have Savini who shouldn’t, they would have done so long ago. They have moved on. If you have him, you have him.

• Like 1

The savini jason is a similar but different problem. I was adressing the fact that cheaters have access to and use unreleased material. This is in direct violation of the rules and anybody seen using unreleased content needs to be reported and actually recieve a lifetime ban. Its infuriating to see them get away with either (Savini or Uber) but the latter is available to no one. People are not being assigned him in accident it is quite a bit of work to get him hacked. Illegal and morally corrupt work. I just want to know........... Gm, devs, What you gonna do about it? @Kodiak @ShiftySamurai

there is literally eyewitness testimonials videos and the reporting of players on this thread this is the time where the devs need to flex their muscles not when some 13 year old figures out he can climb bookcase they need to take action when it actually matters

18 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

You completed missed my point. I was saying the devs would have no way identify people who got the codes through backing and those that did not. Again, if you got a code through backing and decided to sell that code on eBay (which there is nothing wrong with by the way, once you buy you can do what you want with it, including re-selling it for a profit).  How would the devs get those people their Savini’s back if they cancelled them all and sent new codes as you suggest?  This is all a waste of time anyways because if the  devs were going to do anything about people have Savini who shouldn’t, they would have done so long ago. They have moved on. If you have him, you have him.

and i doubt that. i say they exactly know.

@BigShaunPolk i think there is actually a bug, including getting you uber right now. People spawn in game with a Jason they had not choosen, some said after the game it was savini walking to the shed. (non savini owners) Same with counselors. I wouldn´t shoot and ask later right now. Not with this mess of an upgrade.

9 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

What you gonna do about it? @Kodiak @ShiftySamurai

Kodiak is just a mod. He has no real connection to the devs.

42 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

and i doubt that. i say they exactly know.

@BigShaunPolk i think there is actually a bug, including getting you uber right now. People spawn in game with a Jason they had not choosen, some said after the game it was savini walking to the shed. (non savini owners) Same with counselors. I wouldn´t shoot and ask later right now. Not with this mess of an upgrade.

To be playing him with all of his custom kills? This is not a glitched cutscene this is a unreleased jason with his full content.  If it was a jason skin performing kills already in existence then ok... Glitch. There are videos online showing you how to hack him for p. C. These are cheaters through and through

Then that is my mistake sorry @Kodiak bit maybe he could fire off a stern email for us.... ? 

We don´t know shit what´s going on with this update besides that it is a huge mess. I wouldn´t judge right now, just to be sure. I just fear that illfonic also has no clue what´s going on right now...

We’ve had numerous automated bans going out for this. The people being banned are - with 100% certainty - using external methods of accessing that character. Banning someone based off of a screenshot of a Steam username isn’t going to be a thing. It’s far too easy to manipulate images, so we err on the side of players. Automated bans are done with 100% certainty and there will be no “appeal”.

People using external means to access content illegitimately are being flagged and banned in waves. In the meantime you can still come across them in game.

Also, if you have been banned for this, please don’t message me with a story about how some other programs have caused the issue. You know what you did.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Also, if you have been banned for this, please don’t message me with a story about how some other program have caused the issue. You know what you did.

This is both the funniest and saddest thing I have read on the forums in quite some time.

All I can think of is:

TRf9Nbc.gif

There's got to be something tied to Jason X, maybe an achievement? Player gets a cyber-killer badge or something and there ya go, marked for death.

I like the idea of marked for death, hard to believe there would be no new badges tied to space jason but maybe that was part if the content we did not get. We as in everyone.

Honestly Im amazed they responded. Try contacting rockstar and prepare for the sound of........... Crickets.They care more than any dev team out probably does and are making the best of it the best way they can. 

23 hours ago, Tiffany said:

I saw that too. They look about right/how I'd imagine.

What's weird to me is the Jason X character has been uploaded, but it doesn't seem like the map has been yet. I know there was that one map leak forever ago, but I imagine if the content was uploaded to the whatever, as the Jason was, that someone would have gotten to it by now. Makes me wonder how far out the update it. :(

The leaked map was accidentally confirmed by a Dev on Twitter, I wish it had been fake, cuz the leaked video shows part of ship map is a virtual camp Crystal lake and I've had suspicion for a while that though it will be a spaceship all objectives will be carried out in the virtual camp just like other maps, tommy,cops,car,boat and sweater and we will be escaping the virtual camp to win ?