Dolemite

Every Bot has Multiple Pocket Knives and Firecrackers ARRRGGHH

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Good coding takes time, I agree with you on that. I for one can wait it out.

Some of these people don't realize how much work goes into coding. They don't realize that AI almost grows like a child. AI is only as smart as the time you spend programming it. 

17 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You put the bots on HARD. That's like ordering water at a restaurant and then complaining it's wet. There are only so many things you can do to improve difficulty with an AI program that is less then a year old.

Holy shit. You clearly are NOT reading. NOBODY PUT IT ON HARD. THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Get it yet????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Some of these people don't realize how much work goes into coding. They don't realize that AI almost grows like a child. AI is only as smart as the time you spend programming it. 

If people took the time to look at really good raw game code, they would be overwhelmed by what it takes to make a bot function. I've looked at samples of some code from a number of games, and good coding is not something you can throw together in a couple of hours. You have to write code for every little thing you want the bots to do.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Holy shit. You clearly are NOT reading. NOBODY PUT IT ON HARD. THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Get it yet????

If you can't stand getting hit with a pocket knife or firecrackers why are you playing this game?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Most of us appreciate the improvements to the a.i.

Our problem is the overuse of items that they are spewing with.

It's one thing to write us off as 'bitching' but it's another to clearly not even read what is being said.

If you can't stang getting hit with a pocket knife or firecrackers why are you playing this game?

If you can't stand people complaining why are you even on this board? 

(See how that works)

• Thanks 1

Just now, JasonVsWindows said:

Most of us appreciate the improvements to the a.i.

Our problem is the overuse of items that they are spewing with.

It's one thing to write us off as 'bitching' but it's another to clearly not even read what is being said.

If you can't stand people complaining why are you even on this board? 

(See how that works)

It's clearly complaining about nothing. It really is. People wanted the bots to get tougher. It takes time to make them smarter. They could spawn in with three pocket knives a piece and you would still waste them all. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It has something to do with it, lower difficulties have less pocket knives, Harder difficulties have more.  

Ive played on easy and had 2 counselors with pocket knives, and played on hard when they all had them. Play easy difficulty if you don’t like it. 

The balance is there with the difficulties, I don’t think you have played them enough to see it.

19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

If people took the time to look at really good raw game code, they would be overwhelmed by what it takes to make a bot function. I've looked at samples of some code from a number of games, and good coding is not something you can throw together in a couple of hours. You have to write code for every little thing you want the bots to do.

The bots in the Timesplitters trilogy had amazing A.I., and that was way back in the ps2 era.

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's clearly complaining about nothing. It really is. People wanted the bots to get tougher. It takes time to make them smarter. They could spawn in with three pocket knives a piece and you would still waste them all. 

No it's nothing to YOU.

You seem to be intentionally misunderstanding our issue.

This is not about the a.i.'s intelligence. This is not about the difficulty to kill them. This is about how obnoxious it is to have the game stop 7 or 8 times a round.

Literally no one asked for them to have more pocket knives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 2:53 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

I don’t know what yal are bitching about. I just played 3 offline bots matches on hard and the cops weren’t “called immediately” or at all. And no cars were repaired. Tommy was only called one match as well. This game seems to really facilitate disparate experiences. 

Agreed wtf? The bots have pocket knives my world grinds to a halt every time one touches Jason's neck omg!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Agreed wtf? The bots have pocket knives my world grinds to a halt every time one touches Jason's neck omg!

Well at least your mocking my actual problem.

Progress ^_^

1 minute ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Well at least your mocking my actual problem.

Progress ^_^

So what do you actually want. Put the game on easy and your issues are solved. These bots are no smarter on normal then they are on easy. The only thing that increases pocket knives is difficulty. If you can't stand getting knifed that's a personal problem. Unless you think the bots are trolling you.

• Confused 1

I do think they are more agressive , smarter and equipped but they still isn't hard enough at least for me. They don't know how to break Jason block , they still turn back a lot, jump through broken windows unnecessary and when Jason is blocking them by going on doors to block the exit. Well, they don't care they will run on you.

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

So what do you actually want. Put the game on easy and your issues are solved. These bots are no smarter on normal then they are on easy. The only thing that increases pocket knives is difficulty. If you can't stand getting knifed that's a personal problem. Unless you think the bots are trolling you.

Like I said, It should be balanced better. 7 or 8 pocket knives on Normal is just inappropriate. And it's clearly not just a personal problem if other people are making threads about it.

(Getting necked stabed to much has never been popular here.)

Your are right that playing easy mode is the current solution. But There is no reason to make the regular difficulty this crappy to play.

