FOV Slider  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should they add a FOV slider?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Guess what guys? I might be wrong.

The exclusion of an FOV slider might not be an intended part of the game. And I have a theory on why we might not ever be able to have one.

I just did some research and discovered that there are a number of AAA, multi-platform games where only the PC versions have FOV sliders. The hit on performance, when someone increases what's being rendered on their screen, is so bad that the games don't pass console certification. 

Seeing as the devs, across all platforms, reduced the graphics from the Beta to the release, because consoles wouldn't be able to handle it; they probably took the same approach with the FOV slider. 

Or the hit on performance is so bad that even PCs can't handle it. 

I kinda feel like the FOV got a little tighter for counselors with the update. If so, maybe they brought it in to squeeze a few more fps out. 

Remember in the Beta how the FOV was bigger? Performance issues might very well be the case then. 

It has almost no effect on performance. Unless your hamster is still running inside your computer ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

It has almost no effect on performance. Unless your hamster is still running inside your computer ?

And you know this how?

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

And you know this how?

We checked it on 2 different specs and the difference in fps was 0, and there were no other negative effects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaggy said:

We checked it on 2 different specs and the difference in fps was 0, and there were no other negative effects.

Hey Bill Gates, who's we?

You checked nothing. Get out of here with your nonsense!

Do you even know what those terms mean? 

Go look up FOV slider and then tell me that performance isn't an issue. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Hey Bill Gates, who's we?

You checked nothing. Get out of here with your nonsense!

Do you even know what those terms mean? 

Go look up FOV slider and then tell me that performance isn't an issue. 

I know that your nonsense does not contribute anything. That's why I don't take it seriously what you write. As you can see, the number of posts does not always go hand in hand with knowledge about the game ?

1 minute ago, Shaggy said:

I know that your nonsense does not contribute anything. That's why I don't take it seriously what you write. As you can see, the number of posts does not always go hand in hand with knowledge about the game ?

Seeing as you brought up post-count, out of nowhere, shows where your focus and age is.

I understand your problem. Your mind's narrow. You got too much pride to educate yourself.
Who knows? Maybe you have a vision problem and reading is too difficult for you.

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Seeing as you brought up post-count, out of nowhere, shows where your focus and age is.

I understand your problem. Your mind's narrow. You got too much pride to educate yourself.
Who knows? Maybe you have a vision problem and reading is too difficult for you.

Do not be so modest. Show off your "wisdom" ? You little "adult" boy ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Do not be so modest. Show off your "wisdom" ? You little "adult" boy ?

No I'm not doing the work for you. I'm not your mother, and this isn't your disgusting room.

Get your little index fingers (because you probably type like a toddler), and put them on those sticky, stinky keys of yours and look it up yourself.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

No I'm not doing the work for you. I'm not your mother, and this isn't your disgusting room.

Get your little index fingers (because you probably type like a toddler), and put them on those sticky, stinky keys of yours and look it up yourself.  

You've already done it so I don't have to bother ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

You've already done it so I don't have to bother ?

Interesting
Well, I didn't cite anything, so that shows me that you trust what I'm saying.

So what's with the backlash? If you know I'm right, why the naysaying? Did I say something insulting to you in the past? Did I hurt your feelings? Are you getting back at me now, like how a child tries to get back at his father?

On 5/30/2018 at 7:00 AM, WashingtonJones said:

Guess what guys? I might be wrong.

The exclusion of an FOV slider might not be an intended part of the game. And I have a theory on why we might not ever be able to have one.

I just did some research and discovered that there are a number of AAA, multi-platform games where only the PC versions have FOV sliders. The hit on performance, when someone increases what's being rendered on their screen, is so bad that the games don't pass console certification. 

Seeing as the devs, across all platforms, reduced the graphics from the Beta to the release, because consoles wouldn't be able to handle it; they probably took the same approach with the FOV slider. 

Or the hit on performance is so bad that even PCs can't handle it. 

I kinda feel like the FOV got a little tighter for counselors with the update. If so, maybe they brought it in to squeeze a few more fps out. 

Remember in the Beta how the FOV was bigger? Performance issues might very well be the case then. 

Consoles cant manually modify their .ini file

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

What do you mean?

Games often use an .ini file to save a users settings, if a game lacks a .ini file the settings are not saved, because of this a variable can be added to the .ini file that controls the FOV however it dose not need to appear in the options menu. Adding an extra variable that also turns off or disables the option for an FOV slider is also an option, the .ini file is normally edited manually to change settings not in the options menu (such as setting all textures to use the texture that is used for rendering distant terrain so less resources are used), normally only people with potatoes need to do this.

• Like 1

Don't like that you can't see? Turn and look. Also go outside and try running while looking over your shoulder. How much can you see? Stay running? Not stumble?

Anyone have a picture of gameplay showing the problem with widescreen?

5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

In my opinion there shouldn´t even be a button where you can instantly look behind you.

I disagree with this, it works well for third person games.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, gamerx42z said:

Yeah it would be nice if you could actually see more behind you. Really don't like the character's body taking up so much space on the screen.

But dat azz.

Basically in widescreen, Everything becomes too close to the monitor . Causing headache. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

It sucks ass.

Sounds like a hell of a Saturday night.

• Haha 1