7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Either that or pay monthly Money for a game you already bought....I HATE PS Plus...

One reason why i will never play on console. Also i just can´t with controllers.

• Haha 1

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

One reason why i will never play on console. Also i just can´t with controllers.

Yeah , that´s why I am moving to PC. hmm...you can´t with Controllers? Did you grow up with a PC?

3 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah , that´s why I am moving to PC. hmm...you can´t with Controllers? Did you grow up with a PC?

No, too old for that. I actually had one console: Pong from atari. Then Commodre VC 20, 64 and Amiga before PC.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

No, too old for that. I actually had one console: Pong from atari. Then Commodre VC 20, 64 and Amiga before PC.

Cool , man.

14 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I have even seen players in lobbies being accused of having Jason X that do not have him showing as their selected Jason, and they swear up and down they don't.

Why would this happen?

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Why would this happen?

There have been multiple times since the update where, once the game loads, I have become Jasons that I have never even selected or put perks on, even though I pretty much never take my selection off part 4.

Maybe it has something to do with this. The files are obviously in the game at this point. Maybe there is a hiccup somewhere. 

Hackers on PC are so dedicated it's fucking futile to even waste time and resources combating it. It's like whack-a-mole. Online Pc gaming is an open toxic sewer of cheats and Hackers, sorry but it's true. You can balk until the cows come home but it will never change. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kohagan said:

Hackers on PC are so dedicated it's fucking futile to even waste time and resources combating it. It's like whack-a-mole. Online Pc gaming is an open toxic sewer of cheats and Hackers, sorry but it's true. You can balk until the cows come home but it will never change. 

There are games that have that under control. It´s a matter of how much devs care about their players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, al1ve said:

I don't think this is the case. While each Savini required legitimately is unlocked by a code, I don't believe that code is saved. It just unlocks the character under the account that the code is registered in on its first use. It's more than likely the equivalent of a DLC paywall, and simply recognizes that you now have it as if it's just another in-game item, disposing of the code and simply marking it in the big server as used, so no one else can use the code.

The DLL DLC unlocker in question basically does the equivalent of what the Savini codes do; It removes the wall/lock protecting it from public use and viewing. If it was truly bounded by a code, or made server-side even (because then it could probably detect that all kickstarter codes have been redeemed by now, and would lock it off, something like that) then these things wouldn't happen.

Also, if it was really permanently bounded by the code as you say, I can almost guarantee that they would have some sort of alarm system for when someone uses Savini without said code, even if these devs are inconsistent and unhelpful. It wouldn't be hard to set up if this were the case, and it would actually prove to us Kickstarter backers that they care rather than just pushing out one ban every other month because someone ran their mouth about getting the DLL or buying a code off of Ebay.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t think those that bought a legitimate Savini Code off of eBay should have it ever taken away. To me that is a lot different than someone hacking the game to obtain a character. If someone acquired a code and then decided that rather that use it, they would sell it to someone else to use through eBay and make a profit, I don’t think the person willing to spend $300 to buy the legitimate code did anything wrong. (And I’m a backer who got Savini through the Kickstarter.)

39 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

There have been multiple times since the update where, once the game loads, I have become Jasons that I have never even selected or put perks on, even though I pretty much never take my selection off part 4.

Maybe it has something to do with this. The files are obviously in the game at this point. Maybe there is a hiccup somewhere. 

I can't even count how many times I've started as the wrong counselor as well!

52 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Why would this happen?

Don't know. Could be the accuser was trolling, didn't actually see anything? Maybe people are seeing different things? Who knows. 

All I know is that there's already a problem with seeing Savini walking Roy's walk and players are spawning in with random counselors and Jasons.

So if the question is - Could a player possibly be displaying the Uber portrait, who has been added completely added to the game client side, unbeknownst to them? 

Considering how much everything has been messed up I would say, maybe. I don't think anything at this point would surprise me.

I still think that he should just be released at this point. It was a monumentally absurd move on the developers part and it'll take the wind out of the hackers' sails. They can hang on to the rest of the Jason X content on their end until it's ready. 

25 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t think those that bought a legitimate Savini Code off of eBay should have it ever taken away. To me that is a lot different than someone hacking the game to obtain a character. If someone acquired a code and then decided that rather that use it, they would sell it to someone else to use through eBay and make a profit, I don’t think the person willing to spend $300 to buy the legitimate code did anything wrong. (And I’m a backer who got Savini through the Kickstarter.)

It may be "unpopular", but it's also perfectly reasonable.

I literally feel nothing towards Savini Jason.  I don't like it, I don't dislike it, it's just a skin that's got fire.  If anything, it's the equivalent of people who buy magnetic flame decals and slap them on their "vintage" PT Cruiser.

28 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t think those that bought a legitimate Savini Code off of eBay should have it ever taken away.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It may be "unpopular", but it's also perfectly reasonable.

On this point, my thoughts are just give him to everyone and create a new Jason for the backers they've got to actually download vs. unlock. 

Again with mods you see this pretty commonly. I want something like the extreme gore advanced suit for Dead Space 2. I'm going to have to have a patching tool and the mod both downloaded to use it and my use of the modded suit doesn't make it available (hackable) for every other player of the game.

Savini runs amok because people hacked it, backed it, used legitimate codes, used illegitimate codes, bought it when it accidentally went on sale.... Savini is like Shit-Show Jason. 

Get Savini to draw up another one. Or someone else that worked on any of the other films. Or one of a thousand artists that would gladly do it. 

