Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

This has nothing to do with the real life laws, so dispose of that analogy. The devs are essentially God in this world. They have the ability to fix the game, the either cannot or will not fix it.

It's a perfect analogy. It's almost too perfect. Show me how it doesn't apply or where it's flawed.

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Agree 100% with this. And some argue that it isn't in the ToS yet there it is in the code of conduct section on the same website as the ToS. Weak arguments to try and justify exploiting glitches.

 Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sgonofe said:

Wow, I'm totally standing in a corner because I got banned, you don't have to hurt me even more, I'm so so so sad. 

LOL! Everyone knows you are butthurt, because even though “you don’t care” you joined this forum TODAY to cry about getting banned..... you are a forum troll as well, I hope you get banned here as well ...troll

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

LOL! Everyone knows you are butthurt, because even though “you don’t care” you joined this forum TODAY to cry about getting banned..... you are a forum troll as well, I hope you get banned here as well ...troll

Lol, the irony in the OP is strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sgonofe said:

No one would ever exploit that glitch if it was fixed, we aren't talking about a glitch that just happened to come with the last update, it's been there for months. I tried it once, I got pernabanned without even a warning. 

I'm neither, I did it out of curiosity, I did it only a single time, I even asked Jason to kill me. If they fixed their shit no one would be able to exploit a glitch. 

Sometimes, being curious is a bad thing. You know it kills cats, right? Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. it's unfortunate that you got banned, but there are rules for a reason.

7 hours ago, Sgonofe said:

Huh? I don't care about being banned, I already said that, but I do care about it showing on my profile, and I do care not having a properly answer for the reason I got banned. 

So, was Jason X released? Because a friend told me it wasn't and there are people using him.
If that's the case and it wasn't released how come they haven't been banned?  

You broke the rules, plain and simple. If it shows on your steam profile, then there's a reason for that. It's like having a criminal record. It ruins your image, and it alerts people that you are one to keep an eye on.

4 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

well if everyone is playing with a mic(should be mandatory) then u should hear that counselor cussing up a storm cuz they are in the glitch. the one time i was stuck in it the jason player heard me freaking out and asked if i wanted him to go ahead and kill me or see if i could get out of it somehow

Mics aren't mandatory. There are other ways to communicate without them.

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

Right there your argument falls apart. I speak English, spanish, and German. I play in QP with people who speak French, Russian, and a bunch of other languages I can't recognise. What good does being on mic with them do?

You make a good point. At least with emotes, it doesn't matter your native language.

 

Overall, there seems to be a few people that intentionally do wrong in-game, get banned, and blame the developers for having the glitches there to begin with. Whatever happened to people having common sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's a perfect analogy. It's almost too perfect. Show me how it doesn't apply or where it's flawed.

 Thank you. 

Go back and re-read my post. I already did. This is a game not real life. Real life has no “patches”. The games does. the devs can patch out the spaces for glitchers to get into (many many people have reported on them numerous times for months on end) and make it so that glitchers have nowhere to hide, but they don’t, so ultimately it’s their fault.

 

Hope this clears things up for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Real life has no “patches

I was actually referring to the movie Catch Me If You Can (based on a true story) where this kid started forging checks and identifications, by simple means, on a massive scale because the whole thing was based on the honor system basically. 

He got arrested by the FBI and they put him to work and he helped them develop all sorts of modern security measures (real life patches) that makes forgery very difficult to get away with.

So yes. It's the perfect analogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy got banned for a minor exploit but we still got entire lobbies full of assholes in party chat working with Jason, tunneling whoever isn’t their friend and saving their buddies, grabbing them and twirling around, dragging matches out and holding games hostage running entire lobbies over with the car and laying traps at windows and patch-hunting with AFK hosts while everyone else has to suffer. Ok.  

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I was actually referring to the movie Catch Me If You Can (based on a true story) where this kid started forging checks and identifications, by simple means, on a massive scale because the whole thing was based on the honor system basically. 

He got arrested by the FBI and they put him to work and he helped them develop all sorts of modern security measures (real life patches) that makes forgery very difficult to get away with.

So yes. It's the perfect analogy.

Okay, quit arguing semantics about your analogy. My point still stands. The developers need to patch the glitch spots that have been known for a year now. So blame them. Hacker/glutcher idiots are going to be in every game. It’s the responsibility of the devs to fix the game and stopping this from happening, which they have failed to do.

 

SP has been great so far. and props to the devs for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

The developers...blame them.

I will not blame them. Most people that are doing it know better and there are a lot more doing it that aren't getting reported. We need the ones that do get banned to act as examples. 

I have another analogy....not nearly as good as the last one because perfection has no competition...if you go to a corner store and pocket a Snickers and walk out; is it the fault of the store for not having scanners at the door or a security guard to stop you? Or is it your fault for having no moral compass?

The devs have a right to ban you if you violate the terms of service. In fact, they probably have the right to ban you for whatever reason they want. This is a business, not Kindergarten. They reserve the right to refuse service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's far easier to fix an obvious exploit spot than it is to ban everyone who uses it in a game that does not have any sort of in-game report system and relies on video recordings and profile links that can't be proven because anyone can change their display name on PC at any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sgonofe said:

So, I'm not complaining, to begin with, I just want to know the reason since the warning message doesn't say anything. 

You were either exploiting or hacking. Take your pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I will not blame them. Most people that are doing it know better and there are a lot more doing it that aren't getting reported. We need the ones that do get banned to act as examples. 

I have another analogy....not nearly as good as the last one because perfection has no competition...if you go to a corner store and pocket a Snickers and walk out; is it the fault of the store for not having scanners at the door or a security guard to stop you? Or is it your fault for having no moral compass?

The devs have a right to ban you if you violate the terms of service. In fact, they probably have the right to ban you for whatever reason they want. This is a business, not Kindergarten. They reserve the right to refuse service. 

I agree with this whole heartedly. It sickens me to see people blaming the devs for the problems when the intentional exploiters are the ones who personally commited the crimes themselves. It's nothing more than guilty people refusing to take responsibility for their actions by blaming the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but this isn't and has never been the place to ask for personal answers about any bans incurred in the game. It's pretty common policy for game forums.

Best bet would to be try contacting them on their email link via the official website, at the bottom of the page, rather than in a public forum in front of everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...