Sign in to follow this  
WarBear

Please explain the virtual cabin

I was a backer of the steel case on kickstarter.  I haven't really been keeping up to date with the progress/comments so I'm just learning about this virtual cabin.  Am I missing something or is this a $15 tech demo that we are being asked to buy?  Curious why this isn't free for early backers.  This seems like the technical alpha before they release the beta so why are they charging for this?  Wouldn't the bugreporting in it be valuable free QA testing for them?  Or what am I missing here?  Is it selling well?

I was a backer of the steel case on kickstarter.  I haven't really been keeping up to date with the progress/comments so I'm just learning about this virtual cabin.  Am I missing something or is this a $15 tech demo that we are being asked to buy?  Curious why this isn't free for early backers.  This seems like the technical alpha before they release the beta so why are they charging for this?  Wouldn't the bugreporting in it be valuable free QA testing for them?  Or what am I missing here?  Is it selling well?

It's not the game, it's not an alpha of the game and it isn't the beta, it's just a virtual museum of the developers' progress. 

When you buy it you get to see locations that will be in the game, items, counselor models and Jason models.

There are a ton of youtube videos if you want to see what it looks like. Like seriously a fuk ton of em.

• Like 1

It's essentially the museum for the game and it contains resources that are going to be in the game such as Jason models, counselor models, items, environmental sets and some hidden secrets around the cabin itself. I have it myself and I would say it's worth a buy if you want to see what's being put into the game as well as support the devs.

It's also updated - with one due out tomorrow it seems. It's worth it to experience the atmosphere of the game. It's what convinced me that this game is going to be incredible.

Awesome.  I just watched a couple of those vids on youtube.  So now I have no desire to purchase this.  Well played. lol

• Like 1

Awesome. I just watched a couple of those vids on youtube. So now I have no desire to purchase this. Well played. lol

And that's perfectly fine. It's simply an extra to help fund these guys nothing super special. I bought it because I'm a huge F13 fan and wanted to support the game. If I was stupid rich I'd have thrown full funding at them for every single stretch goal and would've bought at least one of everything. But alas, I am a broke ass. :)
  • Like 2

I've recently managed to get a better computer, so I may finally be able to chip in and get the Virtual Cabin myself (even if my completion number's gonna be very low!)

It's given people a sneak early peek at loads of assets while being a place the devs can create those assets, and the easter eggs/knot chart stuff was really fun to follow.