1 minute ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

I do think they are more agressive , smarter and equipped but they still isn't hard enough at least for me. They don't know how to break Jason block , they still turn back a lot, jump through broken windows unnecessary and when Jason is blocking them by going on doors to block the exit. Well, they don't care they will run on you.

Yes they need to improve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Like I said, It should be balanced better. 7 or 8 pocket knives on Normal is just inappropriate. And it's clearly not just a personal problem if other people are making threads about it.

(Getting necked stabed to much has never been popular here.)

Your are right that playing easy mode is the current solution. But There is no reason to make the regular difficulty this crappy to play.

I’ve played nothing but bots and SP challenges since the patch dropped, (I’m not touching online because what others have told me it’s a hot mess) I have never played a match on normal that counselors have 7-8 pocket knives, that sounds like hard difficulty to me. I am on Xbox one and I don’t think there’s a difference among platforms.

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Your opinion isn't a fact either.

No shit. Opinions aren't facts. Durr.

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

And if people really can't handle getting pocket knifed by a bot knowing that they are going to win anyway maybe this isn't the game for them. 

Again, your opinion. And while opinions aren't facts, they can nonetheless be wrong, which yours are.

Seriously, you're spending a lot of time and effort bitching about people who are bitching about "nothing." BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE, GRASSHOPPER

• Like 1

I don’t mind fire crackers / knives, it’s just delaying the inevitable so long as it’s not near an escape method.

55 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

No shit. Opinions aren't facts. Durr.

Again, your opinion. And while opinions aren't facts, they can nonetheless be wrong, which yours are.

Seriously, you're spending a lot of time and effort bitching about people who are bitching about "nothing." BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE, GRASSHOPPER

It's only your opinion that my opinion is wrong. And your opinion isn't a fact. I like the bots the way they are. They need to get smarter but that will come in time. 

I like the challenge! I get them and kill them anyway they choose to combat me.I have no problem with it. Just an opinion .

Oh well here is my opinion on this one thing i think the offline bots are still way tooooooooo eassssssssssssy i want more of a challenge heck for all i care give them tanks as a Jason player who I guess is an advanced Jason player due to my many many hrs of practice i find the offline bots just way to easy still. I do admit that they have gotten more challenging and better and getting away from Jason yet i still on every level kill all bots before my Jason level is on half white every time haven't gotten to rage once unless i dick off. The easy fix to those who want matches that are less challenging make normal and easy softer for them but man keep hard hard if not harder or add crazy hard for those who are more advanced Jason players we want the hardest challenges you can think of implemented not any less. 

3 minutes ago, pilospc said:

Oh well here is my opinion on this one thing i think the offline bots are still way tooooooooo eassssssssssssy i want more of a challenge heck for all i care give them tanks as a Jason player who I guess is an advanced Jason player due to my many many hrs of practice i find the offline bots just way to easy still. I do admit that they have gotten more challenging and better and getting away from Jason yet i still on every level kill all bots before my Jason level is on half white every time haven't gotten to rage once unless i dick off. The easy fix to those who want matches that are less challenging make normal and easy softer for them but man keep hard hard if not harder or add crazy hard for those who are more advanced Jason players we want the hardest challenges you can think of implemented not any less. 

I agree 100%

6 hours ago, Mawlock said:

The bots in the Timesplitters trilogy had amazing A.I., and that was way back in the ps2 era.

Yeah, I remember that game. You are right about the A.I.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRaven said:

I’ve played nothing but bots and SP challenges since the patch dropped, (I’m not touching online because what others have told me it’s a hot mess) I have never played a match on normal that counselors have 7-8 pocket knives, that sounds like hard difficulty to me. I am on Xbox one and I don’t think there’s a difference among platforms.

Never played a round on hard. But I can assure I did get those numbers on normal, I was making a tally as I played those rounds.

11 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's only your opinion that my opinion is wrong. And your opinion isn't a fact. I like the bots the way they are. They need to get smarter but that will come in time. 

No, I did a scientific study. Lead professionals in the field have determined that your opinion is wrong.

Besides, you're the one bitching about nothing. Aside from the abundance of knives - which only really needs to be reduced by a few, not many - I've said repeatedly in this thread that I otherwise like the bots as they are now, that I'm impressed by the improvements introduced in this most recent update, and would appreciate it if they became even smarter/harder in the future. If anything, this thread as been far more complimentary and constructive in it's criticism of an aspect of the update compared to all of the "OMG THE GAME IS RUINED" threads choking the board as of late. But no, to you it's all bitching.

I mean really, did you even read this thread, or did you just read the title and just immediately pop in to needlessly complain? If so, you're seriously part of the problem with this board.

• Like 1