Jump to content
scorpio

Expectations for Jason X and Grendel Patch

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Expect the worst but hope for the best.

I've all lost all "hope" when it comes to this game. I just feel indifferent now. It's why that last patch didn't bother me one way or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i would have any hope left for this, i would say that uber is actually uber and not just a skin with normal jason powers.

But i doubt it. Haven´t heard a single word that he will be grendel exclusive or get´s his own game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad I'm not the only one disappointed we're not getting Pre-Uber! he's my second favorite Kane Hodder Jason, part 7 being the first, and also the first f13 movie I seen as a Kid. I'm just not that excited for Uber he looks and so damn cool, but pre-uber he took on military soldiers, I really like that Neck Shackle around his neck, and he had some of the coolest kills.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Fix bugs first. As far as Patch ETA late July or early August. 

Yeah, fix bugs.. Then get started on content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes tweeted today their attention is focused on content everyone has been eXpecting! Spelled just like that! Yay! 

Now the bummer part, first off I obviously love Jason x and I backed this game in hopes of getting the Jason x stretch goals (even though me and my girlfriendfriend broke up before release and she stole my savini!) Anyways I was wanting  the Grendel and Uber Jason and ive been pumped since vc 2.0, right after reveal I pictured km-13, an escape pod and the space police connecting to Grendel like in the movie but then roy and Pinehurst dropped and I learned the devs  don't like to change game mechanics and  then reality set in and ive lowered my expectations do I don't get butthurt when Grendel drops let me explain:

Roy was placed in game and besides his match end cut scene nothing was changed.

The devs coyly stated Roy really believes he is Jason but I think that was just their sly attempt to explain away the following inconsistencies, Roy starts in Jason's shack with Pamela's head, Roy hears Pamela's voice, he is stunned by her sweater. Etc etc.

Even if he does believe he is Jason he isn't gonna hear her voice or even know what the hell the sweater is about, even if he did he's not mentally slow like Jason so he'd know it wasn't Pamela wearing sweater telling him to stop.

The truth is the devs couldn't change the game mechanics for one Jason model because it would require too much work and could be game breaking.

this is why sadly the most likely scenario for Grendel map will be the following.

There will be a holodeck on the Grendel housing a fully functional interactive virtual camp Crystal lake. This will be where all objectives will play out, you will still call tommy, repair phone box, call cops, fix car, fix boat, get sweater. The way to win will be escaping virtual camp via cops, car or boat and afterwards the Grendel will probably explode like in movie and the whole escaping virtual camp will be like a distraction to Jason and in reality you are escaping ship it just won't be shown. Either way don't expect there to be new heroes, an escape pod or space police because if they couldn't even change game mechanics for one Jason model then there is no way they can for an entire map. I'm a huge Jason x fan and I'd love to be wrong but if you set your hype aside and look at the facts you will come to same conclusion, it would take too much for them to change the core mechanics of this game. I'm still excited but not gonna be unrealistic about my expectations just to be crushed when it ends up being a virtual camp on part of the Grendel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@uberXJoshua

I think you're right about Grendel mechanics and we already saw a leaked video that showed what you describe. I think it will be disappointing if Grendel works like that but I understand that it takes a lot of work to create new ways to escape. 

But I don't understand when you talk about "for one Jason model". I think we all want to play every Jason in Grendel, we don't just have to play Jason X on this map. Like we can play Jason X in Cristal Lake, Higgins etc...

I'd really like Jarvis and Pinehurst came with new ways to escape too, doesn't matter which Jason we play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sinisterslither said:

@uberXJoshua

I think you're right about Grendel mechanics and we already saw a leaked video that showed what you describe. I think it will be disappointing if Grendel works like that but I understand that it takes a lot of work to create new ways to escape. 

But I don't understand when you talk about "for one Jason model". I think we all want to play every Jason in Grendel, we don't just have to play Jason X on this map. Like we can play Jason X in Cristal Lake, Higgins etc...

I'd really like Jarvis and Pinehurst came with new ways to escape too, doesn't matter which Jason we play.

You misunderstood, I said since they didn't or couldnt change game mechanics for Roy (just a Jason model) then there's no way they can or will change game mechanics for an entire map (Grendel).

 

Uber will be playable in every map and every Jason will be playable on Grendel, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, uberXJoshua said:

You misunderstood, I said since they didn't or couldnt change game mechanics for Roy (just a Jason model) then there's no way they can or will change game mechanics for an entire map (Grendel).

 

Uber will be playable in every map and every Jason will be playable on Grendel, no doubt.

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding ! (my english is pretty bad)

I know you're right about Grendel maps, but I still hope you're not ! ?

They just need to change mechanics for vehicles, the cops escape works the same, call them and go to exit.
They can replace radio by holograms to distract Jason.

