Dolemite

Every Bot has Multiple Pocket Knives and Firecrackers ARRRGGHH

You just have to quickly collect the knives in the cabin and then immediately morph over to the fuse box and trap it. And possibly use multiple traps - you appear to be able to place them closer together now - because the bots WILL step on them. But once the box is trapped and you make a point of slashing counselors to limping status before grabbing them it's not hard to go 8/8 every time, although it does take more effort than before, which is nice.

I still eat at least 7-8 pocket knives per match, however, which is annoying as shit.

Again, I hope the next update makes bots even smarter/harder but removes some of the knives. I think they're evolving the AI well so far.

After my 7th or 8th round of playing offline bots, I finally discovered what you guys were talking about, out of 8 player bots, I encountered 7 pocket knives (including tommy's). That matches the same number as Higgins haven small during the pocket knife explosion of Dec 17-jan 18

On 5/27/2018 at 8:52 PM, AdmiralJT said:

The only way to make AI harder without spending millions on developing it

they dont need to spend any money on developing it, they just gotta put up a lot of questions and give them a lot of answers. the ai just has to think. thats what gun media isnt doing, theyre taking the short path. im pretty sure the forest has had waaaaaaaaaaaaay less put into its development and they have some of the best ai of any game ever. especially for a game like this its so simple. just watch videos on how people play the game, play it yourself, take notes. designate point of interest zones that pull most players towards them, like the lodges, cars, and spawn locations (each map has 4 afaik, so make those 4 points of interest). then tell the bot to search those when looking for a specific item. go to boathouse if looking for gas / propellor, if not found, go to poi 2. vanessa is the fastest best running character, make her a part fetcher that runs over to those points of interest and attempts basic juking maneuvers. make her distract jason. give the bots the personality that the devs talked about (buggzy more likely to go out and fight, they talked about this but i havent seen it ever happen and im sure they just lied about it as always) surely most of what i said isnt THAT easy to pull off, but you can pull it off if you got the time and the devs got plenty of that judging by how lacking the recent patches were. they just dont care. people dont realize this after all the shit they pulled off already, they literally dont care about giving us a good singleplayer experience. they talked several times about how cool the bots are gonna be, how they worked a year on em. then theyre released the most dumbest, buggiest mess ever seen in any game ever and many fans even pointed out how similar the ai behaved to a low cost (60 dollars i think it was?) ai starter pack asset on the unreal asset store. then they spend months on overhauling the ai. end product is the same shit, but this time they dont get stuck looping on window jumps and searching drawers, and are just given every item there is at the very start. they barely changed shit, they just gave em all the items.

The bots don't troll Jason or act like douchebags, the amount of knives don't bother me. They aren't so smart that it guarantees they will escape just because they have this and that. I have seen them fix the car, get inside, only to just sit there and basically wait for me to smash the hood and disable the vehicle. Usually, they use one knife and run back into you again just for you to grab them and finish them the second time. The best thing about offline bots is getting used to the new grab, which I still think looks and feels cool when you pull it off. They're more of a pain in the ass to kill, and maybe a little smarter, but not so smart that it isn't an easy 7/7 or 8/8 every single time you play. 

1 hour ago, Nickypoolicious said:

The bots don't troll Jason or act like douchebags, the amount of knives don't bother me. They aren't so smart that it guarantees they will escape just because they have this and that. I have seen them fix the car, get inside, only to just sit there and basically wait for me to smash the hood and disable the vehicle. Usually, they use one knife and run back into you again just for you to grab them and finish them the second time. The best thing about offline bots is getting used to the new grab, which I still think looks and feels cool when you pull it off. They're more of a pain in the ass to kill, and maybe a little smarter, but not so smart that it isn't an easy 7/7 or 8/8 every single time you play. 

Exactly people are bitching about nothing when it comes to this. 

• Confused 1

The devs said they would be giving the counselors perks to use.

A majority of them probably have the 'start with fireworks' perk.

2 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Well , Tommy is sometimes like an AFK-er and they wait at the Cops to smack me.....so , there´s that.

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Your opinion, not a fact. And there's a lot of people that agree with me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah. Nothing. If you don’t mind getting a fucking knife in the neck every time you grab a counselor. Ruining the gameplay. You know, like the EXACT problem they had with multiplayer. The EXACT problem they patched a couple of months ago. Meaning that it truly is a problem. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yeah. Nothing. If you don’t mind getting a fucking knife in the neck every time you grab a counselor. Ruining the gameplay. You know, like the EXACT problem they had with multiplayer. The EXACT problem they patched a couple of months ago. Meaning that it truly is a problem. 

