18 hours ago, Slit518 said:

You know, Ahab, you are right.  Perhaps I should just play a bit more.

I think I'm just freaking out about everything else in my life, and all the time I don't have, that I just bugged out easy.

A $1 a level is expensive, but seems more realistic.  I'm level 61, so that would be a lot of dollars. ?

Its just a game... not worth getting upset about. ... Stress kills and there is already enough of that to go around.
   It may take a bit of time... but you will unlock the things you want eventually.

Honestly If you really want max level just go play offline bots on hard. make sure to get all environmental kills, trap someone and turn off power once for max xp each match. Do it each match as fast as possible. Doing this on x2 xp weekends is the best time for this, and its honestly not that hard to do.

people who get pissed over others buying progress they "earned" sound sad as fuck to me. youre really gonna get that upset over someone buying a "reward" you got for putting unhealthy amounts of time into staring at a monitor and pressing a bunch of keys and moving some bumper stickers around with your thumbs? get back to reality lol.

you didnt earn shit, you just played a video game. nobody gives a single shit about how much time you put into it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

people who get pissed over others buying progress they "earned" sound sad as fuck to me. youre really gonna get that upset over someone buying a "reward" you got for putting unhealthy amounts of time into staring at a monitor and pressing a bunch of keys and moving some bumper stickers around with your thumbs? get back to reality lol.

you didnt earn shit, you just played a video game. nobody gives a single shit about how much time you put into it.

That is just about the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Try applying this thought to something else in life, i am a musician and if i instead of taking the time to sit down and write and record a song i paid some dude to just give me a song and it becomes a hit, any other musician would consider that lazy and uncreative but by your thought process who cares because all your doing is moving your fingers on an instrument for hours at a time why put in time to earn something when you can just pay to have it handed to you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

That is just about the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Try applying this thought to something else in life, i am a musician and if i instead of taking the time to sit down and write and record a song i paid some dude to just give me a song and it becomes a hit, any other musician would consider that lazy and uncreative but by your thought process who cares because all your doing is moving your fingers on an instrument for hours at a time why put in time to earn something when you can just pay to have it handed to you

thats just about the dumbest thing i have ever heard. how can you even think that skillfully playing an instrument and making music is the same thing as playing a videogame? 5 year old kids play videogames for hours on end. i barely ever see 5 year old kids play a piano even half right. the fact youd even think of comparing playing a videogame to making music is retarded at best.

jesus, i knew you guys were bad. but at this point it seems like you literally feel like beethoven, or like you found the cure for cancer because you played this game long enough to unlock weapon swapping and a few jason models. fml

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

thats just about the dumbest thing i have ever heard. how can you even think that skillfully playing an instrument and making music is the same thing as playing a videogame? 5 year old kids play videogames for hours on end. i barely ever see 5 year old kids play a piano even half right. the fact youd even think of comparing playing a videogame to making music is retarded at best.

jesus, i knew you guys were bad. but at this point it seems like you literally feel like beethoven, or like you found the cure for cancer because you played this game long enough to unlock weapon swapping and a few jason models. fml

Clearly you missed the underlying point, but that's ok if you could you would pay to have gotten that too

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Clearly you missed the underlying point, but that's ok if you could you would pay to have gotten that too

i simply dont care about underlying points. i said theres no reason for anyone to get pissed over something they played the game a long time  for becoming a buyable unlock. its a video game, if you play it so much you reach level 150 its because you enjoyed the game. good for you. you paid 40 bucks at most for it and spent 600 hours on playing and leveling. great work. others cant or just dont want to spend so much time, eventually burning them selves out and losing interest in the game from its repetitive gameplay where theyll drop it before they even reach level 75. should they have less of an experience because they cant put as much hours into the game as others? what stupid logic is that? why reward someone for playing a videogame. reward people for going outside and doing stuff, dont reward them for sitting on their ass and pressing buttons. the whole grinding system in this game is nothing but participation awards. are you so proud of winning virtual participation awards that literally dont mean shit at all other than "look myself, i played this game for so many hours!" that you dont want others to get basic features simply because you played the game for longer than they did?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i simply dont care about underlying points. i said theres no reason for anyone to get pissed over something they played the game a long time  for becoming a buyable unlock. its a video game, if you play it so much you reach level 150 its because you enjoyed the game. good for you. you paid 40 bucks at most for it and spent 600 hours on playing and leveling. great work. others cant or just dont want to spend so much time, eventually burning them selves out and losing interest in the game from its repetitive gameplay where theyll drop it before they even reach level 75. should they have less of an experience because they cant put as much hours into the game as others? what stupid logic is that? why reward someone for playing a videogame. reward people for going outside and doing stuff, dont reward them for sitting on their ass and pressing buttons. the whole grinding system in this game is nothing but participation awards. are you so proud of winning virtual participation awards that literally dont mean shit at all other than "look myself, i played this game for so many hours!" that you dont want others to get basic features simply because you played the game for longer than they did?

