Elii

why am i in the salt mines when i was dashborded???

i was playing a match as the host when i was dashborded & when i tried to join another game it said i was “low in priority matchmaking” this isn’t in anyway fair because i never left the game on purpose. 

12 minutes ago, Elii said:

i was playing a match as the host when i was dashborded & when i tried to join another game it said i was “low in priority matchmaking” this isn’t in anyway fair because i never left the game on purpose. 

The tracking system for the salt mines isn't smart enough to differentiate between a crash and a quit. It sees anytime you leave a match in progress as a quit and issues salt for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This happened to me last night. I was hosting and the game crashed. I had not broken any other rules.

It is bad enough that we are still dealing with a ton of glitches after this update, but now that I’m personally being penalized for the developers shitty programming I’m pretty sure I’m gonna shelve this game again until dedicated servers come out.

Y’know... if that ever actually happens.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Elii said:

1 minute ago, andtodayidied said:

This happened to me last night. I was hosting and the game crashed. I had not broken any other rules.

It is bad enough that we are still dealing with a ton of glitches after this update, but now that I’m personally being penalized for the developers shitty programming I’m pretty sure I’m gonna shelve this game again until dedicated servers come out.

Y’know... if that ever actually happens.

To expand on what JT said above, if you guys know you have connection issues, don't host. If you get picked as host, back out and get into somebody else's lobby. Because as host when you lose connection you screw over everybody else in that lobby. It's the fastest way to end up in the salt mines. 

3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

To expand on what JT said above, if you guys know you have connection issues, don't host. If you get picked as host, back out and get into somebody else's lobby. Because as host when you lose connection you screw over everybody else in that lobby. It's the fastest way to end up in the salt mines. 

Connection issues have nothing to do with dashboarding. That’s completely separate and random. The game is crashing. Not losing connection. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Connection issues have nothing to do with dashboarding. That’s completely separate and random. The game is crashing. Not losing connection. 

Either way, if you leave a game in progress, you're getting salt. If you know that you dashboard, or lose connection, or may have to bail out midgame, don't host. 

10 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I can’t even argue with this. The reality is that I should have known that the game would still be glitchy AF and that this would probably happen since there has literally NEVER been a stable build of the game.

For the record, I have really fast and stable internet and my PS4 never crashes on any other game I play. That’s offline or online.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the Salt Mines end up the same way we seen action against Teaming.

To begin with, teaming with Jason was against the rules and Gun Media threatened banishment. It didn't take long before teaming started becoming a big problem and Gun Media started banning accounts. The Teamers would come into the forum (or email GM) to voice complaints. They done what whiney bitches do and complained that they were suffering the very fate that Gun Media had told us all that we would face for breaking the rules. Months later, after the number of players had dropped (due to cheaters being banned and ones who left due to the horrid glitches) Gun Media decided to (without public announcement) CHANGE THE RULES. Now teaming was no longer cheating and the Teamers were welcomed to return and fuck shit up again............and they did. Gun Media seen their player numbers go back up. They were happy and they were happy to screw all the players who don't cheat, don't team and don't exploit the glitches that continued to plague the game (due to their lack of fixes).

I'm thinking that the Salt Mines are a great concept and it COULD be beneficial to the game (a) if it works properly & (b) if Gun Media does not decide to cave to the whiney bitches again. I'm of the mindset that the things you witnessed in the past are probably what you'll see in their future. If you don't believe that, just look at the latest update for evidence.

I think that the Salt Mines probably aren't working as Gun Media said they would. I think that its gonna end up being such a clusterfuck that eventually Gun Media will again see the player base drop (again from the banned and from the ones who leave again due to glitches still not being fixed). This will make Gun Media rethink their position on the Salt Mines and more than likely do away with them and they will welcome back the Quitters (just as they did the Teamers).

#RealTalk #Teamers #Quitters #SaltMines

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Either way, if you leave a game in progress, you're getting salt. If you know that you dashboard, or lose connection, or may have to bail out midgame, don't host. 

Soooo..... then nobody on Xbox or PS4 should host? Because EVERYONE is subject to dashboard for no reason on Xbox and PS4. It’s the game. Not the connection. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

I can’t even argue with this. The reality is that I should have known that the game would still be glitchy AF and that this would probably happen since there has literally NEVER been a stable build of the game.

For the record, I have really fast and stable internet and my PS4 never crashes on any other game I play. That’s offline or online.

Indeed, man. If you look up "good sportsmanship club" you may be able to dig up some other PS4 players to get with in private matches. 

With this being a transitional phase, it might be the best bet. 

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

stuff

I've about given up on single player QP. Unless I'm rolling reasonably deep, so I can deal with teamers, it's not worth it. As far as games dropping, that will also see me giving up. I've said it in other threads, the one thing keeping me in this game is good private lobbies.

Edit:

@Charlie Chainsaw said "Soooo..... then nobody on Xbox or PS4 should host? Because EVERYONE is subject to dashboard for no reason on Xbox and PS4. It’s the game. Not the connection. "

~~

That is a risk each player has to take, Charlie. As I said to both guys above, private matches seem the best bet until Gun gets it's shit together.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Indeed, man. If you look up "good sportsmanship club" you may be able to dig up some other PS4 players to get with in private matches. 

