The fact that people on P. C. Can hack files and have access to content we all will have to wait for is infuriating. Just watched a bunch of gameplay with unique kills. Its not a skin, its the real article. People may have brought it up before but I want to know whats being done about it. Surely there will be some reprecussion for their actions as people who exploit glitches are banned. Whats being done @ShiftySamurai 

2 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

The fact that people on P. C. Can hack files and have access to content we all will have to wait for is infuriating. Just watched a bunch of gameplay with unique kills. Its not a skin, its the real article. People may have brought it up before but I want to know whats being done about it. Surely there will be some reprecussion for their actions as people who exploit glitches are banned. Whats being done @ShiftySamurai 

No they won't do anything, it's free advertising for the future content release.

• Sad 1

This is what I said in the Jason X Expectations thread, think it applies here too.

"I have seen Jasons with bizarre skins, wrapped in what appears to be text.

We have the Roy exit being walked by Savini.

We have fully functional Jason X's running amok.

I have even seen players in lobbies being accused of having Jason X that do not have him showing as their selected Jason, and they swear up and down they don't. Not to mention the fact that we all know we're spawning in as Jasons and counselors we have not selected. Is someone seeing Jason X while others are not? At this point I wouldn't doubt it's possible.

They screwed this up. Bad. Really bad.

They need to just unlock Jason X for everyone. I am saying this as someone that doesn't really care about him. In fact, he is my least favorite Jason. They need to just unlock him because, in what seems like less than an hour, he was everywhere. I seriously wonder at this point if people are in danger of a ban for somethingthat could literally be no fault of their own.

If they're releasing something special it needs to just be the map or SPC that was coming with him."

I posted a few pictures in the screenshots thread too about the skins. 

I really would like to know what it is the developers did to make this so easily accessible.

1 minute ago, Goodgodman said:

Is this just on pc? I’m on PS4, and haven’t seen a single JX.

Yes just PC. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

You know what´s even more infuriating? Playing against this scum. This shit usually comes with other hacks too. Like speedhack for example. Be happy you are on console and don´t have to play in cheaters heaven.

Previously, Uber Jason was just something they left in the files, an unfinished, hitbox-less part 8 reskin and you would edit your save with a hex editor to get him. Basically just unfinished assets left in the files. Or at least that's how I understand it. I don't think you can do that anymore, because apparently the save file is encrypted now. But now he's a fully featured, unbugged Jason and is unlocked using the DLC unlocker .dll file which also unlocks Savini all other exclusive DLC, even the upcoming Pickaxe kills. So the devs didn't just leave Uber Jason assets in the files this time, this time they left the fully completed Uber Jason, ready to go and fully functional, in the game and just put a lock on him so he won't show up for most people. Same with the kill pack.

16 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You know what´s even more infuriating? Playing against this scum. This shit usually comes with other hacks too. Like speedhack for example. Be happy you are on console and don´t have to play in cheaters heaven.

Absolutely well put. But I have followed the rules(Ps4) grinded to max my account and through hundreds of hours of hard fought hours to EARN all of the possible unlockables just pisses me off someone can watch a how to hack you tube video and get ahead of me with zero work put in. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Previously, Uber Jason was just something they left in the files, an unfinished, hitbox-less part 8 reskin and you would edit your save with a hex editor to get him. Basically just unfinished assets left in the files. Or at least that's how I understand it. I don't think you can do that anymore, because apparently the save file is encrypted now. But now he's a fully featured, unbugged Jason and is unlocked using the DLC unlocker .dll file which also unlocks Savini all other exclusive DLC, even the upcoming Pickaxe kills. So the devs didn't just leave Uber Jason assets in the files this time, this time they left the fully completed Uber Jason, ready to go and fully functional, in the game and just put a lock on him so he won't show up for most people. Same with the kill pack.

Why is access to these features being stored client side? Why isn't there a checksum on the server when the account logs on that verifies what assets the client should have access to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Why is access to these features being stored client side? Why isn't there a checksum on the server when the account logs on that verifies what assets the client should have access to?

Hell if I know. I'm just going off what the cheaters talk about on the largely unmoderated Steam forums.

I am also curious to see what if anuthing will be done. Before my grandmother left Italy immediatley aftef the end of World War 2,the italian citizens strung up Mussollini and proceeded to stab, spit, shoot kick, and hit him with sticks...........just sayin ? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

This is about the best question that could be asked because this type of thinking would have killed it at the source.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Hell if I know. I'm just going off what the cheaters talk about on the largely unmoderated Steam forums.

