Sign in to follow this  
shearvi

WHAT does this icon mean???? FT13

theres another icon im getting that looks like an ethernet cord unplugging ? whats that mean

im trying to see if it has anything to do with my mic not working in game chat, like my mic icon lights up when im talking but everyone saying they dont hear me 

4 minutes ago, shearvi said:

theres another icon im getting that looks like an ethernet cord unplugging ? whats that mean

It's saving your data kid 

41P0JwP7c5L._SX425_.jpg They are using this as a icon, it means your game is saving

i got that part about the saving data what about the plug unplugging icon?

does it have anything to do with mic not working 

20 minutes ago, shearvi said:

https://ibb.co/bLLybT

what does that icon mean? it pops up everytime i start my game

13 minutes ago, shearvi said:

12 minutes ago, shearvi said:

im trying to see if it has anything to do with my mic not working in game chat, like my mic icon lights up when im talking but everyone saying they dont hear me 

4 minutes ago, shearvi said:

i got that part about the saving data what about the plug unplugging icon?

does it have anything to do with mic not working 

So which company do you work for.........Gun Media or IllFonic??

16 minutes ago, shearvi said:

mic issues also on xbox

16 minutes ago, shearvi said:

The ethernet icon means you have a bad network connection to the host.

Holy shit, Have we reached a point where people see a floppy fisk and have no idea what it means?

Oh fuck, I’m old.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Holy shit, Have we reached a point where people see a floppy fisk and have no idea what it means?

Oh fuck, I’m old.

cool-someone-3d-printed-the-save-icon-19

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, shearvi said:

https://ibb.co/bLLybT

what does that icon mean? it pops up everytime i start my game

Really? How old are you bro?

Its a floppy disk btw...

And it means the game is saving data...

24 minutes ago, shearvi said:

Oh c'mon! Everybody should know what that symbol means...

It means you have a bad connection to the host...

• Like 1

lmao i kinda thought that but idk im jus trying figure out this mic bs

Just now, Veronica said:

instead of turning it into a joke why doesn't the f13 community help lol

We did, we answered his questions, we also had a laugh at the same time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Oh fuck, I’m old.

I was thinking the same thing...

16 minutes ago, FridayFan13 said:

Oh fuck, I’m old.

Yeah, exact same thought...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I was thinking the same thing...

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah, exact same thought...

hopefully you'll still be around for lifes next update

42 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Nobody needs to know what a floppy disk is. I love how people are goofing on this kid because they can't believe they're getting old. 
That icon is stupid anyway. It should just say "Saving" or syncing, or whatever it does. 

Because they're retarded.

Keep reading the forums. You'll see.

They used a floppy because it's 80's era tech. Everything about this game including its save icon are tribute to that era. No matter how you cut it, those that don't get the reference will be amusing to those of us who remember those years. 😜

I hate that I'm going to be that guy, but the images offered by members above do not reflect the save icon the OP is referencing.

As seen in the image below, members are posting pictures of the disc on the right, which was not yet in use at the time of the game/films. 

1200px-Floppy_disk_2009_G1.jpg

The save icon in the game actually appears to reference the floppy disk on the left, an 8"  disc that was more common, but fading from use in favor of the 5 1/4"model (center), at the time of the films/game. Note the hole placement and lack of notches on the in-game icon. The rectangle at the top left of the in-game icon is indicative of where a label would be placed.

Long story short, @shearvi, it is a period-appropriate symbol of data storage, which would indicate that your game is loading or saving. I hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

They used a floppy because it's 80's era tech. Everything about this game including its save icon are tribute to that era. No matter how you cut it, those that don't get the reference will be amusing to those of us who remember those years. 😜

I see the floppy disk icon for a lot programs though. It's still the industry standard symbol for "save"

I hope they make the voice chat issues a priority. some of the other bugs seem minor in comparison