The offline bots now seem to each have a knife equipped and soon after jason grabs, gets stabbed, they most of the time drop firecrackers. I haven’t noticed that much difference in their A.I. . One time a counselor rescued another in my grasp. Most generally they get caught on things in the environment and run in place and sometimes into water . Love this game , just like to see more challenge and less knives. I will note that the counselors do use weapons more effectively which is nice. I play all modes and enjoy them all. 

9 hours ago, Razorback34 said:

The offline bots now seem to each have a knife equipped and soon after jason grabs, gets stabbed, they most of the time drop firecrackers. I haven’t noticed that much difference in their A.I. . One time a counselor rescued another in my grasp. Most generally they get caught on things in the environment and run in place and sometimes into water . Love this game , just like to see more challenge and less knives. I will note that the counselors do use weapons more effectively which is nice. I play all modes and enjoy them all. 

The number of knives are the same, you aren’t getting hit with any more than you normally would,  however it appears that the AI counselors are spawning in with them. 

They occasionally still do some stupid things like getting stuck, swimming in water, standing still and climbing back into the same cabin.

They really need to work on the cars though and have the boat option. Jarvis and Pinehurst are really boring with only the single car.

And if they can get up to it, I like for them to try and kill me and develop mob mentality. But that would probably be far fetch.

I have seen some bots continue to do some stupid things.  However, I have had them use a knife on trap at the phone and call the cops, I've had them fix and actually drive the car, and I have stepped into the traps they have placed at the cabin doors.  I also haven't had any of them kill themselves by climbing through broken windows, and I have also watched them step around some of my traps to avoid them.  I was chasing Adam yesterday who was carrying a battery.  When I got him to jump into a cabin, he actually put the battery down and picked up a baseball bat.  There are still improvements that could be (and should be made) to the bot AI, but, overall, it is A LOT better than it was.  I also love the fact that I can tell they are using some good perks.  At times, it is really difficult to find AJ because she is clearly using sense avoidance; and I have had several bugzy bots that took one hell of a lot of damage from knives and swipes and still not go into the limping animation, which probably means he is equipped with thick skinned perk.  Before, the bots were really way too easy and almost at the point of getting boring.  Now, at least they changed it up enough and made the at the minimum smart enough to make the matches fun and interesting.  I am only really disappointed that there is still no boat spawns on small maps (or any maps for that matter).  Hopefully this mode keeps getting better in the future.  

From what I have played so far, it seems most of the AI counselors spawn with pocket knives now.

5 hours ago, Diath said:

From what I have played so far, it seems most of the AI counselors spawn with pocket knives now.

Not most. 4.

It's better, but just more drawn out because of all the pocketknives. They will still jump out of windows right in front of you. They are better at driving, however there is some bug where they will start a car and just sit there. I assume they are waiting for others to get in, but you'd think if they saw Jason they would hit the gas. I think given a few more updates, they will eventually start escaping for once. :D

They are still dumb, they just spawn in with items. A lazy approach to making them more challenging.

28 minutes ago, Nougat said:

They are still dumb, they just spawn in with items. A lazy approach to making them more challenging.

I was gonna say that. There's no other way that someone can get inside a cabin, find the fuse, and put it in within the 3 seconds I was collecting my knives from the shack. That's a very poor design choice on their part if it's true.

I instantly morphed to packanack on the car side without grabbing any of the knives in the shack, I grab a bot and get a knife to the neck. Try it for yourself a few times. Off of that information, I came to the conclusion that some of the bots spawn in with items. I guess that creates a sense of pseudo difficulty since the bots are still rather dumb. They even go out of their way to make themselves limp now.

They could be using the perk that starts them with a pocketknife. All the stabbings really do is delay the inevitable.

2 hours ago, samination said:

They could be using the perk that starts them with a pocketknife. All the stabbings really do is delay the inevitable.

? There is no perk that does that. At least none human players have access to. 

5 hours ago, Nougat said:

That’s not entirely true, but it’s understandable to have that opinion. 

7 minutes ago, John Wick said:

? There is no perk that does that. At least none human players have access to. 

Hmm. You're right. I assumed there was as you can start with other items and I swore I saw it once. They shouldn't spawn with them if that is what's happening. That doesn't make the gamer harder, just longer.

4 hours ago, John Wick said:

That’s not entirely true, but it’s understandable to have that opinion. 

You're right in saying that. It isn't entirely true, so i respect your opinion as well. It is partially a lazy approach from their end, and I was being very critical. The bots do attack objects faster, but their whole climbing through windows fiasco is still very present.

21 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

The update did do some good tbh.

I agree. The bots are a bit smarter, and far from the final product.

18 hours ago, Nougat said:

You're right in saying that. It isn't entirely true, so i respect your opinion as well. It is partially a lazy approach from their end, and I was being very critical. The bots do attack objects faster, but their whole climbing through windows fiasco is still very present.

The bots, like other things in this game, are a work in progress. I look forward to things as they get better.

The bots seem to run full sprint more often now and are considerably better at juking. Usually when I go after one indoors, he/she will jump out the window and make a break for a nearby cabin.

They're still kinda dim, but they've definitely been attending a few night classes to bump up their IQ.

Not just the knives & sprays, but their evading, tackling the objectives and just plain not standing around like a statue when a team mate is getting grabbed is a definite boost from before.

Remember the days when Tommy would just keep opening and reopening a drawer over and over again?

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

They're still kinda dim, but they've definitely been attending a few night classes to bump up their IQ.

Not just the knives & sprays, but their evading, tackling the objectives and just plain not standing around like a statue when a team mate is getting grabbed is a definite boost from before.

Remember the days when Tommy would just keep opening and reopening a drawer over and over again?

Or just stand at the spawn Point?....Like he would be AFK (well , it seems like it returned)......funny , the bots actually seem to wait at the cops too.......just to smack me........The devs definitely made them realistic.

But I also agree , that they are smarter now.

8 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

They are better... but it's mostly an illusion. They are just more stabby and they don't hide directly in front of you. I have found many standing around doing nothing, swimming in circles, jumping in and out of windows for no reason, open and close a door, and the Tommy spawn AFK glitch is still alive and well (just rarer). They can driver better, but now they start the car and sometimes just sit there. Even when I'm walking up to them. It's still absolutely no challenge whatsoever even on Hard as I usually don't even try and am surprised when they are all dead so soon.

On 5/28/2018 at 7:01 AM, samination said:

Hmm. You're right. I assumed there was as you can start with other items and I swore I saw it once. They shouldn't spawn with them if that is what's happening. That doesn't make the gamer harder, just longer.

Yea I agree. If this is a bug, thats understandable, but allowing the Bots to spawn with objective items or a pocket knife in order to artificially increase the difficulty is a bit lame.

On 5/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, Nougat said:

My point was that there is some intelligence to these bots. I mean when you take it in context and understand how incredibly difficult it is to simulate human behavior, particularly in a game like this where there are a ton of options for any one scenario. 

And im by no means saying there aren't issues with the A.I script, there absolutely are, but the fact we have what we have is still remarkable coming from a dev studio as small as Illfonic.