• Haha 1

I tell my sons "without structure and rules the world would  fall into chaos"  My main problem is the people posting videos claim the people playing Uber jason stated he was most definetley hacked. If you are gun media you cannot pick and choose what to enforce and what not to. You must be fair. You cannot ban for glitches and not ban for hacking. This is like bad parenting logic. 

Did everyone forget about the stolen codes? If someone steals my bike and you buy it from them, i will legally get my bike back if i find out. Even when you didn´t know it was stolen.

28 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Savini runs amok because people hacked it, backed it, used legitimate codes, used illegitimate codes, bought it when it accidentally went on sale.... Savini is like Shit-Show Jason. 

I suppose my only counterpoint to this is that realistically, the only people with a beef over the current status of Savini Jason are the backers, who were told that the only way to unlock SJ was to back the game at a certain threshold (i.e. $$$).

If I was a backer that purchased the game via kickstarter for the express purpose of unlocking SJ, I'd be legitimately pissed at how all this was handled.  Unfortunately, at this point, there's no way to make those backers "whole" again, and that's why we find ourselves in the shit show we do today.  Making another skin for backers is going to create the same issues SJ did: pc hackers are going to unlock the files anyways, and capitalistic individuals are going to either generate keys for resale, or sell perfectly valid keys on the aftermarket.  That's why I don't purchase games based on "in-game exclusive" items.  Consoles have a bit of protection from the hacking, but it still happens--though not on the same scale as PC.

7 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Did everyone forget about the stolen codes? If someone steals my bike and you buy it from them, i will legally get my bike back if i find out. Even when you didn´t know it was stolen.

Punishing the players who bought it for some exorbitant amount would be a mistake.

Has there been no word from the devs on anything concerning the leaked content? Whether it was obtained through hacking or not, I am kinda (actually not really) surprised that there hasn't been anything form them concerning it.

Any type of "surprise here is Uber and some new pick axe kills" is gone. Any type of comment from them on the subject would be nice. So would winning the lottery, and I am wondering which of those two options has better odds at this point.

13 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

There is no way to know which people used/purchased codes that were “stolen” and which people used codes that were not. And if you are going to claim there is a way, I guarantee its 1000 times more time consuming than the value of doing it. 

13 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

There are more than a few people around here that think the devs themselves were responsible for those "stolen" codes. 

2 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Punishing the players who bought it for some exorbitant amount would be a mistake.

Has there been no word from the devs on anything concerning the leaked content? Whether it was obtained through hacking or not, I am kinda (actually not really) surprised that there hasn't been anything form them concerning it.

Any type of "surprise here is Uber and some new pick axe kills" is gone. Any type of comment from them on the subject would be nice. So would winning the lottery, and I am wondering which of those two options has better odds at this point.

Exactly, if they want to punish the people who stole the codes, I’m ok with that. But those people who bought it on eBay had no way of knowing where the code they purchased came from and if it was “stolen” or not.

Be that as it may there is alot of our money at play here. We funded, we bought dlc, we played through bugs and glitches, remained loyal followed their rules. We held up our end.

24 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

There is no way to know which people used/purchased codes that were “stolen” and which people used codes that were not. And if you are going to claim there is a way, I guarantee its 1000 times more time consuming than the value of doing it. 

They can very easily simply disable the current codes in circulation and resend new codes through email. As you can see by my thread lock they don't even want people discussing how many illegitimate Savini's are actually out there and I'd argue there are far more people who have got them by XBOX or PS4 Marketplace glitches then there are people who actually backed the game. I just wokeup and didn't get a chance to respond I want the devs to release something for backers that hasn't been tainted by someone with a code generator or Microsoft/Sony incompetence. Hence Blue Flame Savini sent out to backers, only one code so those that purchased 10-20 trying to make a profit won't, it could be considered free and not paid for as regular Savini was what was paid for so people who purchased multiple codes have no ground to stand on when they can't sell multiple ones.

17 hours ago, BigShaunPolk said:

The fact that people on P. C. Can hack files and have access to content we all will have to wait for is infuriating. Just watched a bunch of gameplay with unique kills. Its not a skin, its the real article. People may have brought it up before but I want to know whats being done about it. Surely there will be some reprecussion for their actions as people who exploit glitches are banned. Whats being done @ShiftySamurai 

Don't forget it, Savini Dll is also a concern.
Would be great if any Dev give us answers about this.

5 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

They can very easily simply disable the current codes in circulation and resend new codes through email. As you can see by my thread lock they don't even want people discussing how many illegitimate Savini's are actually out there and I'd argue there are far more people who have got them by XBOX or PS4 Marketplace glitches then there are people who actually backed the game. I just wokeup and didn't get a chance to respond I want the devs to release something for backers that hasn't been tainted by someone with a code generator or Microsoft/Sony incompetence. Hence Blue Flame Savini sent out to backers, only one code so those that purchased 10-20 trying to make a profit won't, it could be considered free and not paid for as regular Savini was what was paid for so people who purchased multiple codes have no ground to stand on when they can't sell multiple ones.

If you think they will take the time and effort to do that, you are crazy.  Plus, how would they know if someone got a code through backing, and then that person sold the code on eBay to someone else. (Which by the way I see no issues with.) That gets into a gray area that they wont’t touch with a 10 foot pole.

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

If you think they will take the time and effort to do that, you are crazy.  Plus, how would they know if someone got a code through backing, and then that person sold the code on eBay to someone else. (Which by the way I see no issues with.) That gets into a gray area that they wont’t touch with a 10 foot pole.

They have to, is their WORK, we paid for it.
They have to at least do something about it.