I've about given up on single player QP. Unless I'm rolling reasonably deep, so I can deal with teamers, it's not worth it. As far as games dropping, that will also see me giving up. I've said it in other threads, the one thing keeping me in this game is good private lobbies.

Edit:

@Charlie Chainsaw said "Soooo..... then nobody on Xbox or PS4 should host? Because EVERYONE is subject to dashboard for no reason on Xbox and PS4. It’s the game. Not the connection. "

~~

That is a risk each player has to take, Charlie. As I said to both guys above, private matches seem the best bet until Gun gets it's shit together.

Are private matches not subject to salt mines? 

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I appreciate the suggestion, but I can’t say that the game is worth the effort.

Happy gaming homie.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Are private matches not subject to salt mines? 

To my knowledge, no.  Salt mines are for QP to deal with trolls. You find a lot less of that in private.

Edit: And the host has means to deal with trolls there, so self policing is a thing.

1 minute ago, andtodayidied said:

I appreciate the suggestion, but I can’t say that the game is worth the effort.

Happy gaming homie.

Fair enough. I hope you enjoy whatever you move onto. 

Have a good one, guy. 

50 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the Salt Mines end up the same way we seen action against Teaming.

To begin with, teaming with Jason was against the rules and Gun Media threatened banishment. It didn't take long before teaming started becoming a big problem and Gun Media started banning accounts. The Teamers would come into the forum (or email GM) to voice complaints. They done what whiney bitches do and complained that they were suffering the very fate that Gun Media had told us all that we would face for breaking the rules. Months later, after the number of players had dropped (due to cheaters being banned and ones who left due to the horrid glitches) Gun Media decided to (without public announcement) CHANGE THE RULES. Now teaming was no longer cheating and the Teamers were welcomed to return and fuck shit up again............and they did. Gun Media seen their player numbers go back up. They were happy and they were happy to screw all the players who don't cheat, don't team and don't exploit the glitches that continued to plague the game (due to their lack of fixes).

I'm thinking that the Salt Mines are a great concept and it COULD be beneficial to the game (a) if it works properly & (b) if Gun Media does not decide to cave to the whiney bitches again. I'm of the mindset that the things you witnessed in the past are probably what you'll see in their future. If you don't believe that, just look at the latest update for evidence.

I think that the Salt Mines probably aren't working as Gun Media said they would. I think that its gonna end up being such a clusterfuck that eventually Gun Media will again see the player base drop (again from the banned and from the ones who leave again due to glitches still not being fixed). This will make Gun Media rethink their position on the Salt Mines and more than likely do away with them and they will welcome back the Quitters (just as they did the Teamers).

#RealTalk #Teamers #Quitters #SaltMines

Hit the nail on the head brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

The tracking system for the salt mines isn't smart enough to differentiate between a crash and a quit. It sees anytime you leave a match in progress as a quit and issues salt for it.

This is why I've been saying the idea of the salt mines is complete bullshit. If the game was 100% stable, glitch-free, and not prone to crashing regularly, I would say this was an adequate solution. But it's not, and people are going to be penalized for issues that are beyond their control.

@Dolemite Pretty much what I thought about them. I've been lucky and haven't blue screened (PS4 dashboarding) in some time. Unfortunately others aren't so lucky.

5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Dolemite Pretty much what I thought about them. I've been lucky and haven't blue screened (PS4 dashboarding) in some time. Unfortunately others aren't so lucky.

I'm on PC and the game is crashing for me more often now after the most recent update than it was before. It actually kind of has me nervous about playing multiplayer if I'm going to be screwed for reasons that are not my fault. Again, the salt mines are bullshit and should be removed until these guys get their game to be stable.

I don't know on why the game crashing is still an issue with this game. I had high hopes that this update would of finally eliminated this issue from the game but unfortunately I was wrong. This issue should have been fixed months ago and it is still a problem after one year of the game's release which is ridiculous. If this issue can't ever be fixed, then I'm going to start losing faith in the developers. 

2 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I don't know on why the game crashing is still an issue with this game. I had high hopes that this update would of finally eliminated this issue from the game but unfortunately I was wrong. This issue should have been fixed months ago and it is still is a problem after one year of the game's release which is ridiculous. If this issue can't ever be fixed, then I'm going to start losing faith in the developers. 

You ain't lost faith already? DAMN!!! ?

Does Xbox version of the game still crash here and there sometimes? If it does it's really not fair they added this feature to Xbox, shame on the devs. 

How is it like in the salt mines? Is it any different? Does it tell you "You're in the salt mines"? Do the UI and menu change a bit?

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You ain't lost faith already? DAMN!!! ?

Not yet but I'm really close. If these developers can't start getting their game to work properly then this game will not live for very much longer. 

5 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Not yet but I'm really close. If these developers can't start getting their game to work properly then this game will not live for very much longer. 

It’s been over a year and they’ve had an engine upgrade. Unless they hire an entirely new staff I don’t see this game ever working without bugs.

8 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Everyone keeps saying that but nobody is actually leaving (the game or the forum) and GM knows it. That's why they ain't in a hurry to fix stuff and why they barely communicate to their audience. Unless they are hyping us up for new shit, they stay silent.