I don't give a shit it's the fucking computer for Christ's sake. Put the shit on easy if your that butthurt about it. Complaining that hard bots are hard to kill is redundant.

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Your opinion, not a fact. And there's a lot of people that agree with me.

Your opinion isn't a fact either. And if people really can't handle getting pocket knifed by a bot knowing that they are going to win anyway maybe this isn't the game for them. 

45 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Your opinion isn't a fact either. And if people really can't handle getting pocket knifed by a bot knowing that they are going to win anyway maybe this isn't the game for them. 

Or maybe the bots should just be properly balanced. 8 pocket knives (not counting Tommy) on normal difficulty constantly stopping the gameplay is just not fun.

Yeah easy seems to cut that down, but it still shouldn't be like this at all.

I don't know why your so aggressively against such a small adjustment to a mode you clearly don't care for.

13 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Or maybe the bots should just be properly balanced. 8 pocket knives (not counting Tommy) on normal difficulty constantly stopping the gameplay is just not fun.

Yeah easy seems to cut that down, but it still shouldn't be like this at all.

I don't know why your so aggressively against such a small adjustment to a mode you clearly don't care for.

I actually really like the offline component and I like the hard bots. 

5 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Before the update it would take me about 5 minutes to kill all the counselors on bots, now it takes somewhat longer but they are basically the same AI as before but a lot less hiding in closets or under beds. I have learned to slash them until they are injured and then grab them, if they break away from Jason’s grab they won’t get far. I don’t see the gameplay as being ruined, I see it as more of a challenge. Now if MP was like that I would definitely agree with your point, but offline bots are not smart enough to be any more than just a little annoying.

12 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If this overstock of items was exclusive to hard mode I don't think we would have a problem.

But this just feels inappropriate for normal. It's annoying, and not really challenging just slightly more time consuming.

This should be balanced better.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't give a shit it's the fucking computer for Christ's sake. Put the shit on easy if your that butthurt about it. Complaining that hard bots are hard to kill is redundant.

Nobody said it was harder. Have you read ANY of this??? Sure doesn’t seem like it. No One is talking about the difficulty level at all here. That’s not the problem. 

56 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

Before the update it would take me about 5 minutes to kill all the counselors on bots, now it takes somewhat longer but they are basically the same AI as before but a lot less hiding in closets or under beds. I have learned to slash them until they are injured and then grab them, if they break away from Jason’s grab they won’t get far. I don’t see the gameplay as being ruined, I see it as more of a challenge. Now if MP was like that I would definitely agree with your point, but offline bots are not smart enough to be any more than just a little annoying.

It ruins the flow and immersion of playing when Every counselor you grab knifes you in the neck and throws firecrackers. That’s the problem. Not that it’s “harder” or takes longer. That’s not the issue. At all. 

@Dolemite
   I use offline bots for target practice with throwing knives... quick throw and long distance archery throws. Also to use as many different environment kills as I can get. So far, I have not played one game in which all counselors had a pocket knife.... the most I have seen was six when Tommy was not called. They are not using them to troll Jason and I have not yet run into a bot that had two pocket knives. I found the pocket knives frustrating in multi player when counselors were using them to get in Jason's face... and they all had multiple pocket knives. In bots it is not a big problem... there is no bot I have been chasing for five minutes only to take a knife in the neck and start the chase over. I have also not had the cops called before I could trap the fuse box... but I have had almost every counselor show up to the fuse house within a few minutes of the start of the match... I had no reason to leave the fuse house while they were coming to me, but I was running out of environment kills in the area... smashed all the doors in the house before the first one showed up.

I have noticed they are using perks.... some with sense avoidance, but not smart enough to keep their distance or at least stay out of visual range... medic... I think I ran into one using what must have been a legendary thick skin... five or six throwing knives to a limping state....I think it was six... but someone mentioned in an earlier post here that they were given more hit points... that could be a thing, but most still take three knives to force into a limping state, so I am not sure about the extra hit points.
   I have also noticed most of the counselors break free of Jason's grip much quicker... except Chad, I can still carry him for quite a while. Perhaps some are using the escape artist perk as well.
   I am impressed so far with the improvements to the bots... and the pocket knives on them really do not cause nearly the same amount of frustration as when there were so many of them in multi player.... but it does bring back those frustrating memories of the seemingly endless pocket knives.... Just have a bit of patience, the knives are not that bad when the bots do not know how to troll Jason. That firecracker perk is a bitch though.... I have been hit with a lot of firecrackers while hunting bots.

