Jesus Christ, sorry guys, but i have to make a whole Thread for this. 

I have so many Questions about this game.

First of all, why isn't there a Host Migration System? I know, you made now some point-system, punishing players, who leave the game too early. But honestly, this isn't enough. If i get to play Jason and i kill the Host, he immediatly vanishes all of the game progress i made in this lobby, with leaving and preventing any player in the lobby to get anything he collected. Like XP or Pamela/Tommy Tapes. Why does Modern Warfare 2 (from 2009) got this level of technology and Fr13 from 2016 and 2 years of support doesn't have this? 

HOW THE **** do i become host of a lobby? There's no Option for "Host a public Lobby" or anything like that. Games, where i join in are hell. I have pings from maybe 100 to 300 and this is horrible to play with. Sometimes, when the game takes to long to find a lobby, the game just puts me into a lobby just for myself. I thought "Alright, now i have to wait for others, i guess". nope. nothing. After waiting half an hour, nobody joined and i highly doubt, that the lobby, where i'm located is public. I have a stable 100K Internet Connection, i pay very much money monthly to get the best internet i can get in my area, so i highly doubt, that i'm to bad for the role of the host.

Ping: 8ms / Upload: 30,76 Mbps / Download: 46,99 Mbps (Connected to Bremen, Germany)
Ping: 94ms / Upload: 23,84 Mbps / Download: 62,36 Mbps (Connected to Washington, DC)

Why are we even using a host system on PlayStation? I pay good money every year to get the online servers, please don't tell me sony is charging you for the use of the servers! Just use them and then we have dedicated servers on PSN, the game will work perfectly, no lags, no nothing. Or Why isn't there a tutorial or any explanation of how you get to be the host of a game?! Just tell me please to make a public lobby of my own, so i don't have the problem of bad hosts. How do other people get host of a lobby?

WHY are the most important part of the games those, which get the badest translation? I am a German player, i play this Game on german. The tutorial is perfectly translated. The Grammar is on point and no mistakes at all. And then i play the game, and when i die, or survive, or the game as jason is over, my screen is filled with this disgusting: "Du gestorben, Du überlebt, Du getötet 8/8"

I understand, that in english it's probably: "you died, you survived, you killed 8/8"

But why is the tutorial perfectly translated and in this important part, the grammar is just awful. And it's every game. After 53 levels it's not funny anymore to see this insult every time on my screen. 
For the sake of god: "Du BIST gestorben, Du HAST überlebt & Du HAST 8/8 getötet" or an alternative for the last: Spieler getötet: 8/8 (Players killed: 8/8)

You just have to fix these Problems and the game will be perfect. At this point i am willing to even ignore the 80.000 bugs, which are in this game. Come on, the Bug report in this forum is a joke, just play the game for yourself, dear developer. In every third game, there is a major bug, destroying your game experience for a good minute at maximum. 

All in over the game feels inconstisted. The Car driving is a mess, bad controls regarding door's and windows, the list is endless, all of this i am willing to ignore, if you fix these three (or two) things.

This is a great game, you made a lot of work. You can feel just how much love went into making this game and friday the 13th is the best multiplayer experience i got since overwatch. It would make me so sad to quit playing this game, just because host's are ruining this game or premate politics are just destroying the complete fairness of the game. But that's another problem i can't blame you for. I really love playing this game and i appreciate you still giving this game support and not just let it die, you made a masterpiece. But this can't keep going to be the general situation for everyone for a game, that exists 2 years. After 2 Years problems like this shouldn't exist anymore. Every other bug/Problem can be fixed afterwards, but this is really destroying the game.

It started out as a crowd funded game so dedicated servers were probably financially just too much at the time. With the success of the game they are supposed to be next on the agenda. As for your match making problems, depending on where you are located will have alot to do with it.

7 minutes ago, ShapeBreak said:

Why not use the PSN Servers?

Good question, they claim that the recent engine update is going to enable dedicated servers.

Becoming host? That's a good question, I have a 500 Mb connection up and down, and I have never had my lobby fill up when I was made host. Some suggest if you get made host invite someone and it'll fill the lobby, that's never happened for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Good question, they claim that the recent engine update is going to enable dedicated servers.

