Sign in to follow this  
DorianRo

I can't see a damn thing!!!

What the hell did they do?   Its so dark you're running into shit you can't even see  right in front of you. 

Well great job for finally putting the final nail in the coffin for me at least.  I held out hope that this would be the defining patch that fixed everything but now they made  it darker than sin.   It was fun while it lasted I guess.  They should have just stuck with the game how it was 2 patches ago.  Nothing like playing a game where you can hardly SEE. 

9 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Has anyone complaining of darkness even been in the woods at night IRL?

Yes, and with my superior genetics, I can see just fine, even on an overcast night.

27 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

What the hell did they do?   Its so dark you're running into shit you can't even see  right in front of you. 

Well great job for finally putting the final nail in the coffin for me at least.  I held out hope that this would be the defining patch that fixed everything but now they made  it darker than sin.   It was fun while it lasted I guess.  They should have just stuck with the game how it was 2 patches ago.  Nothing like playing a game where you can hardly SEE. 

Adjust your gamma level.  It takes 15 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Well great job for finally putting the final nail in the coffin for me at least.    It was fun while it lasted I guess. 

Gamma set to 2.3.

Dark enough to be scary. Bright enough to just barely make out shapes in the dark. Not bright enough to wash everything out either. Personally I thought the original game wasn't dark enough. The flashlight's only use was keeping fear in check, but now I find myself using it just to have to see in the woods, which is a welcome addition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Yet when I play in both Private and QP, I've had no problem at all. I actually like how they made it darker tbh, adds more of a 'Fear' aspect imho.

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

but now they made  it darker than sin.

So "sin" is inherently dark?
Racist

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Adjust your gamma level.  It takes 15 seconds

Gamma won't fix what he's talking about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Maggot Head said:

Gamma set to 2.3.

Dark enough to be scary. Bright enough to just barely make out shapes in the dark. Not bright enough to wash everything out either. Personally I thought the original game wasn't dark enough. The flashlight's only use was keeping fear in check, but now I find myself using it just to have to see in the woods, which is a welcome addition.

I didn’t have too much of an issue with the darkness but I just tried this and I think it’s perfect. So thanks for the tip. I HIGHLY recommend everyone else do the same. Still has that creepy dim look, but it’s easier to make out objects, particularly indoors while playing as Jason. 

It’s a bit dark, but I like it. What I don’t like is how everyone is allowed to turn the gamma way up to where they can see everything when Jason. The gamma should be able to be adjusted, not exploited. I was hiding in one of the sneaky solid spots with no way Jason could make me out and of course he b-lined to me. I was thinking maybe that spot was played out but the player straight up told me when he is Jason he turns the gamma all the way up and that’s how he saw me. Gee. 

2 hours ago, John Wick said:

Use your flashlight. Stop whining. Problem solved.

I thought this at first too but honestly half of the kill animations are basically unseeable in certain places, among other things. For example, I just got killed using the animation where he forces my face onto the axe in the ground and it was pitch black. I could only see the silhouette of my counselor.

Seems silly that they'd put so much time into making these animations for them to be unseeable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wick said:

Use your flashlight. Stop whining. Problem solved.

Yeah make it easier for Jason to see you.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I thought this at first too but honestly half of the kill animations are basically unseeable in certain places, among other things. I just got killed using the animation where he forces my face onto the axe in the ground and it was pitch black. I could only see the silhouette of my counselor.

Seems silly that they'd put so much time into making these animations for them to be unseeable.

I noticed that the lighting and colors look better in single player challenges than multiplayer. I can make everything out clearly in single player whereas some things in multiplayer are too hard to make out unless the gamma is at a decent level.

I will say that I appreciate the mood the new darkness level has given to the game. It's definitely creepier 

I found 2.3 gamma to be too bright, so I'm playing around with it now to find a happy medium. I just want to be able to see the kill animations and finer details that were getting lost in the darkness for me.

11 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I found 2.3 gamma to be too bright, so I'm playing around with it now to find a happy medium. I just want to be able to see the kill animations and finer details that were getting lost in the darkness for me.

You unfortunately might have to make adjustments on your monitor/TV also. The gamma alone is not working. It would be nice if we could use one of those 3rd party visual enhancers, but they're not allowed to run on this game. 

37 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You unfortunately might have to make adjustments on your monitor/TV also. The gamma alone is not working. It would be nice if we could use one of those 3rd party visual enhancers, but they're not allowed to run on this game. 

To be fair, a lot of factors are going to come into play here, every single display has different settings, capabilities, and ranges.

For me, on consoles, a slight gamma correction alleviated the issue.  I went from walking into pitch black cabins that were darker than vantablack as Jason to being able to see a more realistic representation without going full "Cheapie Maghee" and cheesing the game by dialing it up for an unfair advantage.

Seriously, though, it was darker than when I have my head up my ass.

• Like 1

This is the reason I rarely come on this board anymore. Just a bunch of babies crying over everything. The game is fine.  News flash, this isn't the airport, no need to announce your departure.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Yeah make it easier for Jason to see you.

jee almost like its a trade off designed to make the game more....scary!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Good maybe you won't make anymore threads.

There's not many topics to stir up new discussions. Aside from the update, what else hasn't already been talked about? I come back to see who is playing again and shocker, just more people being dramatic and threatening to quit the game forever instead of bringing something useful to the discussions going on around the forum. the game is fine, does it have its bugs, yes. But is it unplayable. No. I play it everyday and these glitches and bugs are rare for me even after the update. Maybe the complainers need better internet. Who knows. But I can get in 99% of good normal rounds going and the main problem I face is shitty people and the other 1% is glitches. 

2 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

There's not many topics to stir up new discussions. Aside from the update, what else hasn't already been talked about? I come back to see who is playing again and shocker, just more people being dramatic and threatening to quit the game forever instead of bringing something useful to the discussions going on around the forum. the game is fine, does it have its bugs, yes. But is it unplayable. No. I play it everyday and these glitches and bugs are rare for me even after the update. Maybe the complainers need better internet. Who knows. But I can get in 99% of good normal rounds going and the main problem I face is shitty people and the other 1% is glitches. 

Yeah I have pretty good internet too so I am not suffering as much. The OP loves to complain.

Before the update, I heard people complaining the game wasn't dark or realistic enough.  This new updated darkness is great and much more realistic.  Camping in the woods is incredibly dark and creepy, and this current update made things this much more realistic and creepier.   Yes, using the flashlight offers a chance that Jason may notice you easier, which makes for a more challenging and realistic experience.  I think that was the whole point and it was a much needed change in my opinion.  Before, I didn't really see a need for the flashlight's inclusion into the game at all; it wasn't needed.  Now, it feels more like what actually walking through the woods at night is supposed to feel like.  It also makes repairing generators to restore the power and lights more of a necessity and less of something people only do to call Jarvis or get some quick XP.  It just made the experience more realistic, which I appreciate.  I really hope they do not decide to change it back. 

people like you are the problem... there are real issues happening within the game and you bring up this nonsense...go into video settings and adjust the gamma