Most of us are over the age of 21 ...this game isn’t scary and was never meant to be...was it supposed to however bring you some  tension?YES!!!The tension isn’t what it used to be because now I know what to expect ..top tier Jason’s play the same. Low tier Jason’s and new Jasons have the same play style...I’ve seen it all 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Plenty of people had thick skin and it went as high as 60% it I'm not mistaken.

I remember hitting LaChappa 14 times as part 3 Jason before he finally died.

Not release week and i don't recall even running into anyone with it for the first month but yes Thick Skin was ridiculous before the nerf, I'm glad I got all my Epics early on as getting those same perks now seems almost impossible considering how much CP I spent trying to get Legendaries and barely getting any decent epics.

Just now, TiffanyCakes said:

Most of us are over the age of 21 ...this game isn’t scary and was never meant to be...was it supposed to however bring you some  tension?YES!!!The tension isn’t what it used to be because now I know what to expect ..top tier Jason’s play the same. Low tier Jason’s and new Jasons have the same play style...I’ve seen it all 

Yeah , okay then tense but I think everyone gets my Point.

Jason was scary in the beginning because of the newness of the game, the holy grail grab, the fact you really had to aim to save a teammate because you could just as easily kill your teammate trying to save them. No one really knew what to do except run. Some knew about killing Jason but it was kind of a unicorn type deal because of the above and trolls hadn't really become a thing yet. It was a different time.

My first few matches I was AJ and I was constantly crouched, sticking to the shadows and hiding in bushes and in trees, trying to figure out what to do. How do I survive?!  Obviously, after a few thousand rounds it isn't the same but as a Deb main when Jason is around the struggle is very very real.

Also I was young when a majority of these movies came out, so even to this day the music/score makes me tense. In the beginning of each match I have to turn my headset down until I after the cut scene.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Make stalk permanent.

See? Just made him 99% more scary.

I feel like that’s your dream jason. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Make stalk permanent.

See? Just made him 99% more scary.

What about this: stalk can last as long as any counselor can't see you. Once sighted, it has to recharge again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

What about this: stalk can last as long as any counselor can't see you. Once sighted, it has to recharge again.

That can work too. Anything to mitigate the effect of Jasons proximity boom box is fine by me.

It wasn't scary to begin with...

And it still isn't imo...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That can work too. Anything to mitigate the effect of Jasons proximity boom box is fine by me.

Now I'm going to be picturing the guys from part 8 following him around with their boom box...

• Like 1

I would like to see Jason only appear on the map when he's in eyesight of the counselor, and have the icon fade away quickly after you've lost sight of him. Also remove Jason's minimap icon when he's in shift, whether he has stalk enabled or not.

I think it made us jump more. Not necessarily scarier. It was more of people were knew, didnt know the maps, didnt know Jason's abilities or kills as much. On top of that, if someone died with an item, unless they called it out it was rare to retrieve it. No map icons and fuses falling in the ground made it intense.

I think the darker ambience and lowered gamma added with the sound bite when Jason grabs you now makes more jump scares. New Stalk, Shift, Grab with sound bite can be a big jump scare. I think his new grab has made me jump a few times when first trying to fight him after the update.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I would like to see Jason only appear on the map when he's in eyesight of the counselor, and have the icon fade away quickly after you've lost sight of him. Also remove Jason's minimap icon when he's in shift, whether he has stalk enabled or not.

Hell, go the extra mile and remove the minimap for counselors all together.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

New Stalk, Shift, Grab with sound bite can be a big jump scare.

Especially the first time. I wasn't expecting it to be that loud so my tv was turned up a bit higher than it should've been lol

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm not sure id go that far, as it does account for situational awareness, but I would compromise saying minimap only displays what direction you're facing and not what's behind you.

I don't think Jason is really scary, I mean even if the game was so unbalanced everyone died 99% of the times. Jason was never really that scary in the movies either, I mean if it was real life it would be terrifying, but we all know its a game/movie. popping up with a perfect shift grab can make you jump a bit, but this game will not have the same spooky effects like the old silent hill games etc, and it shouldn't, to do so would be to turn it into something totally different, I hear a lot about wanting this game to scare the shit out of you, and I mean really how many times are you going to be scared, this game is great due to replay value and game chat IMO.

The "squeakers" everyone gripes about are probably the only ones that get scared from this. any of you guys have nightmares about this game, or any other for that matter? maybe im just desensitized due to watching horror movies since I was 8, 30 years ago

6 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I'm not sure id go that far, as it does account for situational awareness, but I would compromise saying minimap only displays what direction you're facing and not what's behind you.