Becoming host? That's a good question, I have a 500 Mb connection up and down, and I have never had my lobby fill up when I was made host. Some suggest if you get made host invite someone and it'll fill the lobby, that's never happened for me.

Aha. So it's not just me, who have this problem. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, ShapeBreak said:

Aha. So it's not just me, who have this problem. Thank you!

There's a few people around that have reported this. 

Some have reported uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it, hasn't for me though.

• Thanks 1

You can become Host when you don´t come into a Lobby for 2 minutes or so. Yeah , pretty weird.

There is an Explanation by the devs why there is no Host Migration.

An alternative for now to avoid host quitting is killing the host last or just make him limp (this one can also lead to host quitting but rarely).

For the Translation , it could also be : Du überlebtest , Du starbst and Du tötetest 8/8 (It sounds weird but is grammatically correct , if they can only use two words [Du gestorben könnte man auf dem Schulhof hören]).

The Single Player Challenges have only half-translated parts. But they translated Ertränke Tiffany so good? I think it has to do with limitations rather than bad localizers.

I don´t even know if Schweinespalter is a real word but it sounds awesome.

For the sake of god: "Du BIST gestorben, Du HAST überlebt & Du HAST 8/8 getötet" or an alternative for the last: Spieler getötet: 8/8 (Players killed: 8/8)

Du.......

Du hast......

Du hast getötet 8/8.....

.....Sorry , I had to do that Joke.

@ShapeBreak , I found out you joined just a few days ago , soooooooo.......

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/ 

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, thank you!!

Sorry, but „Du überlebtest“ would be wrong. You would use the „Präteritum“ and the first form of past is not correct, because the second form of past is also considering the „tempus“ (or „tense“ if you ask google translator).

Präteritum could be also used on the unfinished form of past. When Jason kills you, you are 100% dead. This is a finished form of past, so we have to use „perfekt“.

Präteritum would be used for example:

“Er lachte los“ (he started laughing)

Someone who says this, could mean a person, who is still laughing at the moment where he said it.

But if you say „Er hat losgelacht“ (He laughed) you mean, that someone was laughing, but is finished with laughing, then you have to use perfekt.

So, when Jason kills you: „Du bist gestorben“

When you escaped and Jason has no Chance at all to be still able to kill you: „Du hast überlebt“ 

31 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Du.......

Du hast......

Du hast getötet 8/8.....

I got that reference!!! That song was also going through my head reading that part lol

@ShapeBreak hosting public matches is random, there's no way to make yourself host. Your internet doesn't really matter either. I've had some REALLY shitty hosts where the whole lobby was pinging over 500ms. I've also seen max ping lobbies. If it's over 150, I usually just try my luck with a different lobby.

I've had that issue (lobby not filling) on xbox as well. Check to see if you can invite someone. If you can, then send out a "looking for group" post (or the PS4 equivalent). If you're unable to invite anyone, then the lobby is bugged and you should just back out and try again.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, AdmiralJT said:

I only hosted once, (I was worried that since I live in a rural area that my connection might not be that good) and the game played perfectly well on my end, but when I observed other players after dying it seemed sluggish/ choppy. Is that normal? (I didn't have a Mic so I couldn't ask anyone about their experience afterwards.) 

7 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

I only hosted once, (I was worried that since I live in a rural area that my connection might not be that good) and the game played perfectly well on my end, but when I observed other players after dying it seemed sluggish/ choppy. Is that normal? (I didn't have a Mic so I couldn't ask anyone about their experience afterwards.) 

When you're host you essentially become the server they're connecting to. You'll be running smoothly, but they might be pinging really hard because of your connection. Just like with other games (that have dedicated servers). If their servers suck, you'll have issues.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

When you're host you essentially become the server they're connecting to. You'll be running smoothly, but they might be pinging really hard because of your connection. Just like with other games (that have dedicated servers). If their servers suck, you'll have issues.

Everyone stayed in the game, so I wasn't sure if the choppy gameplay was just some strange effect of me as host spectating other players or not. (I assumed people would just leave if the game was that sluggish since it was prior to the salt mines) No one else experiences this effect when hosting? 