I do slash them (or knife them) to a limping state anyway to make them easier to herd them towards environment kills... I think it takes more patience to herd a limping counselor up to a good environment kill, but those are worth the wait.
   We did ask them to make the bots more difficult, and this is only the first adjustment they have made... we can hope their will be further adjustments in the future. I hope to see them actually able to escape at some point, or perhaps even pull off a Jason kill on hard difficulty.... you never know. But I will agree that they do not need any more pocket knives than they already have... it would be nice if some of them actually used them to disarm traps.... I have not seen that happen since the update either.

38 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It ruins the flow and immersion of playing when Every counselor you grab knifes you in the neck and throws firecrackers. That’s the problem. Not that it’s “harder” or takes longer. That’s not the issue. At all. 

So what is the issue? Because It looks like complaining to complain to me.

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

So what is the issue? Because It looks like complaining to complain to me.

You have been told the issue. It constantly brings the games flow to a stop, which is annoying and not fun.

There is no reason for them to be this over stocked.

1 minute ago, JasonVsWindows said:

You have been told the issue. It constantly brings the games flow to a stop, which is annoying and not fun.

There is no reason for them to be this over stocked.

You put the bots on HARD. That's like ordering water at a restaurant and then complaining it's wet. There are only so many things you can do to improve difficulty with an AI program that is less then a year old.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, jahzaveamanaie said:

they dont need to spend any money on developing it, they just gotta put up a lot of questions and give them a lot of answers. the ai just has to think. thats what gun media isnt doing, theyre taking the short path. im pretty sure the forest has had waaaaaaaaaaaaay less put into its development and they have some of the best ai of any game ever. especially for a game like this its so simple. just watch videos on how people play the game, play it yourself, take notes. designate point of interest zones that pull most players towards them, like the lodges, cars, and spawn locations (each map has 4 afaik, so make those 4 points of interest). then tell the bot to search those when looking for a specific item. go to boathouse if looking for gas / propellor, if not found, go to poi 2. vanessa is the fastest best running character, make her a part fetcher that runs over to those points of interest and attempts basic juking maneuvers. make her distract jason. give the bots the personality that the devs talked about (buggzy more likely to go out and fight, they talked about this but i havent seen it ever happen and im sure they just lied about it as always) surely most of what i said isnt THAT easy to pull off, but you can pull it off if you got the time and the devs got plenty of that judging by how lacking the recent patches were. they just dont care. people dont realize this after all the shit they pulled off already, they literally dont care about giving us a good singleplayer experience. they talked several times about how cool the bots are gonna be, how they worked a year on em. then theyre released the most dumbest, buggiest mess ever seen in any game ever and many fans even pointed out how similar the ai behaved to a low cost (60 dollars i think it was?) ai starter pack asset on the unreal asset store. then they spend months on overhauling the ai. end product is the same shit, but this time they dont get stuck looping on window jumps and searching drawers, and are just given every item there is at the very start. they barely changed shit, they just gave em all the items.

I would love to see the coding logic of the AI bots.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I like the harder bots as well. I look forward to the day when the AI can be coded to be as intense as some human players in the game. It would also be nice to see the option for the bots to attempt a Jason kill or a boat escape somewhere down the road.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You put the bots on HARD. That's like ordering water at a restaurant and then complaining it's wet. There are only so many things you can do to improve difficulty with an AI program that is less then a year old.

Dude, How many times do I have to tell you I'm not playing on hard. I'm playing on NORMAL

Just now, Fair Play said:

I would love to see the coding logic of the AI bots.

I like the harder bots as well. I look forward to the day when the AI can be coded to be as intense as some human players in the game. It would also be nice to see the option for the bots to attempt a Jason kill or a boat escape somewhere down the road.

Me too. And it can be done it just takes time.

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Me too. And it can be done it just takes time.

Good coding takes time, I agree with you on that. I for one can wait it out.