scorpio

Expectations for Jason X and Grendel Patch

1) When do you think the patch should be expected by?

2) What would you like to see from the Grendel Map?

3) Are you disappointed that altho we are getting Uber Jason, we aren't getting Pre-Uber Jason (from the first half of Jason X)? - As the only missing Jason from cannon (excluding the remake and Freddy vs Jason), after Uber Jason is added, will the game/virtual cabin feel incomplete without Jason X (pre-uber) being represented? Should he be at least added to the Virtual Cabin Museum? Could Jason X somehow be an alternate skin for Uber Jason at least? 

3 minutes ago, scorpio said:

) When do you think the patch should be expected by?

Not until this game has dedicated servers and all the bugs introduced from the previous 3 patches are fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1.) I hope soon (and I mean actually soon, not the dev's version of soon)

2.) There's a few things I'd like to see: A new hero character (like KM (preferred) or Sgt. Brodsky, as many have mentioned), all new environmental kills, new escape methods, and a new Jason kill, to name a few. I'd also like to see a new counselor or two and a new clothing pack to accompany the new map.

3.) I would like to see Pre-Uber Jason X added as well. It's weird that the devs are being so blasé about adding him. Pre-Uber Jason would be a totally different Jason compared to Uber, their stats would need to differ quite significantly if the films are any indication, so I don't think an alternate skin would be the way to go, but I wouldn't complain if they did that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

2.) There's a few things I'd like to see: A new hero character (like KM (preferred) or Sgt. Brodsky, as many have mentioned),

Yeh, I wish they'd add more hero options for us to call for help from, other than just Jarvis too!  I'd personally like Creighton Duke to be one of those options! 

7 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

3.) I would like to see Pre-Uber Jason X added as well. It's weird that the devs are being so blasé about adding him.

Yeh, what bothers me the most is that they won't even give any kind of legitimate reason as to WHY they refuse to add him. I mean at least add him to the Virtual Cabin, he's lit the last Jason they have the rights to they could add after Uber Jason, so why withhold him from the fans? Plus I might be wrong about this, but I'd heard a while back that Jason X (pre-uber Jason) actually has the highest Kill Count of ALL the Jasons that have been in the films! 'IF' this is true then he DESERVES to be added and his omittance is a TRAVESTY! Hell even if it isn't true, I'm pretty DAMN sure he killed more people in Jason X than Uber Jason did, hell he was in the film longer, that's for damn sure! 

3 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Yeh, what bothers me the most is that they won't even give any kind of legitimate reason as to WHY they refuse to add him. I mean at least add him to the Virtual Cabin, he's lit the last Jason they have the rights to they could add after Uber Jason, so why withhold him from the fans? Plus I might be wrong about this, but I'd heard a while back that Jason X (pre-uber Jason) actually has the highest Kill Count of ALL the Jasons that have been in the films! 'IF' this is true then he DESERVES to be added and his omittance is a TRAVESTY! Hell even if it isn't true, I'm pretty DAMN sure he killed more people in Jason X than Uber Jason did, hell he was in the film longer, that's for damn sure! 

So, we're just giving him a heavy death toll from the space station exploding?

8 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Yeh, I wish they'd add more hero options for us to call for help from, other than just Jarvis too!  I'd personally like Creighton Duke to be one of those options! 

Yes! I would also love to see Creighton and Tina added as heroes! And maybe even Trish!

6 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Maybe they're withholding his addition to be a surprise for fans? Wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

I'd like for them to add him along with a military bunker-esque map like the lab/research facility-thing he was frozen in. Would be really cool to take us out of the woods, so to speak, and into a different environment as well.

1. July 13, 2018 (it's a Friday)
  2. I'd like to see something different from the maps we have currently, be it in objectives or style.
  3. It would be interesting to get Jason X with Uber Jason, but I'm indifferent. What would his stats be to separate him from the other Jason characters currently?

57 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Immediately.

I have seen Jasons with bizarre skins, wrapped in what appears to be text.

We have the Roy exit being walked by Savini.

We have fully functional Jason X's running amok.

I have even seen players in lobbies being accused of having Jason X that do not have him showing as their selected Jason, and they swear up and down they don't. Not to mention the fact that we all know we're spawning in as Jasons and counselors we have not selected. Is someone seeing Jason X while others are not? At this point I wouldn't doubt it's possible.

They screwed this up. Bad. Really bad.

They need to just unlock Jason X for everyone. I am saying this as someone that doesn't really care about him. In fact, he is my least favorite Jason. They need to just unlock him because, in what seems like less than an hour, he was everywhere. I seriously wonder at this point if people are in danger of a ban for something that could literally be no fault of their own.

If they're releasing something special it needs to just be the map or SPC that was coming with him.

Maybe they think the fans don't want him because many people don't like that movie but not having Uber-Jason would be a missed opportunity. But Shiftysamurai found out , that most people actually want him , so he told the devs that Pre-Uber-Jason is a wanted Jason (I don't want to find the link now). My theory is , that we get Uber-Jason with dedicated servers and Pre-Uber-Jason with Grendel.