Or keep the minimap and just remove Jason from it entirely. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I don't think this would be a good idea, I mean you have to have fun as a counselor, if all of you guys die in the first 5 minutes and nothing ever gets repaired it will be no fun, community will die and leave us nothing with AI to play with, I hear so much about Jason being underpowered, however the only time Ive seen this happen is with people who are learning to play Jason, experienced Jasons have almost always gotten all, or all but 1 or 2, since the beginning of the game.

statistics basically are you will play 7 matches as a counselor and 1 as Jason then repeat. of course we know this isn't true due to different preference settings but if everyone wants to be Jason this is how it will turn out.

Making the game terrible for counselors will basically end the games online community

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

Or keep the minimap and just remove Jason from it entirely. 

What about my above idea?

16 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

What about my above idea?

I like either one, honestly.

I'm just of the opinion that the map should be used more for counselor navigation, and less for tracking Jason. 

Yeah, having the minimap ONLY show where you are and what’s around you would help! No red icon for Jason (unless flare fires), and no arrows showing directions of other counselors and such. Keep the minimap clean

6 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I like either one, honestly.

I'm just of the opinion that the map should be used more for counselor navigation, and less for tracking Jason. 

for the most part it is I think, Jason shows up when in sight or flaired if im not mistaken, maybe if in sight it should only show on your minimap instead of the entire groups map requiring counselor to send up a flair to identify him or radio his location, stalking could make him blend in with the woods like the predator, I mean there's a thousand changes that could be made to make it more tense, but many of them would be online gameplay killers I think. you could remove walkies and large maps but that would ruin it for me, I like to play to talk.

having jasons stalk last until spotted by anyone was a neat idea, he could basically use it like AJ's sneakiness, hes hard to spot in the woods so if he attempted to walk around slowly in the woods to set up the perfect shift grab undetected this would prevent counselors from spinning around to avoid it, it would also make them want to repair in pairs always, someone on the lookout to try and spot Jason and get him out of stalk, I think that idea was the best one ive heard so far as long as it doesn't unbalance the game to an extent counselor play is no longer fun.

bottom line is I think the game is great as it is, I don't play to be scared shitless, or roam around aimlessly as a counselor, so many people love playing Jason of course, but anything that ruins it too much for playing as counselors will kill multiplayer, as it is we already have jasons quit if they don't get everyone and counselors quit just because they died quickly and don't want to spectate, putting a good community together is hard enough as it is.

4 hours ago, fourkillmaster said:

THICK SKIN - Nobody had this perk, if Jason hit you with a knife you were in for a world of hurt, if he trapped the phone you weren't going to run onto unless you had a medspray. He could easily slash you and negate your pocketknives. Nobody knew the meta either, plus he had Mr fantastic grab range and if you were in a cabin with him he'd get you.

This was part of it.

On top of that, his slash range was much more vicious. Ever since it was tightened up, he can't hit anything that isn't right next to him.

The larger slash range is something that needs to come back for Jason to be scary or properly intimidating. 

How long was the reach? Part 3 could slash you outside of the swinging range of your baseball bat. Part 6 and Savini were considered broken because they had huge reach and counselors couldn't get close without being butchered.

A slasher noob Jason could go in and score 8/8. When you saw Jason, you ran like you never ran before. If you heard his music or saw a screen flip, you knew you were probably dead. Why? Because even when you knew HOW to kill Jason, his slashing reach would likely kill you before you could hit him and stun him enough.

I recall an instance where I was part of a "Jason killing team". A noob using Part 3 became Jason. By the boathouse in Crystal Lake, myself and 4 other counselors decided to hit him until his mask came off. We stunned him once. He got up after that and just started swinging. His swing speed was faster than the counselors and didn't have a huge cooldown. Four of us were DEAD with the fifth limping away as everyone in the chat laughed at how STUPID we were. Largely, because of everyone being there, several people were injured by other players because friendly fire was still a thing, making it even easier for Jason to drop us.

THAT is what is missing; the threat of death if Jason gets close at all. The grab as it is right now is amusing for catching a solo counselor, but you need to buff up the slashing now that everyone is using Thick Skinned.

In my opinion, a Weapon damage + Jason should kill a counselor with 3 hits, 2 hits make them limp. The top tier thick skinned in 4 hits, 2 hits STILL make you limp. Any other Jason Makes you limp in 3 hits.

Thick skinned shouldn't kick in until you're limping. People also forget that thick skinned helped sponge you against ALL damage. Like... from other counselors? Now that they aren't a factor, either reduce it or remove it. Jason needs to be able to do max damage.

Oh, and Jason's Traps should reduce you to 1 HP, regardless of what perks you have, if you're in good health (running). Limping? YOU'RE DEAD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1