Would you also view things in a job situation too? Someone with long time seniority can lose their seniority position by someone who pays to be more important in the workplace, because hey, nobody cares how many years you have worked here, i paid money and so i should have higher seniority

• Confused 1

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

Would you also view things in a job situation too? Someone with long time seniority can lose their seniority position by someone who pays to be more important in the workplace?

i literally mentioned video games because i mean video games and video games only. i have no idea how you can think that if i want a buyable unlock in a game i suddenly want everything in my life to be "buyable unlocks". your thinking is absurd. lets keep this discussion inside of the friday the 13th games forum. the fact you keep ignoring half of what i write just to say "would you like if i put your logic into whatever real life situation" shows me that you have nothing decent to say against my point. try harder please

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

i literally mentioned video games because i mean video games and video games only. i have no idea how you can think that if i want a buyable unlock in a game i suddenly want everything in my life to be "buyable unlocks". your thinking is absurd. lets keep this discussion inside of the friday the 13th games forum. the fact you keep ignoring half of what i write just to say "would you like if i put your logic into whatever real life situation" shows me that you have nothing decent to say against my point. try harder please

If you think that people should be able to buy their way to level 150 without putting in the time and feel that is ok but can't grasp similar examples to other things like i have mentioned, shows me that you don't understand why people are against the idea of having the option to buy your way to max level. People need to stop feeling like they are entitled to whatever they want or feel like they shouldn't have to put in the time and effort to achieve something. Spoiled ass generation

• Confused 2

Absolutely not. This line of thinking is why gaming is in the rut it is with loot boxes and pay to win nonsense infesting every game. Im sorry, if you don't have the time/effort to put in the gameplay, you do NOT deserve the rewards when others put in the time and effort. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Absolutely not. This line of thinking is why gaming is in the rut it is with loot boxes and pay to win nonsense infesting every game. Im sorry, if you don't have the time/effort to put in the gameplay, you do NOT deserve the rewards when others put in the time and effort. 

This but with alot more vulgarity

3 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

On the contrary most musicians have been playing since they were kids. And obviously this game requires skill. You’re an idiot and it shows so transparently. 

5 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

On the contrary most musicians have been playing since they were kids. And obviously this game requires skill. You’re an idiot and it shows so transparently. 

thats cuz instruments take a ton of skill and time and effort and natural talent to master playing. as i said, i dont see many kids playing beethoven masterfully on a piano (some prodigies yes, but they have been working hard towards that and been pushed by their parents)  but pretty much every kid there is nowadays trickshots and 180s on call of duty. this game doesnt even require skill at all. and it obviously doesnt have to. its not a competitive game in anyway. 

skillfully playing an instrument and making music with it =/= playing friday the 13th game for a suspiciously long while, apparently - the f13 community.

8 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

but can't grasp similar examples to other things like i have mentioned, shows me that you don't understand why people are against the idea of having the option to buy your way to max level. People need to stop feeling like they are entitled to whatever they want or feel like they shouldn't have to put in the time and effort to achieve something. Spoiled ass generation

i can grasp them no problem. i just dont see why youre puttin up "buying a higher position in a job cause you dont wanna work towards it" on the same level as "buying a level in friday the 13th the game to not have to play it for 600 hours to unlock the full experience" because im not talking about real life or anything, im simply saying IN THIS GAME. theres no point in working towards a game literally besides doing it for your own enjoyment. feeling rewarded and special because you played the game for x hours is stupid at best. lastly, theres a clear difference between f13 the game and everything else in real life.

if you spend 600 hours "working" on f13 on f13 wage, what do you get? you get experience and levels and a few basic features. what can you do with them? can you buy (real life) food with them? feed your (real life) family with xp? buy a (real life) yacht with that level 150 you got?