For Roy I understand he can't be like in the movie, too many things to change. We could just kill him with shotgun if he was like in the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinisterslither said:

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding ! (my english is pretty bad)

I know you're right about Grendel maps, but I still hope you're not ! ?

They just need to change mechanics for vehicles, the cops escape works the same, call them and go to exit.
They can replace radio by holograms to distract Jason.

For Roy I understand he can't be like in the movie, too many things to change. We could just kill him with shotgun if he was like in the movie.

Escape pod would be sweet but Jason couldn't stop it like a car or pull ppl out etc etc, you're right about cops. I just see them explaining Jason thinks we are escaping virtual camp but in reality it's a hologram to distract him while we escape spaceship. Even though we don't see it we understand that escaping in car or boat is actually us escaping in pod, Hell even if after escaping in car or boat it cut to a cut scene of an escape pod flying off I'd be ok with that. I just hope I'm wrong about us just doing same stuff as other maps in a virtual camp Crystal lake on the Grendel. I really hope I'm wrong.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm expecting hoping for is they will clone the Grendel map at some point and turn it into the Lazarus. Part 8 needs his home playground.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

Escape pod would be sweet but Jason couldn't stop it like a car or pull ppl out etc etc, you're right about cops. I just see them explaining Jason thinks we are escaping virtual camp but in reality it's a hologram to distract him while we escape spaceship. Even though we don't see it we understand that escaping in car or boat is actually us escaping in pod, Hell even if after escaping in car or boat it cut to a cut scene of an escape pod flying off I'd be ok with that. I just hope I'm wrong about us just doing same stuff as other maps in a virtual camp Crystal lake on the Grendel. I really hope I'm wrong.....

I would say they should just make the escape pod more difficult to construct to circumvent the issue of Jason not being able to stop it.

I also strongly believe that leaked map people saw was half finished because there were missing textures and stuff, so I have a feeling those cars, etc. we saw will be refaced to be the pods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I would say they should just make the escape pod more difficult to construct to circumvent the issue of Jason not being able to stop it.

I also strongly believe that leaked map people saw was half finished because there were missing textures and stuff, so I have a feeling those cars, etc. we saw will be refaced to be the pods.

Maybe but look at devs track record, they wouldn't even change anything for Roy, making new objectives would be far to big of a task. The leaked map shows mini map with virtual camp I'm sorry but I'm 99% sure the map will play identically as other maps, we will be doing everything the same to escape via the part of ship that is holodeck virtual camp Crystal lake ? if I'm wrong awesome...but put your hype aside and think realistically about how the devs have handled things so far..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Maybe but look at devs track record, they wouldn't even change anything for Roy, making new objectives would be far to big of a task. The leaked map shows mini map with virtual camp I'm sorry but I'm 99% sure the map will play identically as other maps, we will be doing everything the same to escape via the part of ship that is holodeck virtual camp Crystal lake ? if I'm wrong awesome...but put your hype aside and think realistically about how the devs have handled things so far..

My hype aside, it makes absolutely 0 sense to be able to escape via car on the map. If the devs do that, I would be severely disappointed and definitely question their thought process.

The idea of confusing Jason doesn't work in this instance because Jason is being played by a sentient being, not a CPU that can be tricked by the holodeck.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tiffany said:

My hype aside, it makes absolutely 0 sense to be able to escape via car on the map. If the devs do that, I would be severely disappointed and definitely question their thought process.

The idea of confusing Jason doesn't work in this instance because Jason is being played by a sentient being, not a CPU that can be tricked by the holodeck.

That was just my idea of how they'd explain the move, about as dumb as saying Roy hears Pamela is stunned by her sweater and doesn't die just cuz he's so crazy he believes he is Jason.

 

Take away the tricking Jason part there are big clues, they can't or won't change core objectives and game mechanics, the leaked video shows a camp area on mini map put the 2 together it seems they'll just have us doing same objectives in the virtual camp they'll just say it's fully functional and fully interactive holographic, it's so far in the future they can say tech does whatever they want. Also we are a bunch of 80s counselors on a spaceship in the future.

Side note, the car in video was in middle of a room, even if it was a placeholder it wouldn't be placed like that if it's actually going to be an escape pod. The pod would be on the other side of one of the doors in the Grendel room from vc 2.0 docked to actual ship. I'm just saying don't build your expectations too high and you won't get as disappointed if I'm right but if I'm wrong it'll be sooo much more exciting to get something we didn't expect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times have we've been hype up about an update only for it to turn sour? I've lost track.

If I'm setting real expectations I expect the Grendel to be on the disappointing side of things. Whether the map is mostly made up of a virtual campground or it just plain sucks for various reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? Jason X and the Grendel are the farthest things from my mind right now. All I really want is dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

That was just my idea of how they'd explain the move, about as dumb as saying Roy hears Pamela is stunned by her sweater and doesn't die just cuz he's so crazy he believes he is Jason.