I think having pre uber be an alternate skin is a great Idea.  Uber jason will be a tank powerful but slow. I would hope to see it by July -ish. Im wondwring how the hero bit is gonna work with jarvis in space. They are gonna have to change jarvis to a man capable of space travel

2018-05-28-11-09-21--14408594.jpg

5 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

I think having pre uber be an alternate skin is a great Idea.  Uber jason will be a tank powerful but slow. I would hope to see it by July -ish. Im wondwring how the hero bit is gonna work with jarvis in space. They are gonna have to change jarvis to a man capable of space travel

2018-05-28-11-09-21--14408594.jpg

Maybe a new hero is being introduced? For Grendel only? Man I hope so.

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:
  1. July 13, 2018 (it's a Friday)

Also the LAST Friday the 13th for 14 months.

3 hours ago, scorpio said:

3) Are you disappointed that altho we are getting Uber Jason, we aren't getting Pre-Uber Jason (from the first half of Jason X)? - As the only missing Jason from cannon (excluding the remake and Freddy vs Jason), after Uber Jason is added, will the game/virtual cabin feel incomplete without Jason X (pre-uber) being represented? Should he be at least added to the Virtual Cabin Museum? Could Jason X somehow be an alternate skin for Uber Jason at least? 

1. I would hope by Friday the 13th in July but considering the devs track record im thinking sometime by September-early October 

2. Face smash and giant screw kill obviously. General fun sci-fi schlock vibes. Hopefully futuristic clothing. I really really want to see KM14 as the hero but I highly doubt we will get it. We will see Tommy Jarvis in space and it will look stupid. Also if they pull some shit like maybe a few rooms are the space ship and the rest of the map is a camp "hologram" that would be the most bullshit cop out ever and the whole community will go off like a nuke.

3. Very, like you guys have the rights so why the hell not??? I remember someone saying shifty was talking to everyone on the team about people wanting pre-uber so hopefully that goes somewhere.

ohh ya and im expecting lots-o bugs

lol uber Jason is already in the game, you dont believe me? just play on steam and you will see him in plenty of matches, with his new kills and all, a lot of people have him already

I think they should focus on fixing all the bugs that are currently in game instead of releasing more content with even more bugs

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scorpio said:

Expected? Next month.
When should it actually be? Hell if I know. Fix the game first before giving us more characters that we don't really need at the moment. Sure, people have been antsy for Uber since the reveal, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the fans would prefer a functional game with one less character than a buggy, awkward beta-tier release with a glorified space man.

Good environmental kills referencing the movie, a unique animation for Jason leaving (I swear if they just make some dumb space Pamela shrine, I will be very disappointed), and Tommy Jarvis being replaced with my main man Sgt. Brodski.

That last one is more or less a joke, even if it would be way cooler than Tommy Jarvis in space.

Disappointed? Sure, I guess. It's not that big of a deal. Pre-Uber isn't that interesting anyway, and he's barely the focal point. Uber Jason is the memorable part of Jason X. If they added him as a skin for Uber, that'd be cool, but I'd rather get Pamela or even Reboot Jason as a separate character instead of Pre-Uber.

14 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

July 13, 2018 (it's a Friday)

i hope so because this happens to be my birthday as well!!

No idea. Uber Jason himself is clearly ready, but the Grendel map is a huge undertaking, probably the hardest content addition the multiplayer side of the game has faced, outside of Paranoia and we all saw how that didn't turn out.

Besides the obvious stuff like new objectives and kills from the movie, I'd like it to be well balanced and well designed, which is going to be a huge challenge for IllFonic because the game was designed around open campground with clusters of cabins spread throughout. An internal map with lots of hallways and narrow areas is not what the game, Jason's powers, or the stamina system was designed around.

They were only going to add one Jason right now. They could add the regular Jason X version or the one that stands out more and is what the movie is remembered for. They made the right choice and while I'd be more than fine with Jason X being added later on, I'd rather have Uber at the moment.

I hope they hold off until they fix some stuff.  I'm not excited at all about Uber or Grendel.  I'd be more excited with pre Uber and the Crystal lake research facility, but only after the game is running smooth which it most certainly is not.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I hope they hold off until they fix some stuff.  I'm not excited at all about Uber or Grendel.  I'd be more excited with pre Uber and the Crystal lake research facility, but only after the game is running smooth which it most certainly is not.  

I agree with every part of your statement.  I really hope the next patch focuses primarily on correcting existing bugs and making for an overall better and more stable experience.  I am not really that excited for the new Jason or map either to be honest.  The kills I have seen for him and the new weapon look great and I love those, but, like you, I would have much preferred pre-uber Jason and the Crystal Lake facility map.  Something about bionic Uber Jason and a space ship map make me roll my eyes.  I thought Jason X was ridiculous and cannot believe it was ever allowed to be made.  lol.  It seemed like a SYFY channel movie where people who loved the Alien movies got together with people who loved slasher films and decided to mash them together to make a movie.  It was atrocious. The pre-uber was ok though.  

• Like 1

I am disappointed we are not getting preuber Jason despite the licensing and that they are hitting all of the unreached stretch goals, yet no Pamela Voorhees. I am uncertain about how this patch will go.