Elii

why am i in the salt mines when i was dashborded???

On 5/28/2018 at 3:30 AM, SteveChristy said:

About connectivity issues; I remember reading, several times, that the system was going to be able to differentiate connection timeouts/dashboarding/bluescreening from actual quitters. I take it that isn't actually the case?

I have no actual proof but I believe they can differentiate between the two. I've had connection problems/"dashboarded" multiple times in a session and haven't ended up in the mines.

It's like @Vaderspupil said, people worry a little to much about ending up there.

They're hard to get into and easy to get out of. 

Unless you're a turd player then you belong there. 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:13 AM, sfosterjr said:

so these people who are sayin they got put there after one time might be the ones that the salt mines were intended for and are now complaining after the one time they didnt rage quit on purpose cost them a trip to the mines

Agreed. 

This happens around here all the time. The people complaining about ending up in the salt mines probably deserve to be there. Just like the folks who used to come around and cry about getting banned. More often than not, after a little more information, they deserved the ban. 

Because they didnt think about this enough before creating it. Even though we all posited this would be a foreseen issue.

Now here we are. Still not completing matches because of hosts quitting, connection errors, dashboard errors and such. Glad we can be punished because their P2P plan and servers are lacking.

• Like 1