entrafis666

Friday the 13th: Hike To Higgins Haven - Fan Film

Now she gives a whole new meaning to the term "trail snacks"! ;) Seriously though, good acting and absolutely gorgeous cinematography! Very well done piece of filmmaking here, GREAT JOB!

Just one thing ive been wondering about this film is how do u get away with using F13 sounds and music is there no copyright issue when u make something on a not for profit budget?

Just one thing ive been wondering about this film is how do u get away with using F13 sounds and music is there no copyright issue when u make something on a not for profit budget?

Like any fan film using the likeness, character, music, etc, there would certainly be issue.  There is really no getting away with it.

Our reference to it being non-profit was simply to convey our intent with the project.  The short is the just the product of some fans getting together one day at the end of the summer, having some fun playing in the sandbox belonging to others.  The property holders could easily remove it or monetize the video with ads if the desired.  We would have to abide their wishes.  Anything we did within that short-film is ultimately jumping from the springboard of the original source materials.

This short film exists as long as the property holders permit it.

• Like 1

The only thing I found kinda silly was the part where the girl was on the ground and Jason was on top of her and she hits him in the face with her fist and that was somehow enough to knock him off. I don't buy it. Otherwise though, it was good. 

The only thing I found kinda silly was the part where the girl was on the ground and Jason was on top of her and she hits him in the face with her fist and that was somehow enough to knock him off. I don't buy it. Otherwise though, it was good. 

Lol.  Yeah. We wanted to keep the film moving forward, and that struggle could have been the end of it certainly.  

Our intent was to depict a more human Jason from part 2-4 rather than the superhuman type known in the later films. Though, we love Kane too, and you might notice some nods there too.

C.

Yes i also thought that was a bit weird seemed jason was weak as on that scene