marypreying

Single Player Challenges correlate with which movie? [potential spoilers]

HI all,

[potential spoilers below[

I am loving the new challenges but having some trouble determining how all of them line up with the movies

1. Broken down - seems to be from Part V

2. Power Struggle - seems to be from Part III

3. Lights Out - I cannot figure this one out!!!

4. Stargazing - seems to be from Part III

5. Packanack Party - seems to be Part II

6. Snuggle by Fire - seems to be Part II

7. Strip Poker - seems to be Part I

8. Escaping - seems to be Part IV

Have not attempted the final two. Is this more or less correct and what is number 3 based on??

thanks

2 minutes ago, VoorheesPlease said:

I'm pretty sure they aren't tied to the films at all. Just original scenes made up for the game.

well I am pretty sure the ones I posted are based on those movie scenes. I mean you have Shelly, harpoon to eye, etc. One of the hidden objectives are even the wheelchair kill and another is called "revenge on Jenny" - clear allsuion to Jason getting hung by Chris (who looks like Jenny) at end of Part 3.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesPlease said:

I'm pretty sure they aren't tied to the films at all. Just original scenes made up for the game.

Maybe not directly but there is plenty of homages with many of the special kills.

8 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Maybe not directly but there is plenty of homages with many of the special kills.

yes I know quest6 although based on the Paul Holt campfire has sleeping bag kills a l some of the later movies. Just quest 3 that I cannot find a tie in.

6 minutes ago, marypreying said:

yes I know quest6 although based on the Paul Holt campfire has sleeping bag kills a l some of the later movies. Just quest 3 that I cannot find a tie in.

Well there was a road flare kill in part 5, it just didn't involve gasoline.

9. Jason is here - Friday the 13th a New.Beginning

10. Vacation party - Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

The last two and for light's out i'm not sure if it's any. 

59 minutes ago, VoorheesPlease said:

Definitely not original. Some of the dialogue was lifted straight from the films.

I think lights out could be based on the first film? When Bill and Alice were the last two and began suspecting something was up.

Lights out is a reference to Part1. Similarities: AJ freaks out just the same as Alice did in Part1 while Bill (Kenny) still thinks that "they will laugh about it tomorrow".Bill / Kenny goes of to repair the generator. AJ/ Alice later goes searching for him when he is not coming back.

About "snuggle by the fire" and part 2. Sure,  part 2 has the campfire scene but Jason is not active during that scene and there are no tents. I think snuggle by the fire is a referenece to the 2009 "remake" pre-title sequence.  In the movie there is a campfire-tale sequence and the characters are actually camping in tents like in the single player challenge. Eric would be the double for Wade. Adam and Tiffany would be the doubles for Richie and Amanda. AJ would be Amanda and Chad Nick. Tiffany´s and Adam´s death could also be seen as a reference to the JGTH-death sequence of Deborah and Luke.There is also a bridge over a river/body of water in the movie and the single player challange.

4 hours ago, Germaniac said:

About "snuggle by the fire" and part 2. Sure,  part 2 has the campfire scene but Jason is not active during that scene and there are no tents. I think snuggle by the fire is a referenece to the 2009 "remake" pre-title sequence.  In the movie there is a campfire-tale sequence and the characters are actually camping in tents like in the single player challenge. Eric would be the double for Wade. Adam and Tiffany would be the doubles for Richie and Amanda. AJ would be Amanda and Chad Nick. Tiffany´s and Adam´s death could also be seen as a reference to the JGTH-death sequence of Deborah and Luke.There is also a bridge over a river/body of water in the movie and the single player challange.

That's how I saw it, mostly linked to the remake with Part 9 sprinkled on. Can also see a little bit from Part 7 in there; being able to do the sleeping bag kill while Tiffany is waiting for Adam, and also how you see Kenny chopping wood (scene from Part 7 where a guy gets killed gathering firewood).

Agreed number 3 is part 1. Number 6 is mostly a remake reference. 9 would be part 5. 10 is almost completely ripped from part 4. Some are very heavily inspired, while others are a bit more original with bits taken here and there.