nazzac

Worst/Best Jason for Each map?

We have all seen threads about the best overall Jason, but as we know each map plays differently.

So which Jason is the best and which is the worst on each map based on your experience?

On Packanack both bit and small the worst for me has been either Part 7 or Part 9. Packanack is a counselor favoured map (especially small) and these two Jasons with their - Traps make it more difficult to control objectives. Counselors tend to push objectives way more on this map from my experience and once your traps go you can find yourself in a situation where both the phone and four seater are getting started up at once.

• Like 1

My only preference is to play the Jason that corresponds to his map. I like to see part 2 skulking around Packanack lodge, and part 3 in Higgins barn. It just looks cool. I like part 4 at the Jarvis house because every once in a while Incan catch Tommy and perform the Jarvis on him in his mother's living room.

• Like 2

Well I usually have my Jason set to random anytime I queue up in quick play matches, sometimes I'll stick to Savini Jason for a few rounds. But, really, I think the challenge is making the Jason work out for you regardless of the map you're on. They're all fun to play, in my opinion.

I guess Part VIII is pretty good for Packanack small or small maps in General.

Part IX is pretty good though for Jarvis House. +Shift and normal Morph? Pretty helpful.

Well , Part IV is probably the worst for Pinehurst. A lot of water , a big map with -Shift and normal Morph. Trust me , you don´t want a -Shift against Level 150er on Pinehurst......He juked me seveeeen minutes looong.......oh , man......

It depends

Best Jason corresponding to movies I'd say:

Part 2: packanack (obviously)

Part 3: higgins (obviously)

Part 4: jarvis (obviously)

Part 5: Pinehurst (obviously)

Part 6: packanack small (In the movie the camp had cabins very close to each other so I think it fits)

Part 7: crystal lake (obviously)

Part 8: crystal lake small (he was only there a short time before taking the boat so it makes sense why he gets the smaller one considering 7 took place there the entire time)

Part 9: higgins small (it looked like a farm area where he got blown up at the beginning so it makes sense)

Practicality wise:

Packanack: part 8 (it's big yes but he's got neutral shift and destruction which to me makes him perfect considering so many cabins are close to each other, meaning you can break them open faster for added pressure, also water speed means if someone gets on the boat they won't be getting far)

Packanack small: part 4 (pretty much the same except it's smaller so the bad shift isn't so bad, yes he only got 3 traps but with part 4 and it being packanack you should be able to go straight in and start killing before they get too far with objectives, destruction for same as above, and weapon strength helps due to the fact since it's smaller counselors will be more likely to be bunched together so it comes in handy when grabbing isn't an option, also added pressure because he can run)

Higgins haven: part 6(good sense means he can pretty much see across the entire map, his shift makes getting around extremely easy, neutral traps for the fact the cars are farther apart, knives for pressure, he's pretty solid on higgins)

Higgins haven small: part 5 (it's smaller so his neutral shift is still ok, can run so more pressure, still has neutral traps and knives, he's basically a more aggressive part 6 versus being tactical)

Crystal lake: part 2 (for me this map is where objectives are pushed the most, don't know why maybe it's because the cars are literally right down the road from rachet so two groups can be fixing them at the same time meaning you have to let one get repaired, having the extra traps shuts this down and gives you more time to kill before they can escape, the shift sucks yes but since there's a lot of trees and cabins are far apart from each other the counselors don't get much time to rest, and the morph is fantastic as well, boats are an issue because of water speed but a good timing with morph along with stalk can remedy this)

Crystal lake small: part 3: it's smaller so you have a little more control over the objectives so neutral traps work fine, it's small so decreased sense doesn't hinder you too much, weapon strength helps If they group on you which is likely due to it being a small map, and running for pressure, pretty solid)

Jarvis house: part 9 (his shift is great on this map because of how big it is along with stalk making him perfect for shift grab, having only 3 traps isn't so bad considering there's only one car and sometimes the phone spawns right near it meaning you only have one area to guard, boat can be a problem but morph stalk can remedy same as before)

Pinehurst: part 7 (3 traps with only one car again, meaning it's not such a bad thing, also can spawn next to phone, slashing for groups, sense because of map size, the map is covered in water so water speed is very helpful here and due to the fact the boat escape has several directions here it helps because you don't really have to worry about the boat since you can catch it)

I can't say anything for savini as I don't have him but I'd say he's good on any map lol 😂 I'd just choose him when they put it on random map.

Part 4 is total garbage on just about any map except Pinehurst maybe Jarvis.Even if the boat gets going it's far enough away to the exits that unless you just used your morph you can see  which exit they are heading to and morph near the exit and camp it. Just my personal opinion.I can do OK with 4 if I have to but he just kinda sucks. 3 traps poor, shift recharge on abilities seems longer.Against a good experienced team who pushes objectives it's not gonna be a fun match.

There are three types of maps: counselor sided, Jason sided and neutral sided.

Packanack, Higgins and all the reduced maps are Counselor sided

Jarvis House, Pinehurst are Jason sided

Crystal Lake is neutral sided

However that doesn't really matter once there's a way to win on every map, playstyle just needs to shift.

It's nearly impossible to find a stealthy counselor in Pinehurst, but it is very easy to find the counselor in the reduced maps.

Just play smart and maps don't matter.

.Part 6 for everything with the possible exception of Pinehurst (and even that can be included if the Jason-player uses Morph wisely).

I know I'm in a minority here,  but I don't mind small maps as Jason. I like that it's a bit more of a challenge, and the smaller maps make objective control a bit easier. Counselor's are easier to find, and most of them don't work together well enough to take advantage. Too many lone wolves, and counselors in general just running around like idiots waiting for somebody else to do something. It's a bit of a rougher go when you're a low-trap Jason, something is going to get fixed if anyone in the lobby knows what they're doing at all. It does suck when you get to the four-seater and the battery's already been put in because it spawned in the house right next to it, but that's the trade off. I can honestly only remember on instance where I got completely fucked over by a small map.

The one and only time I ever really get annoyed playing Jason is when I'm on a large map, and there's one person I just can't find. There's nothing nothing worse that wiping out a lobby in under eight minutes, and then have to waste the next four or five morphing all over the map waiting to go into rage mode because some dweeb is hiding under a bed, or there's an A.J. running around with Epic Ninja Perks.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Part 6 for everything with the possible exception of Pinehurst

Higgins is the easiest map to drive the cars. Hiss less morph really sucks on that map.

6 hours ago, Carlso said:

Higgins is the easiest map to drive the cars. Hiss less morph really sucks on that map.

Thats why you go for whatever car spawns at the lodge (or if none, whatever car spawns at the SE section of the map). Either one of those are very easy to escape with, and you're probably not getting a second chance to stop the car if you time your Morph wrong.

*Against experienced groups*

Crystal small: any +throwing knives Jason

Pack small: any Jason with 100 hit points (no -hp/-defense Jason)

Higgins small: any Jason with neutral or +shift

Large maps: any Jason except part 6