I get that, my question was a bit rhetorical, because this seems like a fairly fundamental thing. I can't remember a game having the gaping holes that this one has, that get exploited minutes after a patch.

• Like 1

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

I get that, my question was a bit rhetorical, because this seems like a fairly fundamental thing. I can't remember a game having the gaping holes that this one has, that get exploited minutes after a patch.

When the game launched someone quickly set up a website that allowed you to link to a Steam profile to spoof as their account and cheat in CP ... or just sell all their perks and leave them dry. All you needed was a link to their profile. The devs had to hire some contractors to fix their shit so that such a thing wasn't possible.

Honestly...

They brought the Jason X stuff on themselves for showing too much in Virtual Cabin. Granted, the fact that people are still running around with it (and more apparently) is embarassing.

Simply having the Grendel and 'coming soon' would've been enough. Keep the model out of the game files and all. Its what they should've done.

And the weird NES glitches feel like a confirmation that they've abandoned NES Jason and instead will allow you to skin the other Jasons with those color pallets.

The data mining on youtube has been done by quite a few. Paul Pheonix is quite notorious for it too. Its kinda scummy really because hey...no surprises for those that want to be surprised. You click on a friday the 13th video on youtube and leaks are usually always in the related section.

7 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

They must not have a system in place that can tell them the hack is being used, so they put blatant stuff in the game (Uber Jason) to know for sure. They can't tell if a Savini is legit or not and who would know to report it?, but obviously Uber Jason isn't legit. 

Also, the game could've been compiled with Uber in it but they weren't ready with the Grendal, so they hid him instead. Removing him might break the game or might be too daunting of a task. 

Originally Uber needed to be client side for the VC 2.0. 

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

They can't tell if a Savini is legit or not and who would know to report it?

They should be able to. Every legitimate Savini is tied to a unique code bound to the account being used, and it's an online game that logs you in when you start it up, with even the bots mode restricting you if you're offline, or so I've heard. It should be trivial to check at startup to see if their Savini or other DLC are legitimate. Much, much easier than checking to see if they're speedhacking.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They should be able to.

There's obviously a lot of things they should be doing. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Every legitimate Savini is tied to a unique code bound to the account being used, and it's an online game that logs you in when you start it up, with even the bots mode restricting you if you're offline, or so I've heard

They probably have no alert system, so unless they're tipped off or unless it's said by the hacker, no one would know the Savini is hacked in, so no one would report it.

Easy Anti Cheat is a joke too. Maybe if they had Battleye it would be different.

His stats were apparently leaked too. Not sure if it's the real deal but it probably is.

Just now, TiffanyxAJ said:

His stats were apparently leaked too. Not sure if it's the real deal but it probably is.

I saw that too. They look about right/how I'd imagine.

What's weird to me is the Jason X character has been uploaded, but it doesn't seem like the map has been yet. I know there was that one map leak forever ago, but I imagine if the content was uploaded to the whatever, as the Jason was, that someone would have gotten to it by now. Makes me wonder how far out the update it. :(

Just now, Tiffany said:

What's weird to me is the Jason X character has been uploaded, but it doesn't seem like the map has been yet. I know there was that one map leak forever ago, but I imagine if the content was uploaded to the whatever, as the Jason was, that someone would have gotten to it by now. Makes me wonder how far out the update it. :(

Honestly I could care less, I just want the bugs fixed. Oh and the pajama clothing pack haha.

Just now, Tiffany said:

Making a new Jason is a hell of a lot easier than making a new map. It's just modeling him, his weapon, animating his attacks and kills and deciding on his traits. Making a map is way harder, and the Grendel, by the nature of the map as a spaceship and not a campground, is going to have to be so different that designing it properly so that it is even reasonably balanced is going to be like making a new game mode. Wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it like Paranoia.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Making a new Jason is a hell of a lot easier than making a new map. It's just modeling him, his weapon, animating his attacks and kills and deciding on his traits. Making a map is way harder, and the Grendel, by the nature of the map as a spaceship and not a campground, is going to have to be so different that designing it properly so that it is even reasonably balanced is going to be like making a new game mode. Wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it like Paranoia.

Don't jinx it!