now spend 600 hours ACTUALLY working a job for that jobs wage. suddenly you realize when you work in real life instead of spending all your time sitting on your ass "working" on a videogame, you actually make real money and are able to buy real things now. whoah, its almost as if friday the 13th isnt real work and getting to 150 isnt a reward in any possible way besides giving you a participation award with a few pastel shirt unlocks and a basic feature in it.

this forum needs to control their fetishes. why everybody wants to throw around "similar things" when im clearly talking about THIS situation in f13 the game and nothing else is beyond me. your reasoning comes across as "hell no, people work hard to become ceos of a company, if i worked hard to be level 150 im on the same level as the people that worked to be ceos of a company. i deserved it, you dont." if you wanna actually talk and not just shit verbal diarrhea out of your mouth then you realize just how much of a different world these two are. but im not even surprised now. you guys literally feel like messiahs cuz yall played this game for 600 or so hours. congrats on wasting your time, atleast you feel like you accomplished somethin in your life now ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

thats cuz instruments take a ton of skill and time and effort and natural talent to master playing. as i said, i dont see many kids playing beethoven masterfully on a piano (some prodigies yes, but they have been working hard towards that and been pushed by their parents)  but pretty much every kid there is nowadays trickshots and 180s on call of duty. this game doesnt even require skill at all. and it obviously doesnt have to. its not a competitive game in anyway. 

skillfully playing an instrument and making music with it =/= playing friday the 13th game for a suspiciously long while, apparently - the f13 community.

i can grasp them no problem. i just dont see why youre puttin up "buying a higher position in a job cause you dont wanna work towards it" on the same level as "buying a level in friday the 13th the game to not have to play it for 600 hours to unlock the full experience" because im not talking about real life or anything, im simply saying IN THIS GAME. theres no point in working towards a game literally besides doing it for your own enjoyment. feeling rewarded and special because you played the game for x hours is stupid at best. lastly, theres a clear difference between f13 the game and everything else in real life.

if you spend 600 hours "working" on f13 on f13 wage, what do you get? you get experience and levels and a few basic features. what can you do with them? can you buy (real life) food with them? feed your (real life) family with xp? buy a (real life) yacht with that level 150 you got?

now spend 600 hours ACTUALLY working a job for that jobs wage. suddenly you realize when you work in real life instead of spending all your time sitting on your ass "working" on a videogame, you actually make real money and are able to buy real things now. whoah, its almost as if friday the 13th isnt real work and getting to 150 isnt a reward in any possible way besides giving you a participation award with a few pastel shirt unlocks and a basic feature in it.

this forum needs to control their fetishes. why everybody wants to throw around "similar things" when im clearly talking about THIS situation in f13 the game and nothing else is beyond me. your reasoning comes across as "hell no, people work hard to become ceos of a company, if i worked hard to be level 150 im on the same level as the people that worked to be ceos of a company. i deserved it, you dont." if you wanna actually talk and not just shit verbal diarrhea out of your mouth then you realize just how much of a different world these two are. but im not even surprised now. you guys literally feel like messiahs cuz yall played this game for 600 or so hours. congrats on wasting your time, atleast you feel like you accomplished somethin in your life now ?‍♀️

Dude. Stop talking and disappear.

I feel this gives it too much of a pay to win feel, i know leveling up mainly adds cosmetic feature but we all know pay to win games suck. I also notice when I have no goal to obtain like a higher level I lose some interest in a game and i believe other players can be this way too. If players can buy the game and then just pay for max level other than collectables and maybe some achievements what other goals can they aim for?

No one will be buying max level. It’s not fair to those who don’t have that luxury is its not okay for someone with zero experience in the game to to have everything unlocked. This will not happen. End of story.

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2018 at 4:48 PM, WashingtonJones said:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

Max level gives you nothing but cosmetics, it doesn't give anyone an advantage. 

And who cares if they didn't "earn it"? They earned the money they're willing to pay for it. 

I'm surprised this hasn't been added already. 

I feel like to earn 150 you have put the effort in understand the gameplay, and should at least be proficient in most things. When I see anothwr 150 in the lobby I know they are at least competent and over mic these are the people I link up with to conduct repairs etc....as a jason they are my first targeys because they will get shit done. I dont wanna hear a 150 in the lobbu as Jason asking "how do I grab" "I have throwing knives?" to me 150 is a badge of honor and it shouldnt be for sale. 