1 minute ago, Pazuzu said:

Everyone stayed in the game, so I wasn't sure if the choppy gameplay was just some strange effect of me as host spectating other players or not. (I assumed people would just leave if the game was that sluggish since it was prior to the salt mines) No one else experiences this effect when hosting? 

I tend to leave if my ping is over 150, but some people either don't care or don't know what it means. If you're lagging, pull up the player list and you'll see that your ping will be higher than normal.

• Thanks 1

I'm made a host regularly and people join up no problem. Sometimes faster than I'd like, to be perfectly honest. I'll run to the bathroom or try to finish a sandwich in the kitchen and I'd hear the countdown. I run an average of 70 mbps. Maybe it's a firewall issue for you? I don't know much about those kinds of things.

2 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

It should always look smooth if it doesn't then the signals going and coming back aren't getting there quick enough, do you recall what the ping times were? Anything over 250 is going to be a shitshow, full of lag and delay.

The italian translation is a joke as well. It seems it's translated with google translator.

When you die it says something that in english is "YOU DEATH" or "YOU SURVIVOR" lol

As for hosting and servers... We're talking about it for one year now... Of course we're wondering how they thought no hosting migration or dedicated servers would not be an issue but that's how it is.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, ShapeBreak said:

Why not use the PSN Servers?

The current game IS using the PSN servers, but Illfonic doesn’t know how to use them CORRECTLY!  If GunMedia/Illfonic does follow through with the dedicated servers, that will be a bad day for ALL console players.  Why?  Well, when GunMedia decides that it is no longer financially viable to keep those servers running, or files for bankruptcy protection, there will no longer be ANY online play.  At least in the current situation SIE manages the servers.

For those unaware, the PSN servers are where the matchmaking happens, and where the scoring SHOULD be held in escrow, but isn’t. The code running on them is written by Illfonic based on templates provided by Sony, but improperly executed.  The PSN & XBox servers are based around a peer-to-peer system, as it would be prohibitively expensive for Sony or Microsoft to provide dedicated servers for each game.

5 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

It should always look smooth if it doesn't then the signals going and coming back aren't getting there quick enough, do you recall what the ping times were? Anything over 250 is going to be a shitshow, full of lag and delay.

Unfortunately I don't remember the ping times, and I never tried to host again afterwards. When I 'm not host the ping for my particular counselor is usually somewhere between 80 - 200. (Generally seems to be about 120) The other players' numbers are often higher than mine. (Sorry, I'm not too sure which numbers are most relevant for the discussion.)

20 hours ago, Truth said:

I got that reference!!! That song was also going through my head reading that part lol

Well , Rammstein is one of my favorite bands ,  so that one was a no-brainer. If you look Close enough on my Picture you can even see the Rammstein Symbol on my Toasts.

And @ShapeBreak , now I am confused. But it seems like you´re right......but isn´t then the english ,,Translation´´ wrong? Shouldn´t it be then , you have died , because it still has an effect on now because you died and still are dead or because it just happened?

English grammar and German grammar isn't the same. "you died" would be simple past, describing an Act, which has been completed. When you are finished with dying, the correct sentence is "you died", because you're dead. 100%. ^^

Again.. this game needs lobby hosting like Left 4 Dead.   Its the perfect system/.

Allow hosts the option to CREATE a lobby.  And be able swap between public/private.

Allow host to kick anyone they want.. While in the lobby.

• Thanks 1

@HuDawg This guy brings it on the point.

But kicking System isn't required, since i think hosts will abuse it as "kick Jason if he kills me"

1 hour ago, ShapeBreak said:

@HuDawg This guy brings it on the point.

But kicking System isn't required, since i think hosts will abuse it as "kick Jason if he kills me"

Kicking in the lobby only.    Meaning if the host is a sour grape, hes gonna have to wait till the game ends and goes back to the lobby before kicking anyone.

And in a game like this.  Good Host need complete control over the lobby.   Too many squeakers and trolls.

Premade policity is a big problem in this game! But i can‘t think of a solution for that, so i didn’t bring it to the table.