 

Take away the tricking Jason part there are big clues, they can't or won't change core objectives and game mechanics, the leaked video shows a camp area on mini map put the 2 together it seems they'll just have us doing same objectives in the virtual camp they'll just say it's fully functional and fully interactive holographic, it's so far in the future they can say tech does whatever they want. Also we are a bunch of 80s counselors on a spaceship in the future.

Side note, the car in video was in middle of a room, even if it was a placeholder it wouldn't be placed like that if it's actually going to be an escape pod. The pod would be on the other side of one of the doors in the Grendel room from vc 2.0 docked to actual ship. I'm just saying don't build your expectations too high and you won't get as disappointed if I'm right but if I'm wrong it'll be sooo much more exciting to get something we didn't expect!

I totally believe that part of the map will take place in the holodeck. No doubt. That was an iconic part of the film. However, I don't want to believe that a majority of the map will be like that. There's so many other spaces that could be featured (The main control room-ish space with the nanite table, Adrienne's lab, the hanger where all of those weird hooks and crates were, the bridge of the ship, the dorms, the shuttle that Kinsa crashes, etc.), that it would be silly for them to cover nearly half of the map in holodeck spaces. Especially considering the holodeck was only one room on the Grendel. I do however think the holodeck space will be integral to killing Jason, so they can keep the sweater mechanics at play, though I'd much rather a unique kill for the Grendal like launching his ass into space or something.

That leaked video showed random counselors placed all over the map in strange poses, dressers just sitting around in the center of spaces, etc., so who knows. I don't know the process that the devs go through to render these maps, do you?

I can buy Roy being totally delusional and believing he hears Pamela's voice and is stunned by her gross sweater. Mental illness can be absolutely wicked in those terms. But I cannot (CANNOT!) believe that they'll use the car as a method of escape from the Grendel. I will not lower my expectations that much.

I definitely understand the thought of setting your expectations low, but I just can't bring myself to have 0 faith in the devs. I truthfully have not been disappointed by any of their changes (not including unintentional glitches/bugs or that patch where there were like 98 guns and pocket knives on every map, but they fixed that quick), but it seems like you have, so I can understand what you're feeling.

TL;DR? We won't know how this map will look or work until it's officially released, so let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I have more faith in the devs but can't fault you for not, I know this game has let down a lot of people but not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I totally believe that part of the map will take place in the holodeck. No doubt. That was an iconic part of the film. However, I don't want to believe that a majority of the map will be like that. There's so many other spaces that could be featured (The main control room-ish space with the nanite table, Adrienne's lab, the hanger where all of those weird hooks and crates were, the bridge of the ship, the dorms, the shuttle that Kinsa crashes, etc.), that it would be silly for them to cover nearly half of the map in holodeck spaces. Especially considering the holodeck was only one room on the Grendel. I do however think the holodeck space will be integral to killing Jason, so they can keep the sweater mechanics at play, though I'd much rather a unique kill for the Grendal like launching his ass into space or something.

That leaked video showed random counselors placed all over the map in strange poses, dressers just sitting around in the center of spaces, etc., so who knows. I don't know the process that the devs go through to render these maps, do you?

I can buy Roy being totally delusional and believing he hears Pamela's voice and is stunned by her gross sweater. Mental illness can be absolutely wicked in those terms. But I cannot (CANNOT!) believe that they'll use the car as a method of escape from the Grendel. I will not lower my expectations that much.

I definitely understand the thought of setting your expectations low, but I just can't bring myself to have 0 faith in the devs. I truthfully have not been disappointed by any of their changes (not including unintentional glitches/bugs or that patch where there were like 98 guns and pocket knives on every map, but they fixed that quick), but it seems like you have, so I can understand what you're feeling.

TL;DR? We won't know how this map will look or work until it's officially released, so let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I have more faith in the devs but can't fault you for not, I know this game has let down a lot of people but not me.

I appreciate everything they've done they haven't burnt me but I've seen their limitations, sorry but Roy wouldn't be so crazy he'd love in Jason's shack hear Pamela's voice,who he never met btw, or believe a female counselor wearing Pamela's sweater was actually Pamela. They said that to explain away the fact it would've been game breaking to change those mechanics, their core mechanics and all that hoopla have to run the same or it messes things up. Look at my username, I more than anyone want escape pods, km-13 and all that jazz but realistically the small Dev team just lacks the resources to have one map operate completely different than the others. I pray they surprise us but I won't be down if they don't because realistically they can only do so much.

I think there will still be other stuff on the ship that's cool like the liquid nitrogen kill and numerous other environmental kills and Easter eggs and maybe some futuristic weapons buty gut and senses tell me the escaping will be via cops car or boat from virtual camp and that tommy will still be the hero via virtual camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...