Murca

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigShaunPolk said:

I feel like to earn 150 you have put the effort in understand the gameplay, and should at least be proficient in most things. When I see anothwr 150 in the lobby I know they are at least competent and over mic these are the people I link up with to conduct repairs etc....as a jason they are my first targeys because they will get shit done. I dont wanna hear a 150 in the lobbu as Jason asking "how do I grab" "I have throwing knives?" to me 150 is a badge of honor and it shouldnt be for sale. 

Murca

have the 150 be a dollar sign instead. fixed lol.

its cool that youre proud of playing the game enough to get to level 150 and its cool you feel honored about it. people see 150 as a kinda "hes experienced" thing.

i would suggest simply buying all the unlockables you get to 150 and keeping whatever level you got. its unfair to people who dont have the time or internet connection necessary for this huge level to be restricted from cool features like weapon swapping that everybody waited equally long for. and 99% of the rest of the unlockables are just clothing colors and patterns that nobody really cares about either.

nobody loses this way, unless you count those few sad people who feel like their dignity and human rights are violated when someone unlocks tiffanys gray booty shorts color before spending as much time playing this as they did. other than that, you have way more people with weapon swapping making for not only a more fresher and varied experience but theyll also be buying the kill packs more and gun will overall make a lot of money with this. although i think jason x / uber jason should still be level restricted. jason took a shitton of time, sequels and kills to eventually end up in space and turn into a cyborg, so the game should reflect it. and it would be silly if everyone could buy uber jason and just play him.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

weapon swapping

This is the only reason you want to buy the level, right? I get the feeling that's the case for most people here. Selling max level IS NOT the way for them to do it.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

This is the only reason you want to buy the level, right? I get the feeling that's the case for most people here. Selling max level IS NOT the way for them to do it.

i dont care about max level ín anyway, but since nobody wants weapon swap / cosmetic unlocks in general to be buyable because apparently thats "gambling" and "unfair to those who earned it" people now want max level to be buyable. the devs had the community on a literal 50/50 split on the update for a very long while, when most are like 95% agreeing and 5% disagreeing we literally see RIGHT NOW 52.6% voted against that decision. youd think the devs would come up with a way to please both sides such as make it buyable. its cosmetic, its a fundamental thing any slasher ever should have hell id even have enjoyed it just being an expensive CP buyable for example unlock weapon swap for this jason for 10k cp. youd have something to play for other than xp. so many people voiced better alternatives and gun ignores them all. id understand if it was their franchise (well no. its still a slasher. but id be content with it), but doing this to the F13 franchise and diehard F13 fans all while lying blatantly about shit regarding it like "carefully considering it" for 3 months straight is the equivalent of spitting into our faces and saying fuck yall

• Confused 1

Yes allow it. I don't care if you buy for max level. I level without paying, and it doesn't bother me. It's not disrespectful to the players who earn their levels lol. Even mmo's do it I've heard of friends buying max level for their friends. If you feel disrespected you are being petty to those who work, and can't put in hours such as you. Also there are people who are lazy to level too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I should of been more clear.  It wasn't really the level I was worried about, but more so the rewards associated with the levels, such as Jason weapon swapping.

Level might not always amount to skill, sometimes it can be associated with patience.  Though, I would say level 150's that suck are more rare than those who actually got a good grasp on the game.

After work last night, I played for 7 hours with a buddy.  Only managed 2 levels, from 61-63.  As a counselor I am pretty decent, escaped half the time.  Did the usual stuff, repair car parts, barricade door, pick up weapon, pick up car part, set a trap, heal, hit Jason, sometimes even knock his mask off.  Averaged around 1,000 EXP a match, give or take some depending on how good the round was.

As Jason, I played him twice in 7 hours (forgot I had to reset my preference after the patch).  Averaged 1,500 EXP as Jason.  One game I got 5 people, 1 game I got 8.

Now that I think about it, perhaps Gun Media should re-balance the EXP charts for this game.  It seems like most of their beta testing and balancing was done after the release of the game anyhow.  So it might make sense for them to re-balance the game a bit.  For example, when an MMO or a tabletop game get built, they go through a long process of test play and balance.  This game, I feel didn't really get that much test play, and the balance seems to come as it goes.

Seriously though, leveling up during normal EXP times is crazy, even if you do super good as a counselor, repair everything on the map, and come back as Tommy escorting 4+ people out of the stage.

On 5/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, TreeP said:

Also - level implies experience. It's like having a level 5 with Savini Jason. Has an overpowered Jason but can't play.

You never know, It could be a Steam player, or Xbox. Don’t underestimate low levels. That’s just how I see it.